Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Many of the BG1 CNPCs are in BG2, just not as joinables.
I thought it was rather funny how many of the joinable NPCs seem to have coincidentally ended up in the same area as the PC.

Cythereal posted:

I know. That's the point. IIRC, Imoen is also arguably raped, given the context of coercion.
Wouldn't that be following BG2? I thought it was implied fairly strongly that Irenicus did things to Imoen. The three dryads you meed call themselves his concubines and when Imoen talks to them there's the exchange: Imoen: "I used to dream... but he doesn't. Your charms don't work on him anymore, do they?" Dryad: "How do you know of this? He has touched you as we, hasn't he?". Also, there was the bit in ToB where if Imoen gives Sarevok a piece of her soul and then asks him what the effects were he says "Perhaps you would be interested to know that I can feel the knives of Irenicus, slicing into my skin, torturing me. I can feel his hands and his breath, I *know* what he did to you, girl...".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Factor_VIII posted:

Wouldn't that be following BG2? I thought it was implied fairly strongly that Irenicus did things to Imoen. The three dryads you meed call themselves his concubines and when Imoen talks to them there's the exchange: Imoen: "I used to dream... but he doesn't. Your charms don't work on him anymore, do they?" Dryad: "How do you know of this? He has touched you as we, hasn't he?". Also, there was the bit in ToB where if Imoen gives Sarevok a piece of her soul and then asks him what the effects were he says "Perhaps you would be interested to know that I can feel the knives of Irenicus, slicing into my skin, torturing me. I can feel his hands and his breath, I *know* what he did to you, girl...".

In the book, Imoen is pressured into boinking a drow priestess.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Factor_VIII posted:

I thought it was rather funny how many of the joinable NPCs seem to have coincidentally ended up in the same area as the PC.

I mean it definitely can be interpreted like that but it easy to just say 'horrible torture' particularly the feeling part given she later describes Irenicus demonstrating that hes completely devoid of emotions (or at least positive ones) when hes mutilating Khalid's corpse (Stab, "See? Nothing!" I believe is the conversation). It's cause pain to try and point out hes dead inside without explain why. In general Irenicus is pretty hosed up but goddamn to I love David Warner.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

kingcom posted:

I mean it definitely can be interpreted like that but it easy to just say 'horrible torture' particularly the feeling part given she later describes Irenicus demonstrating that hes completely devoid of emotions (or at least positive ones) when hes mutilating Khalid's corpse (Stab, "See? Nothing!" I believe is the conversation). It's cause pain to try and point out hes dead inside without explain why. In general Irenicus is pretty hosed up but goddamn to I love David Warner.
Irenicus may have been emotionally dead, but he was using the dryads to try and recreate the passion he had had for Ellesime, who was the woman he had loved. He may have tortured them as well, but since they called themselves his concubines I doubt that was the only thing he did to the dryads. And the fact they said Irenicus touched rather than tortured Imoen the way he did them is pretty suggestive, considering what "touch" can be used as a euphemism for.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Factor_VIII posted:

Irenicus may have been emotionally dead, but he was using the dryads to try and recreate the passion he had had for Ellesime, who was the woman he had loved. He may have tortured them as well, but since they called themselves his concubines I doubt that was the only thing he did to the dryads. And the fact they said Irenicus touched rather than tortured Imoen the way he did them is pretty suggestive, considering what "touch" can be used as a euphemism for.

Sure but then you have the idea that the whole plot is about people stealing souls and abusing someones internal spirit is another use of it but regardless, everything is handled way, way better than the wifebeating fun times of the novels.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Cythereal posted:

In the book, Imoen is pressured into boinking a drow priestess.
I'm curious; how does that come about? Imoen takes one for the team so that the protagonist doesn't have to bang Phaere?

kingcom posted:

Sure but then you have the idea that the whole plot is about people stealing souls and abusing someones internal spirit is another use of it but regardless, everything is handled way, way better than the wifebeating fun times of the novels.
I've never read any of the novels, but based on what I've heard about them I have no doubt that the game is better.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Factor_VIII posted:

I'm curious; how does that come about? Imoen takes one for the team so that the protagonist doesn't have to bang Phaere?

I've never read any of the novels, but based on what I've heard about them I have no doubt that the game is better.

The protaganist is literally a worse person than Saverok is in the games so....

