Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
too much podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Hulkamatt, scan pages of those comics.

We must crack the code.

Also, the podcast is fun. I'm glad you guys make them :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

:siren:Stone Cold is on AoW:siren:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last night during Nitro someone was joking about the Renegade reading Meltzer's burials, so either the question tonight was a good follow up, or an amazing coincidence.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hunter is "skeptical" about the American Wolves. :negative: :psyduck:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

NienNunb posted:

:siren:Stone Cold is on AoW:siren:

Hahahaha I can't wait to listen to that.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
For a fairly successful businessman Bryan is really really really really dumb about business. Some of the things he was saying about the WWE network were just laughably absurd.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

For a fairly successful businessman Bryan is really really really really dumb about business. Some of the things he was saying about the WWE network were just laughably absurd.
I wonder if wanted to choke him when he started with that thread about leverage...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Valeyard posted:

too much podcast
You rang?

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 9: Jimmy Nuts Is Real

We're baaaaaaaaack. This week we run down Raw, Xpac in a diaper, Giant Baba's chain wrestling, Wrestlemania 4, Ed Leslie's sandwich empire, answer your questions, and struggle with technical difficulties.

Big ups to anybody who sent in a question, Greg Valentine, and blankgambit for wasting 4 hours of his time with us this week.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hepsi6piel73664/009+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 21, 2013

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Perigryn posted:

I wonder if wanted to choke him when he started with that thread about leverage...

I'm kind of impressed that even after all these years, Dave doesn't just say "shut up" and move on, he tries to handle Bryan's idiocy with kid gloves. But if Dave Meltzer is laughing at something, 9 out of 10 times it's because he thinks what you said is very, very stupid. Genuine Dave laughs are few and far between and usually involve a cackle.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Technical issues are mostly relegated to the intro, just a bit of audio distortion for a minute or so. That's about all that should be noticeable. Can't do anything about Oatgan's voice though, that's not fixable with editing.

And yes - finally! - it's a four hour show, and drat if we didn't have enough to go for a full day. There is so much Greg Valentine to go around. There is a glut of Greg Valentine. So much Hammer you could build a bridge. And this incarnation of Favorite/Least Favorite has been my, well, favorite so far.

Also don't forget we're on iTunes.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Punch/Pisscasters: With talk of the eternally-delayed WWE network finally happening (maybe), what reality or other shows would you commission to fill all of that airtime?

P.S.(Blas rhymes with 'as' :shobon: )

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

Punch/Pisscasters: With talk of the eternally-delayed WWE network finally happening (maybe), what reality or other shows would you commission to fill all of that airtime?

P.S.(Blas rhymes with 'as' :shobon: )

I will remember this for next time, Blazemeister.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Technical issues are mostly relegated to the intro, just a bit of audio distortion for a minute or so. That's about all that should be noticeable. Can't do anything about Oatgan's voice though, that's not fixable with editing.

Well there's also the part where your call drops and you left in the whole part where we try to figure out where we left off and then you actually count down because you're a garbage man.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

LordPants posted:

I am not surprised. There's that whole interview where HHH says that a lot of indie guys think they can work, but they really need to break them down and teach them how it works in the "real world". That's Davey Richards to a T

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

LordPants posted:

Mike Johnson earlier this week seemed to quote Triple H directly. Triple H is openly telling people WWE has "too many Tyson Kidds" as in mechanically awesome but wont add one casual fan.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha seems like such a weird point of view to have. "We have too many awesome wrestlers already, we'll pass thanks".

Like, who's to say casual fans won't flock to the Wolves? You never know unless you try. They've done just fine getting fans on the indy circuit. Granted, it doesn't translate to WWE all the time, but it's something.

Seems like a lovely attitude to have, but I guess that's HHH for you.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HHH can eat a big bag of sweaty dicks.

Bloody bloated, boring bland fucker.

"Waaaah I wasn't pushed consistently for an entire year! Wah!"

Dick.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nobody in wrestling with any power that matters knows how to make a star anymore.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

triplexpac posted:

Haha seems like such a weird point of view to have. "We have too many awesome wrestlers already, we'll pass thanks".

Like, who's to say casual fans won't flock to the Wolves? You never know unless you try. They've done just fine getting fans on the indy circuit. Granted, it doesn't translate to WWE all the time, but it's something.

Seems like a lovely attitude to have, but I guess that's HHH for you.

The WWE fanbase is very different to the indie fanbase and responds to entirely different qualities.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Rarity posted:

The WWE fanbase is very different to the indie fanbase and responds to entirely different qualities.

