Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

McDragon posted:

Finally got round to seeing the latest Toast. Only just started it, but Clem Fandango makes me laugh every single time.

Fake edit: ahaha, he's a loving Doctor Who alien now

Real edit: this is the best episode yet!

Everyone go and watch the final episode, it's on 4od now - Ray Purchase is in it, and there's a scene of them both doing voice-over work which is utterly loving hysterical. God I hope this gets a second series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hey, guys. What's Numberwang?

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 4, 2014

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

7!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

CobiWann posted:

THAT'S Numberwang.

(But really, in case you're not making a joke, it's a nonsensical gameshow invented on sketch show "That Mitchell and Webb Look". It's just a confusing gameshow with apparently no real rules.)

And yeah, Man Down is fantastic, but I'm biased because I love Greg Davies in anything.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Try watching the History of Numberwang https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6NY4Kl8Ms

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
What worries me is that the German version of Numberwang makes perfect sense to me.

We've also taken to saying, 'Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango' around the house when exasperated with one another. Absolutely gobsmacked that Carol Cleveland was in Sunday's Toast.

Also my husband is British, and though he giggles with abandon at Matt Berry's pronunciation, he refuses to adopt it as part of his every day speech :argh: Oh, except for asking 'Some televisual pleasure?' in the evenings (we're wending our way through The Prisoner and Curb Your Enthusiasm at the moment.)

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
When he was doing the voice over of the bees I lost it. Just thinking about it makes me giggle like a toddler.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

If you like Matt Berry radio samples (and who doesn't) he pretty much does the same thing as Toast does for Absolute 80s radio station. It was good enough before Toast of London started but the recording scenes add a whole level of enjoyment to my radio listening now.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

'You don't mind if I wear my sport vest?'

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
As part of the Cold War Season BBC4 is rebroadcasting the Alex Guinness Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. It's good. For the pilot episode you could play duelling Smilies with Film 4 who were showing the 2011 version.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 20, 2013

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Profanity posted:

Everyone go and watch the final episode, it's on 4od now - Ray Purchase is in it, and there's a scene of them both doing voice-over work which is utterly loving hysterical. God I hope this gets a second series.
Actual real Micheal Ball as hitman/enforcer/money collector, awesome!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ms Boods posted:

'You don't mind if I wear my sport vest?'

No love to Toast and his one man band tribute to The Specials?

I'm really hoping it gets a 2nd series. Was pretty good. Also, is Man Down also over?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

No love to Toast and his one man band tribute to The Specials?

I'm really hoping it gets a 2nd series. Was pretty good. Also, is Man Down also over?

I'm still trying to recover from the dual voice over session between Toast and Ray Purchase.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Was just nosing around the iPlayer, and they have Cagney and loving Lacey on demand. I imagine there is some poor bastard on an apprenticeship sat there, clutching an old video tape next to a vcr waiting for an interested party to click on it. Are you being served is sadly not available for all your prancing homosexuality and pussy needs.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Trickjaw posted:

Was just nosing around the iPlayer, and they have Cagney and loving Lacey on demand. I imagine there is some poor bastard on an apprenticeship sat there, clutching an old video tape next to a vcr waiting for an interested party to click on it. Are you being served is sadly not available for all your prancing homosexuality and pussy needs.

Are You Being Served is on immediately after Cagney&Lacey every afternoon on BBC 2 and that is followed by 'Allo 'Allo! Great stuff.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did anyone watch thread-favourite Jack Whitehall's new talk show with his influential dad side-kick? I saw a trailer for it where Paxman was slouching away like a contemptuous invertebrate.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

slouching away like a contemptuous invertebrate.

This is an amazing image and I need to find a way to work it into conversation tomorrow. Glorious, thank you. But I didn't see the Jack Whitehall thing, because he is now and forever JP from Fresh Meat in my heart and I don't want it to be spoiled by seeing him in anything else, if possible.

I watched Tudor Farm instead, and felt horribly smug to be living in a time period where central heating has been invented. Also, feel very grateful that I don't need to know how to give dirty sheep a bath, or figure out how to put shoes on a very angry goose.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did anyone watch thread-favourite Jack Whitehall's new talk show with his influential dad side-kick? I saw a trailer for it where Paxman was slouching away like a contemptuous invertebrate.

Is that the advert where his da says something along the lines of "I've never met a cockney I've liked"? Because from that it looked poo poo.

e: looks like I'm going to watch it because it's on in my house and I've got no control over the doofer.

ee: It's like it was written to be a funny interview-type show and then someone said "how about some sketches?" and the sketches are rubbish, it doesn't work like this imo.

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 20, 2013

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Irisi posted:

I watched Tudor Farm instead, and felt horribly smug to be living in a time period where central heating has been invented. Also, feel very grateful that I don't need to know how to give dirty sheep a bath, or figure out how to put shoes on a very angry goose.

We may be the only people watching it. That goose's eye as it was having its booties fitted screamed "I will eviscerate you."

They were braver than me, I was chased by a swan once and nearly poo poo meself.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

onoflalks posted:

Is that the advert where his da says something along the lines of "I've never met a cockney I've liked"? Because from that it looked poo poo.

e: looks like I'm going to watch it because it's on in my house and I've got no control over the doofer.

ee: It's like it was written to be a funny interview-type show and then someone said "how about some sketches?" and the sketches are rubbish, it doesn't work like this imo.

