Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone having problems with downloading the Art of Wrestling podcast from tsmradio? It used to be that when you downloaded them, you'd get the entire thing, now it just seems to be the introduction. Also, the player at Stitcher sucks a dick. I can't install iTunes on my work PC, otherwise I would just do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

rovert posted:

There's a huge market in people who want to see larger than life personalities and bodies. It is what made 80s WWF so popular or why Great Khali has a job. Wrestling will always have a circus element.

The problem with the circus analogy is that a circus is made up of all different body types, not just the strongmen and twinks.

What Vince and HHH want is a turkish bath house.

Also remember the time HHH said that nobody would believe that Kurt Angle could be WWE champion because he was too small? Good times.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

The problem with the circus analogy is that a circus is made up of all different body types, not just the strongmen and twinks.

What Vince and HHH want is a turkish bath house.

Also remember the time HHH said that nobody would believe that Kurt Angle could be WWE champion because he was too small? Good times.

That's fair.

Will never argue WWE is rational or coherent.

But the causal fan "look at him" factor shouldn't discounted.

Memento posted:

Anyone having problems with downloading the Art of Wrestling podcast from tsmradio? It used to be that when you downloaded them, you'd get the entire thing, now it just seems to be the introduction. Also, the player at Stitcher sucks a dick. I can't install iTunes on my work PC, otherwise I would just do that.

I just get the last fifteen minutes or so initially. I have to then wait two days or so to download the full complete show on Downcast. Only podcast I have that issue with.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jeffersonlives posted:

Within the last two years, New Japan has made every show of consequence readily available (and a whole bunch of the inconsequential house shows more recently), both through PPV and not being all that aggressive about pulling down YouTubes/other options. Unless you desperately need bad English commentary instead of commentary that's 10 percent the announcers screaming out the big moves in English, it's actually a hell of a lot easier to follow than TNA, and probably easier than WWE given that I don't know how some of y'all can actually watch everything WWE does these days.
It doesn't really get easier than laying on the couch and turning the channel to Spike or USA, but point taken.

I really don't have the motivation to follow anything that isn't on tv. And I don't have DVR, so sadly this also means ROH, which airs at like 2am here.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LividLiquid posted:

It doesn't really get easier than laying on the couch and turning the channel to Spike or USA, but point taken.

I really don't have the motivation to follow anything that isn't on tv. And I don't have DVR, so sadly this also means ROH, which airs at like 2am here.

All ROH episodes are free on the website.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm listening to the Stone Cold Podcast with Wade Keller, and the idea of Vince McMahon calling up Wade Keller to ask what the hell was going on between Stone Cold and the Big Bossman, and ending up shooting the poo poo for 45 minutes, is just enthralling. Vince is such a weird, fascinating man.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

All ROH episodes are free on the website.
In the post you quoted, I said I wouldn't follow anything that isn't on tv.

I know this must be frustrating to watch, as I often say stupid poo poo like, "there's literally no good wrestling right now," which I don't really mean. And when I do complain even without using ridiculous hyperbole, a lot of people are like, "But I'm watching really kickass wrestling and you can too! Why whine when you can love wrestling again?"

I get it. I do. You guys are in the right. I just have this arbritrary, dipshit idea of what I'm willing to do to watch wrestlemans, and sitting at my computer isn't on that list. My couch is where wrestling happens. (Don't take that out of context.) Hell, if I had my druthers, all wrestling would be live and on television. If that were the case, I'd probably give up the dumbass notion that TNA and WWE are the only game in town.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If you have an HDTV buy a Chromecast.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

I just get the last fifteen minutes or so initially. I have to then wait two days or so to download the full complete show on Downcast. Only podcast I have that issue with.

Yeah it finally worked, the third time I tried to download it from tsm radio it got the whole file. Something fucky going on with it well beyond my ken.

Good podcast, I didn't actually know that Colt had been on Austin's show. I've got that tee'd up for my commute home now. I really hope they make good on their threat to dissect matches together, The Steve and Colt Watch Wrestling Show would get all the buys from me.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

LividLiquid posted:

In the post you quoted, I said I wouldn't follow anything that isn't on tv.

