Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dr. Faustus posted:

Sure, I'm happy to!

The question was, "So why did they drop new cars that were added for Forza 4?"

The answer is: We only know what Dan Greenwalt said. He said, to paraphrase, "If it didn't meet our next-gen look, we scrapped it for later." I think I got that about right.

Asking for anything more than that, in this thread, is like asking in Musician's Lounge why Fender chose this paint over that one when no one in the Lounge actually works for Fender so no one in the Lounge can actually give an expert testimony or any other answer than guesses and press releases.

Does that make sense to you? If not, I'll try harder.

Oops, I see WienerDog answered the question quite well, and then Mozi chimed in with some speculation to paint this game in the worst light. You take the good with the bad, of course.

It's a completely rushed money grab with ludicrously priced microtransactions. If you're getting a new version of a product that is worse and costs more, you should be telling other people in order to correct the behavior of the company. That's how the marketplace works.

This is important because people right now are deciding whether or not to buy this game. Once everyone who wants to buy it does, then it is time for hugpile "how do we maximize our enjoyment of our game thread."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Your aspergers is showing.

This isn't your own personal echo chamber. This is a discussion thread on a game in a series a lot of people were passionate about. This latest version was gutted, often for no good reason and people are understandably upset about it. Saying we can't discuss the features that were removed because there is nobody here who can confirm why they were removed is loving stupid.

Your guitar analogy is hosed too, a more apt analogy would be asking in musicians lounge why the only new guitar fender sells is now a 5 string, and why they're selling a 6th string upgrade kit for twice the price of the guitar.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Less tracks, less cars, not a graphical improvement, less features, evidence of money-grabbing DLC and tokens. Forza 5 isn't a platform-seller, its something to lure in Forza fans to give them more money because they say so.

I'd thought by now that adding more tracks would be the best idea, not adding new ones and removing good ones. I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. I've bought Forza 1-4 and enjoyed Forza Horizons but if I even get an Xbone I'll wait and see what Forza 6 will bring. I'm patient, there's a ton of other race games out there for less money and offer more, plus my wheels and pedals work with my PC.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Saying we can't criticze something because we don't work there is idiotic. No matter what Turn 10 representatives say (people have been known to lie) it's painfully obvious that some things were left out to sell again as DLC. This whole "Not up to snuff" thing they trotted out is bullshit. They are saying they made Bernie's Alps a good enough quality to be upgrade for 5, but not Sonoma or Hockenheim? If a car wasn't good enough quality to make it in, it was cut. What about all the cars that were good enough quality? Why were they cut if not to be sold back to us for more money? It's not very hard to make an educated guess and your grandstanding for Turn 10 simply because you liked the previous Forza games is kind of annoying. Maxis is the company that made Sim City 2000, 4 and The Sims. Should we bend over backwards and praise them simply because they made Sim City at all and ignore the fact that it was a big pile of poo poo? I'm not going to walk on eggshells and use kid gloves on a company after they make something that's poo poo just because they once made something great.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, once again, I would like to state that I defend FM on the strength of their past work. FM5 does not exist in a vacuum, and presumptions that low-content releases with highly-monetized DLC are the future is speculation at best. It flies in the face of their history and I am not ready to believe the worst, yet.

Oh, so because old games were great, a new one is free from doubts and criticisms? Tell that to everyone who bought SimCity, or Star Control 3, or Masters of Orion 3, or any other number of games from awesome series' that were complete garbage. And no, it does not fly in the face of their history, Horizon already gave us a 20 dollar Rally DLC that added gently caress-all to the game and a bunch of car packs that were more expensive on a per-car basis than they were in Forza 4 while giving us cars directly imported from 4. Microsoft published that game and they are publishing this one too; even if Turn 10 doesn't want to milk consumers, it is VERY obvious that Microsoft does, given how every single other launch Xbone game has just as much microtransaction bullshit being thrown in your face as Forza 5 does.

