Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DarkCrawler posted:

Why ruin this with Warren?

Brandon Graham is a huge admirer (did a really cool breakdown of Warren's 'canon' on his blog) and Adam Warren really owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

Why ruin this with Warren?

Really agree. I really, really agree. The parts that clash and look awkward are all in his style.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It might not be a fit, but I like Adam Warren's work in writing and art. I think its good to have him around.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

From the upcoming Deadpool Annual
I think the artist is Evan Shaner. I haven't really heard of him before but from the other stuff I could find of his it didn't look too bad. I just can't figure out whats going on with his hands in this.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Senor Candle posted:

From the upcoming Deadpool Annual
I think the artist is Evan Shaner. I haven't really heard of him before but from the other stuff I could find of his it didn't look too bad. I just can't figure out whats going on with his hands in this.

Which hand? His right looks fine to me, except his thumb being maybe a bit too wide and thin. His left hand is confusing at first glance but that's because the cuff or frill of his glove looks like it's the bottom of his palm. Otherwise he has four fingers and a thumb holding the trigger and handle.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Yeah, looking at that, his hands are fine. The gun is weird as all get out though, between the not-quite-straight barrel and apparently the gun being super short for a sniper rifle, considering where he's holding it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

yeah, the real issue here seems to be the perspective on the gun.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lobok posted:

Which hand? His right looks fine to me, except his thumb being maybe a bit too wide and thin. His left hand is confusing at first glance but that's because the cuff or frill of his glove looks like it's the bottom of his palm. Otherwise he has four fingers and a thumb holding the trigger and handle.

It's really hard for me to articulate what I'm seeing that is weirding me out but it probably is the perspective.
EDIT: His left hand looks like a fist resting on top of his arm. Nothing about the way he's holding the gun looks natural at all.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

It's really hard for me to articulate what I'm seeing that is weirding me out but it probably is the perspective.

It looks like he's trying to hold a very small gun because the gun does not look any bigger at the barrel even though it is closer to the viewer.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It doesn't help that the black parts of his costume blend into the background, giving him a case of tinyarms.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Nah the hands are wrong too; his right one is level with his chest when it should really come out way farther than that, and the butt end of the gun is just sticking out behind him rather than resting on his shoulder? (disclaimer: I know like nothing about how to hold guns). And he drew the gun in an angle that desperately needs (fairly easy, too) foreshortening without actually doing any foreshortening.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Elfface posted:

It doesn't help that the black parts of his costume blend into the background, giving him a case of tinyarms.

Yeah the inking was pretty sloppy, not only does it give him tinyarms but it makes it look like he's holding the gun off to the side of his body instead of in close. The inking on the part of the gun just above his right hand also makes it look like he's only holding it with his fingertips instead of cradling it securely in his hand. His left shoulder doesn't seem to match up with the left arm either, and the perspectives on the buildings in the background are just all over the place which doesn't help matters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Wonder Woman/Superman 3 variant cover.

Guillem March can't draw legs for poo poo :jebstare:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God, it looks like the cover of a trashy romance novel.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

TwoPair posted:

To be fair, if I were writing WW/Supes right now that's how I'd describe every cover to the artist. Just go all in on what the comic's purpose is; to legitimize the romance between Clark and Diana.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Speaking as a librarian, that's actually considerably worse than most trashy romance covers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Just get Adam Hughes to do covers, he'll make it all work.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Speaking as a librarian, that's actually considerably worse than most trashy romance covers.

True, it doesn't even have Fabio in it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Romance novel covers at least have the sense to highlight the two people and their relationship, not just treat them as random elements. What story am I being told by this cover? Doting Superman and...recently screwed Wonder Woman? What?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Romance novel covers at least have the sense to highlight the two people and their relationship, not just treat them as random elements. What story am I being told by this cover? Doting Superman and...recently screwed Wonder Woman? What?

"Are you cold, Diana? Here, have my shirt."

"Your shirt turned into a cape, Kal. Also, I've recently had my left leg amputated at the knee."

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not to mention they tend to get the anatomy right and have more interesting backdrops.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Romance novels try to make the settings appealing, warm, erotic. There's nothing comforting or arousing about the cold void of space, and both of their expressions are inscrutable.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
The tiny little long-rear end fingernails do not befit a warrior :black101:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

That Wonder Woman face looks like a mask.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jonny Nox posted:

That Wonder Woman face looks like a mask.

It looks like a mask painted onto a giant thumbnail, and if you removed Superman's inexplicable plate-armored kneepads he'd have the joints of an arthritic octogenarian.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Too be fair, a fair amount of the poo poo credit on this can very obviously go to the colourist and inker. Neither did good work here at all.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

Romance novels try to make the settings appealing, warm, erotic. There's nothing comforting or arousing about the cold void of space, and both of their expressions are inscrutable.

The first existential romance comic ever written. I imagine Diana and Clark speaking in Swedish accents.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Frankly, I'm just concerned with Wonder Woman's underwear. Those are riding up, like, way too high.

Veib posted:

True, it doesn't even have Fabio in it.

If there was ever a time for 90s Superman's mullet...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Frankly, I'm just concerned with Wonder Woman's underwear. Those are riding up, like, way too high.
Now that you mention it there does seem to be some pretty harsh razor burn at work there.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wonder Woman/Superman 3 variant cover.

Guillem March can't draw legs for poo poo :jebstare:

All I can see here is Superman's "Yep, I just nailed that" smug-face. It's just so damned smarmy.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Forget the gun or the arms. I can't figure out what that sentence means.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IUG posted:

drat, glad I'm not the only one. That sentence makes me feel like English is my third language.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Deadpool is just doing his best impression of a Grant Morrison-era Doom Patrol character!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IUG posted:

wherever/whatever he is talking about is not as commercialized as Times Square is today, at least not yet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's a miniature sniper rifle isnt it? It's adorable. :3:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

That's a miniature sniper rifle isnt it? It's adorable. :3:

It's like the AK-47 at the beginning of Four Lions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtvJMwCYSjE

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

It's Dollman's sniper rifle. I assume it blows people up just like his regular handgun.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I was reading Morrison's New X-Men last night and came across this gem:

Is that supposed to be a sexy pose?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If I recall that image was the cause of a lot of hoopla and "Potato Emma" and stuff years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
That is what happens when Igor Kordey is given a week to draw a comic. He is fast but not that fast.

Here is his Soldier X 9

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 22, 2013