Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Well, it's not just the city having a more interesting layout, but also having more done with it. Seeing NPCs fishing by the coastline was cool. Walking on the beach and seeing sunbathers and whatnot, that sort of stuff. Also property ownership was a fun idea and really helped feel like you OWNED that town, you earned that pimped out penthouse suite that you could walk around in and wasn't just one copypasted room. SR2 had the most fully realized world, while 3 and 4 had the more compelling gameplay. You stick the gameplay of 4 into such a detail-packed world as 2, and you'd have my favorite sandbox ever.

Oh, and also please give us something to actually do after completing the game. Once you've done the story and the challenges in SR4, there is literally no content to bring you back in unless you feel like dicking around with cops for two minutes and then killing a warden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Crappy Jack posted:

SR2 had the most fully realized world, while 3 and 4 had the more compelling gameplay. You stick the gameplay of 4 into such a detail-packed world as 2, and you'd have my favorite sandbox ever.

Right, this is what I'm saying. Don't get me wrong, I think SR2 has great gameplay and a story far better developed than 3 or 4, but there's a noticeable difference between playing 2 and playing 3/4. 3 and 4 just feel more cohesive and polished to play, at the expense of fleshing out the rest of the world.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I just finished the storyline (including all the sidequests) and I feel like I want to keep playing but there's not much to do. Does anything new unlock postgame, or just the sky/filter thing?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

field balm posted:

I just finished the storyline (including all the sidequests) and I feel like I want to keep playing but there's not much to do. Does anything new unlock postgame, or just the sky/filter thing?

Nope. There really is a major lack of postgame content aside from the filter, and it really does hurt the game. Hopefully there's some content down the line that fixes that.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Act surprised! How the Saints Save Christmas DLC coming 11th December

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-saints-row-4-announces-how-the-saints-save-christmas-dlc

Screenshots look great!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Of course it's glorious. I never expected any differently.

Driving Santa's sleigh. Shooting a Red Ryder BB Gun. Being a grump who needs to learn the true meaning of Christmas (probably stripper poles). It has everything.

And is that Jane Austen I see telling a story by the fireplace?

EDIT:

Oh jesus, this is the greatest screenshot that has ever existed.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 25, 2013

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I'm glad to see they've got at least one reference to the best Christmas movie. It's Die Hard.

Also, cyborg Fun Shaundi?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RandallODim posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if she merged with CID since he's missing from this screenshot http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/1/2/6/xmas_waving_720p.jpg.jpg

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
Tacos on the Christmas jumper
Christmas themed Red Faction Guerrilla logos

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Firebert posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if she merged with CID since he's missing from this screenshot http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/6/1/2/6/xmas_waving_720p.jpg.jpg

Looking at other screenshots, now I'm wondering if it's Fun Shaundi and CID's kid, sent back from a horrible future to make sure the Saints save Christmas and avoid that timeline, since she's doing the Terminator time travel pose in this screenshot and that's totally a reference I'd expect them to make. She even has the robot arm and glowing eye!

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Crappy Jack posted:

And is that Jane Austen I see telling a story by the fireplace?

That's who it was in the accidentally-patched-in videos.

RandallODim posted:

Also from the videos, that's probably future Shaundi.

grancheater fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 25, 2013

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
One other thing I just noticed in screenshots: Nutcracker-skinned Murderbots

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

grancheater posted:

That's who it was in the accidentally-patched-in videos.

Well, and the name is right there in the URL of the screenshot.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Oh man, I'm hoping that Christmas Steelport is not an instanced quest-line location like 50's Steelport and can be unlocked as a simulation override setting. I mean, why should the Christmas slaughter spirit be limited to just the new DLC, right?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

masteraero posted:

Oh man, I'm hoping that Christmas Steelport is not an instanced quest-line location like 50's Steelport and can be unlocked as a simulation override setting. I mean, why should the Christmas slaughter spirit be limited to just the new DLC, right?

I like the way you think, optimism and all. But yeah, even if it's an option you can set post game, I'd be down with that.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

I like the way you think, optimism and all. But yeah, even if it's an option you can set post game, I'd be down with that.

Even better
It's automatically enabled for at least part of december

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mokinokaro posted:

Even better
It's automatically enabled for at least part of december

How is that better?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I love this bit of graffiti.

I just realized it was supposed to be Red Faction and not Half-Life. :v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The Shaundi of Christmas Bad Future.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I was kinda on the fence with Dominatrix, but welp.

Is it too late to grab the season pass?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Crappy Jack posted:

EDIT:

Oh jesus, this is the greatest screenshot that has ever existed.

Best. Season Pass. Ever.

I don't know what else to say about this photo. Gat being awesome? Check. Half-drunk Nolan North Santa Claus? Check. Reference to best christmas movie ever? Ho Ho Ho.

It's beautiful.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

J.A.B.C. posted:

Best. Season Pass. Ever.

I don't know what else to say about this photo. Gat being awesome? Check. Half-drunk Nolan North Santa Claus? Check. Reference to best christmas movie ever? Ho Ho Ho.

It's beautiful.

Not to mention that the snowman is an exact duplicate of Sam the Snowman from the old Rankin Bass Rudolph special. At this rate, I'm wondering if they're going to throw in a couple of It's a Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street references in just for good measure.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Burl Ives snowman is in this DLC, this is going to be fantastic.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Wolfsheim posted:

I was kinda on the fence with Dominatrix, but welp.

Is it too late to grab the season pass?

You should be able to grab it still.