I am critical of this game because it was one of the very few exclusives for either console that I gave a drat about. I'm critical of it because it is very transparent why things are the way they are. And above all else, I am critical of this game because I loving love Forza. I've put over 1600 hours into Forza 2, 3 and 4 combined. I've bought every single car and track pack. There is no series of games in this past console generation that I have sunk more time into or enjoyed more thoroughly than Forza. Forza 5 removed most of the cars I enjoyed, it removed many of the tracks I enjoyed, it removed pretty much every community-oriented system, including things that date back to the very first game. It isn't as simple as them removing some things because it's a rushed launch game; there are plenty of very obvious things they have changed or removed because they want suckers like you to give them more money.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
WOW!!!

I'm seeing post after post from people (most of whom I have raced and hung out with for a LONG time) accusing me of saying things I simply have not said.

Someone even said I have Aspergers Syndrome! Because I reply to posts directed at me? Because I disagree with opinions posted in reply to mine? Well, I should count myself lucky, at least I haven't been accused of being a troll yet!

Have you ever seen The Life of Brian? Remember the song "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life?" That's what I'm doing with this iteration of the XBox and this racing game. I'm not crying about the sky falling, I'm just saying, "Look at this series, at this developer. Have a little faith!" It's still, as they say, "Early days."

For the record, I've never said or implied the following assertions that have been attributed to me:

"Oh, so because old games were great, a new one is free from doubts and criticisms?"

Nope. All I have said is that because the old games were great, the future ones could be as well. This one could be, too. It's too soon to say!

"Saying we can't criticize something because we don't work there is idiotic."

Of course it is! Saying you can attribute causation for the current state of the product based on videos, a few words from a press release or two; and comparisons to what came on the previous generation IS idiotic, because it's based on speculation and is steeped in tons of negativity.
I happen to be of the opinion that it's a little early to take every criticism at face value. If I'm wrong, I'll come right in here and say so. I promised.

"This whole 'Not up to snuff' thing they trotted out is bullshit."

Pure speculation. It's not worth debating without more data. I see no reason to doubt it, but I'm being "the glass half-full" right now. This could change.

"Less tracks, less cars, not a graphical improvement, less features, evidence of money-grabbing DLC and tokens."

This has all been covered ad nauseum, except for "Not a graphical improvement." I can't comment on the graphics or the money until I experience it myself. Until then I will make few judgements. If I think F4 looks better than 5, I'll say so. I play a lot of PC games, and I often do without AA at high-res, especially if the framerate is high. Anisotropic filtering is important, of course, but I haven't seen a screenshot that makes me cringe and curse Turn10 yet, much less a video. I guess I'm just a fanboy (or a troll). That's what you're all thinking, right?

"This isn't your own personal echo chamber."

It isn't???? This is what you're telling ME??
What gave it away? The "DOGPILE ON FAUSTUS?" Or the "WE MUST RESPOND TO HIS EVERY POST WITH THE OBVIOUS EVIL THAT IS BEING PERPETRATED UPON US NON-ADOPTERS BECAUSE HE IS SUCH A STUPID SHITHEAD WHO CAN'T COUNT CARS AND TRACKS AND MONEY" sentiment that is taking over this thread?? Here I was thinking that this was my bully-pulpit, and you all were my rapt disciples. Boy is MY face red!

"This latest version was gutted, often for no good reason and people are understandably upset about it."

What counts as a good reason for you? I'll be as upset about it as anyone else; but I am not attributing anything yet to naked greed and incompetence, as so many of folks here are. I'm actually willing to sit back, wait, and think before I make a judgement.

"It's a completely rushed money grab with ludicrously priced microtransactions."

Go back through this thread and count how many times I have stated in plain English (American English... sorry, Brits and Aussies and Canucks) that this game is suffering terribly from console launch-itis. Early-adopters of new hardware and games get the short end and almost always have. I have not been in the least unrealistic about this. Why are you all still beating me up about this?

"It isn't as simple as them removing some things because it's a rushed launch game; there are plenty of very obvious things they have changed or removed because they want suckers like you to give them more money."

I can see what has been removed, but why should your interpretation of the motivation behind the sad changes be the only possible interpretation? I want the new game and console, so I'm a sucker. Fine. I'm sure you never spend your disposable income on things you don't need and therefore are perfectly justified in calling me a sucker.

