Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Drifter posted:

Oh GOD that "enhance" scene. :sigh:

Four seconds has never hurt so bad.

To be fair, comic book "hacker" magic is the one place this should happen.

As opposed to everywhere else that it shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Error 404 posted:

To be fair, comic book "hacker" magic is the one place this should happen.

As opposed to everywhere else that it shows up.

Oh sure, but bad is bad, and should be recognized as such. :flashfact:

Also, I enjoy Felicity and Diggle doing digglish things. They're good people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What, you mean the Count's signal hijack wasn't in 4k?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Drifter posted:

Oh sure, but bad is bad, and should be recognized as such. :flashfact:

Also, I enjoy Felicity and Diggle doing digglish things. They're good people.

My favourite line of the episode was "I'm starting to wonder what would impress you guys," from felicity when she does the working places overlay. I also liked "and I approve this high" but then I really liked the Count in general. Still when one batshit crazy villain dies another batshit awesome villain is reborn, as the old saying goes.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

XboxPants posted:

Triple arrows to the chest out the window of a skyscraper, no less. And Ollie still goes over to check and make sure he got him, respect for that.

Where's the Count?

He's in the car.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
When Moira was found not guilty i was all ready to :argh:
But then at the end it turned into
Barrowman! :argh:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

evenworse username posted:

I also liked that when Arrow decides to take someone out, he takes them right the gently caress out.

Triple arrows to the chest, ooof.

One, two, three arrows to the chest, ah ah ah!

Kind of a bummer that (this version of) the Count won't be back for more, but it was a hell of a send-off, so I'm not too down about it. I wonder if Brother Blood was also using Vertigo in his super soldier mixture?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Brother Blood's mask is really stupid, considering he literally just stands around doing gently caress all with it. At least the other island deathstroke did stuff in his mask, even though it made him look like a bobblehead.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drifter posted:

Brother Blood's mask is really stupid, considering he literally just stands around doing gently caress all with it. At least the other island deathstroke did stuff in his mask, even though it made him look like a bobblehead.

He's a famous local politician though, he needs something that fully disguises his mask and voice and he's smart enough to know green greasepaint over the eyes won't get the job done.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rarity posted:

He's a famous local politician though, he needs something that fully disguises his mask and voice and he's smart enough to know green greasepaint over the eyes won't get the job done.

I'm not saying he doesn't need a mask (or whatever), but it's such a shittily done ripoff of Scarecrow and it looks terrible.

I feel they could have done better, and as cheaply, mask-wise. But whatever, it's just a minor costume complaint, so it's not THAT big a deal.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Why would he need to wear the mask at all when nobody survives the treatment to begin with? Until the last episode that is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drifter posted:

Probably freaky as hell as you're dying from VertiVenoMiracle though.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Why did Barrowman have to shoot the driver he had obviously hired himself?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

JayMax posted:

Dude is highly skilled, intelligent, and entirely amoral...

He's also crazier than a bag of cats.

I think we can chalk this one up to crazy with a side of no witnesses.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Now how does Moira get back home? Barrowman :argh:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - It's her car, I'm sure she'll just drive herself.

JayMax posted:

What, you want the SAME driver to drive you to ANOTHER place? What, like a peasant? Pfff. :jerkbag:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I know a certain superhero she can call on. With driving powers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JayMax posted:

Now how does Moira get back home? Barrowman :argh:

Barrowman :argh: was feeling pretty wired. He wanted to take her home and eat her pussy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

JayMax posted:

No loose ends. Everyone thinks he's dead. He can't have some random driver knowing he's still alive.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

KenjiKaizoku posted:

Oh, there's absolutely no "probably" about it. They foreshadowed that with all the subtlety of punch to the throat. In the comics, Slade Wilson is literally enhanced by a super soldier-esque serum administered by the government. I've heard him referred to as DC's version of Captain America, and that's not far off -- accounting for the huge difference that Slade is much more lethal in his work.

Anyway, great episode. I should've seen the Merlyn reveal coming, but it was a nice and somewhat welcome surprise for me. I absolutely love Barrowman thanks to his work in Doctor Who (and Shark Attack 3 :unsmigghh:), so I'm glad to see that he'll get more mileage out of Arrow.

Also, echoing the pain of having two wait 2 weeks for more. drat you, Thanksgiving!

Haha, Don't get me wrong, that was just a qualifier for the one in a million chance it doesn't happen. I'm with you, I fully expect him to get the serum.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hcreight posted:

That was a good one, sir. :golfclap:

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

hcreight posted:

I hope they release a tie in comic with a 'Black Driver' variant cover. I'd buy one.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

How is this show so good?

