Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Falken posted:

No sixteen candles 944. :(

And why not the Audi S8 from Ronin?

e: so I'm not a top page schlub

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Saw those 3 BATs together in the Blackhawk Museum not too far away from San Francisco. Funny to see cars wanting to be Jetson's cars.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

BMB5150 posted:

Saw those 3 BATs together in the Blackhawk Museum not too far away from San Francisco. Funny to see cars wanting to be Jetson's cars.
Thank you for letting me know that exists. I may go there today with my crappy point & shoot camera.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Would have been nice for there to be a yellow one amongst them.

Also, when trying to see if there were any naked carbon fibre F40s, seems someone carbon vinyl wrapped their F40... :ughh:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Falken posted:

Also, when trying to see if there were any naked carbon fibre F40s, seems someone carbon vinyl wrapped their F40... :ughh:

Oh no, now their paint is protected and they can remove the vinyl anytime they wish.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Falken posted:

Ferrari enthusiast with way more money than taste Zahir Rana would most likely be that 'someone' guy races the poo poo out of his cars, so probably like BlackMK4 said, decent paint protection

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Which is probably a good idea considering how thin the paint is. In fact if I owned one, I'd probably wrap it just for that purpose alone. I'm even thinking about getting a wrap of this color because I missed the cut-off for Individual paint:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

neckbeard posted:

Ferrari enthusiast with way more money than taste Zahir Rana would most likely be that 'someone' guy races the poo poo out of his cars, so probably like BlackMK4 said, decent paint protection

Don't act like you wouldn't be as dorky as zahir if you had the money.

http://www.zrauto.ca/exotic-and-sports-cars-for-sale.html

This is the most tasteless collection of exotic cars ever, but i would still drive the gently caress out of any one of them, especially the 400+hp mini

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
wheeeeee!

Wish I had video, I'll have to ask if anyone took any.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

neckbeard posted:

Don't wraps on thin paint cause removal issues? I thought I heard that.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

nm posted:

Don't wraps on thin paint cause removal issues? I thought I heard that.

The obvious answer is to plastidip your Ferrari.

:science:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm going to do some A/B testing for a friend regarding Miata intakes. The short of it is that he wants to use a 3D printed intake tube that will go into the bumper cover and have access to ambient air versus having a hot air intake within the engine bay. It's some Next. Level. poo poo.

Materials and shipping are like $35 for the printed tube.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
That's neat. Does it connect to the stock filter box?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Saw this out my apartment's window today:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Phone posted:

I'm going to do some A/B testing for a friend regarding Miata intakes. The short of it is that he wants to use a 3D printed intake tube that will go into the bumper cover and have access to ambient air versus having a hot air intake within the engine bay. It's some Next. Level. poo poo.

Materials and shipping are like $35 for the printed tube.

Make sure you post this in the Miata thread. Let us know how it works out, if everything goes well I'll order one for sure. Would any size cone filter fit in there? I'm gonna have to look in mine, I can't remember how much space is available in front of the radiator there.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That is awesome. How did you do the expanding foam bit, saran wrap everywhere?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

That is awesome. How did you do the expanding foam bit, saran wrap everywhere?

Judging from the marks left in the foam, probably just dumped the foam into a strong garbage bag and shut the hood on it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dammit, now I want 3D printer.

[edit] :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 25, 2013

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

:haw:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Powershift posted:

This is the most tasteless collection of exotic cars ever, but i would still drive the gently caress out of any one of them, especially the 400+hp mini

I know a guy who's got a Hayabusa powered, rear wheel drive Mini. 0-60 3sec.

BlackMK4 posted:

Oh no, now their paint is protected and they can remove the vinyl anytime they wish.
Yeah, I was hasty with my criticism because I now really want to wrap my 944.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
What is this?

Nebula
Dec 30, 2004

Phanatic posted:

What is this?

Ginetta G60

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Falken posted:

I know a guy who's got a Hayabusa powered, rear wheel drive Mini. 0-60 3sec.

Well those pictures are a bit confusing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

Well those pictures are a bit confusing.
In what way?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Falken posted:

In what way?

R1 badge.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Yamaha badge too.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Meant to say R1, but I am not a clever man...

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Don't care if real. Love this. :colbert:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
This is glorious.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

There's an MOT failure report which has on the advisories "WHEELS ARE poo poo".

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I saw a unicorn today. Driven by some greybeard driving 5 under the limit in Berkeley, so I'm guessing he's the original owner and wonders why people take pictures of his car.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Das Volk posted:

I saw a unicorn today. Driven by some greybeard driving 5 under the limit in Berkeley, so I'm guessing he's the original owner and wonders why people take pictures of his car.

Did Trouser Chili move out west then?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I. Don't. Understand.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Maybe it's got a heavy sled on the front and can just drive around in 4FWD all the time?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Airports frequently use half-cars like that to tow planes around. Something about maneuverability. This showed up in one of the threads on SA, so I remember the discussion about them. It's like a poor man's version of this:

It also reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XL0TysIn0

EatMySpork
Nov 19, 2009

Utensil of the Gods.

Here's what it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!