Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Alright, decided to look at this game after playing it for a month at launch and then quitting.

I read about the free level 58 event a few months ago, and it mentioned accounts created before that point are eligible for 1 character, is that still current?

\/\/\/\/ Welp, was worth a shot.

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Doublestep posted:

Alright, decided to look at this game after playing it for a month at launch and then quitting.

I read about the free level 58 event a few months ago, and it mentioned accounts created before that point are eligible for 1 character, is that still current?

No, it's not. You had to have a character created before they ran the script, and that was long ago. Sorry! The grind isn't that terrible anyways. Provided you roll on MT, once you hit 30, I'm pretty sure goons can carry you through Corsair's Stronghold and get you leveled up that way.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 20, 2013

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
The goon guild doesn't seem very active, though. I've seen one, maybe two others on at most.

I'm 37 right now, and coasting through. BAMs are actually taking some time to kill.

e: And leveling seems WAY easier than before (I leveled a warrior to 60 at launch)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

DarkstarIV posted:

Provided you roll on MT, once you hit 30, I'm pretty sure goons can carry you through Corsair's Stronghold and get you leveled up that way.

Yeah, MT was my original launch server. I have a 26 warrior, maybe I should give it another whirl.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DarkstarIV posted:

No, it's not. You had to have a character created before they ran the script, and that was long ago. Sorry! The grind isn't that terrible anyways. Provided you roll on MT, once you hit 30, I'm pretty sure goons can carry you through Corsair's Stronghold and get you leveled up that way.

Wait, this is the first I have heard about this, how do you claim it? I have a fairly old account, so should be eligible.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

tallian posted:

Wait, this is the first I have heard about this, how do you claim it? I have a fairly old account, so should be eligible.

You had to create a character during the specific event with a specific naming convention. If this is the first you're hearing of it, you don't qualify.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

GaylordButts posted:

You had to create a character during the specific event with a specific naming convention. If this is the first you're hearing of it, you don't qualify.

Oooohh.. I misunderstood as had to have a character before the event, period.

Ah well, it would suck to have a broke rear end level 58 anyway.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ttocs7 posted:

The goon guild doesn't seem very active, though. I've seen one, maybe two others on at most.

I'm 37 right now, and coasting through. BAMs are actually taking some time to kill.

e: And leveling seems WAY easier than before (I leveled a warrior to 60 at launch)

I play on Celestial Hills because that's where my RL friends play, but I think I'll drop by MT again. Do I have to ask someone in particular for an invite?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
No, just apply to Dragongod Knightkings and in your application put "SA" and your forum name.

Bear in mind that all of the active DGKK players have multiple level 60s in different guilds so they may be on other characters (usually in No Fun Allowed).

If I'm not online in DGKK just add Adrenalize and Adrenalise to your friends list since I might be on my NFA characters.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
...:getin:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-pig-out

But the coolest mount is in the gambling boxes. :negative:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Just hit level 30 and I think I've maybe seen 2 or 3 people log into the guild.

I assume the active goons are part of other guilds? Lancer here, looking for a home..

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So there is a new class coming in Jan 2014 to KTERA. It will be a ranged leather wearing class, that is DPS based. Not an archer, if that is what you are thinking. There is a catch though! It is Elin only!! New dungeons, and new "inner wear" armor coming as well.

http://teratoday.com/tera-news/asia/bhs-ktera-new-content

I should mention that the general reaction to this news is overwhelmingly negative. Both NA and KTera players are really pissed at the fact that the new class is Elin only.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 25, 2013

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Is Elin the most popular race? Is it something that only makes sense for their lore or something?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Elins are pretty much what keeps this game afloat :pedo:

Really, the amount of creepy elin players is mind-blowing.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Maxmaps posted:

Is Elin the most popular race? Is it something that only makes sense for their lore or something?

In KTera and our version, yes (in terms of popularity, and no for the lore thing). However, a lot of people are really pissed this new class is Elin restricted, and are calling BHS out for being lazy. BHS claims it takes them 8 months to make the motions for a single race or something, which I find incredibly hard to believe.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, it really is pure :effort: on their part.

