Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Now if you find any boxes with technic in them..... I think you mentioned you don't care for it :D

E: And if anyone in Germany still wants an advent calendar, my local marktkauf had both the friends and star wars one for 50% off, not sure if its nationwide.

Ika fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Do you knows know what Lego typically does on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (looks like the trend is Cyber Week)? I'm planning on picking up 3-5 major sets and wondering if I should do it now or even wait until Christmas.

FingersMaloy
Dec 23, 2004

Fuck! That's Delicious.
In store gift with purchase/coupons at the register. I got a VIP email that said something was happening this weekend online, too.

I was missing some pieces from my Winter Village Market. The online, missing piece, customer service thing is super convenient.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

obi_ant posted:

Do you knows know what Lego typically does on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (looks like the trend is Cyber Week)? I'm planning on picking up 3-5 major sets and wondering if I should do it now or even wait until Christmas.

Last 2 years for canada it was a promo holiday set for $100 and 10% off orders over $150 and random discounts on sets. That said, both times I made black friday orders fedex didn't deliver the orders due to holiday drivers screwing up and I barely got my orders by christmas waiting for lego to ship it again.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

There's usually an exclusive Black Friday set if you spend over $100 or so. This year it's the Christmas Tree truck, which is fine. I think I preferred the Christmas Tree Stand they had in October. Bother are in the link below.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/lego-2013-holiday-sets-revealed-photos-lego-40082-40083/

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

The_Doctor posted:

Well, that was £6 well spent. It was missing 5 parts, all of which are easily replaceable. There's a minifig missing too, but he's not an astronaut.

Now you can start on that shot-for-shot stop motion lego version of Gravity

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
For Ika and other Technic fans:

http://legodifferential.com/lego-technic-pieces-that-dont-exist/

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

FingersMaloy posted:

In store gift with purchase/coupons at the register. I got a VIP email that said something was happening this weekend online, too.

The thing I saw this morning was triple points and free shipping and exclusive set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dogen posted:

The thing I saw this morning was triple points and free shipping and exclusive set.

The exclusive is the Christmas tree truck set.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Ika posted:

Now if you find any boxes with technic in them..... I think you mentioned you don't care for it :D

E: And if anyone in Germany still wants an advent calendar, my local marktkauf had both the friends and star wars one for 50% off, not sure if its nationwide.

Ika,

How you liking the crane build so far?

I also totally forgot about the advent calendars, might see if i can pick one up on the cheap in one of my local stores.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Anybody else having issues getting into shop.Lego?

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Rythe posted:

Anybody else having issues getting into shop.Lego?

Yeah, it's getting slammed. Keep getting the technical difficulties page as I try to get anywhere to shop.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

ltr posted:

Yeah, it's getting slammed. Keep getting the technical difficulties page as I try to get anywhere to shop.

That sucks, I have money and they have some Lego modular buildings that I want so much, why doesn't Lego want my money....

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Rythe posted:

That sucks, I have money and they have some Lego modular buildings that I want so much, why doesn't Lego want my money....

I just need to buy a small DEuplo set for my nephew and impulse buy something for myself. If it wasn't for triple points and free shipping, I would just go to Target and spend the $15 for my nephew's present.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Well the site is back up but I had forgotten how the VIP points work, I thought you could use the points just accumulated on the most recent purchase.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rythe posted:

Well the site is back up but I had forgotten how the VIP points work, I thought you could use the points just accumulated on the most recent purchase.

Yeah, I'm looking at the checkout page of the site, and it tells me I can use my points to get $15/£15 off, but I can't see how to apply them..

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The newest non UCS X-Wing is pretty sweet. Some advanced building techniques for a common set, like lots of SNOT to create inverted slopes that don't exist and some clever stuff to get the angles on the nose steep enough. And the way the foils work is very clever. They really snap open and closed as you turn the crank.

Something that really surprised me was that a 560 piece set had 5 numbered bags to build in order. I guess I'm used to the modulars which will have 1000 pieces in the #1 bags.

Only criticisms are that the wings are repetitive, basically the same thing 4x, and some very touchy sticker placement in the engines on a round plate that's pretty much impossible. Oh and there's no rear landing gear, it just rests on the wings.

Definitely a good buy.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

smackfu posted:

The newest non UCS X-Wing is pretty sweet. Some advanced building techniques for a common set, like lots of SNOT to create inverted slopes that don't exist and some clever stuff to get the angles on the nose steep enough. And the way the foils work is very clever. They really snap open and closed as you turn the crank.

