Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

codyclarke posted:

What's that 90's big budget hollywood movie that takes place in somewhat older times where the hero has to prove himself by going through some sort of wooden gauntlet that's raised above the ground on scaffolding or something?

Jonas posted the scene, but it doesn't mention the actual title, First Knight.

westborn fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

westborn posted:

Jonas posted the scene, but it doesn't mention the actual title, First Knight.

Yes!!! The tip of my tongue thanks you and Jonas so much. That's a good movie, I need to see that again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Afrika Korps posted:

Trying to find an Asian crime film involving two or more hit men competing for some sort of hitman title. A few things I remember:

1) A multitude of grenades being tossed into a jail cell, killing the inmate (near the beginning).
2) Street shootout with antogonist wearing a bill clinton mask.
3) Some sort of diner scene involving a poison being showcased.
4) Also near the beginning, two competing hitmen are shown passing each other in a train station.

It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I'm pretty sure that's Fulltime Killer

Actually the full thing is on youtube (no captions) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7I8JmRddds and the Bill Clinton mask makes an appearance at the 16 minute mark.

BillCarsn
May 20, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

High Spirits, around the 1 hour, 10 minutes mark.

Perfect. Thank you kindly!

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
I'm looking for a horror movie I saw a bit of back in the mid 80's, possibly early 90's on vhs. Something about a possessed/dimension-portal type house with people trapped inside, and the house was bigger on the inside with monsters running around? I've been looking for it for years, and google hasn't been any help yet. It was in color, and here's what I can remember:

-Some old lady being trapped by an Evil Doctor type guy, strapped to a bed and having her blood drained through what looked like a giant crazy straw of clear tubing and maybe a blender, possibly with a bunch of b-movie blinking lights "control panels".

-Our mid-20's, early 30's hero trying to find her and calling his buddy for help, I think maybe his buddy comes screeching up to the house in his pickup truck?

-A scene where the two heroes plan their assault on the house and decide to split up. I think one guy has a pistol or knife, and the other definitely has a lit welding torch and helmet to match. After they decide to split up torch-guy flips down his welding mask and they turn back-to-back and walk offscreen, one left, one right. Pretty sure there's at least one other scene with torch-guy refueling or relighting or otherwise dicking around with his torch, too.

-Now we're somewhere in a dark cave or underground ruins or something? One of the guys gets into a fight with some giant spiky-looking black knight... thing, and is getting his rear end kicked. He gets knocked down, and finds a sword laying on the ground. He grabs it and gets back up, and is waving it around going "yeah that's right, you're scared aren't ya, now I'm gonna kick your rear end" etc. The Bad Guy turns around and grabs a handle sticking out of a chunk of stone, and pulls out a giant chainsaw sword and revs it up, spitting sparks everywhere.

-I'm like 9 years old and scared so I don't watch anymore, but I'm pretty sure there was a bunch of screaming and chainsaw noises at this point!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

CougarsWrath posted:

I'm looking for a horror movie I saw a bit of back in the mid 80's, possibly early 90's on vhs. Something about a possessed/dimension-portal type house with people trapped inside, and the house was bigger on the inside with monsters running around? I've been looking for it for years, and google hasn't been any help yet. It was in color, and here's what I can remember:

-Some old lady being trapped by an Evil Doctor type guy, strapped to a bed and having her blood drained through what looked like a giant crazy straw of clear tubing and maybe a blender, possibly with a bunch of b-movie blinking lights "control panels".

-Our mid-20's, early 30's hero trying to find her and calling his buddy for help, I think maybe his buddy comes screeching up to the house in his pickup truck?

-A scene where the two heroes plan their assault on the house and decide to split up. I think one guy has a pistol or knife, and the other definitely has a lit welding torch and helmet to match. After they decide to split up torch-guy flips down his welding mask and they turn back-to-back and walk offscreen, one left, one right. Pretty sure there's at least one other scene with torch-guy refueling or relighting or otherwise dicking around with his torch, too.

-Now we're somewhere in a dark cave or underground ruins or something? One of the guys gets into a fight with some giant spiky-looking black knight... thing, and is getting his rear end kicked. He gets knocked down, and finds a sword laying on the ground. He grabs it and gets back up, and is waving it around going "yeah that's right, you're scared aren't ya, now I'm gonna kick your rear end" etc. The Bad Guy turns around and grabs a handle sticking out of a chunk of stone, and pulls out a giant chainsaw sword and revs it up, spitting sparks everywhere.

-I'm like 9 years old and scared so I don't watch anymore, but I'm pretty sure there was a bunch of screaming and chainsaw noises at this point!

Phantasm II.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
Woah, from watching the trailer and a few scenes on youtube that definitely looks like it, thanks!

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

ApexAftermath posted:

Ok so I don't got much. I suddenly remembered this scene from a film where this guy is teaching some kind of game(i think a card game) to people and he is taking their money as he smiles and says "fun isn't it?". HELP.