"Your guitar analogy is hosed too, a more apt analogy would be asking in musicians lounge why the only new guitar fender sells is now a 5 string, and why they're selling a 6th string upgrade kit for twice the price of the guitar."

So my "guitar analogy" in unworkable, but your "guitar analogy" captures the spirit of this situation perfectly. Well, poo poo. gently caress me, man. I tried.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Dr. Faustus posted:

WOW!!!

I'm seeing post after post from people (most of whom I have raced and hung out with for a LONG time) accusing me of saying things I simply have not said.

Someone even said I have Aspergers Syndrome! Because I reply to posts directed at me? Because I disagree with opinions posted in reply to mine? Well, I should count myself lucky, at least I haven't been accused of being a troll yet!

Have you ever seen The Life of Brian? Remember the song "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life?" That's what I'm doing with this iteration of the XBox and this racing game. I'm not crying about the sky falling, I'm just saying, "Look at this series, at this developer. Have a little faith!" It's still, as they say, "Early days."

For the record, I've never said or implied the following assertions that have been attributed to me:

"Oh, so because old games were great, a new one is free from doubts and criticisms?"

Nope. All I have said is that because the old games were great, the future ones could be as well. This one could be, too. It's too soon to say!

Of course it is! Saying you can attribute causation for the current state of the product based on videos, a few words from a press release or two; and comparisons to what came on the previous generation IS idiotic, because it's based on speculation and is steeped in tons of negativity.
I happen to be of the opinion that it's a little early to take every criticism at face value. If I'm wrong, I'll come right in here and say so. I promised.

Pure speculation. It's not worth debating without more data. I see no reason to doubt it, but I'm being "the glass half-full" right now. This could change.

"Less tracks, less cars, not a graphical improvement, less features, evidence of money-grabbing DLC and tokens."

This has all been covered ad nauseum, except for "Not a graphical improvement." I can't comment on the graphics or the money until I experience it myself. Until then I will make few judgements. If I think F4 looks better than 5, I'll say so. I play a lot of PC games, and I often do without AA at high-res, especially if the framerate is high. Anisotropic filtering is important, of course, but I haven't seen a screenshot that makes me cringe and curse Turn10 yet, much less a video. I guess I'm just a fanboy (or a troll). That's what you're all thinking, right?

What gave it away? The "DOGPILE ON FAUSTUS?" Or the "WE MUST RESPOND TO HIS EVERY POST WITH THE OBVIOUS EVIL THAT IS BEING PERPETRATED UPON US NON-ADOPTERS BECAUSE HE IS SUCH A STUPID SHITHEAD WHO CAN'T COUNT CARS AND TRACKS AND MONEY" sentiment that is taking over this thread?? Here I was thinking that this was my bully-pulpit, and you all were my rapt disciples. Boy is MY face red!

"This latest version was gutted, often for no good reason and people are understandably upset about it."

What counts as a good reason for you? I'll be as upset about it as anyone else; but I am not attributing anything yet to naked greed and incompetence, as so many of folks here are. I'm actually willing to sit back, wait, and think before I make a judgement.

"It's a completely rushed money grab with ludicrously priced microtransactions."

Go back through this thread and count how many times I have stated in plain English (American English... sorry, Brits and Aussies and Canucks) that this game is suffering terribly from console launch-itis. Early-adopters of new hardware and games get the short end and almost always have. I have not been in the least unrealistic about this. Why are you all still beating me up about this?

"It isn't as simple as them removing some things because it's a rushed launch game; there are plenty of very obvious things they have changed or removed because they want suckers like you to give them more money."

I can see what has been removed, but why should your interpretation of the motivation behind the sad changes be the only possible interpretation? I want the new game and console, so I'm a sucker. Fine. I'm sure you never spend your disposable income on things you don't need and therefore are perfectly justified in calling me a sucker.

"Your guitar analogy is hosed too, a more apt analogy would be asking in musicians lounge why the only new guitar fender sells is now a 5 string, and why they're selling a 6th string upgrade kit for twice the price of the guitar."

