Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

Looks like they added new boosts, new says 17 of 20

I noticed a boost I hadn't seen before, +20% damage to Doombots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Holy poo poo the ISO recruit for the Avengers event just gave me Red Thor, Blue M.Hawkeye, and Green Wolverine. Send me more ISO damnit!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

WetSpink posted:

I noticed a boost I hadn't seen before, +20% damage to Doombots.

I have had the one for a while. Ideally they would release chapter 1 of the game so we can use any of the boost. As much fun as PVP is, nearly everyone has high level heroes and starting to have decent 3* heroes. Chapter 1 either has to be much tougher than the prologue or be too easy for everyone that has been playing.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
You know what's a really fun team?

Thor, Grey Widow, and Wolverine.

If you start with all color boost, red/yellow boost, and green/black boost, a maxed green Wolverine can begin the round by creating 4 strike tiles. If you have a maxed red Thor you can then nuke the enemy to create yellow, and potentially nuke them again with the yellow skill. If nothing's on the board start matching purple so you can set up a green critical with Grey Widow's skill to let Wolverine make more strike tiles.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I've only been able to get purple covers for Grey Widow and I was wondering about how crazy that would be to funnel all those greens into Wolverine. As it is, I'm just happy to get any use out of her in the 3 star tournament right now. For the longest time it was Iron Man 40, Spider Man, and whatever single cover characters were left.

I didn't start using Wolverine for anything until recently, now that he's over level 50. He's on meat shield duty now. With a maxed Thor and level 52 Captain America, this Avengers weekend may be quite profitable. I'm using Cap more because I'm sick of my Widow getting Thor-hammered before she can get 9 blue together!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Eddain posted:

You know what's a really fun team?

Thor, Grey Widow, and Wolverine.

If you start with all color boost, red/yellow boost, and green/black boost, a maxed green Wolverine can begin the round by creating 4 strike tiles. If you have a maxed red Thor you can then nuke the enemy to create yellow, and potentially nuke them again with the yellow skill. If nothing's on the board start matching purple so you can set up a green critical with Grey Widow's skill to let Wolverine make more strike tiles.

That is my avengers team as well. I have been holding off in using the green/black boost until the last hour. Right now I can still curb stomp every team as it is right now. Grey widow's purple move is deadly with +200-300 strike tiles behind it.

Also aim for teams with iron man model 35 or 40 on them. The ai will use the first ability it has ap for, so you never have to worry about Thor's yellow ability. Then just grab all the reds for yourself and watch the other team flounder.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 23, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

And only now does it occur to me that the bonus damage to Avengers would be really helpful for this tournament. It was even better than I thought.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Last hour of 3* coming up. On my signal... unleash hell. Also, do not attack me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looking forward to that Juggernaut. :v

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SynthOrange posted:

Looking forward to that Juggernaut. :v

Thinking I'd rather stay in the 51-100 range for the 300 ISOs vendoring Juggernaut covers than go up to 26-50 and only get one Captain America to vendor. :v:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I think I can get top 10, I'm going to try top 2, even though the purple spidey covers are stupid.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, even though I only need to hang onto top 25 for a Spidey Blue. It's bunched tightly enough that it'll only take a couple of "hi I have 100 points on the last day but I'll attack you because nyahh"s to crab me.

Just gotta keep punching above my weight class and burning boosts like a mad Spaniard.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Any idea what the brackets are for the 1* and Avengers tournaments? I've already hit #1 on Avengers, and that isnt right. :v:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Any idea what the brackets are for the 1* and Avengers tournaments? I've already hit #1 on Avengers, and that isnt right. :v:
I think it is 500 for avengers and 200 for 1*. I may have that backwards.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Fritzler posted:

I think it is 500 for avengers and 200 for 1*. I may have that backwards.

Definitely 500 for Avengers. I wish people in my bracket would hurry up and get their poo poo together and earn some more points so that I can push ahead and get that 600-point Wolverine cover.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've gotten so many Thors and Wolverines today it's ridiculous. I've already got those two maxed out. :negative:

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Kravdraa posted:

Definitely 500 for Avengers. I wish people in my bracket would hurry up and get their poo poo together and earn some more points so that I can push ahead and get that 600-point Wolverine cover.
It doesn't matter who is in your bracket because you actually fight everyone, so you can fight people from other brackets. So everyone competes for like the same pool of points or whatever, but you get compared against your bracket to see how many you have vs. how many they have.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm #1 in my Avengers bracket with about 510pts. Need people to catch up so I can start winning more than 15pts a fight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pretty certain that if I hadnt been selling all my Thor covers up to this point, I'd have two maxed Thors. :v:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Even with muliple boosts, my 3 star retards got cleaned out two matches in a row. So much for getting another blue Spider Man. I think I'd rather have to use Classic Bullseye right now than him. I guess when your only real damage dealer is Iron Man 40, you're destined to lose.