I know this must be frustrating to watch, as I often say stupid poo poo like, "there's literally no good wrestling right now," which I don't really mean. And when I do complain even without using ridiculous hyperbole, a lot of people are like, "But I'm watching really kickass wrestling and you can too! Why whine when you can love wrestling again?"

I get it. I do. You guys are in the right. I just have this arbritrary, dipshit idea of what I'm willing to do to watch wrestlemans, and sitting at my computer isn't on that list. My couch is where wrestling happens. (Don't take that out of context.) Hell, if I had my druthers, all wrestling would be live and on television. If that were the case, I'd probably give up the dumbass notion that TNA and WWE are the only game in town.

Depending on where you live you can find some decent indy stuff/Lucha.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

VogeGandire posted:

Gah, you're right. drat it.

Because, yeah, Attitude Era Review isn't nearly as good.

I've not heard of the WCW one at all. Are you sure you're not just mixing them up with OSWReview, since their next episode is an episode of Thunder then Starrcade 2000?

Late on this response, but...no, actually! I went back into the OSW Twitter and found where Jay linked it;

http://placetobenation.com/category/podcasts/where-the-big-boys-play/

I haven't listened to any of them, but they're only into 1990.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hmm, Bryan's got WWE 2k14 devs for a call in show, any good questions come to mind?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ask if there's still an edict against showing HHH getting beaten in the advertising for the game.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

Hmm, Bryan's got WWE 2k14 devs for a call in show, any good questions come to mind?
"Why do you keep randomly removing stuff that was in previous years' games?"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Does the game work this time?

Seriously I hope this open lines is taken over by people moaning about bugs and glitches.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Aubergine Mage posted:

Depending on where you live you can find some decent indy stuff/Lucha.

I can't bring my couch to an indy show!!

anyway iirc LividLiquid lives in the Pacific Northwest and being from there myself unless you want to see fat guys wrestle in an Elks Lodge the indy game is slim pickings

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Arbite posted:

Ask them why their game is bad and why the previous games in the series were bad.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Perigryn posted:

"Why do you keep randomly removing stuff that was in previous years' games?"

So they can sell it as DLC.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PWInsider posted:

Steve Austin announced on his podcast that he will have Daniel Bryan on his show within the next couple of weeks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

:getin:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yes, please.

Cardboard Box posted:

anyway iirc LividLiquid lives in the Pacific Northwest and being from there myself unless you want to see fat guys wrestle in an Elks Lodge the indy game is slim pickings
Yeah. We had Tulalip Championship Wrestling, whose biggest stars were Bryan Alvarez, Vinny, and this dude named The Ideal Reflection Chris Ryseck. It was okay, but mostly meat-and-potatoes WCW powerplant graduate-style matches. Lock up, hip toss, clothesline, neckbreacker, etc. At leas the two shows I went to before it shut down again were like that.

Edit: Where's my Bryan and Vinny show? :mad:

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 22, 2013

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LividLiquid posted:

Yes, please.

Yeah. We had Tulalip Championship Wrestling, whose biggest stars were Bryan Alvarez, Vinny, and this dude named The Ideal Reflection Chris Ryseck. It was okay, but mostly meat-and-potatoes WCW powerplant graduate-style matches. Lock up, hip toss, clothesline, neckbreacker, etc. At leas the two shows I went to before it shut down again were like that.

Edit: Where's my Bryan and Vinny show? :mad:

Grammy said there wouldn't be one on Facebook because Bryan was in the air.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo yes. I just finished the Wade Keller episode where he said he was hoping to have more current/WWE-Employed guys on (followed immediately by Dusty!) and I was hoping Daniel Bryan would be one of them.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Bryan calling 2k Games "2k14" over and over again got really grating really fast

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Reaverbot posted:

Bryan calling 2k Games "2k14" over and over again got really grating really fast

This. It was bugging the poo poo out of me. That developer guy is cool as hell though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

sportsgenius86 posted:

This. It was bugging the poo poo out of me. That developer guy is cool as hell though.

Last year the developers were pretty cool but I think it was the 2011 guys had one of the best interviews I think Bryan's ever done. I might have my years off, but usually the video game guys are pretty entertaining to listen to, even when compared with some of the wrestlers they have on the show.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Question for the Ten Count. Actual, legit question.