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Factor_VIII posted:

I don't remember very clearly - I read the books back in middle school when I first played the BG series - but I think so, yes. IIRC, the moronic chucklefuck of a protagonist told Imoen that she boinked Phaere or the party's cover would be blown. Imoen decided she already preferred women anyway.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

kingcom posted:

I was a male character so no idea how it works with a female romance but in general shes more accepted that she didn't essentially choose to be a vampire and is more mindlessly following anything that connects her to her old life. It acts more as a lifeline to her being just a normal person but otherwise is not super aggressive or hostile in most circumstances. She is mostly reserved and chilled though, gets along with most of your party members so that the good characters are extremely conflicted about being hostile to the evil vampire who does nothing but back them up. Essentially shes the exact opposite character to Viconia who does nothing but poo poo on people and talk down to everyone. I really like her but I can see people being annoyed by it (and until I can figure out how to trigger her final quest I cant see how her plot ends).

I think the best character moment for her is that when Minsc is basically making his move to 'I should kill you evil fiend!', she talks about how awesome his miniature giant space hamster is and Minsc is all 'Oh you know him too!' and she immediately turns around and says to you 'thanks for telling me about that.'

I guess shes very good at manipulating peoples perceptions of her but doesn't really use that to harm them?

EDIT: I think they use the Hexxat character to poke a lot of fun at every characters personal flaws. Minsc is a good guy but an idiot, Aerie is an emotional child who is unable to think about thing beyond the absolute surface. Its a cool character and it just makes me want to have her mix with everyone to see what they added.

Sounds bordering on Mary Sue-ish to be honest. "She's a Vampire, but it's totally cool she's alright and basically has no flaws". I dunno. Gives me a wrong vibe.

Factor_VIII posted:

That's certainly possible but Irenicus is simply too dead inside and scientific in his approach to things for me to honestly believe he'd do that. Maybe in the distant past, when there was still enough of him left to feel a desire for the Dryads. But now? He's too far gone.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 26, 2013

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Cythereal posted:

I don't remember very clearly - I read the books back in middle school when I first played the BG series - but I think so, yes. IIRC, the moronic chucklefuck of a protagonist told Imoen that she boinked Phaere or the party's cover would be blown. Imoen decided she already preferred women anyway.
Interestingly, the Mission Pack Save included in ToSC with a party that could tackle the expansion pack's content included a character called Abdel who must have been the novel's protagonist. Hr was a Neutral Good Human Fighter and his stats were STR 18(90), DEX 19, CON 19, INT 7, WIS 6, CHA 18. With an Int of 7 and Wis of 6 I guess he really was a complete moron. Interesting that he was Good instead of Neutral.

Also, his companions were Edwin, Viconia, Jaheira, Minsc and Imoen instead of the canon party from the start of BG2.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Factor_VIII posted:

Interestingly, the Mission Pack Save included in ToSC with a party that could tackle the expansion pack's content included a character called Abdel who must have been the novel's protagonist. Hr was a Neutral Good Human Fighter and his stats were STR 18(90), DEX 19, CON 19, INT 7, WIS 6, CHA 18. With an Int of 7 and Wis of 6 I guess he really was a complete moron. Interesting that he was Good instead of Neutral.

Abdel is neutral at best. IIRC, he also boinks Bodhi.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Factor_VIII posted:

He was a Neutral Good Human Fighter and his stats were STR 18(90), DEX 19, CON 19, INT 7, WIS 6, CHA 18.

If the book Abdel was Good, I'm a porcupine. And drat straight he was stupid. Dude hosed Bodhi.

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Abdel is neutral at best. IIRC, he also boinks Bodhi.
Negative Plane Protection only lasts for 5 rounds, so he must have been pretty quick.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

Sounds bordering on Mary Sue-ish to be honest. "She's a Vampire, but it's totally cool she's alright and basically has no flaws". I dunno. Gives me a wrong vibe.

I dont think its that bad, her one defining feature (everyone in baldurs gate 2 has the one) is that she is essentially directionless in her life and its pretty obvious she didn't want to be a vampire. Though on the other hand shes completely subservient to the characters who keep giving her missions which I dont know what the payoff is.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sleep of Bronze posted:

If the book Abdel was Good, I'm a porcupine. And drat straight he was stupid. Dude hosed Bodhi.

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Oh my god these sound like the best books to hate-read. Even the story in that giant published BG-1 guide was better than that.

Actually I really liked that story, though I haven't read it in easily a decade.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It sounds like RA Salvatore could have done a better job. Think about that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kingcom posted:

Theres only so many mindflayer fights one man can take. Again, I will learn if there was a way to teach me but guides don't seem to come with too many specifics on 'if your in this situation you can deal with them like this.' I'm not the best at learning through through written text anyway to be honest, so loads of trial and error is generally the way for me.

