Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

PittTheElder posted:

You left out CharDee MacDennis: Game of Games.

That was two seasons ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Indeed it is, you're right.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I want to go to a hamburger store :smith:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

suboptimal posted:

A million times this. There have been so many episodes that I've initially thought were kind of meh that became brilliant to me upon another viewing, "The Gang Gets Trapped" being one of them. I'm in agreement that the low-water mark was "Frank's Brother."

I really liked "Frank's Brother." The idea of Frank being a cocaine tester in Columbia was amazing, it's like a mix between dream job and hell.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

That episode really drags along I find. The ending where Sha'Dynasty winds up with Reggie is pretty amusing though.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I read an interview where the gang said they would rather have someone hate an episode than think it was "ok". Because if someone hates an episode they at least invoked an emotion.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I still love Frank's Brother if only because casting Jon Polito as Danny Devito's brother is one of the most inspired casting choices ever. Also, bonus Lance Reddick.

There really hasn't been an episode or season I haven't liked, although season 7 did push the dark humor so far that it went past funny straight into disturbing more than a few times (that scene where Roxy dies and they just drag her out into the hallway and leave her there is just grim as hell). But it also had Fat Mac, so it's a wash.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

How Mac Got Fat is a triumph of an episode. Particularly the scene at the end where they're all just hanging out in the back office and Mac is imagining Dee talking about him.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Do not diddle kids
It's no good diddling kids

I wouldn't do it with anybody younger than my daughter
And no little kids

Got to be big
Younger than my wife
But older than my daughter

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Do not diddle kids
It's no good diddling kids

I wouldn't do it with anybody younger than my daughter
And no little kids

Got to be big
Younger than my wife
But older than my daughter

You're a grand old flag, you're a... I don't know this one. I DO NOT KNOW THIS ONE.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Your mom doesn't know dick! She's a dumb, fat cow and your sister...she's a stupid little poo poo-mouthed bitch, isn't she?
You just said a lot of bad words. :stare:

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF PATRIOTISM!

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

That reminds me, probably my favorite Frank line of all time: "Welcome to our legitimate show of kids!"

Man, that episode was just chock full of amazing Frank moments. Definitely one of my favorites.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I've been catching up on this season, and it loving rules. Up parody, Country Mac...fantastic. But so far, my favorite thingies thy found a way to get the two Pacific Rim scientists reunited again. That was great.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
One thing I love about Sunny is that, like Old Simpsons, is that rewatches are good. Sometimes episodes are funnier, other times you notice new things, other times you relive great memories, but no matter what it makes you pretty happy. That is a magical elixir and not easy to grasp.

TV is like drinking. A night out drinking is going to be a good time. Sometimes, that is all you need. "What did you do last friday?" "I dunno, went out to the bar and had a few drinks with some buddies" It was a great time but, you know, nothing worth talking about. You know, like most TV. When it goes right, all kinds of poo poo goes down and for years, even in clear eyed sobriety, you can talk about that night and not only have fun reliving it but your stories live on in legend. Like Sunny and very few other shows.

There is of course, another category, where drunknessess is confused with awesomeness. We've all sat through those stories, "Man, last friday was so awesome! We polished off a case before we hit the bar, and then I musta had five shots because loving Jimmy was there and you know how he is, right? *laugh* Then there was this totally hot chick so I bought her a drink but she was a bitch, so me and Jimmy did loving ten tequila shots. TEQUILA. Tequila is serious man, not like whiskey. Ten Tequila shots is like loving fifty rum shots. That poo poo fucks you up. And I was SOOOOOOooooo wasted man." That is what <insert genre of TV you dislike here> is! Am I right?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Intervention! Intervention!!

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

Shbobdb posted:

There is of course, another category, where drunknessess is confused with awesomeness.

I believe this statement can also be applied to The Gang.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

There really hasn't been an episode or season I haven't liked, although season 7 did push the dark humor so far that it went past funny straight into disturbing more than a few times (that scene where Roxy dies and they just drag her out into the hallway and leave her there is just grim as hell).

