Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I was sad there was no accounting joke but quitting that place again was pretty hilarious as-is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fog licker
Dec 3, 2005

I'm half-machine!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I want to see this whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX7bxbSKLl8

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Holy poo poo, 'The Cones of Dunshire' was the best episode in a long, long time, and it's a satisfying relief because I was beginning to forget how formidable the show is when at the top of its game.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've always wanted a cabin in the woods.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Knightmare posted:

I was sad there was no accounting joke but quitting that place again was pretty hilarious as-is.

Those jokes aren't the same if Andy isn't around to laugh really, really hard at them

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

Rob Lowe's reactions just had me rolling. He is so personable. I want to be his buddy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shock Trooper posted:

Those jokes aren't the same if Andy isn't around to laugh really, really hard at them
I think the episodes have been great but man do I miss Andy.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
How many more episodes are we getting with Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Naet posted:

How many more episodes are we getting with Rob Lowe and Rashida Jones?

I can't remember exactly but I want to say that the announcement was that they were going to be around for 13. If that's true, there are four more episodes with them remaining.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I loved the calzone callback. :allears:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

drat you twitter

Well this one is kinda funny

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 22, 2013

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ahaha, I love those. Have a source?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's the latest Jimmy Kimmel video on his youtube page

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpOEO2gUekE

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Ron talking about Moby Dick was my favorite part of both episodes. "Metaphors? I hate metaphors. That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No froo froo symbolism. Just a good, simple tale about a man who hates an animal."

e: I am bad at typing quotes from memory.

Winkle-Daddy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 22, 2013

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

hcreight posted:

The comments section is hilarious. People citing numerous links to studies showing water fluoridation to be safe and effective, with responses from anti-fluoridation posters full of name calling and baseless accusations that they don't back up. Much like a Pawnee town hall meeting!

As a Portland citizen, it was pointless giving any scientific or medical backing because they had their own faux studies to 'prove' their side. It was especially infuriating as a scientist, ugh.

Next year I will push for #TDAZZLE or #H2flow. Or both.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I fuckin love Jamm and I hope he keeps making appearances.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Giant Bomb fans... pay attention to who wrote the Mark Ruffalo tweet. :psyduck:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I fuckin love Jamm and I hope he keeps making appearances.

That smug-rear end little face he pulls whenever he says something he thinks is funny kills me every time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jon Glaser has a well documented coke habit, so he'll be in every episode he possibly can be.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

victorious posted:

That smug-rear end little face he pulls whenever he says something he thinks is funny kills me every time.

The giant chess pieces he used just so he could yell CHECKMATE with visual representation was incredible.

I don't understand how this show can have every one of its characters be memorable no matter how small the role they've had. Like jesus, Craig has been in only 2 episodes and he's amazing

Royality
Jun 27, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Jon Glaser has a well documented coke habit, so he'll be in every episode he possibly can be.

In a way this makes his Jamm even better but I don't know why.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only recently started watching The League and now I realize practically everyone on that show was on Parks and Rec. Ira and The Douche, the Kaboom! guy, Dennis Feinstein, and there must be one other. Aziz Ansari also guest starred on the recent finale of The League. Though he pretty much played Tom Haverford.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So are we gonna get an officially licensed Cones of Dunshire game or what

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Mu Zeta posted:

I only recently started watching The League and now I realize practically everyone on that show was on Parks and Rec. Ira and The Douche, the Kaboom! guy, Dennis Feinstein, and there must be one other. Aziz Ansari also guest starred on the recent finale of The League. Though he pretty much played Tom Haverford.

http://www.imdb.com/search/name?roles=tt1480684,tt1266020

Lots of overlap between the two. Which might be why they're so great.

Macaluso posted:

I don't understand how this show can have every one of its characters be memorable no matter how small the role they've had. Like jesus, Craig has been in only 2 episodes and he's amazing

Someone mentioned it a few pages back, but it's like the Simpsons. I think it's that they go out of their way to develop each character beyond a simple running joke.

