Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
GJ Grouping up in the jungle vs an AOE ulti team, Velocity/Denial.

Is this really Chauster in the masteries? https://twitter.com/bigfatlp/status/403578546875936768/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
8 Relic shields. Good balancing, riot.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I check back in and there are three deathcaps on Ziggs, what the hell is going on?

e: ZHONYA'S ON VAYNE, WHAT DID I MISS

e2: Ziggs has a fourth.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

theshim posted:

I check back in and there are three deathcaps on Ziggs, what the hell is going on?

e: ZHONYA'S ON VAYNE, WHAT DID I MISS

TBD are super ahead, have been for awhile and they're pretty trolly.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Vayne using Zhonya's so effectively, new meta spotted.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I half hoped for support ziggs there. Or support Quinn.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Seven shields this game.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

theshim posted:

Seven shields this game.

And Shiphtur has a machete, what?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
This kinda feels like watching DOTA. It's really enjoyable because it's nowhere near as predictable as your average game of League. Obviously things will settle down as people get used to the changes and the targon's heal is going to get nerfed but I hope that a lot of the unpredictability stays.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

K8.0 posted:

This kinda feels like watching DOTA. It's really enjoyable because it's nowhere near as predictable as your average game of League. Obviously things will settle down as people get used to the changes and the targon's heal is going to get nerfed but I hope that a lot of the unpredictability stays.

I think it's less the heal and more the fact that you build charges even as you CS, making it more or less an extremely cheap free gold item. If they make it so charges only come back if you don't CS for 30 seconds we'll probably stop seeing it so much.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

Hypocrisy posted:

I think it's less the heal and more the fact that you build charges even as you CS, making it more or less an extremely cheap free gold item. If they make it so charges only come back if you don't CS for 30 seconds we'll probably stop seeing it so much.

This is the change that will happen. The most sensible suggestion for people with a hard dick for the euro lane would be that the passive can't affect others with the item. None of the people who love the euro lane are smart enough to think of that. So they all beg for this lazy change and that will be what happens, because riot loves to listen to their unimaginative grognards.

Mr. Belding fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 22, 2013

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ugh, the Curse/Coast game went soooo long. Coast just was on their back foot the whole game (machete on ziggs?), and couldn't get any momentum going, but Curse is kinda terrible so couldn't close the game out, ever.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah, it's basically just a stat stick that gives you free gold. It's a HoG.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Taciturn Tactician posted:

8 Relic shields. Good balancing, riot.

Man i'm so pissed at Riot's balance team to be honest.

This isn't about trinkets and gp5 items, they're new and it does take time for that poo poo to sink in.

What REALLY pisses me off is that they nerfed traditional supports into the ground when non-standard supports (annie, fiddle) were already on the rise. So now you're giving some "utility" scaling to some supports while they have no "threat" scaling at all, or for the most part; meanwhile they have to go up against annie and fiddle that become full-fledged threats in the lane game, equal in power to a laner.
So what's the point? You're nerfing traditional supports to make sure they STAY in the support role and can't go anywhere else, enforcing the meta effectively, for what? What could happen if you don't nerf their AP scaling into the ground and maybe keep one or two CC buffs? Would janna being picked as an AP mid be that tragic? Wouldn't it be far easier to deal with an AP janna by tweaking her tornado scaling than now deal with the whole wave on incoming non-traditional supports? And what will Riot do as a result of the current situation? Nerf Annie and Fiddle into the ground, when they weren't designed to be supports to begin with?

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
I, for one, welcome the new duo bruiser bot meta.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
ahaha you think they're going to blame this on the non-traditional supports and nerf the things they want to be mid.

What was Zyra's pick/ban in Worlds as a support again? Higher then Sona's?

EDIT: I looked it up. Zyra was the 5th most Picked/banned champion, under Zed (100% Pick Ban), Shen, Corki, and Ahri. Zyra was at 76.2 of all games she was picked or banned. Sona was at 69.8. The only one of the champions she was picked less then who had a higher win rate then her is Shen.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 22, 2013

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Stallion Cabana posted:

ahaha you think they're going to blame this on the non-traditional supports and nerf the things they want to be mid.

What was Zyra's pick/ban in Worlds as a support again? Higher then Sona's?

EDIT: I looked it up. Zyra was the 5th most Picked/banned champion, under Zed (100% Pick Ban), Shen, Corki, and Ahri. Zyra was at 76.2 of all games she was picked or banned. Sona was at 69.8. The only one of the champions she was picked less then who had a higher win rate then her is Shen.

Not sure what that first sentence means bud, mind translating it for me? Doesn't seem you understood what i was saying as well since the zyra/sonna example kinda proves what i was saying as well.

My whole point was that traditional supports got nerfed so hard you'll never see them played when you have fiddle and annie and potentially more (ashe support will be viable as hell now lol) champs open, and with riot's nerf-first ask questions later philosphy i wouldn't be surprised to see them nerfing annie and fiddle, but they'd be completely thrown in the trashcan if this happens since they weren't designed to be supports in the first place.

Basically i want them to un-nerf the traditional supports, and if they prove to be strong in other lanes (like ap janna was) they can either remove the CC scaling with AP or tweak her stats.

