Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Male Man posted:

Stalker has absorb now? What a dick.

Absorb saved me last time I fought the Stalker. Their absorb ended before mine :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
If anyone wants to run some stuff I would like an invite.

PSN Gestalt88 find me in the clan

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
There's mention of "Explosion" damage in the hotfix notes. Is that the same as blast, or did they make some new type?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Hotfix 11.0.7 just buffed Alad and Zanuka. Aw.

e: That buff is HUGE. They have crazy amounts of health now.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 26, 2013

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Hotfix 11.0.7 just buffed Alad and Zanuka. Aw.

e: That buff is HUGE. They have crazy amounts of health now.

Yeah, it takes almost twice as long to kill them now. So about 30 seconds.

Edit:

Zanuka now has 15000 shields, 25 armor and 1200 health.
Alad has 3500 shields, 250 armor and 1900 health.

Did anyone look at the numbers before the buff?

Pensive fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 26, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The time we tried before I posted that took like 5 minutes. The next time took about 30 seconds. :psyduck:

Juxta
Sep 2, 2002
If anyone wants to buy some Plat on the cheap, I'm selling in SA Mart.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3585143&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post421835262

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Hotfix 11.0.7 posted:

Removed energy drain from no-shield mode Nightmare missions.

Neat! It seems kind of interesting now. Still tricky what with warframe armor being deprecated (upvoted your thread, MJ12), but no longer grounds for an instant restart.

Those of you who still need Hammer Shot will probably be pleased.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Alad V seems really, really talkative.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

hooah posted:

What mods do you have on your Soma? I'd been re-leveling my Ignis after a forma, but I did try out the Soma for a round or two and it didn't seem nearly as good as it was before.
I run 4 forma'd soma with all the crit mods, corrosive damage, and heavy caliber. It regularly crits for 4k-6k before I use the nova skill to increase it. Before switching to corrosive (Electric + Toxic) I wasn't that impressed with it.

And yeah, they fixed status chance on ignis. The day after the patch it kept things on the ground non-stop, now the elements don't proc nearly as much. I'm still going to level and forma it a bunch because I never got around to it and it's great against everything that's not super super high level.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 26, 2013

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Anyone on PC mind throwing out a couple weapon names of ones that are good in Damage 2.0? about to start the cycle of farming up more weapons again and I'd like some that didn't get hit too hard for when PS4 gets the update.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

Alad V seems really, really talkative.

I wonder if "Zanuka" is some hilarious play on words because he really likes saying it.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

a glorious hole posted:

Anyone on PC mind throwing out a couple weapon names of ones that are good in Damage 2.0? about to start the cycle of farming up more weapons again and I'd like some that didn't get hit too hard for when PS4 gets the update.

Soma, ignis, brakk, galatine, flux, synapse, hek, sobek, ogris.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Harrower posted:

I wonder if "Zanuka" is some hilarious play on words because he really likes saying it.

After running it like 7 times back to back I found myself repeating Zanuka after him. It's such a fun word to say. It also mildly annoys people on mumble! :v:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of mumble, why did we switch to that from TeamSpeak? Not that it really effects me except that the mumble download is really loving slow.

nacon
May 7, 2005

What's the easiest way to play with goons? I've done the form, I suppose just waiting works?

At any rate, I'm new to the game. I've just got my one frame (Excalibur) and crafted a new melee weapon.

Is there an optimal way to get new frames, as a beginner (besides buying them)?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How long do you want to dick around in each area before moving onto the next? I've finished Mercury and have the first Venus mission unlocked, but got completely wrecked when I tried it. My Excalibur's currently Rank 9, and my weapons range from ranks 5-8.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Finally d/l'd the game this week after wanting to try it for a while. Very enjoyable so far even though I'm just in the beginning stages. Hoping to play with some goons soon I applied to the clan is there a steam group or anything?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Well then. Do not get downed with the scanner out. Dunno if it's consistent, but I got locked in the goofy no weapon in hand pose when I was revived. Couldn't scan or switch to my other weapons. Thankfully melee still worked. (Chain stunning gunners with the Galatine is hilarious.)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

How long do you want to dick around in each area before moving onto the next? I've finished Mercury and have the first Venus mission unlocked, but got completely wrecked when I tried it. My Excalibur's currently Rank 9, and my weapons range from ranks 5-8.