This sounds a lot like the "stiften" sketch from Jiskefet, a Dutch comedy group. Wasn't a movie and it is all in Dutch so probably not what you are looking for, but it matches the description perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZBHkJFcYII

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I remember a movie can't remember if it was action or not. But it's a guy I think who's on the run for hiding some money from people and at the end he and someone remove a chalkboard in a classroom and the money is hidden there. I think the money is wrapped in like orange plastic. If I were to guess the movie was 80s or early 90s and it was in color

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Not a movie, but a review of it, by Ebert. He said something like the movie was incredible because the creators tried so hard and failed so hard. I think it was a 90's movie but can't remember for sure.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember a movie can't remember if it was action or not. But it's a guy I think who's on the run for hiding some money from people and at the end he and someone remove a chalkboard in a classroom and the money is hidden there. I think the money is wrapped in like orange plastic. If I were to guess the movie was 80s or early 90s and it was in color

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072288/reference

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Oh man I literally have no recollection of Eastwood being in that thanks

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

simplefish posted:

It's the start of a film, isn't it? My guess is Ocean's 11

BioTech posted:

This sounds a lot like the "stiften" sketch from Jiskefet, a Dutch comedy group. Wasn't a movie and it is all in Dutch so probably not what you are looking for, but it matches the description perfectly.

I finally remembered. It's from Stripes. The scene where John Candy is teaching the dude how to play, and acting like he is being helpful but basically ripping him off and being all nicey nice "oh yeah isn't this fun?!".

Enjoy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzZNh0P9K38

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

TV question, but there's no ID a TV show for me thread.

What was the 90s Nickelodeon show that was basically their version of Sesame Street?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Pinwheel?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Allegra's Window?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Ah yep, thanks!

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013
Here's one I haven't been able to figure out for over 20 years, assuming it's real and not just a childhood nightmare.

This would have been a movie in the late 70s or early 80s, presumably horror. All I remember about it was a scene of somebody getting attacked, and then a picture of a statue, possibly of Jesus, toppled to the ground and shattered into a bunch of pieces.

(I thought I might have been incorrectly remembering the Exorcist III decapitation scene when I found that, but this was definitely not it, as it would have been around ten years prior to that movie's release.)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I had a random memory pop into my head. Some kind of 70s road movie (something like Every Which Way but Loose) and the main character has what he insists is a dingo. People keep trying to tell him it's not but he says it is because dingoes don't bark. Sure enough near the end it barks at something.

V-- Thanks buddy

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 23, 2013

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I had a random memory pop into my head. Some kind of 70s road movie (something like Every Which Way but Loose) and the main character has what he insists is a dingo. People keep trying to tell him it's not but he says it is because dingoes don't bark. Sure enough near the end it barks at something.

Roadgames I think, and I think the dog/dingo barks at the location of the body near the end.

Yep, dog starts barking at the body at this point:

http://youtu.be/_ILrqv4dbe0?t=1h23m9s

SybilVimes fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 23, 2013

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Grillburg posted:

Here's one I haven't been able to figure out for over 20 years, assuming it's real and not just a childhood nightmare.

This would have been a movie in the late 70s or early 80s, presumably horror. All I remember about it was a scene of somebody getting attacked, and then a picture of a statue, possibly of Jesus, toppled to the ground and shattered into a bunch of pieces.

(I thought I might have been incorrectly remembering the Exorcist III decapitation scene when I found that, but this was definitely not it, as it would have been around ten years prior to that movie's release.)

It's been a looong time, but I think I remember this scene happening in Alice Sweet Alice.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
A teenager or young adult wakes up in bed - but his bed is in the forest, or rather, a clearing in the middle of the forest.

That's all I remember.

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

Red posted:

A teenager or young adult wakes up in bed - but his bed is in the forest, or rather, a clearing in the middle of the forest.

That's all I remember.

Meatballs?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079540/

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

No... fairly certain it was a dream sequence, actually.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Hopefully this fits in with the spirit of this thread. I'm looking for a recognizable movie that has a scene where something bad happens after a character locks their keys in the car. It is for a school project in which we have made a device that will open the trunk when a secret knock is pounded out on the car body (think shave and a haircut). As part of the project, we need to make a promo video for the device. We want to make a spoof of a movie or TV scene where the device can save the day, instantly reversing the original plot and solving an obviously bad situation.

My group was able to come up with some movies that involve people locked in a trunk, like in Hangover or Back to the Future. These might work, but we would prefer something that involves the protagonist getting locked outside the car and missing their wedding or getting stuck with a serial killer or something.

TLDR: Looking for a movie/tv show where the protagonist locks their keys in car and bad things are obviously going to occur because of it. Ideally a scene that the majority of a college class might recognize.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013

Starblind posted:

It's been a looong time, but I think I remember this scene happening in Alice Sweet Alice.

