Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
I would trade for Ed Walsh starting with Travis Jackson and my third rounder plus some stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

cbx posted:

Status update:

I have only the Padres, Giants, and Diamond/Rocks to do, as we've unearthed kensei's challenge roster and I needed one more roster to make an even number for Mogul not to crap on me. So, hopefully the first update will be up by tomorrow night. Sorry to keep everyone waiting, being sick kinda screws me over.

Do you need any more teams? I can throw a roster together for you today if you need help. Thanks for putting this together.

I mean I already did the Padres but it was a lot of fun and I'd do another one just to make the teams even.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Another trade possibility: My 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 2nd and 4th.

I've got picks 30 and 48. You'd be giving up picks 22/23/24 or so and 61/63/65. So on average you'd end up with better players, though you'd have a lower probability of one of those players being an elite talent.

In any event, find me in IRC and we can negotiate.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

tadashi posted:

Do you need any more teams? I can throw a roster together for you today if you need help. Thanks for putting this together.

I mean I already did the Padres but it was a lot of fun and I'd do another one just to make the teams even.

I've got all that I need now, thanks for the offer though. When I get back from work today, I'll be finishing off the rosters and hopefully getting a script from Cthulhu for this.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I am still willing to acquire a pick, though if the Marmosets go the direction I think they will, my interest will be greatly diminished.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
The Marmosets select 1908 Ed Walsh, hopefully in an effort to shore up my mediocre rotation. There will be passable infield options later.

Pungry! is on the clock.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

FairGame posted:

Another trade possibility: My 2nd and 3rd round picks for your 2nd and 4th.

I've got picks 30 and 48. You'd be giving up picks 22/23/24 or so and 61/63/65. So on average you'd end up with better players, though you'd have a lower probability of one of those players being an elite talent.

In any event, find me in IRC and we can negotiate.

Not to step on Fairgame's toes, but I would do this same deal.

Also a reminder to everyone that I am shopping Dom Dimaggio or Richie Ashburn for a 4th rounder!

Zodiac5000 posted:

The Marmosets select 1908 Ed Walsh, hopefully in an effort to shore up my mediocre rotation. There will be passable infield options later.

Pungry! is on the clock.

I heard from one Mr. McFreeze that you are looking for a 2nd basemen? I have an extra Bobby Doerr running around, if you are interested.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 22, 2013

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

The Thunder draft 1928 Hornsby

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Save that for when he drafts the other one.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

mks5000 posted:

I heard from one Mr. McFreeze that you are looking for a 2nd basemen? I have an extra Bobby Doerr running around, if you are interested.

I'm not averse to a conversation about Doerr, but I am skeptical that I will be unable to find an equally useful 2B in the draft. But who knows! make my day!

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

You can probably deduce from the Thunder's roster that I'm going to draft a new DH with my 2nd round pick, and them I'm short a catcher and an SP4. I notice you have approximately a billion spare catchers, so is there any trades you'd be interested in? Obviously I'd love Fisk but I may not be able to afford him.

My roster is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=170803&perpage=40&pagenumber=17#post420318953

I;ve since acquired Don Bradman, Bo Jackson, LeBron James and Jim Thorpe and sold Heilmann

Fisk is available, or so the Viscount told me over an Irrawaddy Icepick, but I can't tell from that post how you value your fringes.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

kensei posted:

I was skimming the thread and I thought someone posted that I had an incorrect player or something? I'll check tomorrow.

It looks like you have 2001 Todd Helton 2x and you are still a few players short regardless. I'll fill in the blanks with best fits. I gotta get this thing moving.

cbx fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 23, 2013

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

The People's Front was not a good team, nor did it last very long, as it did not even survive the Expansion Cup. Also, for those who don't know, the People's Front of Rhodesia were actually white supremacists living in Southern Rhodesia (now called Zimbabwe) and attempting to deny the black majority of the country equal rights. That was a bit problematic as well.

Therefore, I have decided to set a precedent. The next time something like this happens, I will find something as bad as what's written below, and post it into the thread.

It's the only way you'll learn.

