Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

^^^ Terezi's in already, she's into the whole coolkid thing.

Angry Walrus posted:

500 dollars for a stupid jacket.

The sad part is that I know people will actually shell out that much.

Namco made the right call bringing in Hussie for his fandom with zero hesitation to empty their purses.

It's 250$ for the jacket, since that's on top of the 250$ package where you get a class ring and diploma, which is 150$ over the 100$ package with the messenger bag, which is 50$ over the one where you get the t-shirt, sticker and pin, which finally is 35$ over the full-game package.

Which are all pretty insane prices if you're not a raving fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Letterman jackets are boring. I wouldn't mind having that scalemate hoodie Terezi has, though.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I would throw a lot of money at a scalemate hoodie.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dolash posted:

which finally is 35$ over the full-game package.
Which, contrarily to all the other junk, actually has an adequate price for the one item in it that might be worth spending money:

quote:

Deluxe Pak: All the dateable Namco Bandai Games characters, all three of the Homestuck characters, plus digital soundtrack, wallpapers, and avatar set. Price: $14.95

Of course there's no preview of the soundtrack yet, but good thing is that this isn't one of the silly "preorder only" items, so one can wait until it's available to judge before buying.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wonder Turbine posted:

Ahahaha holy poo poo. Looks like they're pulling out all the stops for this.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/17/5114906/namco-high-premium-content-packages-detailed

Looks like Terezi will be DLC for anyone who's uncomfortable with dating a Homestuck character. On the other hand, there will be plenty of merch available to those who really want to get into character - look, just look at the article, I couldn't make this poo poo up if I tried.

Still in disbelief that something like this exists.

I have no idea what to think.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SynthOrange posted:

I have no idea what to think.

Think about how hilarious it must be to Andrew that Namco is giving him top billing on a marquee product on their big cross-platform marketing vehicle, and they're presumably paying him for the privilege.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Two new character for Namco High. Looks like the total number of characters has increased. I'm just mentioning this because I'm happy that Gigi is going to be doing the art for Mr.Driller.

senseinobu fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 19, 2013

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARRJ_-mBnpU

New trailer!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Okay, there's no way that's not ironic now, right.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No please make it stop. I can't take it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is their movie even going to be about?

Random, half remembered, scenes from Homestuck acted out in random illsuited places while hopefully drunk?

This is just the worst kind of awkward and Oh Jesus Christ this is SweetBro and HellaJeff's take on Homestuck isn't it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Titty Hero posted:

Okay, there's no way that's not ironic now, right.

Expect them to claim as much whenever they look back on it in the future.

Edit: VVVV Yeah, it's probably good to remember we were all dumb enough to think something like this would be a good idea at some point.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 19, 2013

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
I'm really glad I made it through adolescence before pervasive broadband and digital video was a thing.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fuuuuuuuck I thought it was a trailer for the game (either of them) or something :negative:

drat you rickonix, just.. god drat.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

senseinobu posted:

Two new character for Namco High. Looks like the total number of characters has increased. I'm just mentioning this because I'm happy that Gigi is going to be doing the art for Mr.Driller.

And Nimona's Noelle Stevenson is doing the other new character. They've certainly recruited a lot of talent. Contrarily to that homesuck fan movie, which is just embarrassing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
No. No! NO! Stop it! Stop it, please! I beg you! No more!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Well this is certainly a thing I wish didn't exist.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
I don't think there's anything wrong with them making their fan movie. It's their time and money, they like Homestuck, they're presumably having fun. Whatever.

The problem is they think that the rest of the world should know about it.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
That is the greatest thing to come out of the hiatus. It puts to shame all that wink-wink nudge-nudge terribleness of something like a Namco dating sim. It's completely earnest in its terribleness, and borders the line between hilarious and agonizing from humiliation by proxy. I can't wait for more.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Well hey, that shot for shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark was good fun, surely this one could be earnestly charming, right? Right? :suicide:

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 20, 2013

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

whowhatwhere posted:

Well hey, that poo poo for shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark was good fun, surely this one could be earnestly charming, right? Right? :suicide:
That just reminded me of the Star Wars fan movie where different people shot 30 seconds at a time and they edited it together.

