Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Looks like Koon got a response from Emily before going off with his plan and saying they'd summon Baam. So it looks like whatever they end up doing, part of it is going to work, because part of it is Emily's plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Edit: ^ I also didn't notice that the 1st time around.

Sleepy Owl posted:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/206363/tower-of-god_v2_ch86_by_the-company

Company translation is up, seems a bit easier to understand.

I didn't notice Laure in the room with Vespa the first time around.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
The sound effect for the phone being translated definitely helped me notice where the other translation didn't. Also, the Lee Soo-Koon translation was way better written.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

S02 chapter 87 quick release is up

e: A TRUE LEADER OF THESE TIMES

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 17, 2013

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Rak is the best. :allears:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yessssssssssss big Rak is back! :unsmigghh:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:allears: Good good, Mangator has taken to the field.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

The best character makes his triumphant return!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just finished reading this series and I've got to ask, what is with Rak and Prince's constant size/age changing? After the Director first shrunk Rak, did Rak gain the ability to switch back and forth between mini-awesome and mega-awesome? Prince just doesn't make any sense. One chapter he's a teenager of around the same height as everyone else then the next chapter he's a little kid running around with Yeo Miseng.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Prince is strongly for comedy because he loving acts like a little kid.

Rak is partly for comedy and partly because SIU finds it extremely difficult to draw him full size all the time. Remember back in the first part when he was either cut off or everyone else was tiny because he's fuckin huge.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Now the major wrenches that could fall into this plan, Where are Adrossi and Lizard girl?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

zerosix posted:

Now the major wrenches that could fall into this plan, Where are Adrossi and Lizard girl?

Both still on the Archimedes. Anak can't be summoned and Adrossi probably costs too much when you're saving up points to buy a Viole. They'll probably team up with the other Kyoon to save Emily and wreck up devil dude's day.

Edit: About the talk of who the prince is from last page, I'm pretty sure it's Baam. There's the whole thing about the Zahards being unrelated by design and Baam being buried by himself in hole until Rachel discovered him. The return is him dropping the Jyu Viole Grace pseudonym and returning to 25th Baam, known irregular.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 17, 2013

KoB
May 1, 2009
:allears: I was waiting the whole chapter for him to go :black101:mode

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I love how Rak's size changing is now literally something he can do. :allears:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

So I finally got around to reading the Company's version of the last chapter. Their translation of SIU's extra blogwhateverthing should shed some light on Rak's fluctuating size. Looks like the floor Guardians have the right to organism compression. So with the permission of the Guardian, bigass gators can control their size.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

rizzen posted:

So I finally got around to reading the Company's version of the last chapter. Their translation of SIU's extra blogwhateverthing should shed some light on Rak's fluctuating size. Looks like the floor Guardians have the right to organism compression. So with the permission of the Guardian, bigass gators can control their size.

It kinda makes sense, really. I know the main reason Rak gets small is because when he's big he's a pain to draw, but from an in universe point of view it makes sense that if a Guardian can make someone tiny it'd be used on someone Rak's size just so he can like, fit through doors and stuff.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
CH88 Quick Release

A good chapter. Not much advanced, really, but at the same time earlier stuff/fan theories were proven and new foreshadowing was done.

Please say no, Rak, please say no. Or at least don't die. SIU would be the meanest of men to kill Rak here and yet it super feels like he's about to do so.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is Rak ever not the best? Hopefully in the next chapter or two Yeon Yihwa learns to finally control her flames like has been alluded to for a while now.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Rak is always the best.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Wangnan is dragging Quaetro :haw:

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Rak rules. I almost forgot how much he ruled because we hadn't seen him do anything for ages.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
It's easy to forget that among most regulars, Rak is probably pretty high up there. It's just that we've got Rankers, Princesses of Zahard, FUG members, Family members and Irregulars all over the place so he seems weak by comparison.

Speaking of FUG, is everyone involved in the workshop tournament either a FUG member or involved with them in some way? Because it seems to me that the workshop is pretty thoroughly compromised by FUG. I wonder if any other parts of the Zahard regime are similarly compromised.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Slime posted:

It's easy to forget that among most regulars, Rak is probably pretty high up there. It's just that we've got Rankers, Princesses of Zahard, FUG members, Family members and Irregulars all over the place so he seems weak by comparison.

Yeah, on the 2nd floor he was one of two regulars that were able to clear the special spear-bearer challenge to gain an early pass with full marks, the other one being that demon that Headon sent.

Edit: And looking back on it there are other signs, like how he's able to single out the strong regulars during that first death match on floor 2, and he's able to sense the Black March. Mangator for President!