So my "guitar analogy" in unworkable, but your "guitar analogy" captures the spirit of this situation perfectly. Well, poo poo. gently caress me, man. I tried.

Your arguments are completely stupid and your talking about this bad car game like you are in the 60s and we can all be better off if we pull together to cheerlead this game.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Were you crying the entire time you typed that, or did it just start halfway through?

quote:

A good reason to remove features is that those features didn't work.

Leaderboards, manufacturer affinity, level reward cars, the auction house, livery/tuning storefronts, completely open freeplay, drag racing. All of these things worked well in forza 4. It obviously doesn't take any extra coding to bring any of them back, but they're not there. Manufacturer affinity, level reward cars, the auction house, and open free play have all be "replaced" by tokens.

The only 2 possibilities are naked greed or incompetence. There is no other possiblity. There is no other reason why free play mode would have been cut down so harshly. Half the game is locked away behind either a grind or a dollar, and this is ignoring the lack of content and the DLC nickel and diming.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Well, it has a 60's Mini which technically makes it the best Forza ever. :colbert:

(no, i'm still not buying it)

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dr. Faustus posted:

Someone even said I have Aspergers Syndrome!

:monocle:

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:
I bought the game and I'm enjoying it. Hope this helps!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

[Editor's note: holy crap]

Dude, I think you need to step away from the forums for a bit.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

General Probe posted:

What Minimaul has said is probably the most accurate statement regarding F5. With that in mind GentlemenofLeisure would you be so kind as to add https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqVwtINwB0GkdFdaeGJ3M3hmamlBR21uYTN6bTZObVE&usp=sharing#gid=0 to the OP and draw attention to it so we can get some goon racing going?
Done. Look for it near the top of the post with an accompanying :siren:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Dr. Faustus posted:

WOW!!!

So do you recommend the game or not.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
So I've added as many goons as possible so that the drivatar defaults to them and bumped the difficulty for the AI to the second highest and I've got to say I'm really enjoying it. Goon drivatars are wsy less assholish than gen pop, and with the news podium system I feel less pressured to come first every race. As a result raved feel easy more competitive and alive. If you're a goon and are frustrated by the AI add your name to the goon list in the OP!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yeah yeah yeah. I'm sitting at my laptop crying my eyes out because no one will give me the benefit of the doubt in the games forums at SomethingAwful.com.

I can barely type through my tears but at least I can prove my sincerity:

I've got the game, now I just need the console.

"Dude, I think you need to step away from the forums for a bit."

I'm a wordy guy, I like to talk and debate. I know it's not that popular around here (unless you are in the majority) but it's cool.

When I get my console, I can't wait to go racing with the few of you who actually want the game. At least now I have mine.

I hope T10 and MS do everything they can to make the game more interesting to the rest of you. I really do, because I would much rather race with serious goons than your average pubbie-type.

Ringo Star Get posted:

So do you recommend the game or not.

To you, yes.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I'm not really sure anyone wants to race with you after that awkward meltdown.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There will be plenty of awkward meltdowns while you are racing, don't worry about it.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

I cranked the drivatar difficulty up to Unbeatable, holy poo poo they are actually challenging!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is it just L Harrison 15 times?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr. Faustus posted:

WOW!!!

Someone even said I have Aspergers Syndrome!

Youre within the artistic spectrum.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So Faustus, are you defending all of the Pay to win stuff going on? Because of the developers lowering credit gain from racing, they've put a unneeded emphasis on tokens.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Can anyone give me some examples of the cars reused in 4? I am curious to look at them now in game.

Can you tell they are older models?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Is it just L Harrison 15 times?

No, because I haven't played the game. :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ultimateforce posted:

Can anyone give me some examples of the cars reused in 4? I am curious to look at them now in game.

Can you tell they are older models?

The R32 Skyline and 2nd gen MR2 are two that were definitely reused, and I'd imagine most/all 2011 and 2010 models are reused as well.