The show stands up to a re-watch pretty well, I've kept noticing stuff I didn't the first (or second (or third, or fourth...))) time. When we see Ron after he discovers Chris has been grilling mushrooms, Chris is checking his pulse. Donna's checking out some guy's "Pizza with sausage costume" at one of the Halloween parties. The guy asks Andy for mints at the Snakehole is the same one who's angry about the nearest Paunch Burger being 20 minutes away.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Macaluso posted:

The giant chess pieces he used just so he could yell CHECKMATE with visual representation was incredible.

They do a really good job with bringing characters back compared to most shows. I don't feel like they're forcing minor characters into situations, or bringing them back way too often just because they're popular with fans of the show. (e.g. the most recent It's Always Sunny season finale)

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
The 2nd episode this week I think may be my favorite episode of this entire series. So funny with probably the greatest callback (The nerd company Ben keeps toying with). Only thing that matches it is the episode Patton Oswalt fillibustered the Star Wars plot, though both episodes are better due to the extended clips on youtube (Fillibuster, Grease Kareo-ke)

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
I honestly want Ben to just stay with the accountants I would watch that forever. Really its depressing but Ben is the friend I always wish I had.

Sulphuric Sundae
Feb 10, 2006

You can't go in there.
Your father is dead.
I almost screeched with joy when the accounting firm showed back up and I had to rewind and watch their first scene in the episode again. I think Barney's been my favorite small recurring character since the first time he showed up making bad puns in his accounting class. The fact that the whole office loves Ben almost as much as he does is just beautiful.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Goddamn, when this show is on, it's really on.

I was watching old episodes and this one just added to my love of seeing Leslie and Tom work together. They make such a great team. Also, I hope we get a few more Ann/April scenes before Rashida Jones leaves.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Weird that Ann wasn't in either of those episodes (that I can remember).

But yeah, good stuff. I am surprised at how well the show holds up without Andy. When they take Chris Traeger out too, it's going to hurt. :smith:

By the way, is flouride in water supplies really a real thing? This is the first I've heard of it. It DOES sound bad! (I only know flouride is in toothpaste and conspiracy theories)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

VagueRant posted:

But yeah, good stuff. I am surprised at how well the show holds up without Andy. When they take Chris Traeger out too, it's going to hurt. :smith:

By the way, is flouride in water supplies really a real thing? This is the first I've heard of it. It DOES sound bad! (I only know flouride is in toothpaste and conspiracy theories)
Fluoridated water is very common, the majority of the UK and the USA have it as well as loads of other countries

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

VagueRant posted:

Back in the 40's we discovered an area of the US that had naturally occurring fluoride in the water. The people living there had no cavities. And horribly stained teeth. We figured out that at 1-2 PPM fluoride prevented cavities but didn't stain. I'm the 50s it became the single most effective public health move ever. Jamm wasn't lying when he said the non-fluoridated water was keeping him in his Porsche. Because of the red scare, stupid people also thought it was a communist attempt to control minds.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

That's why I only drink rainwater and pure-grain alcohol.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

That's why I only drink rainwater and pure-grain alcohol.

If there were ever a purpose for a :ronswanson: emote, this is it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

VagueRant posted:

Yes, and it's an incredibly helpful thing. It would be bad for you if there was too much of it in the water, but you could say that about anything, and I've never actually heard of an issue of a city adding too much by mistake/technical foul up. It's also disproportionately helpful to the poorest people in society which the bleeding heart lefty in me loves.

We had it here for the first 20 years of my life, before the idiots got all jumped up and removed it because they didn't want to pay a measly $6M to perform required updates.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Ugh, I remember those fluoride rinses in elementary school. I wonder if that poo poo still goes on.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I can't believe no one called out the shirt Leslie was wearing while at Jamm's

"You got jammed in the mouth

At Jamm Orthodontics"

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

WoG posted:

Ugh, I remember those fluoride rinses in elementary school. I wonder if that poo poo still goes on.

My elementary school had them too. Kids rarely opted out, which makes the anti-fluoridation crowd all the more frustrating. I've only had a few cavities in my life, so thanks partially maybe, weekly fluoride time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Such amazing episodes! America you're bad and should feel bad for more of you not watching this show. Parks and Rec is a thousand times better then BBT.

• Locked thread