Dan Simpson 's guide on gamefaqs has tips for many different types of enemies, specifically the ones with special attacks and defenses, like Golems, Mind Flayers and Dragons

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

It sounds like RA Salvatore could have done a better job. Think about that.
By D&D novel standards, RA Salvatore is a great author.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Dan Simpson 's guide on gamefaqs has tips for many different types of enemies, specifically the ones with special attacks and defenses, like Golems, Mind Flayers and Dragons

I had a read of his stuff and its alright. I love how a ton of it comes down "Summon stuff and kill them".

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Once I was on vacation without access to much of anything beyond long walks, and I was told that the Drizz't books were good, so I bought the trilogy and read the whole thing. I recognized a few pages in that it was not going to get any better than terrible. It was like drinking a gallon of milk, but I was just so bored that I was willing to subject myself to it. All I remember is a good-aligned hook horror that nobly sacrifices itself so that the protagonist might live.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Once I was on vacation without access to much of anything beyond long walks, and I was told that the Drizz't books were good, so I bought the trilogy and read the whole thing. I recognized a few pages in that it was not going to get any better than terrible. It was like drinking a gallon of milk, but I was just so bored that I was willing to subject myself to it. All I remember is a good-aligned hook horror that nobly sacrifices itself so that the protagonist might live.

I've never actually read any D&D books because from what I gather, they aren't even the good kind of bad with ridiculous insanity like the 40k books. This is why Baldurs Gate is great, you get to kill Drizz't and take his stuff twice.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Basic Chunnel posted:

Clacker was awesome :colbert:

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Do the books say anything about how clean elven arses are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oegNXEujKXo

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Stumiester posted:

I'm using a Beserker (to Druid in BG2EE) in BGEE, with the new NPCs and Imoen, meaning 3 fighters, one mage, one dualed thief->mage that is currently a level 3 mage, and its completely doable. I just completed the hardest fight in SCS BG in my opinion (fully improved bandit camp), and if you can do that with just mages you can do anything.
Ya, honestly I find the improved bandit to not be that bad if you bring all the AoE. Necklace of missiles, fiery oil, explosive potions, etc. SCS sure makes it fun and it's a lot of bodies that hit the floor.

Speaking of the new NPCs, I really hated Rasaad at first but at level 6, he's been fine for me. The shield necklace was really the clincher in getting him to survive harder fights. He can drop down to about -4 AC in my game if he uses the necklace. The little fire based AoE skill is pretty handy for clearing away entire packs of stupid fodder.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
When I mentioned resting "realistically" a page back or so, I didn't quite mean going back to the entrance, I just don't spam the rest button after every fight. For example, in the overworld I would only rest my characters when they were fatigued, which is fairly often as changing maps can take days of in-game time. In dungeons, I just tried to make it make some sense. A party of characters that just spent half a day slaughtering kobolds shouldn't be able to rest peacefully for 8+ hours just because more of the scaly fucks aren't within the game's visual range of 100 metres. I'm probably biased, but when I was still playing table-top 2nd edition I had a great DM who really made that horrid game good, and one of his things was that using resources properly was a big deal, peaceful rest was never guaranteed, and a good adversary never lets you catch your breath. I still remember a particularly intense running battle through half of Myth Drannor that lasted days in-game, and every HP lost was a huge deal to us. Yes, believe it or not, we actually had fun in the Forgotten Realms.

Speaking of FR, Salvatore isn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be, it's just cool to slag him off. It's the old "he's popular, therefore he sucks" phenomenon. I wouldn't say I like him as much as Cunningham, Denning or Feist (I don't read as much sword & sorcery as I used to) and I freely admit that the Transitions trilogy was a steaming pile of shite due to the horrid changeover to 4th edition. However, Servant of the Shard was one of the best light fiction novels I have ever read... which may or may not be due to the fact that his main protagonists don't actually appear in the book.

Edit: I will confess with slight shame that I am terrible about hoarding resources. Healing potions not so much, but wands, other potions, and charged items I never want to use. It's the old "But I might need it later!" syndrome.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

JustJeff88 posted:

When I mentioned resting "realistically" a page back or so, I didn't quite mean going back to the entrance, I just don't spam the rest button after every fight. For example, in the overworld I would only rest my characters when they were fatigued, which is fairly often as changing maps can take days of in-game time. In dungeons, I just tried to make it make some sense. A party of characters that just spent half a day slaughtering kobolds shouldn't be able to rest peacefully for 8+ hours just because more of the scaly fucks aren't within the game's visual range of 100 metres. I'm probably biased, but when I was still playing table-top 2nd edition I had a great DM who really made that horrid game good, and one of his things was that using resources properly was a big deal, peaceful rest was never guaranteed, and a good adversary never lets you catch your breath. I still remember a particularly intense running battle through half of Myth Drannor that lasted days in-game, and every HP lost was a huge deal to us. Yes, believe it or not, we actually had fun in the Forgotten Realms.

