Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

I don't know if polite is the right word, he has done some dickish things as Esteban. He's at the very least good natured.

I meant in the way he talks. He never, ever sounds like he's doing it intentionally and is just a confused non-English speaker trying to play along with the "rules."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Dizz posted:

Well what are they to do though? they already virtually look good and have virtual mansions, a virtual trophy wife, and virtual children.

I want a hacking story that is basically this;

You may ask yourself, how do I work this?
You may ask yourself, where is that virtual automobile?
You may tell yourself, this is not my virtual house
You may tell yourself, this is not my virtual wife

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

umalt posted:

I want a hacking story that is basically this;

You may ask yourself, how do I work this?
You may ask yourself, where is that virtual automobile?
You may tell yourself, this is not my virtual house
You may tell yourself, this is not my virtual wife

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down...

You wouldn’t virtually steal a car
You wouldn’t virtually steal a handbag
You wouldn’t virtually steal a television
You wouldn’t virtually steal a movie

Virtual Piracy is a crime and if you steal I'm gonna loving wreck you c'mon buddy do it I loving dare you pussy *walks into your avatar and shoves you around*.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

D34THROW posted:

I wonder if the kid was a bot.

Pretty sure it was given the way it just kept repeating canned animations.

EDIT: I never saw the Esteban pony video. I love how much the players joke around with him and take him in stride. It's funnier than the freak outs, really.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 25, 2013

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
The followup video is incredible as well. Esteban re-visits the ponies, but dressed up as a pony himself. Eventually one of them cottons on, and they all find it hilarious and play along.

"Certainly does. Certainly doooooessss..."

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Not sure if this was posted before but I love how pissed off people get from someone being able to use the knife really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQduNN1rQrI

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Reminds me of care package glitch which was easily the funniest glitch in MW2 that I had. Maybe ever.

God that game was so broken on launch it was glorious :allears:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Soulex posted:

Reminds me of care package glitch which was easily the funniest glitch in MW2 that I had. Maybe ever.

God that game was so broken on launch it was glorious :allears:

Was that the one where you ran faster while holding the care packing, or something else? If so, that one wasn't so much a glitch as abusing a design feature that never got patched out.

I know this thread already went over the Javelin glitch but that one was my favorite. I spent more time shooting javelin glitches in order to intentionally blow up my own team. So beautiful :allears:

(Basically, the Javelin glitch detonated whatever explosive you had equipped directly at your feet when you died. Javelin + Danger Close had a hilariously large explosion radius. Cue people running at you and either getting shot and blowing you up, or having them stab you in the face. Most javelin glitchers could easily have a positive K/D because of the sheer size of the explosion, which made pubbies even more mad.)

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Bouchacha posted:

Not sure if this was posted before but I love how pissed off people get from someone being able to use the knife really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQduNN1rQrI

It's amazing how long after everyone's figured out he's only knifing people they still run directly towards him.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He is bringing a knife to a gun fight and half the time they don't even see him behind them, do they lose hours of progress if they die to a knife?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

He is bringing a knife to a gun fight and half the time they don't even see him behind them, do they lose hours of progress if they die to a knife?

The goal of the CoD gungame is to get kills with each weapon. When you get X number of kills with a gun you get a new shiny one. Being knifed downgrades your gun by one level.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Renegret posted:

Was that the one where you ran faster while holding the care packing, or something else? If so, that one wasn't so much a glitch as abusing a design feature that never got patched out.

The care package glitch was part of some excellent Infinity Ward coding where hopping over a fence with a care package marker in MW2 would give you another care package. It worked for anything that got called in with smoke grenades, so with the right team at arbitrary points in game it would just start raining packages with random killstreak rewards nonstop.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The knife sets you back to the previous weapon in the gun game. If the person knifing is really good, they can make what is normally a five to ten minute game last for around an hour.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

razorscooter posted:

The care package glitch was part of some excellent Infinity Ward coding where hopping over a fence with a care package marker in MW2 would give you another care package. It worked for anything that got called in with smoke grenades, so with the right team at arbitrary points in game it would just start raining packages with random killstreak rewards nonstop.