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 25, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Kind of hope Baam and the crew just waste all of FUG here. Aside from the three members we saw when Baam put together his new team they're all just kind of dicks for less reason than the rest of the dicks they've run into. Zahard and the other organization on level 77 seem plenty enough opposition.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Slime posted:

I think the great thing about Rak is he's not strong because he's ____ (fill in title here), he's strong because he's strong.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

TheDemon posted:

I think the great thing about Rak is he's not strong because he's ____ (fill in title here), he's strong because he's strong.

He's a giant loving Mangator who fights for his friends.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No mere turtle stands a chance.
Note: everyone is a turtle.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:spergin:

Rak is probably as strong as the top five E rank regulars. He's about even with Koon and Koon beat one of those guys in a straight fight.

:spergin:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Gyges posted:

Kind of hope Baam and the crew just waste all of FUG here. Aside from the three members we saw when Baam put together his new team they're all just kind of dicks for less reason than the rest of the dicks they've run into. Zahard and the other organization on level 77 seem plenty enough opposition.

The Wingtree dudes eh? I'm willing to bet that after this arc, they're the ones that will be giving Baam some protection from FUG, assuming he manages to get out. After all, Yuri had the thing to give to him in the first part.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I think I'm more curious to see what happens to beta and how he's going to be involved. FUG trying to play him here against Baam just seems like a huge mistake, and giving him that parasite worm that's actually a regular seems like the perfect opportunity for him to start climbing the tower in his own right. He really has no reason to fight against Baam and friends and doesn't seem to have the connections to be exploited by FUG that Baam did. I mean the guy is insane but yeah, really no reason for him to stick with FUG now either.

Definitely should be a great showdown though, with Baam, Rak, Koon, two zahard princesses, Cassino and the other arm of the devil, and all the rest of the people from way back in the first arc, along with the more recent pickups. It's kinda hard to see why Baam and friends would need protection from Wingtree against FUG, they're becoming a pretty large and formidable group themselves.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Two Tone Shoes posted:

He's a giant loving Mangator who fights for his friends turtles.

:colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I think I'm more curious to see what happens to beta and how he's going to be involved. FUG trying to play him here against Baam just seems like a huge mistake, and giving him that parasite worm that's actually a regular seems like the perfect opportunity for him to start climbing the tower in his own right. He really has no reason to fight against Baam and friends and doesn't seem to have the connections to be exploited by FUG that Baam did. I mean the guy is insane but yeah, really no reason for him to stick with FUG now either.

He blames Baam for being turned into a human weapon. Of course, Baam being some sort of human weapon is all FUG's fault, so it's not like they're on his Christmas list either. Most interesting possibility is the worm either took over or provides him with a sanity life line and he no longer has the pretty irrational hate boner for Baam.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

It's kinda hard to see why Baam and friends would need protection from Wingtree against FUG, they're becoming a pretty large and formidable group themselves.

As strong as some of those people are, they're still no match for most rankers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even Baam couldn't quite beat some random test proctor, though to be fair he didn't use his pseudo-ignition weapon.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Even Baam couldn't quite beat some random test proctor, though to be fair he didn't use his pseudo-ignition weapon.

When pushed he put up a good fight against one of the most powerful dudes in the tower. Baam's got the irregular super powers to stand up to anyone if the story demands it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Since he can copy a move by seeing it once, as long as he can dodge he's got infinite attacks and mega surprise on his side.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gyges posted:

He blames Baam for being turned into a human weapon. Of course, Baam being some sort of human weapon is all FUG's fault, so it's not like they're on his Christmas list either. Most interesting possibility is the worm either took over or provides him with a sanity life line and he no longer has the pretty irrational hate boner for Baam.

I think the reason Beta hates Baam is because while they're both living ignition weapons, Baam can (try to) be free and have friends while Beta is stuck in a cage for the rest of his life. He's like Ho in that he's jealous that Baam can have all that power without giving anything up, while Ho and Beta basically lost everything/have nothing.

Just my guess. v:v:v

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think Beta mostly just hates. He particularly hates Baam for being special to FUG, who he also hates. If he kills Baam he screws up FUG's plans too so hey, bonus!

e: Basically what I feel is going on in this arc is that there are a lot of people playing this game. Way more than just Baam's friends and FUG, and that's going to be important.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's probably going to come down to who a few key people hate more, FUG or Baam. If it's FUG, then the best gently caress you to them is to help Baam. They lose a slayer, a super weapon, and get a big chunk taken out of one of their enterprises. Plus they get a super team of top level regulars working against FUG out of necessity if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Shugojin posted:

I think Beta mostly just hates. He particularly hates Baam for being special to FUG, who he also hates. If he kills Baam he screws up FUG's plans too so hey, bonus!

e: Basically what I feel is going on in this arc is that there are a lot of people playing this game. Way more than just Baam's friends and FUG, and that's going to be important.

Possibly, but everything he's done so far has been for FUG's benefit, and this chapter he's been working directly with someone hired by FUG.