Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

PeterWeller posted:

It's not. It is a few thousand dollars cheaper and it comes loaded with nav as the only option. From a price and performance perspective, it competes with the Fiesta ST more than the Focus ST. That's basically the problem though.

Really? I could have sworn that Honda was known for not having tons of incentives and moving pretty close to sticker. You can get V6 Premium Mustang with some options transaction prices down to $22,500 + TT&L without trying too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Weinertron posted:

Really? I could have sworn that Honda was known for not having tons of incentives and moving pretty close to sticker. You can get V6 Premium Mustang with some options transaction prices down to $22,500 + TT&L without trying too hard.

Their MSRP is around 23K. A dealer offered me a sedan for 21 even. I wasn't in the market for a new car but I stopped and considered it. It's a good car for that money, but I like the noises my 08 makes and I suspect I will prefer the Fiesta when I get to driving it. I did like the Si more than the turbo Veloster and the Abarth, though I was tempted to buy the Abarth just for the awesome noises it makes.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Thwomp posted:

For all you small truck fans, the new 2015 Colorado got leaked ahead of its reveal next week.

That doesn't look all that small. Still, at least it's out there as an option.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Snowdens Secret posted:

That doesn't look all that small. Still, at least it's out there as an option.

Small like the Dakota was small, I think. Which is to say, not small at all.

I just hope they keep the small diesel option that's rumored. If they do it would be the right new truck for me. Oh also if it has a proper sized cargo box and comes in standard cab. If it's short box four door only then no deal.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

Thwomp posted:

For all you small truck fans, the new 2015 Colorado got leaked ahead of its reveal next week.

This is the first Chevy truck with a front-end that doesn't look like garbage in at least 20 years. Too bad it'll probably be the size of an F250 with the way truck sizes have been bloating.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I put off buying a new truck for as long as possible because I was waiting for the new Colorado to be released, wound up buying a Frontier a few months ago and I've been actually counting down the days until tomorrow when it's actually unveiled.

I have to say though that while I like the look of the front end, it's different than I would have hoped. I just wish they had gone with round wheel arches, the curved square thing Chevy's been doing recently looks horrible. I'm going to reserve judgement on the truck until I hear what's going to be powering it and I get to see it in person.

Samu fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 20, 2013

LtDansMagkLegs
Jul 23, 2013

PeterWeller posted:

Their MSRP is around 23K. A dealer offered me a sedan for 21 even. I wasn't in the market for a new car but I stopped and considered it. It's a good car for that money, but I like the noises my 08 makes and I suspect I will prefer the Fiesta when I get to driving it. I did like the Si more than the turbo Veloster and the Abarth, though I was tempted to buy the Abarth just for the awesome noises it makes.

I briefly looked at a Si as well. I stopped by just to look since I have never been that interested in Hondas in the past. The dealership I visited quoted me right at 22 after TTL and 0.9%. This was for the base model with summer tires. I think it would be a lot more interesting for me at least if they offered it in a 2 or 4 door hatch. Some think it's over done but I like the way the euro spec civic looks compared to the american one. If they sold that here maybe I would be more inclined to consider it.

I guess if you're specifically looking for a coupe/sedan it would be a good option as most of it's competition (ST, Abarth, GTI, Veloster turbo) are only offered with a hatchback.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
So Subaru is unveiling a metric shitload of cars.

Whether your thing is lifted BRZ shooting brake wagons, or turbocharged wagons that are a little bigger than an Impreza but not as big as a Legacy, or the WRX (which will be unveiled tomorrow morning) you can find stuff to drool over at their booth. Clearly having too much money and not enough cool cars to work on has driven their engineers temporarily insane.

Then Nissan trotted out their RWD 510 throwback concept. UNF.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2013/11/19/news-the-datsun-510-is-reborn/

Chin spoilers! Flares! Short wheelbase RWD!!! Centre exit exhausts!!!!