How?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Lawlicaust posted:

If she got conspiracy, she would have gotten the murder charges as well. Proving the conspiracy would mean that she was guilty of all crimes of the conspiracy.

IANAL, but I don't think that's true. The standard of proof for conspiracy is lower, since the guilty act has to be attributable to one member of the conspiracy, and it's not necessary to even conclusively prove which one.

evenworse username posted:

Where's the Count?

He's in the car.

Untouchables. Hell yeah.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 22, 2013

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Barrowman :argh: was feeling pretty wired. He wanted to take her home and eat her pussy.

:golfclap:

(For those that missed the reference.)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well that was ...

One of those days I'm gonna use that line. And then get slapped.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Okay. this surprised me.

Episode Synopsis for the December 11th episode "Three Ghosts"

After a fight with Cyrus Gold AKA the Acolyte (guest star Graham Shiels), Oliver is drugged and left for dead. Determined to cure him, Felicity makes a risky decision. The cure causes Oliver to hallucinate, and what he sees forces him to confront his past. Meanwhile, Barry (guest star Grant Gustin) continues to help Felicity, and their connection grows stronger. The Arrow asks Lance to look into Gold, but when the stakeout on Gold goes bad, someone is killed. Roy (Colton Haynes) is captured and tortured by Brother Blood (guest star Kevin Alejandro). John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kresiberg and teleplay by Geoff Johns & Ben Sokolowski.

For those unaware Cyrus Gold is the name Solomon Grundy went by before he died. He's the guy that survived Blood's treatment this week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I noticed that too, but I didn't think they would be going that way...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VBane posted:

Okay. this surprised me.

For those unaware Cyrus Gold is the name Solomon Grundy went by before he died. He's the guy that survived Blood's treatment this week.

It's awesome that this exists, but couldn't Blood have been all, "Brother Cyrus [last name]" instead of just "Brother Cyrus"?

Like, come the gently caress on, don't make me get interesting plot tie-ins/histories from a god damned TV Guide magazine. Put that poo poo in the god damned show.

Of course, if they use his full name that episode it'll be fine. But still.... :colbert:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

JayMax posted:

I laughed my rear end off when that happened. Reminded me of the monty python and the holy grail and the "Message for you sir!" guy who gets shots in the chest with the arrow with the letter attached to it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
At least they kept part of Ollie's motive alive by not reviving Tommy. In fact, I think it creates some interesting story tension if they explain how BARROWMAN! came back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really hope Ollie hallucinating his past means a special Tommy appearance

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I cannot believe how fast Amell was on those three arrows. I don't know if they sped up the film or CGIed in arrows but that looked like some serious superhero poo poo.

I love how balls to the wall this show is.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
What a way to end the episode with a soap opera twist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ded posted:

What a way to end the episode with a soap opera twist.

Comic book.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

VBane posted:

Okay. this surprised me.

I knew it I knew it I knew it. Man, I didn't wanna get my hopes up just because of what could easily have been a simple coincidence, but I should have known better than that. Man, these writers. :allears:

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

zoux posted:

I cannot believe how fast Amell was on those three arrows. I don't know if they sped up the film or CGIed in arrows but that looked like some serious superhero poo poo.

I love how balls to the wall this show is.

I don't understand how they move the plot at such a breakneck speed and still make it a cohesive story (so far at least).

~edit~ unrelated question, I didn't follow the season 1 thread, is barrowman just referring to Merlyn's costume color, or something else?

Merlinicus fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 22, 2013

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Merlinicus posted:

I don't understand how they move the plot at such a breakneck speed and still make it a cohesive story (so far at least).

~edit~ unrelated question, I didn't follow the season 1 thread, is barrowman just referring to Merlyn's costume color, or something else?

The actor is John Barrowman. The fist shaking is a reference to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOeugFS3K8

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This show is exhausting to watch. The amount of screaming and arm waving involved is far too much for a drat TV show. The action never stops, plots are resolved quickly, and the twists that just leave you spinning. :tviv:

I think we all knew Barrowman would be back at some point, but it was still a stand up and yell a lot moment. And then the reveals. I want to see what Merlyn has in store for his daughter. And what his new game plan is. And where does Slade fit into all of this? I don't think I can take another two weeks without Vertigo Arrow.

RIP Count Vertigo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Merlinicus posted:

No kidding. In most any other show Moira's trial would've been the season-defining multi-episode event with multiple supervillain attacks, kidnappings, at least two instances of Oliver having to appear in court while being needed elsewhere as the Arrow, all the tricks. Here? It's over in one episode.

• Locked thread