Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dizz posted:

I'm not one for Smash drama but is this the one where the smash players heckled a kid so much for winning a tourney for using items that he [The kid] ended up giving his winnings to the dude in 2nd place?

It was posted a long time ago in the thread so my memory is vague but I believe what happened was simply that the kid used ROB who is apparently considered really bad. So when he actually won, the unbelievable neckbearded babies were furious and basically coerced him into giving up the prize to the 2nd place (because that person was using a "top-tier" character which I guess is the only legit way to win, dudes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

You can't talk about this and not mention that they got banned from EVO because they then tried to hijack a T.V to run another tournament with "Pro rules" right before Street Fighter was about to start.

All in all it was really goddamn scummy.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Not to mention the fact that at least one fighting game tournament stopped hosting Smash because their equipment would be stolen, every single year.

Really it's a miracle they were allowed back at evo at all.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It was posted a long time ago in the thread so my memory is vague but I believe what happened was simply that the kid used ROB who is apparently considered really bad. So when he actually won, the unbelievable neckbearded babies were furious and basically coerced him into giving up the prize to the 2nd place (because that person was using a "top-tier" character which I guess is the only legit way to win, dudes)

Is there some kind of ur-thread related to this, or will I have to try some convoluted thread search here? I want the rest of the story. :allears:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

AXE COP posted:

Not to mention the fact that at least one fighting game tournament stopped hosting Smash because their equipment would be stolen, every single year.

Really it's a miracle they were allowed back at evo at all.

They donated lots of money so that Skullgirls and that MLP fighting game wouldn't get in. I guess they wanted to get back into that equipment stealing gig.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dizz posted:

They donated lots of money so that Skullgirls and that MLP fighting game wouldn't get in. I guess they wanted to get back into that equipment stealing gig.
You mean that actually got finished? :psyduck:

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
I heard the story with the item guy being forced to give away his prize money but never found any remotely credible sources.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Croccers posted:

You mean that actually got finished? :psyduck:

Nah, they got hit with a Cease & Desist afer Hasbro caught wind of it well into production with the full MLP main cast bucking the molars out of each others' jaws. That, obviously, didn't sit well with the fans, but eh, even the Fighting Is Magic team expected they could have been hit by a C&D.

Now they're continueing development with new not-pony characters. Cows, llamas, and so on.

The real magic, however, lies in that the Fighting Is Magic team actually spurned creator Lauren Faust's offer of her designing brand new pony characters for the game so that the team would not be hit by a Hasbro legal trademark complaint and C&D. Again, this needs repeating: the goddamn creator of the show actually offered them help in the foreseaable event that they would get hit by a C&D, and they rebuffed her quite rudely :allears: is that my sources hate pony, apparently!

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 19, 2013

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Were they quoted as saying "gently caress you bitch, stop treading on all my Men's Rights"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Do you have a link for that? The story I heard was that she joined the team and was making not-pony characters for it. Your version is even more bizarre...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dinictus posted:

Nah, they got hit with a Cease & Desist afer Hasbro caught wind of it well into production with the full MLP main cast bucking the molars out of each others' jaws. That, obviously, didn't sit well with the fans, but eh, even the Fighting Is Magic team expected they could have been hit by a C&D.

Now they're continueing development with new not-pony characters. Cows, llamas, and so on.

The real magic, however, lies in that the Fighting Is Magic team actually spurned creator Lauren Faust's offer of her designing brand new pony characters for the game so that the team would not be hit by a Hasbro legal trademark complaint and C&D. Again, this needs repeating: the goddamn creator of the show actually offered them help in the foreseaable event that they would get hit by a C&D, and they rebuffed her quite rudely :allears:

Where the hell are you hearing that. She's providing character designs for the game and its progressing quite well.

For a game where you can get a cow to beat the poo poo out a llama. :v:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Where the hell are you hearing that. She's providing character designs for the game and its progressing quite well.

For a game where you can get a cow to beat the poo poo out a llama. :v:

Well blow me down, guess I shouldn't have taken some second-hand info as gospel truth.

Wikipedia on 'Fighting Is Magic' posted:

On hearing of the cease and desist, Faust contacted the team, offering to provide some of her time to create new characters for their game, and her official involvement with the project was announced at the end of February. The team accepted her offer; developer Jay Wright noted that "you can't copyright Lauren's distinctive style", and that while the game will still be unique IP, will likely still carry the spirit of My Little Pony.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the fandom isnt great, but it's not as bad as reported by comedy forum Something Awful. :v:

Anyway, back to griefing! AGE OF WUSHU got a major update with the marriage system being one of many things implemented.

Goons proceed to gently caress up weddings.

PassiveSentence posted:

One of the grooms scheduled to wed today decided that being an ordinary commoner was beneath him in Jianghu and racked up some infamy points. Shortly before the wedding was scheduled to start, the hardworking constables banded together and caught this criminal, leading to a 5 hour vacation in the spacious Jinling jail.

:chord:It is now an hour past the scheduled wedding and the red wedding bar is nowhere to be seen. Only time will tell if the groom has to pay the marriage cost again.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

That looks more exciting than a normal ingame wedding, if anything he did them a favor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Still no word on whether forcibl castrating the groom will end the marriage or not, sadly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As part of the new storyline in Star Trek Online, the devs made a minigun that can release a massive energy burst. Since they put the explosion in the slot usually reserved for melee attacks it can be used in social areas. After discovering this, a bunch of goons bought some and started idling with autofire on in places popular with RPers. People trying to ogle their characters either just beam up to their ship or get mad enough to send angry tells at everyone using it.