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 20, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
For what it's worth all of those are (right now) marked as concepts, and if you needed a bonerkiller, the Subie ones are all CVT. Although what drat near 300hp/tq feels like through a CVT I have no idea.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
You can get that in the Forester XT right now I think. Apparently feels no worse than the old 4 speed auto did.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Son of a bitch. An F-Type coupe?

I'm not sure I can take much more of this hatchy RWDy goodness.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

So Subaru is unveiling a metric shitload of cars.

Whether your thing is lifted BRZ shooting brake wagons, or turbocharged wagons that are a little bigger than an Impreza but not as big as a Legacy, or the WRX (which will be unveiled tomorrow morning) you can find stuff to drool over at their booth. Clearly having too much money and not enough cool cars to work on has driven their engineers temporarily insane.

The Levorg sets my heart a flutter :allears: I hope it gets a WRX-esque model

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It seems like maybe it's throwing a bone to those who liked the old Legacy wagons before they got embiggened.

The new 510 is neat too :)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

sadnessboner posted:

Grovel?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

For what it's worth all of those are (right now) marked as concepts, and if you needed a bonerkiller, the Subie ones are all CVT. Although what drat near 300hp/tq feels like through a CVT I have no idea.

It sounds like a metal chain slipping against metal cones, as far as i'm aware.

edit: that datsun is way too fuckin quirky. It's like a cube sports car.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 20, 2013

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

LtDansMagkLegs posted:

I briefly looked at a Si as well. I stopped by just to look since I have never been that interested in Hondas in the past. The dealership I visited quoted me right at 22 after TTL and 0.9%. This was for the base model with summer tires. I think it would be a lot more interesting for me at least if they offered it in a 2 or 4 door hatch. Some think it's over done but I like the way the euro spec civic looks compared to the american one. If they sold that here maybe I would be more inclined to consider it.

I guess if you're specifically looking for a coupe/sedan it would be a good option as most of it's competition (ST, Abarth, GTI, Veloster turbo) are only offered with a hatchback.

The problem with the Euro Civic isn't the styling, it's the platform. It uses an enlarged Fit platform that retains the twist beam axle. I love their look. They are crazy future cars that look like what the movies told me I'd be driving.

Moving on, that 510 concept looks great, and I hope it rubs off on this rumored small sports car. The F Type coupe looks even better than the convertible, but it still strikes me as more of a GT than a true sports car.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
FUll details on the COlorado are out.

quote:

All-New 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Redefines Midsize Trucks

- Midsize truck with the DNA of Chevy's full-size trucks
- Expected to deliver class-leading horsepower, payload and trailering
- Rounds out the industry's only three-truck portfolio to give customers more choices

LOS ANGELES – Chevrolet today unveiled the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Colorado, which will redefine the midsize truck and offer real truck capability and versatility to customers who don't require a full-size truck.

The new Colorado is built with the DNA of a true Chevy truck, expected to deliver class-leading power, payload and trailering ratings. Colorado goes on sale in fall 2014 as a 2015 model.

"Our strategy is simple: meet the needs of the broadest possible customer base, and let them choose precisely the right truck to meet their needs," said Mark Reuss, GM president of North America. "The all-new Colorado benefits from the solid foundation established by the Silverado, and it reinvents the midsize truck, while reinvigorating the segment at the same time."

The new Colorado was developed for the North American truck customer, with distinctive design, comfort and connectivity features, including segment firsts such as available forward collision alert and lane departure warning.

Chevrolet expects Colorado to be the most powerful truck in the segment, allowing owners to haul and tow more. A 2.5L I-4 is standard, and a 3.6L V-6 is available. Each engine is tuned, tested and validated for truck use, and each features direct injection and variable valve timing to optimize power and efficiency. Each is matched with a six-speed automatic transmission.

When properly equipped, the Colorado is expected to offer class leading payload capacity and trailering capacity of more than 6,700 pounds (3,039 kg). That's more than enough capability to throw a weekend's worth of camping gear in the bed and tow a boat to a favorite lake.

