Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
So, er, could someone sum up what transpired of this? We finally have a new persona game in the tubes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm still kinda half convinced the new guy in Arena is tied into P5. The way he calls himself a criminal, and those ball and chain chairs... and his bright red hair. Rival character? Gets-his-own-character-arc main villain?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Krad posted:

"You are slave. Want emancipation?"

Now I'm thinking that P5 is about 5 terminally ill people that escape to the shadow world to save themselves but they find out it was really the shadows that was making them and others sick all along.

It's really about the underground railroad and how a group of negro high school students saved the South.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Megami Tensei Megathread: You are slave. Want emancipation? Persona 5 announced.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Iceclaw posted:

So, er, could someone sum up what transpired of this? We finally have a new persona game in the tubes?

Yep, Persona 5 officially announced, release date in Winter of next year. Also a dancing game, a weird Etrian Odyssey-like Persona 3+4 game (which i'll be buying the poo poo out of), and Arena Ultimax but whatever.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Iceclaw posted:

We have 4, 3 of which are new.

Persona 4 U2, which is basically Persona 4 Arena's sequel

A dance game on vita

A 3DS dungeon crawler with the cast of both P3 and P4

And a teaser for Persona 5, which is coming winter 2014.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Also, we hardly know more about P5 now than we did an hour ago.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Well, we know the theme color is going to be red, at least. So there's that.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Iceclaw posted:

Three new games announced and some updates on the P4: Arena version upgrade.

Game 1: Persona Q, an Etrian Odyssey style dungeon crawler featuring the casts of Persona 3 and Persona 4. Chibi art style.
Game 2: A Persona 4 rhythm game
Game 3: Persona 5

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Thanks guys. And P5 is PS3 only? drat it, ATLUS, Catherine showed you that Xbox owners love you too!

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

The way that the chairs look and are lined up in the image on the p5 website suggests a classroom... So, continuation of school setting very likely?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Woah, that actually IS a big announcement. I thought it would be P5 and that's it.

That said PS3 in 2015 are they for real

Iceclaw posted:

Thanks guys. And P5 is PS3 only? drat it, ATLUS, Catherine showed you that Xbox owners love you too!

I think the bigger issue is that by the time this is out in English I won't have a PS3 hooked up anymore. PS4 doesn't play PS3 games. They would have already announced it if it was crossbuy with PS4/Vita I think.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

A lot's changed in Japan since then. But it's not like some games announced as PS3 exclusive in Japan weren't multi platform in the west.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

School is prison, you are a slave to the system.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv160157217

This is the follow up video coming up shortly. They're calling it a "Floor Guide"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Colleges have chairs too you guys

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

Yeah, but that's optional. Highschool can be viewed as slavery in a sense, being forced to go every day and not being able to leave.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Rinkles posted:

Maybe p5 will be a fiery indictment of college hookup culture conveyed through social links.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Terper posted:

School is prison, you are a slave to the system.

Deadman Wonderland: The Game.

Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Woah, that actually IS a big announcement. I thought it would be P5 and that's it.

PS4 isn't even out in Japan yet so yeah probably.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Persona 4 came out on PS2 in 2008, 2 years after the launch of PS3 soooo

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
There are a lot of mad people on the Internet right now.

And I love it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Persona 4 came out on PS2 in 2008, 2 years after the launch of PS3 soooo

PS2 hadn't overstayed its welcome for 2 years to begin with like the ps3 though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

PS2 hadn't overstayed its welcome for 2 years to begin with like the ps3 though.

Yeah, no. None of the current-gen console sare going to outstay their welcome until the next gen has a healthy selection of games and a larger install base. There are a lot more PS3 owners than PS4 owners.

This generation is long in the tooth but the new generation is still at least a year off from being established and further still from everyone giving up their last-gen consoles entirely.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
That whole stream was quite a wild ride. Seeing the hilarious overreactions some of the people watching the stream I was watching only added to it.