Honestly, I feel it would be BETTER if they just took Jack's dad out of it. It was alright, but his dad was the worst aspect by a large margin. He has NO comic timing at all.

I know he's supposed to be the straight guy to Jack, but all that happens is he blows the entire routine by jumping in too soon or too late.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There was a time, before BBC4's Storyville, that I went to documentaries. They're currently showing Blackfish, barely out of the cinema, and a good watch if you want to see an Orca eat a person.
e: and then there's a Peter Greenaway film on Film4 afterwards so today's a good day I guess.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 21, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I watched Blackfish.

Jeeeeesus. :stare:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

VogeGandire posted:

I watched Blackfish.

Jeeeeesus. :stare:

Poor Tilikum, you might have eaten that dude's genitals, but you had your reasons

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I wonder if there was a single person who didn't say "jesus" repeatedly at Blackfish. The trainer keeping his cool as a whale tried to drown him, a man being crushed, an arm with a second elbow, a pool filling with blood from a fatally wounded orca, and then a Seaworld executive claiming that the whales are perfectly fine, and if they're not, it's for the greater good anyway.

Mr. Squishy posted:

e: and then there's a Peter Greenaway film on Film4 afterwards so today's a good day I guess.

e update: they cut in the first advert break mid-way through a line of dialogue so gently caress it.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I got made to watch Blackfish about two months ago by some friends instead of going to the pub or watching something funny and I've still not quite recovered from the depression it induced.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wonder if there was a single person who didn't say "jesus" repeatedly at Blackfish. The trainer keeping his cool as a whale tried to drown him, a man being crushed, an arm with a second elbow, a pool filling with blood from a fatally wounded orca, and then a Seaworld executive claiming that the whales are perfectly fine, and if they're not, it's for the greater good anyway.

God, the executive was the worst part. "We have no reason to believe that they're a danger to anyone".

TILIKUM HAS KILLED THREE PEOPLE YOU DAFT PRICK

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I watched it on iPlayer last night after Squishy posted about it. That scene with the bald fella was excruciating, but the scene after they took the orca's baby was the worst bit.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I completely missed this, but Him and Her is back. A bit hit or miss in this thread, but I've always loved it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, Blackfish sounds like exactly the sort of thing I don't want to watch ever. But if you watched it and want cheering up, go check out Animal Odd Couples. It was on last night and it's on the iPlayer now and it is adorable. It's all wonderful, but here's two good bits: 1: A cat adopts some ducklings. 2: There's a bear and a tiger and a lion and they're best friends and have been since they were cubs. :3: Also if you've ever seen those pictures of an Orangutan with a pet dog, they went to visit him as well. He can swim too, proper breast stroke and everything.

Actually, to be honest if I was going to describe all the best bits I'd just end up giving a blow-by-blow account. I'll link it so you've got no excuse not to watch it. Unless you're some kind of soulless monster. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03jp47m/Animal_Odd_Couples_Episode_1/

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

I completely missed this, but Him and Her is back. A bit hit or miss in this thread, but I've always loved it.

The lead actors just own their roles so completely, it's amazing. They're so awkward and painfully real and sweet, all at once. Plus Laura, the sister is gloriously monstrous.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Irisi posted:

The lead actors just own their roles so completely, it's amazing. They're so awkward and painfully real and sweet, all at once. Plus Laura, the sister is gloriously monstrous.

Yeah, just watched episode 1 (2 is on iplayer already). Interesting change of format, looking forward to the rest.

Laura has been the vilest, most despicable person on TV for a few years now. She's amazing.

StrawmanUK
Aug 16, 2008
I love Him and Her but showing the characters outside the flat just seems *wrong*!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I am enjoying Him And Her once more, something good is building up with it

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 23, 2013

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

Junkenstein posted:

Yeah I slagged off Him and Her in this thread once and it's one of my biggest regrets. Awesome 1st two episodes - the end of the 1st is even better if you had no idea about the baldy feller's stuffy old fuckbuddy

Roidweiser
Sep 10, 2003
Huuuuuur catchphrases are fun, and cats huurrr
You know what guys? I think I'm actually starting to miss the unscripted, time filling, come home drunk, late night, impossible to win, ITV quiz shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhk8jx_XVuQ

Much more entertaining than the constant roulette that's on now.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

I'd take them back if only so I could organise an "is it ghostbusters 2" marathon.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Roidweiser posted:

You know what guys? I think I'm actually starting to miss the unscripted, time filling, come home drunk, late night, impossible to win, ITV quiz shows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhk8jx_XVuQ

Much more entertaining than the constant roulette that's on now.

What the holy hell was that. Did they put a phoneline into a secure unit or something? :stare:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Dr. Sexy might be making the next Star Trek film...

quote:

He does say that Abrams is in the UK right now, in pre-production on Star Wars in advance of next spring's commencement of shooting at Pinewood Studios outside London. And that, by the by, the director/producer is not relinquishing Star Trek duties completely – the American has been in talks with Joe Cornish (of Adam & Joe comedy repute, but more pertinently, director of Attack the Block) about the Londoner helming the third instalment of the recent series.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...od-8957774.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

Dr. Sexy might be making the next Star Trek film...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...od-8957774.html

To give him his dues, Attack the Block was fantastic.