Colorado will also offer the segment's only diesel engine in its second year – a DURAMAX 2.8L I-4 turbodiesel that's already been proven in tough global markets. The diesel engine will expand Colorado's powertrain lineup to cover the broadest range of needs, taking Colorado's capability and efficiency to higher levels.

"We designed the Colorado to be the most versatile and most capable in its segment, bar none," said Jeff Luke, executive engineer, GM Trucks. "Not everyone needs full-size capability, but they still deserve the strength and true-truck attributes that come in larger models. The Colorado delivers capability with confidence – and a fun-to-drive spirit that complements active lifestyles."

Designed with a zeal for adventure

The Colorado's North American design is unique, with a confident stance and a sporty demeanor. Taller bedsides, for example, are exclusive to North America and match the aggressive, raked belt line of the cab, creating a distinctive proportion that reinforces the truck's athleticism, while also offering greater security to items stored in the bed.

Three configurations of the 2015 Colorado are offered – an extended cab model with a 6-foot bed, a crew cab with a 5-foot bed and a crew cab with a 6-foot bed. With the tailgate down, the 6-foot bed allows 8-foot-long items to be hauled within the vehicle.

"The new Colorado's design brings a youthful breath of fresh air to the midsize truck segment and puts a progressive spin on Chevrolet's true-truck styling," said Ken Parkinson, executive director of Chevrolet Design. "It's like the younger, more eager brother of the Silverado – a Chevy truck through and through, with great zeal and a spirit of adventure."

WT, LT and Z71 trims are available, all in 2WD or 4WD. The off-road-inspired Z71 is the brawniest of the bunch. It also features a gunmetal grille surround – a change from the chrome standard on the other models – projector headlamps and unique 17-inch aluminum wheels.

The Colorado features triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides, like the 2014 Silverado, for improved aerodynamic performance and a quieter interior.

To help keep overall mass down and improve the front-to-rear weight balance, the Colorado features a segment-first aluminum hood. It also features the segment's only active aero grille shutters, which close at certain highway speeds to enhance aerodynamics.

And because it's a true Chevy truck, the Colorado leaves nothing on the table when it comes to innovative solutions for hauling and accessing cargo:

- Standard CornerStep rear bumper design pioneered on the 2014 Silverado
- Available EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate that uses an internal torsion bar to make raising the tailgate easier with one hand, and a damper for more-controlled lowering
- Standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to effectively split the bed into upper and lower sections, making it easier to haul, store and conceal items such as tools
- Thirteen standard tie-down locations throughout the bed for use with available, movable cargo tie-down rings
- Standard bed rail and tailgate protectors
- Available factory-installed spray-in bed liner.

An interior for work, recreation and everyday comfort

Blending cues from its bigger brother Silverado with a style all its own, the interior of the 2015 Colorado is comfortable, cleverly equipped and well connected. A bold, upright instrument panel with large instruments and a central driver information center is similar to Silverado, while features including a center console with a floor- mounted shifter are similar to those found in midsize cars and crossovers.

The Colorado's cabin is also distinguished with exceptional attention to detail and premium appointments, including a sculpted headliner that enhances headroom, halo lighting on key controls for easier view and an open area at the front of the center console for easier phone charging. The Z71 model features exclusive color and trim details, including embossed seatbacks and contrast stitching.

"We took the best attributes of full-size trucks and midsize cars to develop a passenger space that delivers a balance of functionality and comfort that's unmatched," said Parkinson. "It's also designed to be as useful as possible, with storage compartments and clever features throughout, for owners who will use the Colorado as their daily driver and for weekend getaways."

Interior details include:

- Sculpted door panels that make it easier to enter/exit the vehicle
- Upper-instrument panel storage bin (when not equipped with the up level audio system) and large glove box volume
- Standard center console with room to store a tablet
- Rear under-seat storage.

Colorado's seats are designed for long-haul comfort and wear, too, with dual- firmness foam, for greater comfort on long drives, and high-wear, stain-resistant cloth seating trim. Leather appointed seating is available.

