Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Donkay NOoo posted:

they're p much the ebaumsworld of the clothing industry

i hate trying to buy clothes because it doesn't seem like there's a single company that's not full of horrible people at the top or aren't exploitative jerks about manufacturing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
I'm forced to shop at teen girl stores like F21 because I'm 5'2 and most womens clothing is too large on me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Oo coat chat! I love that white one.

My current favourite is a suede trench with a rabbit fur collar that I found at value village. It's heavy as gently caress and super warm. I also have a nice military style double breasted one with a swing skirt in black wool/cashmere, but I've got a bit too fat for it this fall, so I won't be able to wear it til I've been lifting for a bit and lost the excess wobbly poo poo. I got depressed about being unemployed and in immigration limbo and stopped moving for a few months. When I'm not unemployed I'm a broadcast and theatre technician and I love that work so when my residency comes through I will be once again living the dream until I die from a stroke on a catwalk or something.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

i like my coat because it reminds me I was dressed like a stupid idiot whore in winter according to early in the thread

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
ooooh tell me about your dumb slutty coat i think i missed that

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

i hate trying to buy clothes because it doesn't seem like there's a single company that's not full of horrible people at the top or aren't exploitative jerks about manufacturing

http://www.goodguide.com/categories/277459-apparel#%23products

here.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Donkay NOoo posted:

i like my coat because it reminds me I was dressed like a stupid idiot whore in winter according to early in the thread

i too need to know more about your whorecoat

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

it began with this post http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post421871564

my coat is longer but same length with their shorts plus i'm wearing heels. in january

edit from this pic sorry i'm not trying to plug it again http://i.imgur.com/xTUJYD0.jpg

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

thanks now i can be ethical and not dressed like a 40 year old office worker at the same time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

YOU ARE SO WELCOME

pissing on dark stuff is fine. pissing on anything is fine, really, unless you piss on it a lot or if you have lots of blood in your wee. wee helps to set dyes, too! so, when you piss yourself, don't feel too bad. you haven't hurt your clothes, unless they're white silk. in which case, youre probably rich enough to buy another pair so who gives a poo poo

OH DONT WEAR INDIGO JEANS AND PISS YOUR PANTS because that will stain. soak your indigo jeans in salt water

this in important information about wee

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

nike's pretty high up there and i like them

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This makes me really loving mad because if I'm making GBS threads out tons of money for Armani Baby or something can't they loving at least not be terrible and funding child warfare or whatever poo poo?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Shithouse Dave posted:

I'm a broadcast and theatre technician and I love that work so when my residency comes through I will be once again living the dream until I die from a stroke on a catwalk or something.
ok like your coats sound rad BUT. TECHCHAT.

where are you getting residency? what kind of tech's your specialty, lighting? before i gave up on all of my dreams i did a shitload of black box and fringe theatre poo poo (mostly stage managing, writing and telling people how to act without being bad) and the feeling of ultimate power that came with being on cans and in control of the lights was just. loving. great. when i was directing my best mate was the light tech, second best was the sound tech

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The worse a company, the more ridiculous their prices will be.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I shop at F21 because it would be financially irresponsible for me to shop elsewhere for basics (besides H&M) but that stuff about them being shady as hell

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Donkay NOoo posted:

it began with this post http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585136&pagenumber=19&perpage=40#post421871564

my coat is longer but same length with their shorts plus i'm wearing heels. in january

edit from this pic sorry i'm not trying to plug it again http://i.imgur.com/xTUJYD0.jpg

this is the fabulous white coat from before. i approve of this coat

e: oh ffs this bost was meant to be in all caps and i even botched that up bah

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

The worse a company, the more ridiculous their prices will be.

there are like no good brands in the happy list :/

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

who needs to be fashionable when you can wear sports bras all day everyday.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Donkay NOoo posted:

who needs to be fashionable when you can wear sports bras all day everyday.

i do

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
seriously I need a new coat so bad, my current coat is a bland black puffy thing that is warm but looks awful, I want a coat that's warm and super stylin at the same time

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

listen, your choices are dockers or nike. i'm just saying.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
there's more than just that list

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Women's Rights? posted:

seriously I need a new coat so bad, my current coat is a bland black puffy thing that is warm but looks awful, I want a coat that's warm and super stylin at the same time

I love this one

it's comfy and warm :3:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Here have one with SLIDERS

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/buyersguides/clothing/designerclothing.aspx

http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/buyersguides/clothing.aspx