Thanks for trying, but I don't think that's it. I skimmed the movie on YouTube and didn't see the scene I was thinking of unless I missed it.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

taqueso posted:

Hopefully this fits in with the spirit of this thread. I'm looking for a recognizable movie that has a scene where something bad happens after a character locks their keys in the car. It is for a school project in which we have made a device that will open the trunk when a secret knock is pounded out on the car body (think shave and a haircut). As part of the project, we need to make a promo video for the device. We want to make a spoof of a movie or TV scene where the device can save the day, instantly reversing the original plot and solving an obviously bad situation.

My group was able to come up with some movies that involve people locked in a trunk, like in Hangover or Back to the Future. These might work, but we would prefer something that involves the protagonist getting locked outside the car and missing their wedding or getting stuck with a serial killer or something.

TLDR: Looking for a movie/tv show where the protagonist locks their keys in car and bad things are obviously going to occur because of it. Ideally a scene that the majority of a college class might recognize.
Risky Business
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_qFxKqCxLg

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I showed it to the group and they like it, so thanks!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I saw one in middle school that was really low budget. It was something like a couple of kids at an art gallery and the little girl drew a picture of some wizard with an M on his hat. I think they get sucked into a painting or something and end up in medivel times where some jerk wizard is doing stuff. The girls drawing cones alive and is a bumbling dorky Dom Deluise-like wizard with a baseball hat on. Sound familier to anyone?

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Released in the 2000's, set in the 1950's, based on a true story. A girl is adopted by a single mother (her aunt?) and is abused by both her and her sons and I think a neighbor kid. The mother accuses the girl of corrupting her sons and imprisons her in the basement where the mother instructs the boys to rape her. Eventually on of the boys helps her escape.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

The Girl Next Door

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm trying to recall which Western this was. The main thing I can remember is that there was a treasure, probably gold, in a train car that was buried in the desert. There was a big shootout using the train as cover, I think maybe the army was shooting at the protagonists? Any ideas? Searching "western gold train desert" and such isn't helping.

E: I'm pretty sure this was in color, but it was from that period, not recent.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Maybe The Train Robbers?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That looks about right. I'm going to need to watch it again to be sure though, oh no. Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Chard posted:

I'm trying to recall which Western this was. The main thing I can remember is that there was a treasure, probably gold, in a train car that was buried in the desert. There was a big shootout using the train as cover, I think maybe the army was shooting at the protagonists? Any ideas? Searching "western gold train desert" and such isn't helping.

E: I'm pretty sure this was in color, but it was from that period, not recent.

If it's not that one, you might try The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. It has buried gold, a train car, an army, shooting, desert -- though some of the specific details are a bit different than you recall.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

I saw one in middle school that was really low budget. It was something like a couple of kids at an art gallery and the little girl drew a picture of some wizard with an M on his hat. I think they get sucked into a painting or something and end up in medivel times where some jerk wizard is doing stuff. The girls drawing cones alive and is a bumbling dorky Dom Deluise-like wizard with a baseball hat on. Sound familier to anyone?

Honestly.. it vaguely sounds like a 'Goosebumps' episode. I just remember there was like 2 or 3 episodes where kids got sucked into some weird town. One had a weird baseball game ran by a wizard..

And onto my own request..
Ages and ages ago, and we're talking probably mid-late 90's, I remember watching a movie (I'm fairly sure it was a movie or tv movie, not a tv show), involving a man who swallowed a snake while he was sleeping. He woke up and instead of being the normal/happy guy his girlfriend or wife knew, he was now evil!! And that's literally all i remember. The many times i've bought it up to someone they immediately suggest it's Doctor Who, although they can never say for certain, they just say it 'sounds Doctor Who-esque'. Google seems to just bring up real life cases of people swallowing snakes..

Ela fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 29, 2013

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Ela posted:

Ages and ages ago, and we're talking probably mid-late 90's, I remember watching a movie (I'm fairly sure it was a movie or tv movie, not a tv show), involving a man who swallowed a snake while he was sleeping. He woke up and instead of being the normal/happy guy his girlfriend or wife knew, he was now evil!! And that's literally all i remember. The many times i've bought it up to someone they immediately suggest it's Doctor Who, although they can never say for certain, they just say it 'sounds Doctor Who-esque'. Google seems to just bring up real life cases of people swallowing snakes..

Sounds like the American Doctor Who TV movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_%28film%29

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Ela posted:

Honestly.. it vaguely sounds like a 'Goosebumps' episode. I just remember there was like 2 or 3 episodes where kids got sucked into some weird town. One had a weird baseball game ran by a wizard..

Might be Young Sherlock Homes. There's a hallucinatory sequence where I sort of remember that happening, and the Doctor Who-esque comparison holds up.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Uncle Wemus posted:

My guess is an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark featuring the character Sardo, he sounds most the part, and he looked like he had a backwards baseball cap on most of the time. He was in a number of episodes though, and looking at the fan sites is giving me a headache, so I'll let you research past that and see if it's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Red posted:

That's all I remember.

Time Bandits?