Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Donkay NOoo posted:

Cool we're on the same page. Hi friend.

I've always wondered what the PUAs thought of women that have gently caress buddies, like I've done that before with some girls and guys, what ladder is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
when it comes to ladder theory i'm less like a pair of ladders and more like the winchester mansion, i'm kind of lost and there's stairs everywhere and they keep adding more and tearing them down and there's ghosts everywhere

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Dolphin posted:

Jesus Christ.

Misandry is Real.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Espy posted:

I've always wondered what the PUAs thought of women that have gently caress buddies, like I've done that before with some girls and guys, what ladder is that?

Why won't you gently caress me then????

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Fruity Gordo posted:

same SAME. SAAAMMEEE.

my friends and i play this game where we sit in the front windows of pubs and cafes and have to choose a life partner out of the first three people who walk by. after a while you stop looking at people's bodies and look at their faces, and you notice how kind some people's faces are though they're not classically beautiful. kind faces are the best faces

This is funny because in public I look like I perpetually wanna kill everybody who walks in front of me when I'm not thinking about how I look.

I got the male version of bitchy resting face.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Maybe I'm horribly shallow, but I tend to know whether or not I'm attracted to someone within a moment or two of meeting them. If that attraction isn't there at the start, it isn't ever going to be. I try not to lead people on, but who knows.

I'm in a monogamous relationship though, so it's kind of a moot point anyway. The whole drat world's in my friendzone.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Espy posted:

the ladder their snake will never meet

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crow Jane posted:

Maybe I'm horribly shallow, but I tend to know whether or not I'm attracted to someone within a moment or two of meeting them. If that attraction isn't there at the start, it isn't ever going to be. I try not to lead people on, but who knows.

I'm in a monogamous relationship
though, so it's kind of a moot point anyway. The whole drat world's in my friendzone.

Well you could always make a scientific argument for pheromones and :words:

But yeah, some physical connection is important even if it's not the most important thing. I personally prefer conversation so it is pretty low on my list of priorities, but I could never date a girl I had no attraction to at all.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rita Repulsa posted:

when it comes to ladder theory i'm less like a pair of ladders and more like the winchester mansion, i'm kind of lost and there's stairs everywhere and they keep adding more and tearing them down and there's ghosts everywhere

And don't forget the hornets. And the ghost hornets.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Crow Jane posted:

I'm in a monogamous relationship though, so it's kind of a moot point anyway. The whole drat world's in my friendzone.

well dudes do this too shamelessly what with referring to girls as numbers one thru ten so I'm not sure why someone would be upset by women having standards too

i've never understood the ten thing really
no ones perfect and everyone is cool in their own way

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Gonna be brutally honest here. I once dated an ugly guy and his crippling insecurity made the relationship the most toxic assholeish relationship ever. But I guess if you're ugly it's hard to be confident I'm sorry :(

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Donkay NOoo posted:

Gonna be brutally honest here. I once dated an ugly guy and his crippling insecurity made the relationship the most toxic assholeish relationship ever. But I guess if you're ugly it's hard to be confident I'm sorry :(

I've dated hot guys and girls with crippling insecurity too, trust me appearances aren't the only factor to make someone insecure. But obviously date whoever you want. :3:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
being intolerant of a man in a bar and refusing to give him your number is a grievous insult on par with genocide

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Well you could always make a scientific argument for pheromones and :words:
Humans lack functional vomeronasal organs.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Espy posted:

I've dated hot guys and girls with crippling insecurity too, trust me appearances aren't the only factor to make someone insecure. But obviously date whoever you want. :3:

Yeah I guess after that confidence or at least just self assuredness was a must for me so I've never dealt with anything that bad any more

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
nearly everyone i've dated has been way hotter than me classically imo, but they havent realised it. i have dated a lady who knew how sexy she was and we had great fun sex and fun and cuddles and nice times but then we had to split because of job distance. that was the hardest breakup ever, because relationships with needy people are loving terrible

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

It's right to assume an ugly dude will have less self confidence though.

It's not always correct but it is a good indicator.

I know because I am an ugly fucker.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Donkay NOoo posted:

Yeah I guess after that confidence or at least just self assuredness was a must for me so I've never dealt with anything that bad any more

Same here, insecure dudes that message me on stuff like okcupid are pretty obvious. Like what goes through a guy's mind when they send me a message every few days when I'm clearly not interested in even starting a conversation with them?

Honestly the internet is the only place I really deal with insecure people, people I date that I met in my day-to-day life are easier to pick out.

