Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No FeMC is the most disappointing part of the Q reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MrAristocrates posted:

No FeMC is the most disappointing part of the Q reveal.

I'm with you there. That all we get from the definitive P3 game is Theo is a bit lame. I mean Marie made it in and who cares about her? Comb enthusiasts?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

There could very well be unlockable characters in PQ, so FeMC still has a shot. Hopefully we'll even see the cast from P1 and P2, but we won't.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 24, 2013

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The most exciting part of persona 5 for me has to be the new soundtrack. Shoji Meguro can do no wrong in my eyes, and even though I don't constantly replay persona games, I am constantly listening to the p3/p4 soundtracks.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Butt Ghost posted:

There could very well be unlockable characters in PQ, so FeMC still has a shot. Hopefully we'll even see the cast from P1 and P2, but we won't,

More games need Baofu and Katsuya. I would totally okay with Ken and anyone else being removed to make it happen, too.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

BlazeEmblem posted:

So where did the idea for Dancing All Night come from? Did somebody look at Golden's opening video and think "Now that's a game"?

Ginko-dancing-contact.gif

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
People worried about the games not coming over to the West should remember that right now Atlus USA are prepping to release freaking Conception 2 of all things. It'll be fine, yo.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Am I the only person disappointed than PQ isn't a game about Q from StarTrek?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

kirbysuperstar posted:

People worried about the games not coming over to the West should remember that right now Atlus USA are prepping to release freaking Conception 2 of all things. It'll be fine, yo.

I'm just being cautiously optimistic. I don't want to get my hopes about making GENIUS STEPS and then it turns out Atlus is unable to for whatever reasons. I just want to believe for now.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

This is the dance of a man who has six girlfriends and still spends Christmas Eve hanging out with Yosuke.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

If that means we get Patrick Stewart in anime high school dating sim, then maybe. But I like Etrian Odyssey, so no.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

I'm just being cautiously optimistic. I don't want to get my hopes about making GENIUS STEPS and then it turns out Atlus is unable to for whatever reasons. I just want to believe for now.

Nah, that's totally understandable and I can't blame you at all for it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You. Are. Slave.

The main characters' personas will be based on figures of abolitionism. John Brown!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm with you there. That all we get from the definitive P3 game is Theo is a bit lame. I mean Marie made it in and who cares about her? Comb enthusiasts?

Theo can still exist in the male MC universe. I'm pretty sure Elizabeth or Marie mention having a brother at some point. We're talking some multiverse bullshit here, but MC/FEMC did not affect anything in the Velvet Room or Gekkoukan until the day they arrived. Pretty much anyone introduced in the FEMC route can appear, not that Saori or Rio would have interacted with the MC. In the case of Marie, she was inserted into the main story of the definitive version of Persona 4, making her part of the main story and not an alternate universe where Yu was a girl.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mustach posted:

I hope they follow P4G and have two regular battle themes.

I hope they follow Nocturne and have 8 different regular battle themes.

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
Plus, design-wise, Izanami is girl Yu.

WrightOfWay posted:

I hope they follow Nocturne and have 8 different regular battle themes.
Wow, I never played that one, but that sounds great.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The most exciting part of persona 5 for me has to be the new soundtrack. Shoji Meguro can do no wrong in my eyes, and even though I don't constantly replay persona games, I am constantly listening to the p3/p4 soundtracks.

Yeah, getting to listen to a Megten soundtrack near the Japanese release always makes the wait a bit better.

I remember watching the golden trailer a bunch just to hear the new battle theme.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

I dunno, i kinda feel like the Catherine soundtrack was an example of Bad Meguro Music, so he's not TOTALLY flawless. The main menu theme was great, but everything else was either sort of bland, or just generic orchestral stuff.

I just hope he can branch away from J-Pop a bit and move back towards something more like Nocturne or DDS, but he seems pretty hellbent on making Persona a J-Pop thing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mustach posted:

Wow, I never played that one, but that sounds great.

There's actually five random battle themes, but the two most prevalent ones also have slight variations (the dungeon battle music has eight variations and the world map battle music has six.)

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...
A rhythm game and some cash-in P3/4 crossover with chibi art? I don't want any of this pandering crap.

I think Atlus may be going the way of Blizzard and Bioware now. After being thoroughly disappointed with SMTIV, if Persona 5 is a bust, I think my favorite RPG franchise is already dead and gone.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Titty Hero posted:

I dunno, i kinda feel like the Catherine soundtrack was an example of Bad Meguro Music, so he's not TOTALLY flawless. The main menu theme was great, but everything else was either sort of bland, or just generic orchestral stuff.
"Generic" sure is exactly the term I would use to describe a selection of famous works by Chopin, Holst, Beethoven, Bach, and Dvorak.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Titty Hero posted:

I just hope he can branch away from J-Pop a bit and move back towards something more like Nocturne or DDS, but he seems pretty hellbent on making Persona a J-Pop thing.