A lesser gripe is it's another leather class, which would make it four classes vying for armour drops :suicide:
Makes me feel all the better for playing Zerker. Only dps in plate :coolbert:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 25, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Having a new ranged leather DPS class (why more leather ugh, at least leather drops are class specific now or did they change that with wonderholme) be Elin only is probably the worst combination of bad design choices in a recent MMO.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KaneTW posted:

Having a new ranged leather DPS class (why more leather ugh, at least leather drops are class specific now or did they change that with wonderholme) be Elin only is probably the worst combination of bad design choices in a recent MMO.

Don't forget its overloaded skill set. Long range powerful attacks, a heal, a way to reduce damage, etc etc.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

yancy2010 posted:

Just hit level 30 and I think I've maybe seen 2 or 3 people log into the guild.

I assume the active goons are part of other guilds? Lancer here, looking for a home..

We are. If you don't see us around we may be on a character in No Fun Allowed. You can be in multiple guilds on multiple characters in Tera.

No Fun Allowed is pretty much all level 60s and they are all on endgame content. If you want, you can send in an application to No Fun Allowed and put "SA/DGKK" in the text box. You will be accepted. We can speed you through the levelling process via Alliance Dailies and Corsair's Stronghold. I'm not on my DGKK characters as much since I haven't seen a few of the non NFA regulars on for a bit.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Is there any other advantage to being sped through those (like am I getting rep/pvp/endgame gear)?

I'm currently 44, will probably hit 46 tonight. I feel like leveling until about 35 or so was sped up slightly, and now it's slowing down a bit to what I remember. At least being a lancer means that if I ever find myself out of quests (unlikely, as I'm slightly ahead right now), I can just chain queue dungeons.

I don't mind the pace I'm currently leveling at, but if there's other neat things to do with people, I could be sped through, too.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
You can get dead levels between dungeons and during periods where you aren't getting gear upgrades. Leveling via dungeons/questing doesn't get slow until about level 54.

You need 100 million exp to go from 58 to 59 and 151 million exp to go from 59 to 60. This seems like alot but if you do the right things its very fast.

At level 59 you will want to shadow a level 60 who can do alliance quests for you. 1 quest takes about 3 minutes and involves killing 3 mugatos and 3 ghuillidus and it gives roughly 30 million exp. If you do your Corsair's daily quest (win a battle in Corsair's Stronghold) you will get about 13.5 million exp. It can take anywhere from 6 minutes to 30 minutes and depending on your contribution (how many kills/assists/siege destructions you get), you can get a further 12 million exp.

So if you hang around a few level 60s in the NFA mumble, you can blitz level 54 to 60 in a few days, spending less than 35 minutes per day playing the game.

Whether you win or lose in Corsair's Stronghold, you will get Bellicarium and Killing Spree credits which you can use to buy Strikeforce pvp gear. This gear is very good and is comparable to the 2nd best pve gear in the game. It is the 2nd best pvp gear in the game and I would highly recommend getting the gloves and boots at the very minimum.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
You can do the alliance quest every day from about level 30 I think. It's been tuned so it always gives you 20% of a level in XP, regardless of what level you are.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
Oh, interesting.

I do remember 52-54 being really slow on my warrior, until I got a weapon upgrade... then it was really fast again. My "carrot-on-a-stick" gift box went away at 45, so I'll probably hit that dry spot again.

I'm going to be busy the next week or so, so I'll probably keep leveling (just about 48 right now), and reach out to you when things settle.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Blackheart weapon skins!

