Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Yeah I don't like listening to lovely musicianship so I'll be at the slackers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

I drove all the way from Ohio to see the ASOB reunion and if I don't do the same for this show I will be kicking myself for years to come.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Well that's just like, your opinion, man.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I saw Jeff play in Brooklyn the other day. Just a simple acoustic set but still great.

After the show I went up to him to tell him how awesome he was. He gave me a glow stick started to talk to me about tv shows. As if we were equals! I was so happy.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I got an incredibly sweaty hug from him after the show when I saw them, but it was all good because we were both drunk.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

And I've seen Jeff like 6 or 7 times

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

snackcakes posted:

I saw Jeff play in Brooklyn the other day. Just a simple acoustic set but still great.

After the show I went up to him to tell him how awesome he was. He gave me a glow stick started to talk to me about tv shows. As if we were equals! I was so happy.

I was also at that show, I think! Death by Audio? My friends and I came all the way from Boston for that show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Misc posted:

I drove all the way from Ohio to see the ASOB reunion and if I don't do the same for this show I will be kicking myself for years to come.

This is pretty much how I feel about this show.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

snackcakes posted:

How come I didn't know about this?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

nerve posted:

Hey did you guys know that FateoMcSkippy doesn't much care for Jeff Rosenstock or his associated music endeavors??

If I did it every time you all started circle jerking about how rad he is I would never stop posting.

And looks like Jeff's show is a matinee and the Slackers are at night so you can go to both.

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 22, 2013

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

If I did it every time you all started circle jerking about how rad he is I would never stop posting.

And looks like Jeff's show is a matinee and the Slackers are at night so you can go to both.

Vacation is so good

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

FateoMcSkippy posted:

No that just means I can spend the evening sitting in my car on Mass Ave and listen to Vacation while smiling.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just bought my ticket. Feels good, man.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Bought 3 tickets.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
gently caress, this sucks. My laptop wouldn't load the ticket site, and by the time I got the idea to try to buy it off my phone, it was sold out already :(

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Wow, didn't think it'd sell out so fast, but I'm not really surprised. Happy I got mine! Like some other goons here, I'll be on my way there from Boston.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!
I grabbed some tickets too. Also coming from Boston, with a whole bunch of my friends!

drat I'm excited.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Haha also coming from Boston.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tickets sold out :((

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Tickets sold out :((

god damnit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

From twitter, just now:

BTMI twitter posted:

Also (last tweet of the day (TOTD)) we're gonna try and add a show a day or two beforehand so keep your eyes peeled and don't worry.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Are these ever going to show up on Stubhub?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

MondayHotDog posted:

Are these ever going to show up on Stubhub?

https://www.facebook.com/events/233256650176903/permalink/233834430119125/

Jeff talks about not grabbing them off stubhub there and I guess some people might be selling them in the comments?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I can't believe he wasn't expecting tickets to sell like crazy, I mean, the reunion show for a band that hasn't played in like ten years and only had three albums (and only one of which is really good) sold out three times. This is Bomb.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

donges posted:

I was also at that show, I think! Death by Audio? My friends and I came all the way from Boston for that show.

That's the one. I asked him to play twinkle and then he forgot the words.

He got it right the next time around though so I forgive him.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

Sorry for the double post but Jeff just announced a second show. On sale tomorrow at noon.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
The tickets for the Friday show are also $15, does that mean we'll get a recording of that night as well?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure you'll get a recording of one of the nights.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Well I know how I'm gonna spend the next hour 45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4mf5XbyiMk

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DOOP posted:

RBF/FIF/other dudes is tonight. Finally.

Woooooooooo. Can't wait. So pumped.

Oh hey, this actually did rule. One of the openers, Beebs and her Moneymakers were pretty good. They all had these awesome checkerboard pants that I want now. Their :sax: player also was real good. He played some cool stuff and rocked it. The other opener, Beautiful Bodies, eh, not my thing. They weren't ska, but more punk/alt rock and no horns. Their singer is this girl who I swear cant be older than 16. The guitar player also love stage-diving and climbing onto the rigging.

FIF and RBF owned, of course. RBF played mostly songs from Turn the Radio Off and Candy Coated Fury. Show was awesome and I finally got to see one of my favorite bands live. Good times.

Reminder: New FIF is released today. I already picked it up.

Neeb
Oct 21, 2010
Punk News are doing a ten part piece about BTMI breaking up/their last tour and part one is up now:

http://punknews.tumblr.com/post/68198137191/bomb-the-music-industry-is-dead-part-1

Everytime I see that "Nothing's forever, dude." banner I get a little saddr :(

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
This all just strengthens my hypothesis that BTMI and Streetlight Manifesto are like matter and antimatter. Two wildly different approaches but they can't exist without each other.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Matter doesn't disappear either, they will come back as something different eventually.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

bowmore posted:

Matter doesn't disappear either, they will come back as something different eventually.

Tom/Jeff music comedy duo lets goooooo

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
Any Australians ever been to Soundwave? Less Than Jake and the Porkers are playing along with some other good bands (http://www.soundwavefestival.com/lineup). But I wasn't sure if every city would have every band listed or if some bands only played certain dates. I'd have to travel for any of the cities and don't want to pick one without LTJ.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I went to the last 3, not sure if I will go this time around (even though my mum bought me a ticket for my birthday without asking me if I was interested she just assumed, I love you too mum.)

I probably will go, shame the lineup is the not as good as every other year it's ever been on.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Holy poo poo the Porkers are still around.

Usually all bands play all cities unless it says otherwise. Although last time Less Than Jake played at Soundwave there was some drama where they didn't want to be the opening act or something so just didn't turn up. My mate came just to see them 'cause they were his favourite band at the time. Brisbane being the first show all the US bands are always crazy jet lagged.

The best Soundwave was the one were I got to see Reel Big Fish then Motion City then Aquabats and then cool off at Bedouin Sound Clash.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
And in further Mike Park and Jeff Rosenstock news, Bruce Lee Band is back!

http://reallyrecords.bigcartel.com/product/the-bruce-lee-band-community-support-group

And here, have a new song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJKs39HZxQ

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Listen to those Rosenstock "ooooh"s!

This is great, already preordered the vinyl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

CodfishCartographer posted:

And in further Mike Park and Jeff Rosenstock news, Bruce Lee Band is back!

http://reallyrecords.bigcartel.com/product/the-bruce-lee-band-community-support-group

And here, have a new song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJKs39HZxQ

And that's a gif and I made that.

Neeb posted:

Punk News are doing a ten part piece about BTMI breaking up/their last tour and part one is up now:

http://punknews.tumblr.com/post/68198137191/bomb-the-music-industry-is-dead-part-1

Everytime I see that "Nothing's forever, dude." banner I get a little saddr :(

The latest one if pretty interesting talking to Mike Park. Joyce Manor are one of my favourite bands at the moment and it's great to hear they are doing well.