From what I've been reading on the official forums, the R32 Skyline is one of the most obvious reused cars because that model has been used since Forza 2.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I don't know that responding to your critics counts as melting down, but I do run a good lobby (my connection is pretty good, too,) and I race clean (as clean as I am able).
I'm not going to be playing single player unless I have no other choice. I love to host.

Don't mind Coja, btw. Coja manifests his frustrations on the track instead of on SA. Except when he manifests his frustrations on SA.

"Youre within the artistic spectrum."

Yep! I sing, play guitar, and bass, I engineer and produce music. I'd be happy to share some if you're interested.

"So Faustus, are you defending all of the Pay to win stuff going on? Because of the developers lowering credit gain from racing, they've put a unneeded emphasis on tokens."

I am not. I suspect MS is making a huge overreach here; but others have said money is not so hard to come by. I can't comment until I put some time into the game (unlike others here who won't play it before they bash the poo poo out of it.)

Ironed Idol
Nov 16, 2013

by XyloJW

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm sitting at my laptop crying my eyes out because no one will give me the benefit of the doubt in the games forums at SomethingAwful.com.

I can barely type through my tears but at least I can prove my sincerity:

I've got the game, now I just need the console.

"Dude, I think you need to step away from the forums for a bit."

I'm a wordy guy, I like to talk and debate. I know it's not that popular around here (unless you are in the majority) but it's cool.

When I get my console, I can't wait to go racing with the few of you who actually want the game. At least now I have mine.

I hope T10 and MS do everything they can to make the game more interesting to the rest of you. I really do, because I would much rather race with serious goons than your average pubbie-type.

To you, yes.

I'll help you.

Talking with a store employee at the Time Square Toys"R"Us store, right in the heart of New York City, the Dual Shockers reporter learned that the store still had "easily a few hundred" units left.

In the Midtown Manhattan Best Buy store on 5th avenue, he was told that there are still "a lot" of units left for sale, and even spied several rows of the "super limited" black "day one" Xbox Ones for sale.

NG4 user JuniorCE also took this picture of rows of day one Xbox Ones for sale at the West Hollywood Best Buy in Los Angeles.

On the other hand, both New York stores reported having absolutely no PS4s for sale, although it is still difficult to make a direct comparison, as the Best Buy clerk said that his store received less PS4 units than Xbox Ones.

We'll have to wait for the official sales data to confirm exactly how well the Xbox Sold, but the fact that you can still get day one edition consoles in the heart of one of the busiest cities in America is perhaps not a great sign.

Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129937-Report-Xbox-One-Not-as-Sold-Out-as-Microsoft-Claims#hTvBdk9Jdc5Z3L9H.99

Go to toys'r'us and go get one

http://maine.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=xbox&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Here is how many are available in Maine.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Captain Hair posted:

Well, it has a 60's Mini which technically makes it the best Forza ever. :colbert:

(no, i'm still not buying it)

For the cost of an Xbox One, Forza 5, a racing wheel, DLC, and enough Forza Funbucks to actually access that DLC, I could probably buy a second hand Mini for real.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ironed Idol posted:

I'll help you.
Thanks?

bibz
Jan 29, 2004
Stop posting bullshit lies. The graphics are loving waaaay better. The experience is way better. If all you care about is 'consumer' crap, go find a shopping forum not a games forum. If you really think its better off spending tonnes on pc sim stuff by all means go do that. I did. Then what?

Peoples purchasing decisions is somehow ruining discussing gaming at the moment, they can't ignore adding why they don't want to buy something. If higher quality doesn't matter to you that poo poo exists elsewhere. What doesn't is AI that isn't just a straight line train. It's actually fun to hang back and justle with them to see what they'll do. The sound is great, graphics great, handling great. You know, the bits that make a game a fun experience. As an overall package I haven't had more addicting fun in a car game since the classic gran turismo's that died a long time ago. And in HD and 55", thats new.

I can't believe how suckered into marketing hyperbole people generally are this time round. And oh no theres microtransactions, that don't give you anything you can't get just playing normally.

