Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

What the poo poo was Finlay wearing? What was his gimmick when he first joined WCW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Saw this in the YLLS pics thread:

The wrestler seems to even be locking up a kimura.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Red posted:

What the poo poo was Finlay wearing? What was his gimmick when he first joined WCW?

Isn't that just half of an American Football shoulder pad set, worn outside clothes? No idea about his gimmick though, sorry.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Finlay was just a badass brawler toughguy. Everybody played up how he was one of the toughest people they'd ever met. No idea why he's wearing a studded leather coat and shoulder pads

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mad Max movies or whatever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Finlay was just a badass brawler toughguy. Everybody played up how he was one of the toughest people they'd ever met. No idea why he's wearing a studded leather coat and shoulder pads

I'm gonna go with "Because nobody has the balls to tell him he looks odd".

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

:psypop:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mean Gene no.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Red posted:

He was simply "The Belfast Bruiser" with no explanation for that. I thought nothing of him at the time until I saw him and Regal go at it...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Supreme Allah posted:

Mean Gene no.

Jimmy Hart looks WEEEEEIIIIIRD without the sunglasses!

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
Man, those pictures of wrestlers with dogs only proved to me that wrestlers pick really weird/ugly breeds.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jerusalem posted:

Jimmy Hart looks WEEEEEIIIIIRD without the sunglasses!

Supreme Allah posted:

Mean Gene no.

you guys know that's Ron Jeremy, right?

I assume that's :thejoke:?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Memento posted:

you guys know that's Ron Jeremy, right?

I assume that's :thejoke:?

Like anyone knows Ron Jeremy by his face.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Jesus Ron looks like poo poo :(

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Hopefully sunny wont mail ron jeremy off somewhere then.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chemi posted:

Man, those pictures of wrestlers with dogs only proved to me that wrestlers pick really weird/ugly breeds.

I find it weird to see how many wrestlers have tiny dogs. I don't know why that surprises me. Maybe because there's this stigma of "small dog = you must be a pussy" that some meatheads have.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Phenix Rising posted:

I find it weird to see how many wrestlers have tiny dogs. I don't know why that surprises me. Maybe because there's this stigma of "small dog = you must be a pussy" that some meatheads have.

I imagine it's because bigger dogs generally need long walks and wrestlers don't really have the sort of lifestyle that can fulfill that need.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Red posted:

His entrance attire had absolutely nothing to do with his gimmick, which was "I came to WCW to beat the poo poo out of Steven Regal". His on-camera debut was literally him beating the poo poo out of Regal during some random jobber match and screaming at the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vOqAiu8Wew

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hate this man. Like infinitely.

Japanese Miz, Taichi

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

coconono posted:

I hate this man. Like infinitely.

Japanese Miz, Taichi

I think that's an insult to Taichi, Miz and the entire nation of Japan.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The dude is the Scrappy Doo of Suzuki-gun though, and that's including Vance Archer and Davey Boy Jr.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Phenix Rising posted:

I'd also think it's easy to take the dog on the road if need be. It's easier to bring a Dachshund to the arena than a Great Dane.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VogeGandire posted:

The dude is the Scrappy Doo of Suzuki-gun though, and that's including Vance Archer and Davey Boy Jr.

more like the Scooby-Dum.

Anyway, here's a picture of some much more interesting people.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is that hall of fame worthy ketchup?

Meltzer doesn't think so.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

If anyone I know irl is reading this I would like a Suzuki-gun track suit for Christmas every year for the rest of my life, please.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Price Check posted:

If anyone I know irl is reading this I would like a Suzuki-gun track suit for Christmas every year for the rest of my life, please.

With "Price Check" on the leg?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Price Check posted:

Well, if you have a crazy amount of money to waste....

That's from https://www.piledriver.jp which I believe is MiSu's site. The old ones were something like US$200 IRC plus whatever you'd have to pay for one of those shipping middlemen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hoarr
Sep 6, 2013
Some scans I put up over at WCW WorldWide:

WCW Mayhem 1999 PPV Advert *Click to Enlarge

Scott Hall vs Booker T - WCW Mayhem 1999 *Click to Enlarge

Brian Knobbs vs Norman Smiley - WCW Mayhem 1999 *Click to Enlarge

Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs Chris Benoit - WCW Mayhem 1999 *Click to Enlarge

Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs Sting - WCW Mayhem 1999 *Click to Enlarge

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Awwww. Goldberg's all tuckered out.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

Awwww. Goldberg's all tuckered out.

Either that or somebody told a funny joke and he's way overselling it.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

shirt owns. He looks to be in good shape.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eligible for Social Security in 14 years, but could still murder anybody he wanted to.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Lucha!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I've always wondered why McMahon ever bothered with the WBF, when he could simply get a few people from the roster to do this.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
What the hell, they were making Sting wrestle with his shirt on even back in '99?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Tato posted:

What the hell, they were making Sting wrestle with his shirt on even back in '99?

Well I don't think anyone was making him, per se....