Yeah, that was among the most :stare: moments in Sunny. She didn't even live long enough to really enjoy that dickskin jacket she bought from that gay boy :smith:

HelmetCheese posted:

That reminds me, probably my favorite Frank line of all time: "Welcome to our legitimate show of kids!"

Man, that episode was just chock full of amazing Frank moments. Definitely one of my favorites.

Seriously one of my favorites. It's the first episode where my roommate said "seriously what the gently caress is with this show?"

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
This season was ok. I thought last season was really good though.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

HelmetCheese posted:

"Mortician, you ever bang the dead bodies?"

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Wine in a can.

Rum ham can't be far behind.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

PittTheElder posted:

You left out CharDee MacDennis: Game of Games.
Gentlemen...

Suck my dick.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Super Dan posted:

Wine in a can.

Rum ham can't be far behind.

Some bar in Portland has taken Mac's crucifix idea to heart:

Charlie: How big of a crucifix do you want?
Mac: BIG. It should DOMINATE every conversation.
Charlie: That’s gonna be TERRIFYING!
Mac: It SHOULD be terrifying, that’s how you know God loves you, Charlie!

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

DrBouvenstein posted:

That's the Roxy a 24-hour diner. But yes it is huge and it does dominate.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

At least its better than wine in a box. I wonder what kind of expiration dates aluminum cans have.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Most sodas in cans are 9 months. Not sure if wine would be better or worse!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

He's supposed to be covered in blood; drenched in blood. That's the whole point, you need to see the wounds of Christ.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
How about their limes?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ultramiraculous posted:

Yeah, that was among the most :stare: moments in Sunny. She didn't even live long enough to really enjoy that dickskin jacket she bought from that gay boy :smith:

See, actually this is the funniest scene for me. Dragging her dead body through the filth ridden hallway, with Pretty Woman playing in the background....it was so absurdly dark, I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

See, actually this is the funniest scene for me. Dragging her dead body through the filth ridden hallway, with Pretty Woman playing in the background....it was so absurdly dark, I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

It was "Pretty Woman" that put that scene straight over the loving edge. Holy hell was I laughing at that.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

smr posted:

It was "Pretty Woman" that put that scene straight over the loving edge. Holy hell was I laughing at that.

Yeah, it was the juxtaposition that made the scene. I think I started clapping when Roy Orbison started playing.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I watched all those episodes last night as I restated season 7 and they all are still loving great. The hobo gay sex reveal under the boardwalk is just as funny as the first time too

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

There is nothing magical about buttsex under the board walk. Yes there is

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Sammus posted:

There is nothing magical about buttsex under the board walk. Yes there is

Oh really you love it, you love it so much? Get in the god drat car you fat fat rear end, FAT FAT rear end!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Season 8's on Netflix (again).

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
drat I just looked again last night and it wasn't there so I was going to give up for another couple of weeks. Thanks!

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Irish Joe posted:

At least its better than wine in a box. I wonder what kind of expiration dates aluminum cans have.

I like how these new wines in a box are actually wine in a plastic bag, in a box. They're convenient as poo poo I'll give them that. If you want to be extra gross you can take the bag out and suckle the tap like a teet.

EDIT: There's always something worse, isn't there?

Pyzza Rouge fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 28, 2013

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

El Murguista posted:

I like how these new wines in a box are actually wine in a plastic bag, in a box. They're convenient as poo poo I'll give them that. If you want to be extra gross you can take the bag out and suckle the tap like a teet.

And as I learned in Australia, you can then blow the bag up once empty and use as a pillow. Slap the goon, Goons.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Thaddius the Large posted:

And as I learned in Australia, you can then blow the bag up once empty and use as a pillow. Slap the goon, Goons.

Man that's the full, end-to-end alcoholism they've got going on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

El Murguista posted:

I've always wanted to see bagpipes, but with a big sack of wine in it instead of whatever the wind bag part is called. That even comes equipped with an easily camouflaged straw.