Not gonna lie, persona is the only time I've ever been able to stand J-Pop let alone like it. And since I still haven't played any other SMT games persona going non J-Pop would be so weird.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Meguro's mixes of the orchestral music in Catherine was fantastic, what are you talking about?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Titty Hero posted:

The soundtrack in Catherine was phenomenal, speaking as someone who casually enjoys classical music. Stop hating on Polovtsian Dances and the freaking New World Symphony. There wasn't even any Mozart!

e: Actually the whole OST is from Romantic era or later composers, other than Bach and Handel. So yeah, "generic" for sure.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 24, 2013

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The SJ ost felt a bit phoned in. It could have used some more variety.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man, the new Persona games apart from P5 are pandering to the stupid otaku who buys vocaloid poo poo and likes that stupid chibi artstyle. This sucks.

And now there are enough games on it for me to want to get a Vita. Goddammit Atlus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't really like the chibi artstyle but an EO style dungeon crawler with Persona combat mechanics sounds potentially sweet.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm not worried about them coming over to the West, I'm worried about them coming over to Europe. The PS3 may be region-free, but the 3DS is still locked up tighter than a nun at Manumission.

Rinkles posted:

The SJ ost felt a bit phoned in. It could have used some more variety.

Yeah, I was happy at seeing Meguro take a break from his current J-pop obsession, but honestly, I was not feeling it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The style of 'J-pop' in P3 and P4 was pretty different. P3 was more rap and techno, with some heavy guitar songs thrown in. P4 is Pop-Rock with a touch of jazz.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Man, the new Persona games apart from P5 are pandering to the stupid otaku who buys vocaloid poo poo and likes that stupid chibi artstyle. This sucks.
Half of P3 and P4 revolves around getting anime girlfriends. This is par for the course.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

Half of P3 and P4 revolved around getting anime girlfriends. This was par for the course.

I am legitimately surprised that people are seriously complaining about those things. It's not like this was without precedent; Final Fantasy is far less anime, and it got it's chibi musical spinoff. We just have it in two games, not one!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I don't really like the chibi artstyle but an EO style dungeon crawler with Persona combat mechanics sounds potentially sweet.

I certainly hope they let you turn off the party's battle animations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hellioning posted:

And now there are enough games on it for me to want to get a Vita. Goddammit Atlus.

There are going to be four new Persona games across the next 20 months that are each worked on by separate teams, two even with the support of entirely different companies. Settle down a little.

The dancing game is the one pandering to the stupid otaku who buys vocaloid poo poo. The chibi artstyle is the one aimed at girls. :v: i.e. me, I like it a lot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There are actually a lot of female vocaloid fans too. And I'm sure there's a reason Yu was featured nearly as much as, if not more so, than Rise.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The right way to play P4D is to only use Yu and his genius steps. And Kanji. And Yosuke, if he uses his signature genius trash can.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

The right way to play P4D is to only use Yu and his genius steps. And Kanji. And Yosuke, if he uses his signature genius trash can.

Legit wish Kanji had been in the trailer instead of random new chick.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kanji's dancing better be the exact same dance he did in P4G's intro otherwise this game is pointless.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Butt Ghost posted:

B-b-b-but Yu's smile isn't megidolaon cute! I still can't believe that the phrase 'megidolaon cute' appeared in that trailer.

Proto Cloud
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe next year...

Hellioning posted:

I am legitimately surprised that people are seriously complaining about those things. It's not like this was without precedent; Final Fantasy is far less anime, and it got it's chibi musical spinoff. We just have it in two games, not one!

Just because you can, doesn't mean it's okay to do so. By the time Square started whoring its franchise was around the time its brand was starting to stink.

I dunno, I could be wrong and PQ and 5 turn out fine and my dismay is for naught, but this is a huge cause of concern for me at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

There are going to be four new Persona games across the next 20 months that are each worked on by separate teams, two even with the support of entirely different companies. Settle down a little.

The dancing game is the one pandering to the stupid otaku who buys vocaloid poo poo. The chibi artstyle is the one aimed at girls. :v: i.e. me, I like it a lot.

Note to self: Sarcasm does not come through in text.

I'm honestly legitimately excited for all of these games. The only reason I might not get the dancing one is if I don't have a Vita when it's released.

Proto Cloud posted:

Just because you can, doesn't mean it's okay to do so. By the time Square started whoring its franchise was around the time its brand was starting to stink.

I dunno, I could be wrong and PQ and 5 turn out fine and my dismay is for naught, but this is a huge cause of concern for me at the moment.

I suppose I can see that. Then again, I actually like the recent Final Fantasies. I may just be easily pleased.