Connectivity, control and safety technologies enhance Colorado's driving experience

The new Colorado's technologies are aimed at complementing owners' lifestyles with connectivity and other features that support their daily and recreational lives – and help keep them safe, including:

- Eight-inch diagonal color touch screen (LT, Z71) and multiple USB drives
- 3.4-inch diagonal driver information screen in the instrument cluster
- Available next-generation OnStar and MyLink enhancements with gesture recognition and natural language voice recognition
- Available navigation.

Standard and available features designed to keep the Colorado's occupants safe before, during and after a crash, including:

- Six standard air bags, including head side curtain air bags designed for occupant ejection mitigation
- Large rearview mirrors and standard rear-vision camera system for greater visibility
- Segment-first application of forward collision alert (available)
- Segment-first application of lane departure warning (available)
- Standard StabiliTrak stability control system with rollover mitigation technology, trailer sway control, hill start assist and hill descent control (Z71).

Chevy truck DNA supports leading capabilities

The Colorado delivers the capability expected of a Chevy truck – including segment- leading payload and trailering. Like the Silverado, the Colorado is built on a fully boxed perimeter frame, which provides the strength to support its capabilities, as well as a confident, smooth and quiet ride.

A coil-over-type front suspension features aluminum knuckles that are low in mass and high in strength, contributing to a more responsive, immediate feel to driver inputs, as well as efficiency. It also features the segment's first application of electric power steering, which enhances efficiency by eliminating the consumption of a feature conventionally driven by the engine.

And speaking of steering, the Colorado has a short turning radius of only about 41 feet (12.5 meters), enabling it to turn around easier in tighter areas such as on city streets or backing a trailer into a camping spot.

Four-wheel disc brakes, with four-piston front calipers, are standard and feature DuralifeTM brake rotors – also pioneered on the 2014 Silverado. They offer up to double the service life, which can save money on maintenance.

Another Chevy truck feature offered on the Colorado is the G80 automatic locking rear differential. Introduced by Chevy more than 40 years ago, it gives drivers a traction advantage when it's needed. It is standard on Z71 and available on WT and LT.

Truck-tuned powertrains are designed for work, efficiency

The 2.5L and 3.6L engines offered in the Colorado are based on proven designs found in other Chevrolet vehicles, but tuned uniquely for truck duty – including more torque at lower rpm – for a more confident feeling of power when the Colorado is loaded or pulling a trailer.

The 2.5L four is estimated at 193 horsepower (146 kW) and 184 lb.-ft. of torque (253 Nm), with approximately 90 percent of the peak torque available from 2,000 rpm to 6,200 rpm. The 3.6L engine is estimated at 302 horsepower (224 kW) and 270 lb.-ft. of torque (366 Nm). SAE certification of the power ratings is pending.

Aluminum blocks and forged-steel crankshafts, along with dual-overhead camshafts with variable valve timing, direct injection and jet-spray piston cooling are features shared on both engines. A number of extended-life components are designed to reduce maintenance intervals, which can help reduce the cost of ownership.

All models are matched with a six-speed automatic that complements the truck- tuned engines with features that make hauling and trailering easier and more comfortable, including auto grade braking and a tow/haul mode.

Colorado's powertrain options will expand in 2016 with an all-new diesel engine that will offer exceptional levels of torque and efficiency for the segment – greatly expanding the capabilities of Chevy's all-new midsize truck.

Chevrolet will continue to work on and develop the Colorado until the start of production in 2014. The content of this release is based on current GM testing and is subject to change.

So they're giving the "cheap" truck the 300hp 3.6l DOHC engine while the Silverado is still on the 4.3l OHV? I wonder if there will be a GMC too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:woop: 2.8 liter duramax :woop:

throatwarbler, the 3.6 isn't a good truck engine, it's "300hp" on paper but you have nothing until 5000 RPM. the 4.3 is less powerful on paper, but has a lot more oompf.

