Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

vibratingsheep posted:

I want chapter one so baddddd

It already happened, it featured Red ISO-8 and introduced Moonstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
No this game needs Civil War Iron Spider and yet another Wolverine. :colbert:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Eddain posted:

No this game needs Civil War Iron Spider and yet another Wolverine. :colbert:

Which wolverine? Old man Logan? X-23? Hellverine? Plain clothes? Yellow and tan original costume? Patch? House of M? Had his adamantium ripped from his bones by magneto, almost killing him, but increasing his healing factor and feral beastness? Ultimate? Future ultimate cable with the laser claws? Anime version with the katana claws?

Because, I mean, there are a lot to choose from.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Deep Winter posted:

Which wolverine? Old man Logan? X-23? Hellverine? Plain clothes? Yellow and tan original costume? Patch? House of M? Had his adamantium ripped from his bones by magneto, almost killing him, but increasing his healing factor and feral beastness? Ultimate? Future ultimate cable with the laser claws? Anime version with the katana claws?

Because, I mean, there are a lot to choose from.

Samurai Wolverine in a dress of course.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm sorry did you say Laser Wolverine and then list all those unnecessary ones?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
We know exactly who this game needs.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Laser claws Wolverine? Are his bones lasers too?!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I think the Hood and Moonstone are the only two characters currently available that have never been in a movie (Yelena and Daken haven't either, but the game classifies them in terms of more famous characters who have). I wonder if they're trying to stick to more commonly known characters because this is a free phone game with broader appeal than something like Marvel Heroes where everyone wants to play Squirrel Girl.

That said, I guess we can at least expect a Rocket Raccoon next summer.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I decided to use my stack of HP to finish up my wolverine's final two yellow covers, and to get the last two Spidey blue covers. Even at 5 blue, 1 yellow, Spidey is some horse poo poo. I've been using Wolverine, Spidey, and the new Widow. I finish all of the heroics at full health with an extra helping of smug smile. Lock down the enemy team , get some strike tiles, heal, move on.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I want Jubilee in game and her to be the first 0* hero.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Fallorn posted:

Add Dazzler and make her powers only activate when you play mp3s on your phone/tablet.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Luke Cage, who will get bonuses when fighting Dr. Doom.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

As always, we may manage to sneak some of these out ahead of time via server-side updates or manage to add in a couple other new fixes along with the Patch. Here is a preview of the Notes for R43.

Gameplay
- If an Agent has a version of a Team Up character that is higher level, it will automatically be chosen for that mission instead of the loaned character
- Tile selection displays for limited tile types has been implemented so that Agents will immediately know which tiles can be selected for abilities that can only target certain tile types
- Fixed an issue where any ability that randomly places a Crit tile could select a Crit tile to replace for essentially no effect
UI
- Retina support for devices with high resolution displays, regardless of platform
- Sound effects have been added for the new Ability UI
- The Options menu now includes a “Skip Tutorials” button
- The tips screen when an Agent fails at winning a battle has been improved
- Special cover packs tied to events now show the amount of time left in the event
- The Hood now again correctly displays a power indication banner when he uses Dormammu's Aid. The ability itself is unchanged
Character
- Black Widow (Original) now has a third power
Espionage - Black Passive
(PASSIVE) Black Widow steals enemy secrets. When she attacks by making a Purple match and the enemy has Purple AP, she steals 1 from them.
Level Upgrades
Level 2: Also steals 1 Blue AP when making a Blue match.
Level 3: Also steals 1 Black AP when making a Black match.
Level 4: Also deals 6 damage when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match.
Level 5: Increases damage to 12 when making a Purple, Blue, or Black match.
Dev Note: A max level Black Widow (Original) currently does 1139 healing at level 4 Anti-Gravity Belt and a bonus 112 damage at level 5 of Espionage

I love all this. Especially the new ability.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH MAN Black Widow you're the terribly dressed gal for me. :3:

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Fallorn posted:

You mean the first five star. Jubilee's powers involved nuclear splitting. She had potential to be an omega-class mutant, but a psychological block prevented her from doing anything but causing colorful sparks.

Then she lost her powers and became a vampire. Comics, everyone!