Or even better, maybe they can buff other champs to match up with the new-found strong ones for once, it would certainly be a breath of fresh air. This is why Riot's balance mentality is so poor, imo - if you nerf every champion in the game because they're the "meta" at one point then it's only a matter of time before some champions become overpowered simply by the fact that their kit is stronger, and then they need to nerf it into the ground too or re-design it (again).

Edit: Off-topic i guess, but MonteCristo's Rift Review episode 2 is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_HsKYFiIOA

uaciaut fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 22, 2013

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I'm agreeing with you in the first sentence.

Zyra was designed to be a Mid, even though she is much better as a support, and is in fact incredibly dominating as a support. When this was brought up about how incredibly strong she is as a support, the response was, I believe 'She's a mid. We're not nerfing her because that would remove her ability to play in mid, and she is a mid despite the fact she is picked almost exclusively as a support'. This is the same thing with Annie.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm agreeing with you in the first sentence.

Zyra was designed to be a Mid, even though she is much better as a support, and is in fact incredibly dominating as a support. When this was brought up about how incredibly strong she is as a support, the response was, I believe 'She's a mid. We're not nerfing her because that would remove her ability to play in mid, and she is a mid despite the fact she is picked almost exclusively as a support'. This is the same thing with Annie.

That may have been the party line previously, but it's worth noting that Zyra is included in the "Carry your Carry" bundle which is supposed to be all supports.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah she's a cc-machine with free wards, she's a support.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

HiggsBoson81 posted:

That may have been the party line previously, but it's worth noting that Zyra is included in the "Carry your Carry" bundle which is supposed to be all supports.

The nerfing to the traditional supports is okay in my book. Ever play ARAM against sona or soraka? They pull their weight more than pretty much every other champ and are very easy to play. This carries over to summoners rift now more than ever.

Setset fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 22, 2013

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Ninkobei posted:

The nerfing to the traditional supports is okay in my book. Ever play ARAM against sona or soraka? They pull their weight more than pretty much every other champ and are very easy to play. This carries over to summoners rift now more than ever.

But now if I choose to play Sona, Thresh, or Blitz over Fiddle or Annie I bring less to the game because I can't poo poo out massive damage in team fights.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So Faker and the boys are already locked in for Champions playoffs. Group B, meanwhile, has had half their matches already and all of them have been ties.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
OGN really needs to move to 3.14, because the patch makes the game so different that OGN being on 3.13 makes all the games almost seem pointless.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Ninkobei posted:

Wasn't this before they nerfed said traditional supports in the name of "they get gold now"?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

OGN really needs to move to 3.14, because the patch makes the game so different that OGN being on 3.13 makes all the games almost seem pointless.

Similarly it was weird watching Rift Review yesterday and seeing Monte talk about 3.13 stuff when the new patch was breaking.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Similarly it was weird watching Rift Review yesterday and seeing Monte talk about 3.13 stuff when the new patch was breaking.

Yeah, 3.13 talk is kind of pointless now, even if OGN stays on it for awhile.

BrainToad
Dec 31, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah, 3.13 talk is kind of pointless now, even if OGN stays on it for awhile.

Well IEM is playing on 3.13 too and that's a fairly large tournament.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Considering 3.14 isn't balanced to anything approaching reasonable right now, it's a strong bet that the competitive scene (outside of NACL, which doesn't have tournament realm) will probably play on 3.13 for awhile.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Libertine posted:

Considering 3.14 isn't balanced to anything approaching reasonable right now, it's a strong bet that the competitive scene (outside of NACL, which doesn't have tournament realm) will probably play on 3.13 for awhile.

Relegation sand Battle of the Atlantic are on 3.14 I believe, but that's a few weeks away (BUT IS IT ENOUGH WEEKS? I SAY NO.)

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Watching the OGN games from today - I find it rather funny that twice in this season the KR players have banned Anivia instead of Annie because they type the name in.

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Anyone know what happened to the OGN VODs on Twitch? Nothing shows up under Past Broadcasts on the ongamenet profile.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

silly posted:

Anyone know what happened to the OGN VODs on Twitch? Nothing shows up under Past Broadcasts on the ongamenet profile.

I don't know, I was watching a video and it suddenly ended and now they're gone

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 23, 2013

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

I don't know, I was watching a video and it suddenly ended and now they're gone

Yeah I have the subscription and I was watching Game 2 of SSG Blue vs. Najin Black Sword and it seemed pretty obvious who was going to win from the gold advantage but the game just completely cut out before (what looked like) the final push, so I don't know. There were no other videos.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Twitch VODs on OGN are fixed.

Seems they didnt add the rest of the final Blue vs Sword game though.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 23, 2013

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
News of the Day:

TARGOOOOOOONS

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
NESL on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/nesl_lol

vVv are running a 5 melee comp vs Quantic - Malphite, Vi, Khazix, Riven, Mundo

Frgrbrgr posted:

TARGOOOOOOONS

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Holy poo poo, if Quantic doesn't make the LCS then Gunza should be a hot commodity.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Holy poo poo, if Quantic doesn't make the LCS then Gunza should be a hot commodity.

If Quantic doesn't make LCS, strange things could happen. Do they stay in America? Do they go back to Korea??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Frgrbrgr posted:

If Quantic doesn't make LCS, strange things could happen. Do they stay in America? Do they go back to Korea??

LCS Qualifiers: How well can a team adapt to a new patch in a month after practicing for 11 months in a totally different environment?

• Locked thread