Would have been cool to see more about P5, but I can't complain. Even that short little trailer was pretty cool.

It's 2014, not 2015. Granted, it'd probably be longer for the English version but given how short a wait there was for SMT IV, maybe not that long of one.

Edit: Well maybe not for Europe, since they still don't have SMT IV. But Sega has a EU branch, so maybe they'll pick up the slack. Maybe. :smith:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Poonerman posted:

There are a lot of mad people on the Internet right now.

And I love it.

Mad at what? Scant P5 details? No PS4 version announced? Persona coming to a Nintendo platform? Bullshit milking of the franchise?

That's a genuine question.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Boneless Jogger posted:

It's 2014, not 2015. Granted, it'd probably be longer for the English version but given how short a wait there was for SMT IV, maybe not that long of one.

Maybe the real reason for the red theme is because it'll be released by Christmas 2014. :shobon:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No one is going to suggest Hatsune Miku in the Persona dancing game?

So it's not Persona Golden 2, but it's still related to Persona 4 somehow.

E: I'd also like to point out that the PS2 only stopped production last year.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Boneless Jogger posted:

That whole stream was quite a wild ride. Seeing the hilarious overreactions some of the people watching the stream I was watching only added to it.

Would have been cool to see more about P5, but I can't complain. Even that short little trailer was pretty cool.

Edit: Well maybe not for Europe, since they still don't have SMT IV. But Sega has a EU branch, so maybe they'll pick up the slack. Maybe. :smith:

Square Enix announced FFX HD in "Winter 2013" and that's coming out March 2014, so it definitely could be 2015.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The stream and chat was hella-fun.

Pre-ordering everything as soon as possible.
Everything looks great.
That dancing game is going to be sick, can't wait.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Mad at what? Scant P5 details? No PS4 version announced? Persona coming to a Nintendo platform? Bullshit milking of the franchise?

I read a lot of people commenting about Dancing All Night saying they wanted Persona 5 on Vita, despite somehow forgetting that Sony portables always get the definitive editions after the fact.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Square Enix announced FFX HD in "Winter 2013" and that's coming out March 2014, so it definitely could be 2015.

S-E announced FFXHD for Winter 2013 for Japan. Which is when it is coming out. They didn't announce an English release date until pretty recently. It could easily be delayed but it's pretty safe to assume that Winter 2014 probably means Winter 2014 for the moment.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If there's one thing I want the most in P5, it's the ability to sock the comic relief character in the face whenever they come up with a phenomenally terrible idea. If not that, then the ability to avoid getting roped into whatever bullshit they get into once it backfires.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Man, pretty hyped for both P5 and Etrian Odyssey: Persona. Don't really care that there's nothing substantial about P5, but the fact that it's coming out is good enough.

Persona Q's art style kinda reminds me of 7th Dragon's, which is another good thing about it.

A Meat fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 24, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

S-E announced FFXHD for Winter 2013 for Japan. Which is when it is coming out.

Yeah, and when they announced the time frame for the Western release all they said was "Winter". And they're picking the absolute last possible Tuesday in Winter to do it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Rinkles posted:

A lot of people are apparently furious about the PQ art style.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

I actually like it a lot!

I wish I had a picture of my face when I saw that the third (and what I thought was final) reveal was a PSVita dance game, though. Probably something like :stonk:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Catalina posted:

I actually like it a lot!

I wish I had a picture of my face when I saw that the third (and what I thought was final) reveal was a PSVita dance game, though. Probably something like :stonk:

I just broke up laughing. Atlus perfected the art of trolling that day.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

TurnipFritter posted:

It's really cute! This is like that time everyone got really angry over Wind Waker, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

TurnipFritter posted:

They should be, because chibi art styles loving suck, but it's understandable since the 3DS is barely capable of gluing four polygons together. In an ideal world they'd remake the EO engine for Vita to satisfy the five people who own one, but expecting any more from PQ than what you see is patently unrealistic.

It's great that they're finally leaning into the Scooby Doo similarity though.