THE INTERNET! posted:

Name: Tanya Williams (Married name is Ferguson, you choose)

Age- 34

Job: FBI Agent (Formally SWAT)

History: Tanya's whole life is built on a tradegy when she was five years old, a werewolf entered her home in Australia and slaughtered her entire family, leaving Tanya left alone (She wouldn't find out her twin sister, Sonya was still alive after she hit her thirties). She was given to a foster family who loved her for years and would take care of her until she was 11, her foster family died in a car accident leaving Tanya to be bounced around via foster homes.

When Tanya reached 15, she knew she was gay when she started having feelings for another girl, who was a well known lesbian. They dated for a few years until her girlfriend moved away and Tanya attended the police academy, due her family's deaths Tanya wanted to be a cop and the best she could be. She was a rookie cop only for three years, and climbed up the ladder until she was accepted into the SWAT, it wasn't long before she became a leader.

Tanya wouldn't date again until she reached her thirties and met Michelle Ferguson, the two had hit off and started dating, there was a huge bump in the road when it was discovered Michelle had done something horrible in her past, Tanya eventually forgave her and the two got married. (They didn't care for the Gay Marriage ban and broke the law to have it done). Tanya became part of the large group Michelle was involved in (And later Arizona and Cooper would become part of). After marrying Michelle, Tanya discovered it was a real werewolf that killed her family, and she vowed to find it one day.

Due to the supernatural world, it was possible for one homosexual to turn into the opposite sex so they could concieve a child that had their DNA, so Tanya and Michelle did so, which created Maddie Ferguson, their daughter, however due to a Ferguson curse where warlocks would grab their newborns, throw them into a hell dimension and which they would be aged up very quickly and returned to kill their mother, Maddie was aged to 10 before she could be saved, lucky she was not corrupted like the Ferguson women before her.

Tanya later on suffered a betrayal when Michelle slept with her half sister, Katherine Ferguson. In a spite of anger, Tanya got revenge sex by sleeping with Katherine's spouse, Elizabeth. After some major fighting, it was the two children, Maddie and Isabella (Child of Katherine and Elizabeth, Isabella suffered the same fate as Maddie) who got them to get along again. Tanya would go on to marry Elizabeth, become an FBI Agent and find her twin sister, Sonya Draconis again. During her marriage with Elizabeth, they had a child named Meredith who got to grow up normally, however would never see her mother again.

When the world crumbled, and the group they were in fought hard, Elizabeth and Katherine found comfort in each other, being the last straw for Tanya she dumped her and left, a few weeks later killed herself leaving a massive hole in the world.

Appearance: Tanya is about 5'8 tall, light skintone, raven black hair rolling to her back, chocolate brown eyes and a trusting smile, she is fit due to her job. She often wears darker clothes mostly because she is always in her SWAT/FBI mode, she often carries a gun for protection, that had a part in her death (Again, can be changed).

Personality: Tanya is best described as a loving soul, a fanastic mother and a hero to the world. She always tried her best to understand certain situations, and even if she will judge, tries to overcome that judgement. While her end was killing herself in a hotel room, her lifetime can be described as loyal, and even forgiving to her first wife who cheated on her.

DO NOT ABANDON YOUR TEAMS OR ELSE!

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 23, 2013

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus, that.. I think clusterfuck is the proper term for what was just posted. Yikes.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
It reads like one giant run-on sentence to me. I used to have a supervisor that wrote like that, but with more backwoods influence.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
That was magical, thank you for bringing that to us. I can't wait for the interminable series of movie adaptations where transsexual lesbian cops sleep with their half-sister's illegally married gay spouse whilst battling the random and somewhat idiotic evil forces of the supernatural.

I wonder, did Tanya ever manage to find the werewolf that killed her family? And how exactly did the world crumble? These are vital facts left unanswered by the author, and if this is another nugget of poo poo dredged from the bowels of NaNoWriMo, how did the author expect to resolve a whole series-worth of plotlines within 50,000 words?

EDIT: This doesn't make sense:

A Moron posted:

In a spite of anger, Tanya got revenge sex by sleeping with Katherine's spouse, Elizabeth.