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 22, 2013

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I mean I guess sports bras are okay when I wanna pretend to be a really tall 12 year old to take advantage of kids meals or whatever

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Laundry: buying as many clothes that don't need ironing as possible.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Pochoclo posted:

And no Dry Clean Only, ever.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Pick posted:

I love this one

it's comfy and warm :3:

that whole outfit is awesome

Pochoclo posted:

Truth, I judge clothes by how long they can sit in my clean clothes hamper before they get wrinkled enough to need to be washed again because gently caress that I'm not gonna iron

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

that's all about british poo poo so who cares

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Women's Rights? posted:

same i really need to get a new winter coat that looks not awful. i have a nice fall coat but it's light on the lining and does not keep any heat at all unless I stuff every single opening with scarves.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

My mom used to dry clean her work clothes. Now that I have a job I'm like HOW, although she was a manager type and I'm a grocery store type until I can miraculously escape minimum wage so my work clothes get messed up the second I arrive.

Also my work "uniform" is a men's large shirt because the store owner cannot be arsed to order anything, I am jealous of those high end stores that have like nice little ties and poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cobalt Chloride posted:

My mom used to dry clean her work clothes. Now that I have a job I'm like HOW, although she was a manager type and I'm a grocery store type until I can miraculously escape minimum wage so my work clothes get messed up the second I arrive.

Also my work "uniform" is a men's large shirt because the store owner cannot be arsed to order anything, I am jealous of those high end stores that have like nice little ties and poo poo.

uniform is tent

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
http://www.asos.com/au/ASOS/ASOS-Pr...rt=-1&clr=Black

something like this is pretty trendy but also classic. you can wear it with pretty much anything, jeans connies and a hoodie, jeans flats and a cardigan, heels and a dress, whatevs

asos stuff you have to research to make sure it wasn't made by slave labour, but if you look for a similar garment on ebay and buy it second hand you aren't putting money into that trade and you're encouraging the second-hand fashion market!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Macy's usually has really good deals on coats on Black Friday, if you're in the US.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
ha ha ha you think i'm gonna be going out on black friday? fuuuuuuuuck that noise

Cyber Monday though, all over that. I am a big anti social goon and i don't like crowds like that

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
for real: dry clean only is code for 'im fancy and a lie'. dry cleaning is not dry, and most of the poo poo you bring into a drycleaners gets soaked then spot-cleaned by hand, then chucked in the machine to get tossed around with all the other poo poo.

things to take to the drycleaner:
pillows if you have a shitload of them and you have a massive party and they all get ruined at the same time
all your blankets and doonas at the end of winter
leather or suede if you managed to stink it up so badly that you can't spot-clean it acceptably
a fabulous expensive dress you don't trust yourself with
a fabulous vintage velvet jacket you don't trust yourself with

everything else you handwash you lazy bastards

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Fruity Gordo posted:

for real: dry clean only is code for 'im fancy and a lie'. dry cleaning is not dry, and most of the poo poo you bring into a drycleaners gets soaked then spot-cleaned by hand, then chucked in the machine to get tossed around with all the other poo poo.

things to take to the drycleaner:
pillows if you have a shitload of them and you have a massive party and they all get ruined at the same time
all your blankets and doonas at the end of winter
leather or suede if you managed to stink it up so badly that you can't spot-clean it acceptably
a fabulous expensive dress you don't trust yourself with
a fabulous vintage velvet jacket you don't trust yourself with

everything else you handwash you lazy bastards

:aaaaa: This was a very educational post, thank you

Anyone know the best way to clean memory foam pillows?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Women's Rights? posted:

ha ha ha you think i'm gonna be going out on black friday? fuuuuuuuuck that noise

Cyber Monday though, all over that. I am a big anti social goon and i don't like crowds like that

I'm not huge on black friday because no high-end store really does it, so yeah cool if I want to save $.50 on pens it's a loving party and if not I think I will go to work or sleep or w/e

like, I am happy to pay an additional $5 for shoes if I don't have to stand in line for an hour and/or deal with someone upset their butter warmer didn't ring up correctly

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Pick posted:

Amaretto is terrible. If you own it, it better be for show, and there better be a sugar-encrusted ring around the top from years of neglect.

Disaronno owns go to hell.

In other news I got a pedi done for the first time in a year. It owns. Pedis own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Obligatory Toast posted:

Disaronno owns

• Locked thread