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 26, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Erebus posted:

I think the Hood and Moonstone are the only two characters currently available that have never been in a movie (Yelena and Daken haven't either, but the game classifies them in terms of more famous characters who have). I wonder if they're trying to stick to more commonly known characters because this is a free phone game with broader appeal than something like Marvel Heroes where everyone wants to play Squirrel Girl.

That said, I guess we can at least expect a Rocket Raccoon next summer.
It's possible, but on the other hand it launched with Bag-Man who, despite being Spider-Man, is kind of an obscure gag and dredged up Original Black Widow all while missing core Dark Avengers like Sentry, Noh-Varr and Iron Patriot. Their character roster so far has been completely unpredictable outside of the ones needed for the storyline. The Hood has a mysteriously large part in Marvel Heroes to the point where I figured he's just someone at Marvel's pet character that they're trying to push into everything.

That said, I'd rather have quirky or silly characters like Mole Man or The Watcher over uninteresting nobodies like Sentry or Noh-Varr.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

It's possible, but on the other hand it launched with Bag-Man who, despite being Spider-Man, is kind of an obscure gag and dredged up Original Black Widow all while missing core Dark Avengers like Sentry, Noh-Varr and Iron Patriot. Their character roster so far has been completely unpredictable outside of the ones needed for the storyline. The Hood has a mysteriously large part in Marvel Heroes to the point where I figured he's just someone at Marvel's pet character that they're trying to push into everything.

That said, I'd rather have quirky or silly characters like Mole Man or The Watcher over uninteresting nobodies like Sentry or Noh-Varr.

So The Hood is marvel's version of cyborg? Gotcha.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Not really, but the Hood was actually a major part of the Dark Reign storyline so having him around makes sense.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but who gives a crap about The Hood? :iiam:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Bendis.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Maltose posted:

Not really, but the Hood was actually a major part of the Dark Reign storyline so having him around makes sense.

Shoving Hood in everything because he's a lead editor's pet peeve? Sounds like how cyborg went from the Teen Titans hacker token black wise-cracker to a founding member of the Justice League.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
He wasn't shoved into Dark Reign arbitrarily. Now, what happened DURING Dark Reign is a different story.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Then she lost her powers and became a vampire. Comics, everyone!

But then her future self gained plasma lasers a la Wolverine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Deep Winter posted:

Shoving Hood in everything because he's a lead editor's pet peeve? Sounds like how cyborg went from the Teen Titans hacker token black wise-cracker to a founding member of the Justice League.
Yeah, The Hood went from a guy with a Harry Potter invisibility cloak and walk-on-air-booties petty thief to a Dormmamu-backed sorcerer more powerful than Dr. Strange leading a crime syndicate of supervillains.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, level 60 IM40, no problem right?

He's got 8000 hp. :stare:

edit:oh god, he just uni beam'd Thor for 5k damage.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 26, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Hahahah, level 60 IM40, no problem right?

He's got 8000 hp. :stare:

edit:oh god, he just uni beam'd Thor for 5k damage.

Yuuuuuuuuuup :getin:

I'm hoping my level 53 IM40 will scare away anyone trying to crab me.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Yeah in my bracket there's a dude with a level 100 IM40. He has 12k HP. No thanks!

Also, yeah, I just remembered that red ISO was chapter 1. My statement stands, but it's Chapter twoooooooo

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
So C-Storms green move maxed out is like the best move in the game. I used it in conjunction with Classic Grey Widow and Ragnorak. Use Ragnorak's red move twice to open and usually get a green cascade or a 5 match, which will allow me to use Storms green ability which basically leads to me taking infinite turns until everything is dead. I did this all of last night and nothing got a turn.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
My "give a poo poo" levels are dropping dramatically on this game. I find myself continually Skipping to find people I'm capable of actually taking on without it feeling like a chore. And the sad thing is, I don't actually know what could be done at this point to curb it.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

New Leaf posted:

My "give a poo poo" levels are dropping dramatically on this game. I find myself continually Skipping to find people I'm capable of actually taking on without it feeling like a chore. And the sad thing is, I don't actually know what could be done at this point to curb it.

Me getting a ton of points stolen is doing this to me. Once I beat a good chunk of people and get near the mid-range stuff I start getting attacked a lot and can never progress in the ranks. I wish they would at least change it so getting attacked doesn't mess with the progression stuff.