Screenshots from the thread:

Korgan posted:

Do some featured episodes, they're awarding 15 lobi once a day per account for doing one featured episode mission. Spin the Wheel in the Spectres arc takes like five minutes.

As for what it does, well.

Every 6 seconds. Along with noise and shakycam.

Ludicro posted:

This is the best gun.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Unguided posted:

As part of the new storyline in Star Trek Online, the devs made a minigun that can release a massive energy burst. Since they put the explosion in the slot usually reserved for melee attacks it can be used in social areas. After discovering this, a bunch of goons bought some and started idling with autofire on in places popular with RPers. People trying to ogle their characters either just beam up to their ship or get mad enough to send angry tells at everyone using it.

Screenshots from the thread:

This is how we know some game makers love us and want us to be happy. It's like having a flash bang go off every 6 seconds.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

My favorite part of that is when I opened the thread and immediately started trying to figure out "what the hell game is THAT?!" just based off the explosion, because it had transfixed my attention before I even read or noticed the story around it.

I couldn't stand STO to the point where I didn't even make it all the way through the tutorial mission before quitting, but it is good to know the goons that play it are making the best of it. :allears:

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

Zaodai posted:

My favorite part of that is when I opened the thread and immediately started trying to figure out "what the hell game is THAT?!" just based off the explosion, because it had transfixed my attention before I even read or noticed the story around it.

I couldn't stand STO to the point where I didn't even make it all the way through the tutorial mission before quitting, but it is good to know the goons that play it are making the best of it. :allears:

I'm glad at least some people are having fun with that game.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
He's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRUXaElOf0

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I love him.
Esteban is my Internet Hero.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Holy poo poo he trolled them into letting him back in. This dude he's trolling is the gift that keeps on giving.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
That guy sure showed him. If I only I could be so tough, then no one would mess with in my video games.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Related to Smash Bros, Bowser's suicide move was the best of the suicide moves because if both players are down to one life left, the Bowser player wins because the other guy is underneath hitting the edge first :cool:

edit: Esteban :allears:

Why does everyone in that game have such awful mics

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 23, 2013

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I wonder if the kid was a bot. They started off kinda nice too...then at the slightest insinuation that you yell at your digikid for being rude, they go off the deep end. I...do not understand the SL crowd.

But I'm glad Esteban's back. :allears:

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Related to Smash Bros, Bowser's suicide move was the best of the suicide moves because if both players are down to one life left, the Bowser player wins because the other guy is underneath hitting the edge first :cool:
I'm not 100% on this, but I remember the opposite. Bowserciding the final stock of a match declares the other player the winner. They must've playtested, saw this was happening and decided to mess with the hitboxes or hardcode something to get bowser to die first.

Not that it ever stopped me though, enjoy your "victory".

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Macaluso posted:

edit: Esteban :allears:

Why does everyone in that game have such awful mics

Dude you could have a studio-class mic with a pop filter but that wouldn't change anything if you were a screaming, frothing lunatic.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
That really does have to be one of the best Esteban episodes.

I really don't understand how some people can be so incredibly broken that they would make death threats over a make-believe family in SL.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rynoto posted:

That really does have to be one of the best Esteban episodes.

I really don't understand how some people can be so incredibly broken that they would make death threats over a make-believe family in SL.
This one's okay but it's just kinda him baiting a hotheaded nerd who RPs a Bro online. Personally, I like the one where he infiltrates Ponyland best. Oh, the things they reveal without even being asked.

"It's a little creepy because like I'm in my twenties and she was fifteen, but it's not that bad. Well okay she was eleven but"

"I fixed her PSP. It ended in rape."

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Why is it always buff tan guys in a T shirt and cap? every single couple it's a tan buff guy in a T shirt and cap.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Why is it always buff tan guys in a T shirt and cap? every single couple it's a tan buff guy in a T shirt and cap.

It's what they always wished they looked like. A buff tan dude with tribal tattoos.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Dizz posted:

It's what they always wished they looked like. A buff tan dude with tribal tattoos.

Dreaming the impossible dream right there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The worst thing is that people go onto second life and just sit around inside a house doing nothing. Art emulating life I guess.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Cojawfee posted:

The worst thing is that people go onto second life and just sit around inside a house doing nothing. Art emulating life I guess.
They crave change but lack the dedication to bring it about. Instead, they craft golden gods and bring them down to their level; to wallow with swine and feel as equals.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Well what are they to do though? they already virtually look good and have virtual mansions, a virtual trophy wife, and virtual children.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

Dizz posted:

Well what are they to do though? they already virtually look good and have virtual mansions, a virtual trophy wife, and virtual children.

Its not quite complete without a virtual anger problem,

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I get so much entertainment from people getting pissed off in games, especially from relatively innocuous actions. Esteban is amazing but I want more.

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 24, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Esteban is amazing because his griefing is being incredibly polite. It's really an artform to grief that way.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

He is quick witted too which is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mokinokaro posted:

Esteban is amazing because his griefing is being incredibly polite. It's really an artform to grief that way.

I don't know if polite is the right word, he has done some dickish things as Esteban. He's at the very least good natured.

I also find it hilarious that, if Esteban's videos are anything to go by, the pony crowd in Second Life is easily the sanest and most down to earth group in the community.

• Locked thread