In spite of anger, Tanya did something out of anger? Huh?

Robert Deadford fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 23, 2013

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
:siren: Hey Marauder, I'd like your Barry Bonds. What would it take to get him? :siren:

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Would you be playing him at catcher, or...?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
First base probably, who cares about defense

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Robert_Deadford posted:

In spite of anger, Tanya did something out of anger? Huh?
Spate, I assume. Though spellchecking is the least of the issues with that screed.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Fisk is available, or so the Viscount told me over an Irrawaddy Icepick, but I can't tell from that post how you value your fringes.

Not sure what you might want really.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

cbx posted:

It looks like you have 2001 Todd Helton 2x and you are still a few players short regardless. I'll fill in the blanks with best fits. I gotta get this thing moving.

The second should be 2006 Helton. I thought it was a 40 man roster, is that not right?

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

kensei posted:

The second should be 2006 Helton. I thought it was a 40 man roster, is that not right?

2006 Helton. Alright, I'll get him in.

Yeah, it's a 40 man roster. You had 36 if I remember correctly. I gave you Matt Williams and Max Scherzer to help fill in the gaps.

cbx fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 23, 2013

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Worst select Lou Gehrig 1936.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Hey Grinnblade I'm not sure what your stadium/infield are like, but given that you took a liking to 98 Randy Johnson, perhaps you want two of them. He doesn't really fit my team all that well even if he was my best starter by far during the EC.

There are better pitchers on the board but if you have some kind of secret plan to have all the Johnsons I'm down with trading.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Because I haven't had quite enough self-flagellation, the Idaho Potatoes select 1996 Curt Schilling.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
I'm sorry, Smasher. If RA Dickey can be a competent athlete without any CLs maybe so can Derrick Rose :shobon:

CraigK fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 23, 2013

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I keep trying to read that obit and about halfway through my eyes go crossed and I forget almost the whole thing. I have no idea how you did that but goddamn that's something.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zodiac5000 posted:

I keep trying to read that obit and about halfway through my eyes go crossed and I forget almost the whole thing. I have no idea how you did that but goddamn that's something.

I sent you trade offer in a PM!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Zodiac5000 posted:

I didn't write it. I just found it.

And as far as Derrick Rose goes, life can be hilariously cruel. At this point, with Rose out, and Rodgers out, I feel like the next Blackhawks game is going to feature Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane skating right into each other at full speed and exploding on impact.

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 23, 2013

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I didn't write it. I just found it.

And as far as Derrick Rose goes, life can be hilariously cruel. At this point, with Rose out, and Rodgers out, I feel like the next Blackhawks game is going to feature Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane skating right into each other at full speed and exploding on impact.

Well, actually...

(okay, it's not Kane or Toews, luckily, but still)

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

GVOLTT posted:

Well, actually...

(okay, it's not Kane or Toews, luckily, but still)

Bickell is expendable. I mean, he's good and all, but it's not like the Hawks are hurting for wingers.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Bullseyes select 1956 Jim Bunning.

Mr. Locke is on the clock

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
The Boneheads select 1965 Juan Marichal

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'd still like to trade up! TKBomber, perhaps my pick (30th overall) + Molitor to solve your 1B issues, for your 27th overall?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

TRADE

Zombie Llamas send 1918 Harry Hooper and the 29th overall pick in the dispersal draft for
the Dorchester Phantoms second round pick (27th overall)

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

TheFlyingLlama posted:

TRADE

Zombie Llamas send 1918 Harry Hooper and the 29th overall pick in the dispersal draft for
the Dorchester Phantoms second round pick (27th overall)

The Dorchester Phantoms approve this trade.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

With the 27th pick in the Dispersal Draft the Zombie Llamas Draft Rogers Hornsby 1930. Kensei and the Hipsters are now on the clock.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TheFlyingLlama posted:

With the 27th pick in the Dispersal Draft the Zombie Llamas Draft Rogers Hornsby 1930. Kensei and the Hipsters are now on the clock.

Well done.

Mentholmoose, looking in your direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Now that Gehrig and Marichal are gone there's nobody I really want to trade for. Sorry, FairGame.