Who does the best (insert widely-repeated standby transition move here)? Like, we all know who does/did the best Spinebuster, so don't discuss that. But there are lots of other moves that lots of guys do with their own take on it - things like dropkicks, stalling suplexes, clotheslines, etc. Who does them the crispest, makes them look like death without actually paralysing anyone, you guys are far better equipped to know the parameters of what makes a good (move) than I am.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

Memento posted:

Question for the Ten Count. Actual, legit question.

Who does the best (insert widely-repeated standby transition move here)?

On a simlar note, what move that was originally a transitional/'regular' move has made the jump to 'finisher' most/best?

Like clotheslines, lariats, elbow strikes etc.

Domalom fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 24, 2013

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
For the Ten Count and Pisscast.

What are the some of worst wrestler names you've ever heard?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Questions for podercasters:

Do you think the WWE will do another surprise hour-long TV match?

I remember that Shawn Michaels vs John Cena match and was glued to the TV the entire time.

Would you want WWE to do this again? And if so, with who?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Miz vs. Khali.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Rodney the Piper posted:

Miz vs. Khali.

Followup question. Which is more impossible: Miz correctly applying the Figure Four or Khali's being put in a Figure Four?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Well, in this scenario, it's a 60 minute Iron Man, submission only match. I envision a classic on par with Bret-HBK, with Khali just locking Vise Grip as time expires. The crowd chants overtime as Vicki Guerrero demands the continuation of the match. Miz immediately drops Khali and attempts to lock in the figure four, but due to his own ineptitude and Khali's immobility, he cannot quite lock it in. The camera switches to a crowd shot, and you can watch the cheering crowd slowly age and die. Raw ends with a crowd filled with skeletons. Meltzer gives it ***** and commits hari kiri, leaving his empire to Bryan Alvarez. The home page of F4W/WO is replaced with a shoddy photoshop of Dave's leather jacket cloaking an animated gif of Ryback's mouth.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

Well, in this scenario, it's a 60 minute Iron Man, submission only match. I envision a classic on par with Bret-HBK, with Khali just locking Vise Grip as time expires. The crowd chants overtime as Vicki Guerrero demands the continuation of the match. Miz immediately drops Khali and attempts to lock in the figure four, but due to his own ineptitude and Khali's immobility, he cannot quite lock it in. The camera switches to a crowd shot, and you can watch the cheering crowd slowly age and die. Raw ends with a crowd filled with skeletons. Meltzer gives it ***** and commits hari kiri, leaving his empire to Bryan Alvarez. The home page of F4W/WO is replaced with a shoddy photoshop of Dave's leather jacket cloaking an animated gif of Ryback's mouth.

:iamafag:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pisscast/10 Count: If Alberto Del Rio has a match and the crowd doesn't make a sound, does the match still happen?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

thank you for your support, mr shaman. i am glad to be part of the punchsport pagoda

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

PSP/Pisscast please review Christmas Bounty starring WWE Superstar The Miz.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb posted:

PSP/Pisscast please review Christmas Bounty starring WWE Superstar The Miz.

it's being discussed

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

oatgan posted:

it's being discussed

Screw you me and CC called dibs on this 3 weeks ago!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 10: Survivor Series Rundown - RIP Bryans and Dogs

RIP Asparagus. He was a good dog who has held many wrestling titles. He is survived by his owner Brian Griffin who also died tonight as part of an extended burial spanning several months. Slotted into the piss break match against fat hillbillies, Bryan is clearly in the dog house. His metaphorical burial is like symmetry to those dogs who actually were buried in the ground because they died. It's like a poem. What does the future hold for Daniel Brian? Bryan Gryphon died because of a car. RIP Daniel "Brian "Bryan Danielson" Griffin" Bryan. Rest in peace, my friend.

This week we were joined in the grieving process by our friend Cardboard. Join us later this week for our thoughts on Raw, 2CW's 99 Problems, your questions, and whatever bullshit we normally do that you love.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydgw89yn31oxwnv/Pisscast+10+2013+1124.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 25, 2013

• Locked thread