When I started I was able to go straight to Venus but that was during a double affinity weekend and I also got lucky with some mods. The balance probably got screwed up for new players since everything about damage was just changed. I would save up to buy a regular Braton first, and then try to get the Serration and Redirection mods. You'll be able to deal and take a lot more damage if you have those and upgrade them.

Also definitely don't try to play solo if you're doing that, it kinda makes the game fall apart a little. Just playing with randoms will probably be a lot easier, or much better would be to ask goons to join you.

ZeusCannon posted:

Finally d/l'd the game this week after wanting to try it for a while. Very enjoyable so far even though I'm just in the beginning stages. Hoping to play with some goons soon I applied to the clan is there a steam group or anything?

We don't have a steam group because we just do everything using the ingame clan chat and you can't connect to games through steam anyway. But I guess a steam group would be handy for posting when people will be playing/doing void levels/etc from outside the game.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Nov 26, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

QuantaStarFire posted:

If you've not done so yet buy the Braton for 15,000 credits, it's way better than the starting weapon and will let you easily make your way through the first few planets. Once I bought that gun I was able to make it through Earth.

During the infested invasion I kept getting teamed up with people that could melt the infested in a second. How can I be as cool as they are?

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 26, 2013

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Yaos posted:

If you've not done so yet buy the Braton for 15,000 credits, it's way better than the starting weapon and will let you easily make your way through the first few planets. Once I bought that gun I was able to make it through Earth.

During the infested invasion I kept getting teamed up with people that could melt the infested in a second. How can I be as cool as they are?

Kunai

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Yaos posted:

Ignis and/or Ember.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gestalt Intellect posted:

When I started I was able to go straight to Venus but that was during a double affinity weekend and I also got lucky with some mods. The balance probably got screwed up for new players since everything about damage was just changed. I would save up to buy a regular Braton first, and then try to get the Serration and Redirection mods. You'll be able to deal and take a lot more damage if you have those and upgrade them.

Also definitely don't try to play solo if you're doing that, it kinda makes the game fall apart a little. Just playing with randoms will probably be a lot easier, or much better would be to ask goons to join you.

I've been playing with pubbies, which has been hit or miss, but pretty okay for the most part. I've already got my Braton, so I guess I have to transmute to get the mods since they drop off higher-level stuff? Or trading's an option, I guess.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

I've been playing with pubbies, which has been hit or miss, but pretty okay for the most part. I've already got my Braton, so I guess I have to transmute to get the mods since they drop off higher-level stuff? Or trading's an option, I guess.

You should be able to get them from early on, although since the way mods drop was also recently changed, that might be harder now. Either way I can give you a Serration and Redirection and a few other mods that will probably help (I'm sure other clan members can help you too if I'm not online)

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Yaos posted:

My brother has assembled a pair of 100% multi-shot Bronco shotgun-pistols that are so stacked with damage mods that it does approximately ~2300 damage per hit, assuming no crits. And can hit four times in very rapid succession. And it has no damage falloff, as far as I'm aware.

It's kinda nuts seeing him insta-gibbing Lv25-30 Ancients.

I put in a sponsored clan invite for him. Can't wait to see what he can do with access to clan tech.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You should be able to get them from early on, although since the way mods drop was also recently changed, that might be harder now. Either way I can give you a Serration and Redirection and a few other mods that will probably help (I'm sure other clan members can help you too if I'm not online)

I'll probably take you up on that once I finish building my Clan Key, which isn't until tomorrow. In-game name's the same as my SA name.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Dominic White posted:

My brother has assembled a pair of 100% multi-shot Bronco shotgun-pistols that are so stacked with damage mods that it does approximately ~2300 damage per hit, assuming no crits. And can hit four times in very rapid succession. And it has no damage falloff, as far as I'm aware.

It's kinda nuts seeing him insta-gibbing Lv25-30 Ancients.