Oh yeah I remember that one. I never did it personally, but most people got so tunneled visioned with doing the glitch it was pretty easy to blow them up and steal all the packages. Personally I used the giant pile of packages as a pubbie shooting range.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bouchacha posted:

Man, people on the Xbox get really angry about a trivial number of setbacks.

Renegret posted:

That one did actually end up getting patched out at the same time as Care Package Rain.

razorscooter posted:

The knife sets you back to the previous weapon in the gun game. If the person knifing is really good, they can make what is normally a five to ten minute game last for around an hour.
They patched it so that the knife actually sets you back several weapons in Black Ops 2 now. :getin:

Ghostlight posted:

Sometimes, you just want to watch the world desperately try to claw out 200 points alternatively threatening and begging you for an end to their misery.

Unfortunately, Black Ops 2's theatre mode being what it is, I lost the video and associated voice chatter to the ether. :smith:

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 26, 2013

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
One person doing it with the Emergency airdrop could keep an entire supplied with care packages for the entire match. It was glorious. Or just blanket the map in care packages.

Its Christmas!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Man, people on the Xbox get really angry about a trivial number of setbacks.

That one did actually end up getting patched out at the same time as Care Package Rain.

They patched it so that the knife actually sets you back several weapons in Black Ops 2 now.

Somewhere, a developer for COD is gleefully knifing people again and again, rejoicing at their cries of rage.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Renegret posted:

I know this thread already went over the Javelin glitch but that one was my favorite. I spent more time shooting javelin glitches in order to intentionally blow up my own team. So beautiful :allears:

(Basically, the Javelin glitch detonated whatever explosive you had equipped directly at your feet when you died. Javelin + Danger Close had a hilariously large explosion radius. Cue people running at you and either getting shot and blowing you up, or having them stab you in the face. Most javelin glitchers could easily have a positive K/D because of the sheer size of the explosion, which made pubbies even more mad.)

I hated that glitch, the radius was so large that even if you were half the street away you'd still get damaged/killed by the explosion. It was kind of funny at first but it got rinsed to the point of every game having about 2 people per team doing that.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wait, care package knifing never got patched out?!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Not quite the same as Esteban - but also hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzd8oLgbWY

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DarkDobe posted:

I love the "vampire" standing in front of a huge set of windows during broad daylight

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

Their loving voices. I love how badly they all try to sound badass and it's clear they're scraping the bottom of their vocal range :allears:

Oh god I just got to the chain smoker rasp, this is so great

Cal Worthington
Oct 8, 2013

Serious business.

DarkDobe posted:

I didn't know people still played Second Life. The video is hilarious, though.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

This is probably Chargglez (Esteban)'s best, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-aWX24809E

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Bouchacha posted:

This is probably Chargglez (Esteban)'s best, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-aWX24809E

"So let me ask you this, how do you handle your pussy?"

"You know, just throw it into the wind, see where it goes baby!"

This is perfect.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bouchacha posted:

I don't know how I feel about this.

I feel so dirty for listening but I can't stop laughing at the same time.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

razorscooter posted:

I always felt the care package knifing glitch was way better. You received like a 25% speed increase (which could be coupled with marathon and agility), a 25% health increase (which coupled with commando made you nigh invulnerable while teleporting through gunfire), and your character ran in a bizarre hunched over state, making you tricky to shoot or stab. A good knifer could clear out a spawn two, three times as people just spawned in around him. The amount of people yelling about hacks and telling you that they would report you or kill you... Some of the greatest games of my life. :allears:

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

The big thing about gun game knifing is that some of the guns are a huge pain to get a kill with. The sniper rifles in particular are NOT well-suited to a game mode that involves frantically running around trying to get kills as quickly as possible, so when you finally get a kill with a PITA weapon it's just a huge relief. Then some rear end in a top hat stabs you and you have to go through the ordeal again... it's incredibly frustrating if you're on the receiving end. So obviously all the funnier if you're the one doing the stabbing :laugh:

Ghostlight posted:

They patched it so that the knife actually sets you back several weapons in Black Ops 2 now. :getin:

Seriously? :master: right there

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

All this Gun Game talk and you all forgot the best part: the final weapon is the ballistic knife which lets you lunge at enemies whenever you melee with it. Speaking of CoD game modes, once you start bankrupting people in Sticks and Stones, it quickly becomes a tomahawk festival. People don't enjoy getting ballistic knife lunged at or being stalked by a tomahawk thrower who appears on their kill cam as holding nothing because they didn't make a first person animation of someone holding a tomahawk for more than 5 seconds.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Get Paid for Griefing

So, Path of Exile is an arpg in the Diablo 2 vein, complete with hardcore mode. Like all arpgs, low level characters want to be rushed through lower level acts and will often pay people to kill act bosses for them -- there's steady trade in advertising on the in-game party browser to kill the Act 3 boss for moderate amounts of currency, depending on the world difficulty (as in Diablo 2/3, after beating the last act in a given difficulty you restart in act 1 at a higher difficulty).
This grief will kill your in-game reputation, but if you don't regularly bother to kill bosses for pay then it's no great loss.

Minor, effortless grief:
Collect a party of people who all pay you the currency to kill the boss [sidenote: payment is always up-front in this situation, whether the boss killer is legit or not], then leave party and put them all on ignore.

rear end in a top hat grief:
Dominus, the Act 3 boss, has a very painful DOT that can kill you in seconds, especially if you're a bad or new player who doesn't carry a certain type of health flask. Because he's so dangerous, in a legitimate boss-kill scenario the killer will be in the instance killing him while the rushees will wait just outside a doorway where the DOT can't reach. This is a separate zone so they can't see what happens, but they still get credit for the kill if they're partied up with the person killing. You have to enter the zone after the boss is dead to talk to an npc, so after Dominus is dead the person doing the killing will give the all-clear to enter the instance.
So if you're of a mind to truly gently caress over some people eager to rush, you collect the money, enter the instance, wait until Dominus throws up his DOT and say "Come on in". Naturally, you want to do this in hardcore mode. Get paid and kill off their character in the process.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Age of Wushu is so nice for in game griefing features, you can rob people who are running carts for their guilds, light guild bases on fire, get a pet bird and throw eggs at people, spit wine on people until they get so drunk they just start constantly vomitting and you can literally hire hooligans to smash up wedding banquets. :allears:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Isn't Age of Wushu also the game where the devs talked about adding a mechanic that allowed you to castrate players? What ever came of that?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Isn't Age of Wushu also the game where the devs talked about adding a mechanic that allowed you to castrate players? What ever came of that?

I think they put it in.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Soulex posted:

I think they put it in.

Can it be undone or is it permanent?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

VanSandman posted:

Try cutting your balls off and see if they grow back.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

VanSandman posted:

I think there's a way to reverse it somehow.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Herbal Tea fixes everything

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
You can chop your own balls off but not other people yet. The faction that does that is a few patches ahead in the Chinese version. The US version's release schedule is a bit slower since they have to translate everything.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

So uh..... Why would you wanna castrate yourself in a video game, exactly? :v:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Ezzer posted:

So uh..... Why would you wanna castrate yourself in a video game, exactly? :v:

Because China Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

MadBimber posted:

I always felt the care package knifing glitch was way better. You received like a 25% speed increase (which could be coupled with marathon and agility), a 25% health increase (which coupled with commando made you nigh invulnerable while teleporting through gunfire), and your character ran in a bizarre hunched over state, making you tricky to shoot or stab. A good knifer could clear out a spawn two, three times as people just spawned in around him. The amount of people yelling about hacks and telling you that they would report you or kill you... Some of the greatest games of my life. :allears:

I recall in MW2 you could ruin a team or FFA on Favala while using Commando pro + Extreme conditioning Pro + Tactical knife on any pistol. All you had to do was path around the map and chase people through buildings or get at them while they're aiming off. Get to the top of a building - look for victims - jump from any height and proceed to destroy them. The lunge from commando plus the quickness of the tactical knife made it a stupid quick instakill combo which when combined with Favala's tight corners made it ruinous. Pepper in rewarads like UAV and other tracking allowed it to be that much more deadly. The amount of rage chat I experienced during those times kept it alive toward the end of that game for me.

• Locked thread