And you can get a guaranteed weapon skin of your class for the low, low price of $100!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is Inner Armor underwear? That's what it meant in Vindictus and they describe the difference between it as freebie ones being plain white and premium have frills so it must be something visual.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 27, 2013

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

An Elin specific class? They already get the fastest arcane pulse animation and largest first attack step on Lancer, do they need even more stuff? Maybe I'm just bitter that my fuckface Popori barely takes a step when doing his autoattack so it's a pain in the rear end to tag people with the first hit to slow them in pvp, or maybe I just think that they're catering to the :pedo: demographic so heavily.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

yergacheffe posted:

An Elin specific class? They already get the fastest arcane pulse animation and largest first attack step on Lancer, do they need even more stuff? Maybe I'm just bitter that my fuckface Popori barely takes a step when doing his autoattack so it's a pain in the rear end to tag people with the first hit to slow them in pvp, or maybe I just think that they're catering to the :pedo: demographic so heavily.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the biggest "whales" are a bunch of anime nerds whose rooms are some unholy shrine to *~moe~*. On both sides of the pacific.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
Yeah that's the only explanation I can think of, they know which side their bread is buttered.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Any whale hunting aside, this game has to be roughly 50% Elin already.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was farting around on the trading post last night and found that apparently there exists an absolutely enormous witch hat costume item. Is that obtainable in game somewhere or was it a cash shop only thing? I don't actually have any 60s, so buying it off the TP is not in the cards for quite some time.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

chumbler posted:

I was farting around on the trading post last night and found that apparently there exists an absolutely enormous witch hat costume item. Is that obtainable in game somewhere or was it a cash shop only thing? I don't actually have any 60s, so buying it off the TP is not in the cards for quite some time.

Might've been the witch hat costume piece from this halloween, which was cash shop only yeah.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

What do I have to change in which .ini file to be able to see hitboxes like this?:

Sync
Nov 16, 2012

C:\Program Files(x86)\TERA\Client\S1Game\Config\S1Input.ini

Add the line:
Bindings=(Name="Insert",Command="show collision")
after the bEnableMouseSmoothing line.

You can change the name="_____" to whatever key you want and you just press it to toggle it in game.

Sync fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 5, 2013

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I am just getting into this game and I cannot believe how visually stunning it is. It may be the best looking game I have ever played, the best looking MMO for sure. My first BAM fight was pretty cool, I was not expecting the cut scene.

I'm digging this game so far :)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
What's so bad about channel one? Maybe it's because I'm a dirty european and play at the wrong times but it doesn't seem that crowded. Is is just that I'm going to get ganked every five seconds once I'm away from beginner island?

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
If you are on Mount Tyrannas its because you'll get ganked yes. There is often multiple level 60s camping the lumbertown bridge. They will explode any lowbies that try to get out. Just avoid them entirely until you are equal level and have similar gear, then wreck them.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WanderingKid posted:

If you are on Mount Tyrannas its because you'll get ganked yes. There is often multiple level 60s camping the lumbertown bridge. They will explode any lowbies that try to get out. Just avoid them entirely until you are equal level and have similar gear, then wreck them.

That's weird, I just walked right past them when I was there, I figured they were sitting around to protect the newbies from opposing high level players.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

That's weird, I just walked right past them when I was there, I figured they were sitting around to protect the newbies from opposing high level players.

Sometimes that is also the case. If you kill someone many levels (6+?) below you, you gain infamy points and are flagged as an outlaw until your infamy drops back to 0. I don't remember exactly how long it takes but I recall something like 5-10 minutes per point, and killing someone that far below you yields 10 points. Those numbers are probably entirely inaccurate, but it's a significant amount of time rather than something like two minutes and you can stack your infamy quite high. If you see a 60 with a red name, he's been killing lower levels. If the names look normal, he's probably been killing the crappy 60s that hunt low levels.

Septimus
Aug 30, 2003
Wasabi? Why not!
Many of the players on my friend list have been leaving the game lately. My MCHM static is now down a lancer and slayer. The GMs of my guild(s) have been vanishing or handing the reigns over to others. Many of the most active players have transferred to Tempest Reach. The server (CH) seems less populated.

I feel inclined to say the server is dying. Maybe the server merge that is in the pipeline for Korea will happen to North America too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Uh, did someone just replace "guildie" with "terrible person" or does that mean that my character isn't confirmed as being a goon character? My priest's name is Baltarian if you need a thread post to verify it.

• Locked thread