Also, if the 3.6 fits, the 5.3 should easily.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Ugh that gear shift looks dumb as hell. Why don't these trucks all have column shifters? :mad:

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
Is there any chance of getting it with a manual or regular cab? Pickups with an auto or extended cab just feel wrong.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

The King of Swag posted:

Is there any chance of getting it with a manual or regular cab? Pickups with an auto or extended cab just feel wrong.

No. Buy a Tacoma. :911:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/11/2015-chevrolet-colorado-first-look.html

quote:

Many folks still think the only reason to buy a compact or midsize pickup truck is because you can't afford a full-size pickup. Those people are wrong. We'll state it right up front: There are pickup buyers who aren't interested in full-size trucks and they need more choices.

General Motors is banking on that notion by offering the first all-new pickup truck in the midsize segment since Honda came to market with its unibody Ridgeline in 2005. GM will unveil the all-new 2015 Chevrolet Colorado this week at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

With a three-truck strategy — heavy-duties, half-tons and midsizers — GM is hoping to appeal to all pickup buyers by offering a small, reliable and more affordable truck that fits in a garage, can navigate narrow streets and spin in the dirt. So GM has put the previous-generation Colorado to rest and started with a clean slate. As near as we can tell, this new truck is a combination of the best designs and solutions from the 2014 Silverado 1500 and the heavier-duty new global Holden Colorado (built in Thailand as a one-ton model that's sold throughout Indonesia). Here's what we know so far about the new Colorado:

Exterior
The 2015 Chevy Colorado is the first of two anticipated new midsize pickups to be revealed; we're guessing the 2015 GMC Canyon will debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January. Engineers have told us that when compared to a Silverado 1500 crew-cab short bed, the Colorado will be almost 6 inches narrower, 18 inches shorter, 3 inches lower and almost 1,000 pounds lighter. As we've seen from the teaser photos, this fits right into GM's "small, medium and large" lineup.

2015 Colorado side 2 II

Because of fuel economy and design challenges, GM engineers were selective about what strategies to carry over from the global Holden Colorado. Some design cues are similar, but the only carryover parts include the roof and a handful of bolts. Much of the foundational technology came from the 2014 Silverado 1500. The new frame is fully boxed and hydro-formed and uses a coil-over spring front independent suspension and a traditional spring-under leaf setup with a live axle. All models will have four-wheel disc brakes. We're told the frame will be the strongest in the segment and have the highest tow rating for the class at 6,700 pounds and offer the highest payload as well — we figure just more than 1,400 pounds.

The bed itself will be offered in two lengths with many of the same convenience details from the new Silverado and coming 2015 heavy-duty trucks. There will be a foot cutout in the bumper and hand hole in the bed sides for easier cargo access. There will be an optional spray-in bedliner, and the bed can be set up with 13 different cargo tie-down points. Additionally, the tailgate also will be equipped with the easy-up/easy-down strut for added convenience. And also like the Silverado, the bed interior and exterior are made from cold rolled steel instead of pressed and bent (and stretched) panels.

This truck has undergone exhaustive aerodynamic testing, so the top of the tailgate and bedrails are specifically designed to reduce turbulence as air flows off the cab. Every truck will have active automatic grille shutters to help make the engine run more efficiently, as well as reduce front drag when moving down the road. The aluminum hood on all models (just like the Silverado 1500) improves fuel economy, and the new truck will offer three all-new — for the Colorado — powertrains.

Under the Hood
The new Colorado will be offered in three trim levels: Work Truck (base), LT and Z71, with the latter's four-wheel-drive package offering upgraded shocks, bigger wheels and tires, a locking differential, and hill ascent and descent control. The base engine for the first two trim levels will be a 2.5-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is preliminarily rated for 193 horsepower and 184 pounds-feet of torque. The V-6 (302 hp, 270 pound-feet of torque) will be familiar to some because it's the same all-aluminum 3.6-liter engine used in everything from Chevrolet's new Impala sedan to the GMC Terrain crossover. The biggest powertrain news is that this new midsize will be the first of its class to get a turbo-diesel option: a U.S.-tuned 2.8-liter inline-four-cylinder Duramax GM has been using overseas. The engine is a result of the partnership GM had with VM Motori, until Chrysler bought out its remaining shares recently.

