Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No
Sep 13, 2006

Ok so I have:

Adamant Huge Power Azumarill

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Aqua Ring

Modest Infiltrator Noibat
Dragon Pulse
Boomburst
Air Slash
Flamethrower

Jolly Speed Boost Scolipede
Pursuit
Rollout
Toxic Spikes
Steamroller

I haven't really messed with their moves and I dunno what to do, I've added good ones on there but idk.. I just dunno where to go from here for a decent team just to have fun with. Thinking of making a Blissey just to have a healer and another silly egg-shaped tank but for SpDef instead. Any suggestions would be great.

Also my item game is lacking, what would be good to put on these fellas?

My battle experience is just fighting my roommate with our in-game teams, so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

No posted:

Ok so I have:

Adamant Huge Power Azumarill

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Aqua Ring

Modest Infiltrator Noibat
Dragon Pulse
Boomburst
Air Slash
Flamethrower

Jolly Speed Boost Scolipede
Pursuit
Rollout
Toxic Spikes
Steamroller

I haven't really messed with their moves and I dunno what to do, I've added good ones on there but idk.. I just dunno where to go from here for a decent team just to have fun with. Thinking of making a Blissey just to have a healer and another silly egg-shaped tank but for SpDef instead. Any suggestions would be great.

Also my item game is lacking, what would be good to put on these fellas?

My battle experience is just fighting my roommate with our in-game teams, so.

Scolipede should probably be Protect/(Toxic) Spikes/Baton Pass/Megahorn and hold a Focus Sash, Noivern should consider Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse, and Azumarill should consider Superpower instead of Aqua Ring

Blissey is a SpDef tank, you're going to want a physical tank on that team.

vvv Oh oops I misread that :blush:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 20, 2013

No
Sep 13, 2006

Zoness posted:

Scolipede should probably be Protect/(Toxic) Spikes/Baton Pass/Megahorn and hold a Focus Sash, Noivern should consider Draco Meteor instead of Dragon Pulse, and Azumarill should consider Superpower instead of Aqua Ring

Blissey is a SpDef tank, you're going to want a physical tank on that team.

That's what I mean, Azumarill has really high regular Def, so I want Blissey to balance it out. Also sweet, none of those are egg moves I don't have!

Thanks for the advice!

Any suggestions for compatible teammates are also encouraged. All the Pokemon I really really like aren't yet available until the Pokebank.

Edit: Haha I can totally see how you misread that. But yeah I meant Azumarill is my Def silly egg tank and Blissey would be a silly egg SpDef tank.

No fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 20, 2013

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Man, the npc personalities in the Battle Chateau all tremendously suck.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

Man, the npc personalities in the Battle Chateau all tremendously suck.

Come at me, prole!

Seriously how can you not love that guy. Also the Furisode girl who's a bodybuilder. And the Robot Maid is awesome too.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Zoness posted:

Come at me, prole!

Seriously how can you not love that guy. Also the Furisode girl who's a bodybuilder. And the Robot Maid is awesome too.

Well, there are glowing exceptions which you pointed out. The classist sore losers just grate on my nerves. Particularly after perhaps the 20th time of having it pointed out that it is impossible they could be beaten by such lowborn garbage.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In doubles and triples, if you use Protect, are you still affected by friendly Heal Pulse and/or Aromatherapy?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Anybody who hasn't tried out Adaptability Crawdaunt really should. Its Aqua Jet is stronger than Azumarill. Both Crabhammer and Knock Off have been buffed and it has access to Swords Dance. Water and Dark are such good STABs that you don't even have to run Superpower anymore.

I've been using one paired with bulky Scolipede and if I manage to pass a sub and boost it is unstoppable.

Life Orb +2 Knock Off OHKO's Skarmory and Ferrothorn after rocks :allears:

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 21, 2013

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I was considering it but I'm so Dark & Water heavy as it stands that a Crawdaunt isn't very appealing. The game pretty quickly gives you so many good options for those elements pretty early on. I think having a Greninja doesn't help much either.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The best Chateau trainer is that Furisode Girl who is actually a bodybuilder. Her and "Monsieur Premature".

