Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

rivals posted:

:ssh: It's a better game than blazblue.
this isn't saying much considering blazblue is nothing more than a placeholder fighting game that some people started taking too seriously on accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Where are the USF4 changes listed?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Brett824 posted:

I picked up Aquapazza the other day ~ironically~ because I wanted a new fighting game to mess around with it and I'm enjoying it a ton more than I expected to. Haven't played CP yet, but it certainly seems better than BB through CSEX.

Honestly, if I could trade bbcp for aquapazza and thirty bucks, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's a little hard to swallow spending a hundred bucks on two games inside a month, so I'll probably pick up AP in early december, but I had a really good time with it. It was a fun game to mess around with and accidentally stumbling into top tier is a nice surprise as well.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dias posted:

An actually invincible reversal? I'll take it.

It's still 14f so you can still safe meaty + option select it. Honestly I think Rose players complained too much about it when the slow startup still limits it and the old invincibility was still good enough in most cases.

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 23, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Buhbuhj posted:

The biggest problem with CP that I have is I just don't feel good playing it. Like I can tell the systems in place are good and the pace of the game is good. There just isn't a character I can pick and be like YEAH THIS FEELS GREAT. They are all different but also all kind of boring in the same way. Azrael is really really close to being the stand out but I think he would work better in a different game.
Play Tager and don't worry about winning, just landing a giant gently caress-off grab.

Even if you lose, doing 60% of a dude's health in one move is a good feeling.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Been playing Aquapazza and having a good time. Having a lot of trouble figuring out the utility of various assists and what I need though. I'm just using Ma-Ryan always because fireworks are cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe it's just me, but every video I've seen of CP indicates that it just has the worst hit sounds of any fighting game ever. They're like little bubble wrap pops.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
edit: nm

edit2: so this is a useful post, and also so this will swing the discussion away from BB, has anyone got SCII HD? Do you have to unlock characters and stuff?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zand posted:

edit: nm

edit2: so this is a useful post, and also so this will swing the discussion away from BB, has anyone got SCII HD? Do you have to unlock characters and stuff?
A third of the cast needs to be unlocked via Weapon Master, but you can play four matches in the time it takes to play one in the later SC games. Just Pick Kilik.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

quakster posted:

A third of the cast needs to be unlocked via Weapon Master

Why the gently caress do people keep thinking this is a good idea? Im pretty sure nobody would miss Weapon Master at all if it was mysteriously missing and the whole cast was ready to go.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

Maybe it's just me, but every video I've seen of CP indicates that it just has the worst hit sounds of any fighting game ever. They're like little bubble wrap pops.

This is probably the biggest thing turning me off Injustice, coincidentally. Except there it's more like slapping a raw steak.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gutcruncher posted:

Why the gently caress do people keep thinking this is a good idea? Im pretty sure nobody would miss Weapon Master at all if it was mysteriously missing and the whole cast was ready to go.

Weapon Master is 80% of my nostalgia for that game and easily one of the few single player bits in fighting games I've enjoyed. :colbert:

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Gutcruncher posted:

Im pretty sure nobody would miss Weapon Master at all if it was mysteriously missing and the whole cast was ready to go.

I happen to quite enjoy Weapon Master mode, thank you very much. Soul Calibur is one of the few series that actually attempts to have interesting single player content and even fewer still to have that content actually hold my interest for its duration. I quite missed it when it got swapped out for some...strategy game thing in Soul Cailbur 3 and then I found myself missing even that when Soul Calibur 4 just had a challenge tower.

Though attaching character unlocks to it in this year is pretty dumb, especially since quite a few of them are unlocked really quite late into it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
At least if you don't suck, you can basically go through the whole mode in 3-6 hours and it's the closest a gimmicky fighting game single player mode has come to not sucking.

(Ice levels and the ones where a single hit throws the opponent out of the ring are the best.)

quakster fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 23, 2013

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
And that's why Lost Swords is a thing. (I still haven't booted it up despite downloading the beta)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gutcruncher posted:

Actually the seeming majority of SC players (not just tournament people) prefer Weapon Master mode.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
GG AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUB3Pey1WE

Please be fixed in Ultra.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I'm sure that Capcom is rushing around with their hair on fire trying to figure out if that is still in the game and if so how to fix it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So I have a question. My girlfriend got me a 360 for my birthday, and seeing as my PS3 can't internet anymore, I'm planning on making my Xbox my new fighting game box. I have a MadCatz Soul Calibur V Fightstick, this one to be precise:

http://www.quill.com/mad-catz-xbox-360-accessories/cbs/301999.html?cm_mmc=SEM_PLA_T_301999

What parts would I need to dual mod it, how difficult is this, what tools outside of 360 parts would I need, and is it something that someone with no experience should attempt?

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
This would appear to be the easiest solution:

http://www.focusattack.com/phreakmods-cerberus-ps3-pc-joystick-pcb/

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

My stick is a PS3 stick I was wanting to give 360 compatibility to.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Get a ps360+. I have it in my ps3 mlg te stick and it works great. I'm grabbing another one soon for my old ps3 brawl stick, just for the heck of it. They're very easy to install ( don't have to solder at all), and they work on ps3, 360, and PC.

Focus Attack has them.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Get a ps360+. I have it in my ps3 mlg te stick and it works great. I'm grabbing another one soon for my old ps3 brawl stick, just for the heck of it. They're very easy to install ( don't have to solder at all), and they work on ps3, 360, and PC.

Focus Attack has them.

Is there a guide for how to install?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

Is there a guide for how to install?

http://youtu.be/QYj93yTMOsw

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you so very much.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So was it ever figured out if PS3 sticks can work on PS4 or not?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Did anyone pick up an XOne and Killer Instinct? Impressions from "Top Players" have been positive, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

None confirmed as of yet. SRK has tested some, including Mad Catz and Hori sticks/pads. Ps360/cerberus pcb sticks dont work either.

The PS360+ people are working on xbone/ps4, either in firmware or hardware- my guess is hardware, unfortunately.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Sony came out and said a while ago that it's possible for PS3 sticks to work on the PS4 but it's up to the developers to implement it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Someone on SRK successfully modded his Fightstick Pro with a PS4 controller PCB, and is working on the Xbone right now. I guess the LT/RT is causing issues for whatever reason.

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
i'm gonna get aquapazza. is chaos code any good?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Acute Hepatitis posted:

It's fun to horse around with but it gets super broken at high levels, especially the version that we still have on console currently. No netplay.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Acute Hepatitis posted:

Both are good games and worth playing, though the Chaos Code buffer system might turn you off a little because of it's extra leniency and tendency to gently caress up your combos sometimes.

rivals posted:

:ssh: It's a better game than blazblue.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a big fat liar.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Learn about the future of Virtua Fighter on December 26th.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Future of Virtua Fighter, Western Edition: People Still Won't Play This Game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Has anyone played KI yet? The only people I know are hardcore Xbox apologists and I'd like to hear how the game is.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dias posted:

The Future of Virtua Fighter, Western Edition: People Still Won't Play This Game.

True, but oh so sad :(

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Has anyone played KI yet? The only people I know are hardcore Xbox apologists and I'd like to hear how the game is.
JWong and Valle were each streaming it on their respective streams last night. I didn't watch much, they both seemed to be enjoying it generally, but I did see JWong's console randomly reboot in the middle of an online match.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Divekick on sale on Steam for 2.49. I still haven't bought it, don't know if it's worth that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Divekick on sale on Steam for 2.49. I still haven't bought it, don't know if it's worth that much.

I payed 10 and feel it was worth it.

• Locked thread