Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I think it's just Isaac's habit of "trying to claw his way up from his position as club mascot by undermining my authority."

(He means to dance on Spender's grave)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Hey wait a minute, can't ghosts use ~spectral energy~? Clearly PJ has some rad powers to be uncovered.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fecha posted:

Hey wait a minute, can't ghosts use ~spectral energy~? Clearly PJ has some rad powers to be uncovered.
He has the power of making creepy smiles.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

quote:

Who would win in a fight Goku or Batman. The answer is who cares

The best guy in comics.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gandalf vs. Optimus Primal is the really important issue here.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
In any of these "geeky franchise character vs. geeky franchise character" fights, the winner is always the bookmaker.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Max Dad remains Best Dad.

Also Max seems to be spectraling up pretty quick.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sext or Meme your friends today!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I do love how he stops because he realizes he is some sorta weird psychic/spectral.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Completely unfounded speculation: Max's dad actually knows this town is weird and had a supernatural-related reason for moving there.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Fecha posted:

Completely unfounded speculation: Max's dad actually knows this town is weird and had a supernatural-related reason for moving there.

To escape the ghost of his dead wife telling him to do the dishes, laundry, and for trespassing on his dad joke territory by always telling those awful ghost puns.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fecha posted:

Completely unfounded speculation: Max's dad actually knows this town is weird and had a paranatural-related reason for moving there.

:colbert:

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

It's his hometown.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Well yeah but we don't know exactly why he moved them there, although it might have just been related to losing his wife.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fecha posted:

Well yeah but we don't know exactly why he moved them there, although it might have just been related to losing his wife.

It could also be that he's an irresponsible manchild who did it because he felt like it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Max doesn't yet know he apparently can no longer leave town except by the Ghost Train or Doorman, it would seem. Gonna be awkward.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Max doesn't yet know he apparently can no longer leave town except by the Ghost Train or Doorman, it would seem. Gonna be awkward.

He's just going to go wander around in the woods for a few hours then meet his dad on the turnpike outside town to get picked up, what's so weird about that?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tenebrais posted:

It could also be that he's an irresponsible manchild who did it because he felt like it. relatively recently widower who's lost the woman he loved so decided to move back home in attempt to brighten up his life and move his children away from the constant reminders of life pre-dead mom.

Dude's a good dad trying to do his best. Don't be lovely :colbert:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dude's a good dad trying to do his best. Don't be lovely :colbert:
Didn't she die 5 years ago?

e: I don't mean "It's been 5 years he's totally over it," more that if Max's mom's death was the trigger it's a bit of a delayed reaction.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It doesn't seem like he's entirely over it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Splicer posted:

Didn't she die 5 years ago?

e: I don't mean "It's been 5 years he's totally over it," more that if Max's mom's death was the trigger it's a bit of a delayed reaction.

Can't just get up and move man. Plans had to be made, convenient stores have to be bought.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm wondering if he went to Mayview specifically so he could get spectral'd up to talk to his dead wife.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
drat these pages hiding his hands. I wanna see if he's still wearing the ring!

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:

The Leper Colon V posted:

drat these pages hiding his hands. I wanna see if he's still wearing the ring!

Looks like No.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Max's dad in the last three panels, I am dying here. Good avatar material as a bonus. Anyway, I'm wondering if a ghost wielding a tool is forbidden or taboo or something, and Spender will freak at Max (with great facial expressions, of course). Probably not, but hey, idle speculation and all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aww. :smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Turns out Friday's alt text wasn't lying.

Also, poor Spender. He just wants people to think he's cool. But they never do.

They never do.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
This is one of those pages that is so goddamn funny I wish to share it with others, but would require those others to read the whole thing, which I try to get them to do anyways.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

rotinaj posted:

I think Spender is ultra cool.

Sorry.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 25, 2013

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Spender is so completely lame he circles right back into coolguy territory. It's actually quite impressive.

It's all about attitude, man.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Spender :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat it, nerds. :colbert: Look at that car. Dude is so cool.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

quote:

Oh god he thinks he’s cool

haha, and max's dad did drop the cash register :allears:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The little dragon blinded by the headlights is so adorable.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Those worm guys seem to think his car is cool.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I bet Spender and Max's dad know each other. I bet they're around the same age and grew up in Mayview together. I bet there's going to be a whole plot point about them being embarrassing knobs together.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dr. Buttass posted:

I bet Spender and Max's dad know each other. I bet they're around the same age and grew up in Mayview together. I bet there's going to be a whole plot point about them being embarrassing knobs incredibly awesome together.
I concur wholeheartedly!

That or we're going to see a repeat of the "It's OK to have standards" scene.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Spender is just such a tryhard, it's almost endearing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Of course Spender's car's windshield and windows would form a pair of sunglasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Did we get some kind of confirmation that spectrals can't cross the Mayview boarder? I was under the impression that they wouldn't be affected by it, much like a spirit could cross if possessing a tool.