And Jonny Aces just HAS to be one of you guys.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 23, 2013

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

Pretty certain that if I hadnt been selling all my Thor covers up to this point, I'd have two maxed Thors. :v:

Tis the way of the thing. A couple of weeks ago I was jealous of all those people with their maxed Thors, now mine's maxed and I can't stop getting them.

I was tempted to pay for Wolverine's last covers with HP, but I just know what will happen if I do...

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

SynthOrange posted:

I'm a green away from maxing my second Thor. If there's ever another Thornament I plan on getting him up to level 85 also :rock:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If only you could have duplicate heroes on the same team eh? Three Thors. :stare:

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

If only you could have duplicate heroes on the same team eh? Three Thors. :stare:

only thing better would be four Thors, because it sounds funny...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ugh, #17 on 3-star and I got creamed by a board churning Ragnarok/Grey Widow. Time for a top 50 prize.

e: omg I actually stayed in the top 25

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 23, 2013

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Earlier I mentioned getting a red thor from a standard token after working towards the red thor in this tournament, which finished him off skillwise. Just fought tooth and nail for (2nd place in my bracket, and) the 500 avengers prize, an avengers token. I got another red thor, for a total of three today. :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang I got knocked out of the red captain America reward. I'm 1 red and 1 blue from maxing him :argh: least I got 550 iso and 50 hp.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Welp, stayed in the 50-100 as planned.

Dumped all that Jugg Iso into IM 40 to prep for the Avenger bracket.

Pulled a Heroic pack like a fool because I had decent luck from it this week.

Heroic pulls:

-Modern Hawkeye (Red); Useful. Hawk is now 4/3/3

-Classic Magneto (Red); Didn't have one

-Modern Hawkeye (Purple); That's 150 HP sent to the Iso woodchipper. :(

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 23, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that's new. Got the 'share 140 iso with friends' but at +10 instead of +25 as usual. Has anyone seen a +25 since the last patch?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Well that's new. Got the 'share 140 iso with friends' but at +10 instead of +25 as usual. Has anyone seen a +25 since the last patch?
Just saw this. I guess they are trying to curtail the ridiculous amount of free ISO that we get.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Just saw this. I guess they are trying to curtail the ridiculous amount of free ISO that we get.

They made every non hero unit stronger (except pyro) :stare: why would they punish new players like that?

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
New players are only minorly affected - those attacks still don't do much damage when they go off, though they add up pretty quickly.

I honestly think it makes PvE more interesting since you now see more than one countdown tile every 2-3 turns.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

*sigh* RIP +25 ISO gift count :(

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got up to the 500 point range for avengers and got another IM40 red. So that was nice. Then I decided to push my luck and used 300 hp and got wolverine red :sigh:

And on a side note I can't win a single match on the 1* tournament.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 23, 2013

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Is there any activity during this Avengers tourney at all? I'm a bit above 600 right now and all the opponents I've skipped past would've only given me 1-3pts. After skipping like the 20th dude the game simply ran out and closed the tourney for me. I can open it again if I wait a bit but the opponent selection is still pretty bad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Seems pretty slow going here too. Still plenty of time and its not hard to catch up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

Speaking of, hurry up and accept my phone game ponzi scheme friend requests you layabouts!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So.

I, um

Not bad for someone with no Ragnarok and no 3* above level 70.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

delfin posted:

So.

I, um

Not bad for someone with no Ragnarok and no 3* above level 70.

You lucky SOB. I only stayed in the Top 50 with my garbage team.

I's so much more refreshing to be back eviscerating people in the Avengers Tournament after that week of hell. I really can't live without Wolverine's green ability now. You get some greens, get six reds for Thor, activate Feral Claws for two strike tiles, then Mjolnir's Might and let the combos roll in. I call that game "remember when you had a maxed Thor?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Heroic Venom is up!