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

So does Boomburst get Chatot anywhere near viable? It doesn't get Scrappy, but it has about the same special attack as Exploud and quite a bit more speed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

LAY-ZX posted:

So does Boomburst get Chatot anywhere near viable? It doesn't get Scrappy, but it has about the same special attack as Exploud and quite a bit more speed.

It's still a joke character, but now it's a joke character with a hilarious gimmick.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LAY-ZX posted:

I've been wrecked by a Chatot, but that was mostly bad luck with hitting myself in confusion over and over again.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

LAY-ZX posted:

. . . This is kind of terrifying.

It doesn't have the same special attack, but instead has slightly higher. If you can baton pass it into a Speed Boost and a Substitute simultaneously, it might actually make a surprisingly effective gimmick cleanup.

Its pitiful defenses probably mean any priority move will end it, but it could be worth a try.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Wow, I just noticed that the Mega Evolution Guru has some pretty amazing eyebrows.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywDDWGyqhT4

Dat Diggersby tho

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't think I've seen a Diggersby on Showdown not named "Diggersby tho" in the last week

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

This explains so much

Countblanc posted:

I don't think I've seen a Diggersby on Showdown not named "Diggersby tho" in the last week

I battled a guy who just spammed "Dat Diggersby tho" everytime he sent it out

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 21, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

I can't be sure, but I think they like Diggersby.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Diggersby is basically a goon so you'd think he'd endear himself to people on this forum more.

Last night I was trying to think of the ultimate Goon Pokemon team. Goodra, Diggersby, and Snorlax would have to be on it but I'm not sure what the last 3 would be.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So anyone know a good build and Move set for Goodra? Can't decide what I want to do with my shiny. Maybe a Special Wall and Attacker? Max HP and Split the rest in SpA and SpD?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I am so confused. Doesn't Diggersby suck major nads? Is that the joke? They're hyping him up when he sucks tons?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

I am so confused. Doesn't Diggersby suck major nads? Is that the joke? They're hyping him up when he sucks tons?

No he's got Huge Power, meaning he's got huge attack and some great STAB moves. Duder's pretty alright.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Internet Kraken posted:

Diggersby is basically a goon so you'd think he'd endear himself to people on this forum more.

Last night I was trying to think of the ultimate Goon Pokemon team. Goodra, Diggersby, and Snorlax would have to be on it but I'm not sure what the last 3 would be.

Why is Goodra on that team?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

pandaK posted:

Large thighs, drips goo uncontrollably

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No he's got Huge Power, meaning he's got huge attack and some great STAB moves. Duder's pretty alright.

Hmm, didn't know this. This changes things.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Electric and Ghost immunity, too.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

pandaK posted:

Were you not here when Goomy got found and goons went apeshit over it for pages and pages?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

pandaK posted:

Its fat, ugly, and incredibly clingy. Goodra is an E/N poster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Electric and Ghost immunity, too.

And Para Immunity! And Flying Resistance! All in all pretty okay pokemon.

I hosed up.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 21, 2013

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

And Para Immunity! And Flying Resistance! All in all pretty okay pokemon.

It doesn't resist flying.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Constable Lemon posted:

It doesn't resist flying.

For some reason I was thinking Elec/Normal. Ignore me.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

razorrozar posted:

Were you not here when Goomy got found and goons went apeshit over it for pages and pages?

With good reason. :colbert:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

McDragon posted:

With good reason. :colbert:

No denial here, I love the little slimeball.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I found out you can make a Goomy-ish handsign while I was taking a poo poo today. You like, make a ball with your hands by making a fist with one and then wrapping your other hand around it, then sticking your thumbs outward. Ha, humor.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Internet Kraken posted:

How about Slaking?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Immer posted:

How about Slaking?

Skuntank? :v:

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

MBTW-WWWW-WWW3-48ZA

Man, I hate when people go online with all shiny teams just to show them off. :argh:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

How viable would a Steel-type Hidden Power be for a Protean Greninja?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Emong posted:

MBTW-WWWW-WWW3-48ZA

Man, I hate when people go online with all shiny teams just to show them off. :argh:

What the hell is the point of them otherwise? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Hey if anyone is interested in a 4/5 IV mienfoo of various abilities please come check the trading thread.

• Locked thread