Something that really surprised me was that a 560 piece set had 5 numbered bags to build in order. I guess I'm used to the modulars which will have 1000 pieces in the #1 bags.

Only criticisms are that the wings are repetitive, basically the same thing 4x, and some very touchy sticker placement in the engines on a round plate that's pretty much impossible. Oh and there's no rear landing gear, it just rests on the wings.

Definitely a good buy.

What set number is this exactly?

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
There is no minimum on the free shipping today, so this is very good if you are looking to get some of the 'pickabrick' elements. I finally ordered 75 little white flat 1x1 squares to put letter stickers on so my kids can spell out stuff with their legos :)

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

uXs posted:

What set number is this exactly?

It's the 9493 X-Wing Starfighter. I bought it earlier this year and agree that it is a really good set(aside from the monotony of the wings).

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

To complete my Heroica collection i'm looking for the Ganrash polybag. Apparently it only sold in Candadian TRU or something like that and not anywhere close to Europe where i live. Set is close to 20 dollars on Bricklink (way to much) and none are for sale on ebay. Does anybody have one or could someone pick it up if they stumble upon it? Would really appreciate that!

It's this set: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=30170-1

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I'd also be up for buying a set/trading poly bags for one if anyone has a 2nd laying around.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
I am furious that the planet series is being discontinued and replaced with a bunch of doofy things with flick missiles.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Tanith posted:

I am furious that the planet series is being discontinued and replaced with a bunch of doofy things with flick missiles.

I think the microfighters are kind of cute :allears: I'm gonna be swooshing that pudgy little X-Wing all over the place.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Tanith posted:

I'm with ya pal.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

AzMiLion posted:

Ika,

How you liking the crane build so far?

I also totally forgot about the advent calendars, might see if i can pick one up on the cheap in one of my local stores.

Oh the crane is awesome, its sitting on my desk next to the monitor right now. I already replaced the grey hubcaps with yellow one, now I am trying to get the boom slightly longer since the sliding portion doesn't use up all the room. I know others have released instructions for how to do that in various ways but that is cheating.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Tanith posted:

Agreed, I'd have bought a Slave1, At-At and Falcon in that scale for sure

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Szymanski posted:

Agreed, I'd have bought a Slave1, At-At and Falcon in that scale for sure

I think if they'd opened with more famous ships, they'd have sold better. Having 2 out of your first wave of 3 be dull ships from Ep 1 really didn't help.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I wish they'd stop making star wars stuff to allow for a larger variety of original space themes, but I realize this would get them in financial trouble again almost immediately.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I never found a use for the planets themselves, they are too fragile to be load bearing. Maybe I'll find a use for them in my GBC. They also are 14 euros here, for a minifig and a handful of pieces, not worth it at all. Leave away the planet and reduce the price to something like half of the current price and I'd pick em all up.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It feels like almost very iteration of Star Wars ships has been done already. Maybe something that is half minifig scale would be neat but the price would probably end up a bit high.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I'd welcome more EU ships, like the Eclipse or the Outrider. Or the god drat Mon Cal Cruiser. :argh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ika posted:

I never found a use for the planets themselves, they are too fragile to be load bearing. Maybe I'll find a use for them in my GBC. They also are 14 euros here, for a minifig and a handful of pieces, not worth it at all. Leave away the planet and reduce the price to something like half of the current price and I'd pick em all up.

The planets are dumb, but the microscale ships are badass. The x-wing still amazes me how well they got most of the details.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Ya the ships are awesome, just not awesome enough to pay twice what would be a decent price. When a store here had the first two series down to 5 euros I picked up 4 or 5 x-wings over a period of a month.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

VaultAggie posted:

I'd welcome more EU ships, like the Eclipse or the Outrider. Or the god drat Mon Cal Cruiser. :argh:

Or the freakin' Nebulon B frigate :argh:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Neurion posted:

Or the freakin' Nebulon B frigate :argh:
That'd be my pick. Still waiting for that UCS Slave 1 too.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Lizard Combatant posted:

That'd be my pick. Still waiting for that UCS Slave 1 too.

Man that would be amazing. Also a Slave II of any variety would be cool.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Like everyone else it seems, I was also going to suggest the Nebulon-B.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

VaultAggie posted:

I'd welcome more EU ships, like the Outrider.

6211 released in 2006 had an alternate build of Outrider. I ended up tracking down one just to build it before I cannibalized it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaggieTheCat
Nov 7, 2010

So I found this old letter tray at Goodwill and it is perfect for my mini-figs! Add a little paint and voila, a nice display for my minis. Bonus photo of my bookcase with my bigger sets.