What are the qualities WWE fans respond to? Cause I'm having trouble putting my finger on it. Generally they'll get behind guys WWE doesn't book like jobbers, that's about all I got.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I can see not wanting Davey Richards because he's, well, Davey Richards, but Eddie Edwards is someone they really should have signed a couple years ago.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

There's a huge market in people who want to see larger than life personalities and bodies. It is what made 80s WWF so popular or why Great Khali has a job. Wrestling will always have a circus element.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HHH probably just sits around his office watching the stream from developmental and thinking of Rob Terry as "the one who got away"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

LividLiquid posted:

Nobody in wrestling with any power that matters knows how to make a star anymore.

Seriously. They genuinely don't seem to know how to get a guy over anymore. There are two simple rules to get someone over in WWE:

1. Have them win lots
2. Don't have them lose lots

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

New Japan Pro Wrestling. They've turned a great worker into a business changing star and a hopeless nobody jobber into their #2. They've had one miss in the last three years and even with that one they had the guy win as many matches as they could.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

New Japan Pro Wrestling. They've turned a great worker into a business changing star and a hopeless nobody jobber into their #2. They've had one miss in the last three years and even with that one they had the guy win as many matches as they could.
Sorry. I do this a lot. But you can assume when I say "wrestling," I'm talking about TNA and WWE. Like most, I don't follow things that aren't easy to follow.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I will remember this for next time, Blazemeister.

I'm the blazemeister

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Qualities that WWE crowds like:

-Easy to chant catchphrases
-Good wrestling (sometimes)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MassRafTer posted:

I know this is really obvious but I'm drawing a blank on the miss.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I know this is really obvious but I'm drawing a blank on the miss.

The crowds don't buy Naito as a Dome show main eventer.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

LividLiquid posted:

Sorry. I do this a lot. But you can assume when I say "wrestling," I'm talking about TNA and WWE. Like most, I don't follow things that aren't easy to follow.

Within the last two years, New Japan has made every show of consequence readily available (and a whole bunch of the inconsequential house shows more recently), both through PPV and not being all that aggressive about pulling down YouTubes/other options. Unless you desperately need bad English commentary instead of commentary that's 10 percent the announcers screaming out the big moves in English, it's actually a hell of a lot easier to follow than TNA, and probably easier than WWE given that I don't know how some of y'all can actually watch everything WWE does these days.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
One of the big problems with Vince and HHH is they have a very narrow view of what makes a good worker. They think there is only one true style of wrestling, they're the only ones who know how to do it, and everyone else needs to be retrained once they get there. Remember, Chris Benoit was labelled as not knowing how to work when he started there.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Meat Recital posted:

One of the big problems with Vince and HHH is they have a very narrow view of what makes a good worker. They think there is only one true style of wrestling, they're the only ones who know how to do it, and everyone else needs to be retrained once they get there. Remember, Chris Benoit was labelled as not knowing how to work when he started there.

Besides Benoit, HHH also said Jericho didn't know how to work too.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

MassRafTer posted:

The crowds don't buy Naito as a Dome show main eventer.

I think this is unfair to Naito to a degree, as he was up against a match up between two guys who have been at the top of the promotion for the best part of a decade in a match that hasn't occurred in a fair amount of time.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Naito's push has been pretty off this year, but I wouldn't call him a miss by any stretch of the imagination yet.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Besides Benoit, HHH also said Jericho didn't know how to work too.

In fairness, it was a common perception of him because he had a rough first month in-ring and he injured Chyna.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Also, the famous case of Vince liking Regal but having no idea about his style of wrestling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness, it was a common perception of him because he had a rough first month in-ring and he injured Chyna.

HHH also burried him backstage after the phantom title win that the crowd popped big time for. This wasn't so much a one time issue as something he did multiple times over a period of years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

HHH also burried him backstage after the phantom title win that the crowd popped big time for. This wasn't so much a one time issue as something he did multiple times over a period of years.

For sure, HHH undermined him a bunch. I'm just saying the "He can't work" thing wasn't a HHH issue unto itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I think this is unfair to Naito to a degree, as he was up against a match up between two guys who have been at the top of the promotion for the best part of a decade in a match that hasn't occurred in a fair amount of time.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Naito's push has been pretty off this year, but I wouldn't call him a miss by any stretch of the imagination yet.

It's not so much losing the vote, it's more him getting little reaction in his last two matches and getting booed for the stand off with Okada. That caused NJPW to hold the poll in the first place.

• Locked thread