Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
There's still no word from Hasbro on a US MP Sideswipe, route? Was just going a once over on any outstanding pre-orders I had and am starting to get a bit paranoid about overpaying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There were some rumors based on those leaked store lists, but at this point I think you better get a Takara one if you really, really want a MP Sideswipe.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Blackheart posted:

There were some rumors based on those leaked store lists, but at this point I think you better get a Takara one if you really, really want a MP Sideswipe.

Yeah, I've got one on reserve at BBTS, just wanted to make sure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Arsenal_12 posted:

Fansproject just put up pictures of their new addition to the Warbot series. No name, but Not-Roadbuster can do for now, I guess.

This is tempting, but after how Hasbro usurped 3rd party Springer I'm really going to wait on this. It may be a abit for Hasbro Voyager Roadbuster to come out, but 3rd party stuff takes a long rear end time too.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Hey guys, take a second to think about Grimlock.

Got an image in your mind? Ok, now imagine him fused with Dygenguar and toss in some Escaflowne!

Honestly, I think the design is radical but *insert gripe about how the movie aesthetic doesn't match anything else Transformer related.*

Also, I should wait till we get to see more than just a silhouette...

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
GWAR-mlock

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Robot T-Rex head-shoulders? I'm okay with this.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Holy poo poo, he looks like he just walked off stage from a lordi/GWAR concert.

I'm definitely Okay with this.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
I just watched Peaugh review the Unique toys 3 pack Sharkies. Always had a sweet spot for the G1 figure but only own one. They seem a little short but look fantastic in shark mode. I was secretly hoping we'd get a new mold during 30th but I guess that's unlikely. Anyway, for any Sharkticon fans out there, they look cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmtjSlydhSM

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Lepecard posted:

Ok, now imagine him fused with Dygenguar

I'd say more Thrudgelmir.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'd say more Thrudgelmir.

I am okay with this too. Though there better be a quote about how there's nothing Grimlock's Hammer can not smash.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Secht posted:

I just watched Peaugh review the Unique toys 3 pack Sharkies. Always had a sweet spot for the G1 figure but only own one. They seem a little short but look fantastic in shark mode. I was secretly hoping we'd get a new mold during 30th but I guess that's unlikely. Anyway, for any Sharkticon fans out there, they look cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmtjSlydhSM

Gnaw is getting a new figure in the Legends class(?) line for the 30th. The ones that come with mini-con partners.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

More pictures of FansToys Scoria

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
In tiny mobile thumbnails, this pic looked like they were mating :saddowns:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

In tiny mobile thumbnails, this pic looked like they were mating :saddowns:

Grimlock takes what he wants, he is king after all.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

poo poo Scoria looks ace. Possibly not £135 ace but we'll see.

In other news that you all knew, MP Soundwave, tiny Megatron gun and cassettes are the loving greatest thing ever.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Be careful with the Megatron Gun, it breaks if you look at it wrong.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I will look after it. I'm amazed at the cassette engineering, and Soundwaves articulation. Magic.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm thrilled with the level of articulation they put in Slag's dinosaur mode. Neck articulation, full limb articulation, even tail articulation. This is why I'm hoping they'll end up doing an updated masterpiece Grimlock, Hasbro's version's dinosaur mode was totally gimped by that head-turning gimmick they put in no one cares about. So many animal-mode Transformers are bricks in their animal modes, Grimlock was better than a lot of them, but disappointing for a masterpiece.

Also with the increased articulation you can pose him out of the tail-dragging 70's view of a triceratops. I hope the other Dinobots are articulated enough to do the same.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Movie grimlock's tail seems to split into the back of his skirt instead of forming a weapon. :stare:

Going to have to see how well this transfers into the toy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm usually super positive when it comes to the toys, but I don't really have high hopes for that design. At most I hope they make it a cool, if not super accurate toy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Given how much I showed my rear end last time I asked questions similar to this, I'm going to try to phrase this very carefully...I recently dug out my Classics Sunstreaker, and I was reminded of something I've read a dozen times, but have never actually seen. From TFWiki:

"In robot mode, his supercharger engine accessory can be attached to his back, but it can also be attached to the "Electron Pulse Blaster" to create a larger weapon by wrapping the intakes around it,"

I've never been able to combine his engine with his gun, and I've never been able to find a picture of them combined. Can anyone confirm this, and/or explain how it's done?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It can be done, although I've never been able to get it stuck on tight. It's a very loose grip, and not worth it.

EDIT: Actually, that's holding pretty well now. Huh.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Was there any truth to the rumors that Walmart was going to have Metroplex on Black Friday?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

It can be done, although I've never been able to get it stuck on tight. It's a very loose grip, and not worth it.

EDIT: Actually, that's holding pretty well now. Huh.

I never got it to work with Sunstreaker or Sideswipe but it works for my Red Alert for some reason.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

LightsGameraAction posted:

I never got it to work with Sunstreaker or Sideswipe but it works for my Red Alert for some reason.

Same here. It seems to have really finnicky mold tolerances. I have a bunch of that mold, and it holds securely on some but not all. Odd.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mine is from Sunstreaker, so I think it might be Sideswipe's that doesn't fit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Was there any truth to the rumors that Walmart was going to have Metroplex on Black Friday?

Doesn't look like it, it's not in any of the ads that have leaked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The new Costco in town still has like 20 Metroplexes and $80 is a steal for it. Why bother with BF when you can get it now with no waiting?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Lepecard posted:

Got an image in your mind? Ok, now imagine him fused with Dygenguar and toss in some Escaflowne!

what does this mean in English

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

My Red Alert gun will sort of maybe clip on, but it never feels like it's supposed to be there.

Are any of the black friday specials known yet? I'm assuming DOTM deluxes. Three bumblebees strapped together, to a boot, crushing a human skull forever and so on.

GD_American posted:

"Got an image in your mind? Ok now anime, anime, anime!" I think?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

GD_American posted:

He's really lanky and spiky with huge fuckoff shoulderpads I guess.
Because those are the words that come to mind when I see new Grimlock, and where the similarities come in when GISing those two robots.

I think it's a cool and evocative re-imagining for once.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Rhyno posted:

The new Costco in town still has like 20 Metroplexes and $80 is a steal for it. Why bother with BF when you can get it now with no waiting?

Well for one thing I don't have a costco membership.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

GD_American posted:

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Grimlock looks more like Tekkaman Evil to me.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Basically in the new movie the Autobots suddenly discovered anime and adjusted their robot modes to that aesthetic.

Unfortunately, they now refuse to fight unless they are kissed by a group Victoria's Secret models.

VVV And Bay certainly knows there's more where she came from. VVV

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 25, 2013

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No, the Victoria's Secret model was in the last movie.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Unfortunately, they now refuse to fight unless they are kissed by a group Victoria's Secret models.

It's kind of sad that this actually sounds plausible with the state of the Transformers movies right now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The MSJ posted:

Basically in the new movie the Autobots suddenly discovered anime and adjusted their robot modes to that aesthetic.

If we're going by official Transformers products, it ain't Victoria's Secret models that'll be kissing them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Well for one thing I don't have a costco membership.

Do you also have no friends/family/coworkers?