[e] I think that's why I'm really loving this hero event. It has a bunch of really high level encounters that I can jussst pass if I use a bunch of buffs and my best dudes but you get so many points that it justifies it.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 26, 2013

mania
Sep 9, 2004

New Leaf posted:

Lose a bunch. Make use of those lvl 1 Hawkeyes & Black Widows gifts against those lvl 85 Thor / CStorm / bait teams. Eventually the matchmaking system will put you in an easier group.

I normally use the Shield training room or a Lighting rounds (after collecting the recruit token reward of course) for this.

mania fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 26, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like the first and third points in the update. There's a couple of problems I'm glad are going away.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
The Lightning Rounds are back!

Hope you have a Ragnarok!

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Uh oh. Looks like they made the hard Yelena mission in Venom Heroic repeatable again (and presumably Rags/Daken/Venom, haven't done that one yet). I've been bouncing around the top 15 or so just by consistently doing all the missions, now the end of today's going to be a staring contest as everyone waits for someone to vault past them into 1st...

But yay, lightning rounds. For the piles of ISO, anyway, I have no hope of getting a cover out of it what with all of the ugly villains floating around...

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kravdraa posted:

Uh oh. Looks like they made the hard Yelena mission in Venom Heroic repeatable again (and presumably Rags/Daken/Venom, haven't done that one yet). I've been bouncing around the top 15 or so just by consistently doing all the missions, now the end of today's going to be a staring contest as everyone waits for someone to vault past them into 1st...

But yay, lightning rounds. For the piles of ISO, anyway, I have no hope of getting a cover out of it what with all of the ugly villains floating around...

You don't need to win a lightning round for a shot at a good cover -- just sneak into the top 100 for a Heroic token, or top 50 for a Diabolical. THAT is doable because you can get there by cherrypicking fights against people who don't have 100 Ragnarok / 100 Doom / 100 Magneto teams.

As for Venom Heroic, what a perfect end to a horribly mangled event. The repeatables are back, but they're still only worth 15 for first place and 300 for second and beyond. I'm in first in my bracket (21057 points) and screaming PASS ME, MOTHERFUCKERS at the next five in line. (Sorry, Bandire, that includes you.)

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Yup, after doing these Venom missions a ridiculous amount of times, it's all going to come down to a race in the last 2 minutes. Still, I'm happy with anything in the top 50, really, as I only need the blue IM40 cover (although of course the coins would be nice). Not complaining about the huge amount of mission rewards, either.
Hopefully they've learned something from this for next time, as it clearly wasn't working as intended.

The last Ragnarok mission is also repeatable, it turns out, but hell with that when Yelena's worth the same points. They can both go wrong if you get a bad board, but Ragnarok is much more likely to have one of those "gently caress you, here's 6000 damage" turns, while Yelena's muscle is more of a slow burn with the threaten tiles.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kravdraa posted:

Yup, after doing these Venom missions a ridiculous amount of times, it's all going to come down to a race in the last 2 minutes. Still, I'm happy with anything in the top 50, really, as I only need the blue IM40 cover (although of course the coins would be nice). Not complaining about the huge amount of mission rewards, either.
Hopefully they've learned something from this for next time, as it clearly wasn't working as intended.

The last Ragnarok mission is also repeatable, it turns out, but hell with that when Yelena's worth the same points. They can both go wrong if you get a bad board, but Ragnarok is much more likely to have one of those "gently caress you, here's 6000 damage" turns, while Yelena's muscle is more of a slow burn with the threaten tiles.

Personally I found ragnarok easier until I got 2* black widow. Her delay skill is actually super helpful.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I've opened three diabolical tokens in the last two weeks. They have all been Ragnarok (2 red, 1 green). I am thankful, but is this normal?

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Shwqa posted:

Personally I found ragnarok easier until I got 2* black widow. Her delay skill is actually super helpful.

I've been using Cap (5 red, 5 blue), although those take a while to get going and the red clashes a bit with Wolverine. I guess Widow AND Cap would be a bit much for a similar reason.

Scraped into top 100 of Lightning for like the second time ever. Heroic token = Loki. Oh well, they might buff him one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

That's a really annoying way to end the Venom event. I am not going to loving babysit this thing all night. All I wanted was a blue IM40 cover and some HP's to feed to Ragnarock anyway.