DLC sucks peen, but you'd be just as up in arms if they didn't support a game after launch either. Another justifiable reason not to buy anything. Power to the people!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I too am enjoying this game on the following (possibly idiotic) merits:

1) It's a really solid and fun racing game with fantastic sound, amazing visuals, and rock-solid butter-smooth 60 fps on all tracks and all situations. Maybe I should quit playing it and read more neogaf threads and learn why that's so wrong, but until that happens, I'm having a great time with it.

2) I don't care what other people do with their lunch money

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart

bibz posted:

Stop posting bullshit lies. The graphics are loving waaaay better. The experience is way better. If all you care about is 'consumer' crap, go find a shopping forum not a games forum. If you really think its better off spending tonnes on pc sim stuff by all means go do that. I did. Then what?

Peoples purchasing decisions is somehow ruining discussing gaming at the moment, they can't ignore adding why they don't want to buy something. If higher quality doesn't matter to you that poo poo exists elsewhere. What doesn't is AI that isn't just a straight line train. It's actually fun to hang back and justle with them to see what they'll do. The sound is great, graphics great, handling great. You know, the bits that make a game a fun experience. As an overall package I haven't had more addicting fun in a car game since the classic gran turismo's that died a long time ago. And in HD and 55", thats new.

I can't believe how suckered into marketing hyperbole people generally are this time round. And oh no theres microtransactions, that don't give you anything you can't get just playing normally.

DLC sucks peen, but you'd be just as up in arms if they didn't support a game after launch either. Another justifiable reason not to buy anything. Power to the people!

What are you getting from this game that you didn't get from 4?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cream posted:

What are you getting from this game that you didn't get from 4?

And is that thing worth buying the console (most people in this thread only care about Forza on the console right now, so I consider this a fair addition to the costs), the game, the DLC cars, and a new steering wheel (360 peripherals don't work for ???? reason), as opposed to just playing Forza 4 more or trying out GT6?

If you're curious, that comes out to 499 (console) + 60 (game) + 50 (for the first 10 car packs, many of which will be from Forza 4) + 399 (the Thrustmaster controller was the only steering wheel for the Xbone I could find, feel free to point me to a cheaper one)= 1008, before taxes, both real ones and silly non-US markups.

I mean, it's great that you for whatever reason don't need to worry about costs, but nearly everyone else has to keep these in mind when they decide to play or not play a game. Cost is a pretty huge part of a game, it's the barrier of entry to the actual gameplay, and is entirely worth discussing alongside the gameplay, sound, writing (obv. not in this case), and graphics.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 26, 2013

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

When did the assumption everyone is buying all of the dlc packs start?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You have to. It's in the Turn 10 terms of service :( I didn't read them and now I own $65,000 in forza tokens.

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart
I loving hope they don't buy any. Or the tokens. Or this poo poo cash grab game. If you do any or all of these three things, you may just get a decent 6.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

hitze posted:

Well I mean, the base game sans DLC has about 190 cars, the DLC packs for the next 6 months (the total time it would take to get all 6 packs out of the DLC pass) is 73 cars, ignoring more than 30% of the total car list just makes that number even sadder compared to Forza 4 or GTA6.

If you insist though, you can cheerfully remove the $50 out of the equation, and the $399 Thrustmaster controller if I guess you're one of those weirdos who play lightgun games with a mouse cursor.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

hitze posted:

When someone asked the question "What are you getting out of this game that you didn't get out of 4?"

Since, you know, you'd have to buy what is assumed to be a good amount of the DLC to access the content which was already in the base of Forza 4.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hitze posted:

It never did. The problem most people have is with the fact that the DLC they have given us has been mostly imported Forza 4 models and that many feel as though they are holding back cars and tracks to sell as DLC. And they already did this for Horizon, so it isn't like there's no precedent for this happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Exmond posted:

:psyduck:

So you are defending forza 5 but you haven't even played it yet? And to defend it you have to use weird metaphors/ancedotes about musicians?

To be fair, a lot of us are bashing the game without having even played it.

hitze posted:

Only weirdo's like me do this. Although if I owned Forza 5, I wouldnt touch the DLC. It needs to be all original cars or i'm not down with it.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 26, 2013

• Locked thread