That actually seems like the best way to do a SBaHJ movie, now that I think about it.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Almost perfect. Once you get all the submissions you do something somewhat differently. You take them all, just randomly name the video files, randomly sort it. That is the movie order. Just go for how many files you need for the specific time, and then you're done. Possibly duplicate a few of the files in.

And you've got the sequels all set.

Just do whatever it was Alpha version of Dave did with all those movie names/titles. Can't recall the specifics. Wasn't it essentially all of them had the same name, each theater got different versions and such? And how they weren't even released in order?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
So, got my 2014 calendar today.

They removed Nicholas Cage and Guy Fieri's birthdays. That is cause for sadness. In their stead, anniversaries for the posting of significant flash animations are marked (curiously missing [S] John: Take bite of apple), and a few other significant events are noted. The calendar also takes care to remind us that Fedorafreak exists and that when we last saw him, he died on his quest bed. The front and back covers are by far my favorite artwork of the lot, but on the whole all the individual months look really good. There aren't any weird pieces that feel completely out of place (like February 2014 and March 2012), and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about that.

Anyway overall I grade it A+++++++ would buy again

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Hey! Guess who has two thumbs and didn't last more than 7 seconds of that trailer? *this guy*

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

RickoniX posted:

New trailer!

If they release this as a comedy they'll have a hit on their hands.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kgummy posted:

Just do whatever it was Alpha version of Dave did with all those movie names/titles. Can't recall the specifics. Wasn't it essentially all of them had the same name, each theater got different versions and such? And how they weren't even released in order?

I just looked this up, because I really liked this part and wanted to get it right.

quote:

TT: Which was the last you saw?
GT: Well there was sbahj the movovie and sbahj the the film...
GT: Oh yeah and sbahaj the movle. I think sbahj the moive is still in production right?
GT: But honestly i get confused about which particular misspelling is attributed to which film or even if im getting the misspellings right.
TT: The key to sorting it all out is to understand it doesn't actually matter.
TT: Through video streaming services he would frequently set it up so that buying a certain title would ship you the wrong film.
TT: And often titles for movies were available for sale that just straight up didn't exist. Or would be sold for dollar amounts that made no sense, like $2.890.1. And sometimes buying a download would actually deposit money into your account instead of deducting from it.
TT: It was all part of the "experience."

EDIT: Also, I don't know when this happened (I know they weren't always there), but the acts have names in the story map. There seems to be a fondness of completley irrelevant funny phrases for titles when you get into Act 6.

A1: "The Note Desolation Plays"
A2: "Raise of the Conductor's Baton"
A3: "Insane Corkscrew Haymakers"
INTERMISSION: "Don't bleed on the suits."
A4: "Flight of the Paradox Clones"
A5A1: "MOB1US DOUBL3 R34CH4ROUND"
A5A2: "He is already here."
A6A1: "Through Broken Glass"
A6I1: "corpse party"
A6A2: "Your poo poo is wrecked."
A6I2: "penis ouija"
A6A3: "Nobles"
A6I3: "Ballet of the Dancestors"
A6A4: "Void"
A6I4: "Dead"
A6A5: "Of Gods And Tricksters"
A6I5: "I'M PUTTING YOU ON SPEAKER CRAB."

...poo poo, that is a lot when you list thme like that.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 20, 2013

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Nothing we didn't already know, but I love Andrew Hussie's way with words:

quote:

Here Is A Thing That Is Happening

This is a dating sim I've been working on with Namco Bandai's ShiftyLook where you can guide the romantic fortunes of all your favorite classic video game charact... wait. What? You're confused? I can't imagine why. But ok, I'll start at the beginning.