Speaking of FR, Salvatore isn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be, it's just cool to slag him off. It's the old "he's popular, therefore he sucks" phenomenon. I wouldn't say I like him as much as Cunningham, Denning or Feist (I don't read as much sword & sorcery as I used to) and I freely admit that the Transitions trilogy was a steaming pile of shite due to the horrid changeover to 4th edition. However, Servant of the Shard was one of the best light fiction novels I have ever read... which may or may not be due to the fact that his main protagonists don't actually appear in the book.

Edit: I will confess with slight shame that I am terrible about hoarding resources. Healing potions not so much, but wands, other potions, and charged items I never want to use. It's the old "But I might need it later!" syndrome.

I should just start selling potions and stuff since I literally never use them.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Factor_VIII posted:

By D&D novel standards, RA Salvatore is a great author.

I actually enjoy his early stories. I think I stopped reading before the Hunter's Blade Trilogy, though I own the book for it.

I really enjoyed Path of Darkness if only because a major focus was on Artemis Entreri and he was legitimately more interesting than Drizzt at the time.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Didn't Paths of Darkness also include the books about Wulfgar recovering from PTSD? That was actually a really refreshing take on the standard d&d fare. Salvatore can write some pretty good stuff when he has a topic in mind.

The following series, the Sellswords Trilogy is loving awful though. A Jarlaxle/Entreri buddy comedy sounds fun, but trust me it really, really isn't.

Edit: oh, Servant of the Shard (good book) was in the Paths of Darkness series, but people liked it so much that he wrote two sequels and turned it into the Sellswords Trilogy. Do not read the spin-offs. They are terrible.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 26, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Fruits of the sea posted:

Didn't Paths of Darkness also include the books about Wulfgar recovering from PTSD? That was actually a really refreshing take on the standard d&d fare. Salvatore can write some pretty good stuff when he has a topic in mind.

The following series, the Sellswords Trilogy is loving awful though. A Jarlaxle/Entreri buddy comedy sounds fun, but trust me it really, really isn't.

Yeah, he was trapped in Hell being tortured and having his will broken over and over by some kind of sucubus, I believe. She'd create elaborate illusions for when he regained consciousness and tell him everything is okay, only to strip it all away after seeing his loved ones murdered or murder in front of his eyes while he lay helplessly watching.

It left such an impact that after he was saved, he still couldn't really be sure it wasn't all an elaborate illusion as they would sometimes last months before being swept away from him. His very psyche was their plaything and he came back a changed, cynical man from the meekful boy he started out as.

Thanks for the warning on the spinoffs, they sounded like they had potential on writing, but taking a good thing too far can lead to this. Is the Hunter's Trilogy a good read?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I only vaguely remember those books. Drizzt loses his shoes, gains a bunch of levels in barbarian and kills the entire orc race. Barefoot. I give it 4 :black101:'s out of 5.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Anyone else accidentally ruin their reputation on Neera's BG2 quest when you hit the Red Wizard den in the promenade? I took the "I'll kill you all" option as a merciful exit from the dialog and killed everyone who turned turned red amd attacked, which included civilians I guess.

I reloaded from the autosave outside, killed Neera and removed her from party instead.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Accretionist posted:

Anyone else accidentally ruin their reputation on Neera's BG2 quest when you hit the Red Wizard den in the promenade? I took the "I'll kill you all" option as a merciful exit from the dialog and killed everyone who turned turned red amd attacked, which included civilians I guess.

I reloaded from the autosave outside, killed Neera and removed her from party instead.

Its just the shop keeper. That part is significantly more difficult than it would otherwise be because you cant use AoE spells. Also a bit buggy, I remember taking the "lets not kill everyone immediately" option, then being able to attack and kill the red wizards around the room first without the mercenaries also goong hostile.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Thought I'd say for people replaying BG2 now that EE came out for it, most of the fixpacks and a good portion of mods work (though I think I messed up installing one thing as I have 1-2 small graphical glitches). Basically just want to suggest getting the item randomizer. A lot of the overpowered bonus shop stuff is scattered around as loot and other than knowing that certain fights are going to have a high-tier piece of equipment, you can't always be certain on what you get. In this go around, both Celestial Fury and the Robe of Vecna were in the Twisted Rune fight. No idea where the Staff of the Magi is yet. Also not spoiling the locations here since it should be different every game/install of the mod. There's only two protection from magic scrolls in the game and luckily I found one to save for a rainy day though I think even in SCS it's basically a cheat.