Also, for anyone interested, volition is having a video sing-along contest:
The Saints Row Sing-A-Long Christmas Carol Contest

Can you sing like a Saint? Or not at all? Participate in our Sing-A-Long contest by sending us a video of you (and your friends!) singing special Saints Row lyrics to “Saints Row Jingle Bells”. We will immortalize the best entries we receive in a special Saints Row video message, and all winners get a special Christmas gift from us at Deep Silver and Volition!

Want to improve your chances of becoming canonized as a living Saint? Dress up as a Saints Row character for your video!

Closing date is December, 5th 2013.

Visit the special website for lyrics, audio, and how to submit your video.
http://news.deepsilver.com/r/ZR4-AG41053ms259.html

Also this
Naughty or Nice?

A couple of Saints Row IV’s developers have been very naughty this year. Do you know what they should do to get back on Santa’s Nice List? Tell us how they can get back in Santa’s good graces, and we will film them as they will reenact your ideas the way only Volition can!

Closing date is November, 29th 2013.

Oh, hey, how about a list of the goodies in the DLC?
Quests: 3 new story driven quests.
Weapon - Costume: Red Rider BB Gun
Weapon - Costume: Christmas Dubstep Gun :hellyeah:
Weapon - Costume: North Pole
Vehicle: Flying Reindeer
Vehicle: Santa's Sleigh

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 26, 2013

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Also new DLC on Steam today, dunno about consoles. New superpower effects (looks to add explosive options to your powers) and another with Zin costumes so you can dress up like Zinyak or a Warden if you so desire.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I hope that new super power dlc doesn't do anything stupid like give you the base powers before they're unlocked in the story.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Lucinice posted:

I hope that new super power dlc doesn't do anything stupid like give you the base powers before they're unlocked in the story.

They are all customizable elements for each power so they unlock at the story point when you get that power. For example, Explosive Buff unlocks only after you earn Buff in the training session.

CzarChasm posted:

Oh, hey, how about a list of the goodies in the DLC?
Quests: 3 new story driven quests.
Weapon - Costume: Red Rider BB Gun
Weapon - Costume: Christmas Dubstep Gun :hellyeah:
Weapon - Costume: North Pole
Vehicle: Flying Reindeer
Vehicle: Santa's Sleigh

That list is very incomplete. There are definitely a lot more unlockable goodies that haven't been divulged yet that are part of HSCC.

IdolNinja fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 26, 2013

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
It'd be cool if Volition were to release additional events as DLC. In particular, I'd love to play more Mayhem or Virus Injection missions that are balls-to-the-wall hard, perhaps with twists.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Blattdorf posted:

It'd be cool if Volition were to release additional events as DLC. In particular, I'd love to play more Mayhem or Virus Injection missions that are balls-to-the-wall hard, perhaps with twists.

I would be happy if I could just re-play the existing virus injections. For one thing, they were a lot of fun. (For another thing, once you're at the end of the game, it gets a lot harder to get the "kill X aliens this or that way" achievements.)

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah, not being able to even repeat half the existing stuff is verging on stupid. I'm kind of wondering how hard it would be to randomly generate something like a virus injection. I'm not a modder and have no idea how it works, but there's no particular reason why it wouldn't work from a players perspective just to chuck down virus injections in a whole bunch of locations and stick in some random set of predetermined waves, kind of like Skyrim's endless go kill this bandit fetch that sword repeatable quests. Same goes for car theft and attacking targets (I forget the names they give those in the game), or even just generate a roving bunch of tanks and portals to send you to hunt. It might well be harder to implement than it sounds, given that the existing examples are all predetermined, but maybe a cheapo mission generator DLC/mod sometime? Give a bunch of money as a reward.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MooCowlian posted:

Yeah, not being able to even repeat half the existing stuff is verging on stupid. I'm kind of wondering how hard it would be to randomly generate something like a virus injection. I'm not a modder and have no idea how it works, but there's no particular reason why it wouldn't work from a players perspective just to chuck down virus injections in a whole bunch of locations and stick in some random set of predetermined waves, kind of like Skyrim's endless go kill this bandit fetch that sword repeatable quests. Same goes for car theft and attacking targets (I forget the names they give those in the game), or even just generate a roving bunch of tanks and portals to send you to hunt. It might well be harder to implement than it sounds, given that the existing examples are all predetermined, but maybe a cheapo mission generator DLC/mod sometime? Give a bunch of money as a reward.

The car thefts in SR4 all wind up unlocking a nifty car for your collection, so it would take a non-zero amount of creativity to add new ones.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

prefect posted:

The car thefts in SR4 all wind up unlocking a nifty car for your collection, so it would take a non-zero amount of creativity to add new ones.

Oh, I guess. I was thinking just stick a random vehicle somewhere across town and just hand over some money if you get it back once they're done with real rewards.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

1950's Steelport would be an excellent setting for an A Christmas Story-style mission featuring kid boss.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Reiley posted:

1950's Steelport would be an excellent setting for an A Christmas Story-style mission featuring kid boss.

Now I want a Li'l Saints DLC with the whole gang de-aged and fighting alien overlords posing as school faculty but their foul mouths and ill will still intact.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

That pr they come up with really out-there insults akin to Little Pete.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mr Tastee posted:

That pr they come up with really out-there insults akin to Little Pete.

What? :confused:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'd really like a Little Pete voice option, on that subject. With the insults.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Pete and Pete, I believe. The younger Pete is more crass in attitude.

Mr Tastee is a character on that show.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I just realised we need a Nyteblayde game. As in, no breaking the fourth wall, except it would be the whole ridiculous saga played out with an overwrought vampire hunter emoing it up everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

"Back off Steve...BACK OFF STEVE!"

• Locked thread