A while ago, ShiftyLook, which is a Namco Bandai jam, asked me if I wanted to work on a project for them. It could be anything. I said that sounds cool. Except that I already had a lot to do, so maybe it wasn't realistic. But they said that's no problem. All I had to do was assemble an elite team of writers, artists, and programmers, and tell them what to do. If I pulled together a crack squad of loyal creatives, they would HAVE to do what I said, no matter how little sense it made. So I said that sounds good. I thought about it really hard, for three of the most intellectually excruciating seconds of my life. Then I said we should make a dating sim. I mean. Obviously.

They said, are you sure that's a good idea? I said, hey who do you think is in charge here? They said they were. I said, oh, right. But it didn't matter. In the confusion, my pitch had somehow been approved due to a clerical error in Japan. Then I shouted suckers and fell backwards out of the airplane.

While tumbling magnificently back to Earth, I pulled the vintage rolodex out of my horsehair fannypack, and began recruiting the best of the best. And so my team was convened. They were waiting for me below with the trampoline thing firefighters use. They watched as the Hussie stunt-mannequin gently descended, and then exploded with unexpected confetti. I then revealed that I had been waiting there with them for the last several hours, wearing a disguise, straddling my most famous horse. I introduced myself, and they graciously pretended they didn't know it was me all along. (I repeat. Best of the best.) I then clapped my hands and rubbed them together a lot and said, who's ready to make some NOISE in the dating sim genre? Who's ready to DO SOME DAMAGE? Nobody knew what to say to that, so I pressed on valiantly. I think I know what the people want, I said. What they WANT, is to be able to manipulate their favorite classic video game characters into a variety of lurid but safe-for-work romantic encounters. What they WANT, for instance, is to cajole a cute Katamari into some sort of kissing situation with the spaceship from Galaga. Are you ready to GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT? They erupted into applause and began chanting my name, and they haven't stopped since.

Namco High comes out probably some time next month.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh man, it comes out next month? I can not WAIT to date some VIDEO GAMES and HOMESTUCKS.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I am somewhat ambivalent about dating a video game and will probably give it a miss.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Seoinin posted:

I am somewhat ambivalent about dating a video game and will probably give it a miss.

But what about dating Homestucks.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Titty Hero posted:

Oh man, it comes out next month? I can not WAIT to date some VIDEO GAMES and HOMESTUCKS.

Soon, Galaga-sama... soon. :swoon:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Titty Hero posted:

But what about dating Homestucks.

Homestucks are a video game, ergo

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Being exclusively a PC gamer, I'm afraid the Namco Bandai offering doesn't actually include any of my favorite video game characters. Now, if it had the robot bear, paddle, and enemies from Pop Corn... :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyATes2_wqU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I am all about dating video games and Homestucks. Hopefully it's as funny as dating pigeons.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I'm going to have a threesome with a rocket ship and a drum or die trying.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
WHY IS PAC-MAN NOT A CHARACTER

I WANT PAC-MAN AND GALAGA SHIP TO HAVE A BABY

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I WANT PAC-MAN AND GALAGA SHIP TO HAVE A BABY

Honestly, with their picks so far you're more likely to get the cherries from Pac-Man rather than the eponymous hero. Maybe one of the ghosts.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
That poo poo is going to be loving ~magical~.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Three new characters and artists were announced, by the way. Nemu*nemu's artist is doing Blue Max from Sky Kid, Omocat's doing Hirmomi from Burning Force, and Boxer Hockey's artist is doing Amazona from Wonder Momo. I don't know any of those franchises, but I know Omocat and the Boxer Hockey guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

JohnnyCanuck posted:

The studio working with Hussie is Namco Bandai's "hey, let's try to build a market / following for our old properties that we haven't gotten much out of lately". They throw money at making webcomics of said franchises or making minor tie-in games etc.

The list of properties they maintain is exactly the list included in the game thus far. Pacman is not one of their number.

Zorak fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 24, 2013