I put in a sponsored clan invite for him. Can't wait to see what he can do with access to clan tech.

A fully loaded Brakk has 28 pellets. I have mine slotted with full crit and ice/fire for blast damage. At just 33% crit and 3.2x damage multiplier and a 10% status chance, at LEAST ONE will procone of the four statuses attached to it. Over 1000 of the base damages and 1300 blast makes everything and anything melt instantaneously.

So long, Acrid.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hey PS4 people, the clan needs Polymer Bundles and Plastids to start researching the Ignis, as well as Rubedo, Nano Spores, Circuits, Mutagen Samples, and credits for the other labs.

Get involved so we can all get sweet flamethrowers and burn lots of stuff to a crisp!

e: Also, I just got the blueprint for the Glaive as a login bonus. Is that worth crafting or is it just gimmicky?

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 26, 2013

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Crowbear posted:

Hey PS4 people, the clan needs Polymer Bundles and Plastids to start researching the Ignis, as well as Rubedo, Nano Spores, Circuits, Mutagen Samples, and credits for the other labs.

Get involved so we can all get sweet flamethrowers and burn lots of stuff to a crisp!

e: Also, I just got the blueprint for the Glaive as a login bonus. Is that worth crafting or is it just gimmicky?

Build it for the mastery anyway.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Finally got around to buying the Braton and uh holy poo poo the M-1 Braton really is loving terrible :stare:

Anyway, I like shotguns in my shooting-things games, generally. What's a good babby's first shotgun to pick up?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Finally got around to buying the Braton and uh holy poo poo the M-1 Braton really is loving terrible :stare:

Anyway, I like shotguns in my shooting-things games, generally. What's a good babby's first shotgun to pick up?

I think your only early choice is the Strun, which is okay. The Sobek, if you get Nightmare mods, is probably the best in class right now, since it combines adequate damage and a reasonable critical chance with high accuracy and a gigantic magazine, plus full-auto capability. Hek is still very good at killing things, but not quite as good as the Sobek IME.

Disclaimer: If you don't have the reload speed mod there is a chance you will die of old age before it finishes reloading.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Hek and Sobek are Mastery 4, so they're out as far as babby's first shotgun goes.

Strun is Mastery 1, and then there's Tigris, but I'm not sure about Tigris' mastery requirements.

Tigris is a little weird to get used to. Only two shots, the first shot fires on mousedown, the second shot fires on mouseup, like a charged bow shot. Tap to effectively burstfire both. The second shot can be reload-canceled. It seems to be a low spread shotgun like Hek and Sobek, but its damage type is weighted towards Slash. For utility mods, you pretty much only need reload speed.

Strun is a normal semiautomatic with six shots, wider spread, and slightly lower total physical damage than Tigris. It's very slow to reload and somewhat slow to fire, so you'll definitely want fire rate and reload speed utility mods to get those out of the way.

Do note that all shotguns have damage dropoff over range, so you want to be using them at close to midrange.

Then there are the shotgun pistols...

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

brakk has completely replace all shotguns for me. Well, brakk and sweeper.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Sandweed posted:

Build it for the mastery anyway.

10 Morphics and 18,000 other resources is a little too expensive for mastery fodder when I've still got a bunch of other melee weapons to get through first.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

brakk has completely replace all shotguns for me. Well, brakk and sweeper.

I looked this up because I really want to mess around with it, and you can't get Brakk any longer? That's really sad.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Crowbear posted:

10 Morphics and 18,000 other resources is a little too expensive for mastery fodder when I've still got a bunch of other melee weapons to get through first.

If you have any longswords in that pool of weapons, you might as well build a Glaive instead.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
You guys weren't kidding about Rhino. I was thinking, what could be more fun than Vauban and sword Loki.

*Rhino Charge*

Ok, Mass Effect Vanguard clone does the trick.

Edit: What are good ways of farming credit? I've already used up all of the ones from the Jupiter event :sweatdrop:

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 26, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Charge is Rhino's bad power. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It seems like every character has a bad power (or 2) in this game. Is there anyone who has a full stack of 4 useful powers (Rhino exempt because he seems to be the best overall frame)?