2.8L I-4 TD VM Motori

Duramax cutaway 4 II

There's no doubt the 2.8-liter Duramax will be the premium engine option, but we're told that it will be offered as an option across the entire lineup to make sure fleet and commercial buyers can outfit their vehicles as needed. However, this engine will not be available until the 2016 model year. Production logistics and assembly complexity are the reasons for its late availability, we're told.

GM did not release ratings for this engine, but based on other global vehicles, we'd guess power ratings would be in the 180-hp and 350-pounds-feet range.

Cab Configurations
Chevy has committed to just two models for the Colorado: a crew cab and an extended cab. Again, the Colorado exhibits technology and quietness strategies borrowed from the Silverado. The Colorado will use triple door seals, tighter clearances and more noise insulation. One noticeable difference is in the construction of the extended cab model. Where new Silverado extended cabs use conventional door openings, the Colorado will continue to use clamshell-type doors for easier rear access. Fleet customers requested this, and by using high-strength steel in the doors and roof, GM was able to achieve the roof and door crush standards it wanted.

At this stage the Colorado will offer be two wheelbase lengths, with the crew-cab models getting a choice of a 5-foot bed (on the short wheelbase) or a 6-foot bed (on the long wheelbase). The wheelbase differences between the two, as you might suspect, is 12 inches. Extended-cab models will be offered on the shorter wheelbase and have the 6-foot bed, but we suspect dealerships will hear from business owners and regular buyers who want a longer bed version (maybe with a 7- or 8-foot bed) based on a long-wheelbase extended cab.

Interior
2015 Colorado int II

The Colorado will have an available 8-inch navigation screen and easy-to-see toggle switches and icons, some of which are taken straight from the Silverado. The overall look is certainly more harmonious and unique-looking than we remember from the previous Colorado, which was a mess of mixed parts from various sedans, crossovers and vans. Some of the new Colorado's gauge cluster reminds us of the Camaro, and the center console is wide and large, unlike the previous model.

The rear seats in the crew cab are not as cramped as you'd expect, due in large part to the roof liner cutouts and a nice 18-degree rake to the seatbacks. Also, the rear doors do allow for good distances between the B-pillar and rear-seat base, so even if you have large boots on, access is pretty easy. Additionally, the rear seats have a huge amount of hidden storage underneath, and the seatback can be flipped down and fold flat, providing a large, wide rear tabletop. Extended-cab models will offer a small bench seat, but we're guessing that will not be comfortable for adults (we have not seen one yet). Also, extended-cab models will offer a seat-delete option for customers who want to create their own personalized rear storage area.

Colorado in the Market
There's no question GM will use the "lifestyle" vehicle marketing strategy for this truck, and although that path is well worn, it's probably more appropriate here than anywhere else. During our time poking around a fully loaded red Z71 and black extended- cab LT, we especially liked the Z71 for its sportier look. The interior is sharp and well-organized, with switches and control layouts similar to the Silverado. This is where GM's efforts will pay off as the interiors of the Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier and Toyota Tacoma sit far underneath.

New Colorados will roll off the assembly line in Wentzville, Mo., plant by the fall of 2014. Information about pricing and specifications will be available sporadically before that. If we learned anything from the reveal of the Chevy Silverado 1500, it's that we'll get more data in small bits for a long time to come. As much as that might sound like complaining, we're excited about this one. It could change the game we've been watching for decades.

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 20, 2013

LtDansMagkLegs
Jul 23, 2013

Wow that 510 concept toned down for production would look absolutely amazing. I love 4 spoke (Libre inspired?) wheels too.