Motherfucker posted:

It's right to assume an ugly dude will have less self confidence though.

It's not always correct but it is a good indicator.

Being taller than average has been a great way to pick out insecure guys and it also made that any person I date that doesn't comment on my height or ask if I played sports get bonus points.

Motherfucker posted:

I know because I am an ugly fucker.

You had a chance to call yourself an ugly Motherfucker and you blew it. :colbert:

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 20, 2013

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fruity Gordo posted:

nearly everyone i've dated has been way hotter than me classically imo, but they havent realised it. i have dated a lady who knew how sexy she was and we had great fun sex and fun and cuddles and nice times but then we had to split because of job distance. that was the hardest breakup ever, because relationships with needy people are loving terrible
Is that an opinion you hear a lot from your partners?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Dolphin posted:

Is that an opinion you hear a lot from your partners?

are you negging me for fun or relief?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fruity Gordo posted:

are you negging me for fun or relief?
lolmg no i thought maybe you talked to your lmaopartners about how needy people are the worstmg! i agree with you that cuddles are awesome and hoped that you would post more relationship details because your posting is sooo interestinglmao

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

I get frustrated when someone's too much of a weenis to contradict me, because I know I'm not always right. Might as well buy a Tamagotchi, shiiiit.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Dolphin posted:

lolmg no i thought maybe you talked to your lmaopartners about how needy people are the worstmg! i agree with you that cuddles are awesome and hoped that you would post more relationship details because your posting is sooo interestinglmao

Women don't shitpost like this.

I'm on to you.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

I get frustrated when someone's too much of a weenis to contradict me, because I know I'm not always right. Might as well buy a Tamagotchi, shiiiit.

Read that as a Hitachi at first, my mind is in dumb places

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Espy posted:

You had a chance to call yourself an ugly Motherfucker and you blew it. :colbert:

I thought it'd be funny to be named motherfucker for about five posts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"I'm going to drive this car right into a tree and then poo poo a golden egg down your throat!!"

"yes dear"

augh

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Needy people should date other needy people and go into a needy spiral of doom.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Fruity Gordo posted:

she has a really posh aussie accent, like she grew up in the cotswolds and then moved to melbourne when she was 14

dolly parton did it better imo but that lady seems weird and cool so whatevs.
yea same

Fruity Gordo posted:

my favourite thing is when gay men do drag and then get groped by EVERYONE and then realise 'hey this poo poo isnt cool it is horrible' and then they never try to touch my boobs without asking ever again
The one and only time I ever got groped in my adult life it was such an odd experience I had no idea what to think (and yea I was in drag at the time)

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I was once a needy person but then I went to college for a few years and dropped my christian raised monogamy, best decision of my life.

Also getting groped on a train in China sucks

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

lol lets be friends

What does a lesbian say while friendzoning a girl?
Lesbefriends.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
once I got my rear end slapped by a professor from another university and I am not proud to say I just froze up because what the hell do you do under those circumstances??

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Pick posted:

once I got my rear end slapped by a professor from another university and I am not proud to say I just froze up because what the hell do you do under those circumstances??

Sue for every dime.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

Sue for every dime.

mmm yes i've always wanted to be blacklisted from all the things

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pick posted:

This is pretty much my reaction to any sudden touch that is unwanted, which is not good when someone is sexually assaulting you and you can't even say no from shock.

Pick posted:

mmm yes i've always wanted to be blacklisted from all the things

Academia is evil so I can't blame you, professors can get away with a ton of bullshit and black mark you hardcore.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
the only time i've been groped was in a bar and some guy did the whole "whoooops somehow tripped right beside you and ended up grabbing a tit how did that happen ps lemme getcher number girl" act

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I hope one day to be powerful enough to blacklist people

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Needy people should date other needy people and go into a needy spiral of doom.
There are people who look for neediness in a partner because it makes them feel important. I've certainly known people who get into odd parent-child dynamics when in relationships, and while it's gross, it seems to make them happy.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Women's Rights? posted:

the only time i've been groped was in a bar and some guy did the whole "whoooops somehow tripped right beside you and ended up grabbing a tit how did that happen ps lemme getcher number girl" act

Only times I get groped are typically by a guy I initially am flirting with but then stop but they don't

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

I had a dude come up behind me while I was dancing with a friend and squeeze my tits so hard I actually yelped. Got him and his bros thrown out, not sure what someone with a popped collar was doing at a mod and soul night anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Pretty much every time I went to a night club I was touched inappropriately. It all seemed so cool pre-21..

• Locked thread