Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Everybody just go back to posting non Pony panels. The dumb arguments that appear are nearly as bad as the images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Superman/Madman

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd be cool with referring to things as "the ginchiest" making a comeback, although that probably has something to do with my love of the Madman comics in general.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
At least people still remember MST3K. :3:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Are you reading Rat Queens? You should be reading Rat Queens.

Rat Queen #1

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

The Amazing World of Superman #280

Solar-Powered Footballsman:thurman:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

Rat Queen #1

I wasn't before, but that's going to change.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Candy and drugs for dinner sounds like a good idea.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
This may just fill the "John Roger's IDW D&D Series"-shaped hole in my heart.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Just checked out the first two issues on the strength of this.

I'm sold.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

eriktown posted:

Just checked out the first two issues on the strength of this.

I'm sold.

And it looks like issue 3 is out this week!

John Rogers wrote a D&D comic?

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Soonmot posted:

And it looks like issue 3 is out this week!

John Rogers wrote a D&D comic?

Yes.

It's pretty great.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Was that the series that just kind of ended with no resolution after being a helluva lot of fun? At least Skullkickers scratches that "dysfunctional rpg group" dynamic pretty well.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Len posted:

Was that the series that just kind of ended with no resolution after being a helluva lot of fun? At least Skullkickers scratches that "dysfunctional rpg group" dynamic pretty well.

Yes, yes it was.

No I'm not mad why do you ask?

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Also the series that introduced the habit of going 'Yeah, I'm done.' as a character quote upon meeting any kind of unexpected enemy in my gaming group.

We can be mad together, VanSandman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Was that the same DnD comic with the "world's smartest orc", or was that a different hilarious DnD comic?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What's the name of the series??

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Dungeons & Dragons.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
It was never officially cancelled, just placed "on hiatus" while Rogers was busy with TV work and WotC wanted to crank out Yet More Forgotten Realms poo poo.

But it was pretty explicitly 4e (with the Points of Light setting, a not-poo poo Fighter leader, a Tiefling Warlock on the team, and picking up an Artificer as their healer at the end of the last arc) so it's pretty drat unlikely it'll ever come back :smithicide:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

smashpro1 posted:

Rockslide is the best.

Uncanny X-Men #542

This tactic needs to have a special name and come back over and over again, like the Fastball Special.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I don't think there would be a lot of takers if Gambit tried to pull a Full Retard again.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Boogaleeboo posted:

I don't think there would be a lot of takers if Gambit tried to pull a Full Retard again.

More like full awesome!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I dunno, I guess Iceman or Dust could make good use of a combo move like that. Maybe Madrox if you wanted to get all Mark Millar about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I wonder if it would make Nitro more or less explosive. Maybe his built-in exploding power requires his mass to have certain properties to work properly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

prefect posted:

I wonder if it would make Nitro more or less explosive. Maybe his built-in exploding power requires his mass to have certain properties to work properly.

Mark Millar just read this and wrote the pitch for Civil War 2.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

404GoonNotFound posted:

I dunno, I guess Iceman or Dust could make good use of a combo move like that. Maybe Madrox if you wanted to get all Mark Millar about it.

Please never mention Madrox and Mark Millar in the same sentence again.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Please never mention Madrox and Mark Millar in the same sentence again.

Why? It was Loeb who did the suicide bomber thing with him, and I've got to admit that was actually a good idea.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Except that post X-Factor the Copies are shown to be real people and not just temporary split mass so it'd be a terrible idea.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Upon consideration, I think that Rat Queens is like a fantasy version of Nextwave.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I still think one of the best things in Universe X was what they did with Madrox. For those who don't know, in the "Beasts" one-shot, Many people, including a good number of X-Men are trying to get to The Savage Land on foot for a place to live. This means crossing through Antarctica. Along the way they've started getting attacked by numerous Wendigo. Eventually one is killed and reverts to Madrox, revealing they're all him. Apparently he was separated from the group and starving to death. So he ate himself. The Native American myth of the Wendigo often attributes the monster as lost men cannibalizing each other. It's brilliant.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Jessica Drew sums up recent Ultimate Spider-Man events to the Ultimates while Thor fumbles making up Thor-speak.

Cataclysm- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why does every artist keep forgetting that Ben Grimm shed his Thing exterior and got new powers?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rhyno posted:

Why does every artist keep forgetting that Ben Grimm shed his Thing exterior and got new powers?

Having not read an Ultimate comic for years, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess "because that's stupid"?

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Nov 27, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cabbit posted:

Having not read an Ultimate comic for years, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess "because that's a stupid"?

Actually it was a great story, written by Bendis even. I think in one comic I saw him armor up into his stone form but in the Ultimate Doomsday trilogy he was human again with the same strength and durability of his Thing form.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

I that it was revealed that he could turn back into his Thing form?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
He has a pink glowey form and a rocky form, idk.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Squidster posted:

Rat Queen #1
Request a thread title change to The Funny Panels Thread - Candy And Drugs For Dinner!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Didn't Reed undo it and put him back in his rocky form out of spite?

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Nov 27, 2013

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

WickedHate posted:

Didn't Reed undo it and make put him back in his rocky form out of spite?

No, he had Quicksilver completely blindside them, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Well we get at least one last funny moment from Scarlet Spider #24 right in the middle of everything going to poo poo for Kaine. He's decided he's failed as a hero so now he's going to burn his costume.

• Locked thread