I like both of those Subaru's as well, the Levorg looks like exactly the car I would want to buy next. Shame if it turns out to really be CVT only.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Can anyone explain pedestrian crash standards? Is the leading edge of the sharknose on the 510 concept an issue? Or is its height from the ground enough to make it workable?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Seems like this will be a good truck for towing your racecar to the track. :mrgw:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh my, that is very nice :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Throatwarbler posted:

No. Buy a Tacoma. :911:

They are due for a makeover for 2015 as well but Toyota has been super tight lipped about them.

e: No Duramax in the Colorado until 2016. That gives them plenty of time to still cancel it :v:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I'm not convinced that they can make the new Colorado any cheaper at all than the half-tons. There are such huge economies of scale behind the F150, Chevy 1500, and Ram 1500, and I thought most of the reason the midsize truck market died was that for the same money, bigger trucks are more useful and more desirable. Especially by the time you get to the diesel, the Colorado has got to be the same price as an F150 with the 5.0.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFhgI_Sl2SQ
Here's the video to go along with it.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

General Wiggles posted:

Here's the video to go along with it.
The car looks great, but the way that guy uses the dual-clutch "shifter" looks super dorky and not all suited to the sound that car makes.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Weinertron posted:

I'm not convinced that they can make the new Colorado any cheaper at all than the half-tons. There are such huge economies of scale behind the F150, Chevy 1500, and Ram 1500, and I thought most of the reason the midsize truck market died was that for the same money, bigger trucks are more useful and more desirable. Especially by the time you get to the diesel, the Colorado has got to be the same price as an F150 with the 5.0.

They'll own the fleet market, though. Being able to sell on long term reliability and fuel economy will mean that you'll see a zillion W/T trim white painted Colorados with diesels in a few years.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

http://jalopnik.com/2015-subaru-wrx-this-is-more-of-it-1468265557

A CVT? What the christ is Subaru thinking?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dunno, I find it pretty disappointing after their poo poo-talking the 86, a classic-looking sports car that actually exists. Another fantasy concept, and a fairly ugly one at that with really tortured-looking faux-retro styling. Which one is the midlife crisis mobile again? The one that will be relevant to young people born after the 70s?

In the extremely unlikely chance it makes it to production, it will probably look more like the concept they did in 2008:

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 20, 2013

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Get it with the 6-speed?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Automatic wrxs have always been terrible. I don't see why they should waste money on a separate transmission for the handful of people that buy them.

sadnessboner posted:

I would definitely buy a levorg. It's everything the current legacy is not, and arguably a way better addition to their product line than the cancelled tribeca now that both the forester and legacy/outback have gotten huge. Though I doubt that will happen, it's not impossible (see: the production-ready bodywork on the concept), and hopefully at the very least some of the styling cues will trickle down to the legacy wagon because right now it's straight ugly.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 20, 2013

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm interested to find out of the 2.0L isn't quite tuned to the ragged edge like the current 2.5L and would therefore be a bit more reliable.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Throatwarbler posted:

FUll details on the COlorado are out.

You know, this truck would look SO much better if the beltline was parallel with the rest of the lines of the truck and didn't swoop up toward the rear side window. That ruins the entire look for me.

Spatule
Mar 18, 2003

Cream_Filling posted:

Dunno, I find it pretty disappointing after their poo poo-talking the 86, a classic-looking sports car that actually exists. Another fantasy concept, and a fairly ugly one at that with really tortured-looking faux-retro styling. Which one is the midlife crisis mobile again? The one that will be relevant to young people born after the 70s?

In the extremely unlikely chance it makes it to production, it will probably look more like the concept they did in 2008:

Is that a Saab ?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Spatule posted:

Is that a Saab ?

Stop playing with my emotions. :comeback:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

West SAAB Story posted:

Stop playing with my emotions. :comeback:

Hey, I heard Saab is coming back

to make sure the gates are well and truly locked to their old manufacturing plant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Phy posted:

Get it with the 6-speed?

Seen the path Subaru are taking lately?