I never did a solo run so I'm giving it a go now with a F/M/T with a modded-in Wild Mage kit. Fairly fun though I sometimes end up having to abuse spell protections or use traps more than I'd like.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Quick question: I want to multiclass a Berserker/Druid through the entire series, starting in BG. When would be a good level to switch over from Berserker? I've seen people say 7 but I'm not entirely sure why. Grandmastery is at 9, right? Is it worth giving that up?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

aeglus posted:

Thought I'd say for people replaying BG2 now that EE came out for it, most of the fixpacks and a good portion of mods work (though I think I messed up installing one thing as I have 1-2 small graphical glitches). Basically just want to suggest getting the item randomizer. A lot of the overpowered bonus shop stuff is scattered around as loot and other than knowing that certain fights are going to have a high-tier piece of equipment, you can't always be certain on what you get. In this go around, both Celestial Fury and the Robe of Vecna were in the Twisted Rune fight. No idea where the Staff of the Magi is yet. Also not spoiling the locations here since it should be different every game/install of the mod. There's only two protection from magic scrolls in the game and luckily I found one to save for a rainy day though I think even in SCS it's basically a cheat.

I never did a solo run so I'm giving it a go now with a F/M/T with a modded-in Wild Mage kit. Fairly fun though I sometimes end up having to abuse spell protections or use traps more than I'd like.

I'd say not get the randomizer to be honest; somehow my fixpack reinstall after the patch got hosed up somehow and I had to reinstall the game to get it to work again. And if you end up having to reinstall, the randomizer gets hosed up - even though I picked the install option that said it'd work with saved games, I've already found several duplicate items (Shadow Armor, the Dragonkiller Sword, etc) so it obviously re-randomized everything anyway. Of course, if you don't have to reinstall, it'll be fine, but I only use three mods (those two plus Rogue Rebalancing) and the first patch was already enough to force one.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

Quick question: I want to multiclass a Berserker/Druid through the entire series, starting in BG. When would be a good level to switch over from Berserker? I've seen people say 7 but I'm not entirely sure why. Grandmastery is at 9, right? Is it worth giving that up?

Do you mean dual class? Multiclasses gain levels in both classes they have and you can't have a specialist kit in a multiclass. Levels 7-9 are kind of the "sweet spot" for dualing a Berserker. At level 7 you get half an attack a round, at 8 you get an extra daily use of berserk, and at 9 you get the grand mastery pip. It's just a matter of how long you want to wait before getting your fighter levels back. I think level 9 is the best spot to dual, but that's just me. It's not that much more experience and you still get your levels back pretty fast.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Insurrectionist posted:

I'd say not get the randomizer to be honest; somehow my fixpack reinstall after the patch got hosed up somehow and I had to reinstall the game to get it to work again. And if you end up having to reinstall, the randomizer gets hosed up - even though I picked the install option that said it'd work with saved games, I've already found several duplicate items (Shadow Armor, the Dragonkiller Sword, etc) so it obviously re-randomized everything anyway. Of course, if you don't have to reinstall, it'll be fine, but I only use three mods (those two plus Rogue Rebalancing) and the first patch was already enough to force one.

Didn't even know there was an option for using one on a saved game. The one I'm using says no matter what use it only on a brand new game or else you'll run into bugs or lost items.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

aeglus posted:

Didn't even know there was an option for using one on a saved game. The one I'm using says no matter what use it only on a brand new game or else you'll run into bugs or lost items.

"Starting with version 6, the mod can be reinstalled with the option of preserving saved game compatibility. Choosing to preserve saved game compatibility allows you to reinstall the mod without having to start a new game."

Didn't work though, even if I followed the instructions. Also even if we go with the assumption it's not possible, and don't reinstall it if you have to reinstall the game, you still end up with the same problem - the items that used to be in areas you cleared, but got moved to areas you haven't visited yet, will still be unattainable. Basically it's a 'hope you never have to (or forget and accidentally) reinstall the game' mod.

Also, hope you don't forget to not just reinstall mods when a patch drops, but also reinstall in the right order, or you could have crashes on your hands. I wouldn't want to run BG2EE with a lot of mods until the patching period is over myself.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I wonder if Overhaul cleaned the code up enough that mods including a lot of scripts will no longer cause the game to become stutter-y. That was always a problem in the vanilla game when you had more than one or two script-heavy mods installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

OK, so, uh is Dragomir disappearing a known bug? I left the tomb to get some better kit, came back, put the rod in the bucket, went to his chamber, no Dragomir...