Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

tuckfard posted:

Can Ted Ginn score more than 1.2 points tonight?

He can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

tuckfard posted:

Can Ted Ginn score more than 1.2 points tonight?

Wasian I need to think about it, since Dalton is on bye next week.

Yes. Yes he can.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
WRONG THREAD

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Bad news: I play the Peppercorns this week

Good news: ???

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
The standings on the right side are pretty awesome right now. 6 teams at 6-5 going for 2 spots.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tuckfard posted:

The standings on the right side are pretty awesome right now. 6 teams at 6-5 going for 2 spots.

If I can win out, I'll be 7-6. That's pretty much all I have now.

LOST SEASON

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

chrix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1LUt6q9WDM

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

If I can win out, I'll be 7-6. That's pretty much all I have now.

LOST SEASON

While I definitely plan to battle it out to the end, all I can do at this point is put my support behind the valiant representative of the Dan Marino Division to carry the torch.

Aaron H, fuckin' do this poo poo.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Power of Pecota posted:

Your opinions on Kelly are as accurate as your opinions on the Dan Marino division.

The Onion hasn't been funny in over a decade. :colbert:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

chrix posted:

Good news: Tiquan Underwood scored more points than he has in the last 11 weeks combined.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Power of Pecota posted:

Good news: Tiquan Underwood scored more points than he has in the last 11 weeks combined.

I'm still miffed I had to drop Underwood to pick up another TE even though I was freeing up a player in a trade :mad:

Meanwhile McFadden is just dead weight on my bench. At least Donald Brown didn't do poo poo, no one should win when they trade with me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If Santana Moss and Roy Helu combine for less than 14 points, the dream for mediocrity lives.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Eltoasto's bench outscored my entire team yesterday.

also his starters more than doubled my starters' points. I still have Kap and Garcon, but still.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Holy crap I won. By .4 points :stare:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Stevie Lee posted:

Eltoasto's bench outscored my entire team yesterday.

also his starters more than doubled my starters' points. I still have Kap and Garcon, but still.

Yeah I was shocked by that, every single starter had 10+ points. I certainly know it won't happen again this season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

You or the Chickns need to bring Montana another ring!

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
I'm 6th in points scored. I'm 1st in points scored against. I currently sit in 16th. One of those years.

Knocked out long time division rival the Hot Dog Heroes, though

Also, 6th in points for and I missed HUGE on my first round pick of CJ Spiller.

MikeyKins fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 26, 2013

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Wow, RGIII was underwhelming tonight and helped give me a win. Thanks, man!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This is how I feel about getting to .500.

One more to go for a winning season! MORAL VICTORIES ARE THE BEST VICTORIES.

And seeing as how Braksgirl is 6-6 because she beat Jetsguy?

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 26, 2013

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

MikeyKins posted:

Knocked out long time division rival the Hot Dog Heroes, though

:negative:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Hopefully Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, and the Chiefs D/ST were just getting this week out of their systems before the playoffs. Barfarino.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

I've got bad news for you.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Matt Ryan sucks, ya'll.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Well gently caress me :(

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

MikeyKins posted:

Also, 6th in points for and I missed HUGE on my first round pick of CJ Spiller.

Yeah, my first round pick was Brady who didn't start playing until two weeks ago, and my second was Roddy White who hasn't played all year. That hurt.

The second highest scorer on my team is the Seahawks D who I took in the 5th. Cool.

halonx
May 4, 2005

JuicedSixFo posted:

Yeah, my first round pick was Brady who didn't start playing until two weeks ago, and my second was Roddy White who hasn't played all year. That hurt.

The second highest scorer on my team is the Seahawks D who I took in the 5th. Cool.

I'm still hoping Rodgers( first round pick ) will get off the drat bench in time to be useful. McGloin has had some good weeks, but he makes me too nervous about whether he'll have a decent week or not.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
None of you noticed the awesome new LM note?

:mad: YOU'RE ALL BANNED

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Braksgirl posted:

Wow, RGIII was underwhelming tonight and helped give me a win. Thanks, man!

Whatever, Vandy has made UT fans literally suicidal. LSU triumphed.

FFB martyrdom for these things is a small price to pay.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in this league. Even you Dan Marinoians. :)

May you all be stuffed full of turkey/ham/tofurkey/whatever.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in this league. Even you Dan Marinoians. :)

May you all be stuffed full of turkey/ham/tofurkey/whatever.

Today I am thankful for the best fantasy league on the forums.

Possibly on ESPN.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I am thankful for a league with IR slots, so that I can put my first round pick in them every goddamn year and pretend like they are still helping.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
I am thankful for the fact that not only can you win with negative points from a player, it's almost expected.

I am not thankful for Matt Flynn being terrible and me making the terrible decision to start him.

e: aha I forgot I even picked up Weeden

wasianchickn fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 29, 2013

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

So, this is the first time in this league I might be playoff relevant. Do we have any special rules for the playoffs or is it 4 division winners and 4 wildcards? Also, what are the tiebreakers?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

chrix posted:

So, this is the first time in this league I might be playoff relevant. Do we have any special rules for the playoffs or is it 4 division winners and 4 wildcards? Also, what are the tiebreakers?

Real NFL rules apply. Don't take ESPN'S projections. Jetsguy will adjust as necessary.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Silly Burrito posted:

Real NFL rules apply. Don't take ESPN'S projections. Jetsguy will adjust as necessary.

Exactly. :siren: ESPN DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW WE DO TIEBREAKERS. IGNORE THEIR PLAYOFF PICTURE. :siren:

I use NFL rules, see here: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Be aware that some of these I'll never use. For example, I would never use "margin of victory" because you have no control over how many points your opponent scores.

Most of the time the second or third tiebreaker does it. There has, however, been ONE time (I think year one) that I literally had to flip a coin (last tie breaker by official rule). The reason being that after SoS (tiebreaker 5 / 6), all the other ones are based on *net* points.

Anyway, win your damned conference games is the moral of the story.

EDIT:
I just did a quick check. 3 of the 4 division winners are already set (because they're two games up).

HOWEVER, THE CHICKINS CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY, AND MUST WIN IF THEY WANT THE DIVISION
If the Chickins lose, and "Power of Palmer" wins, they will have tie-ing records.. but Palmer has beaten Chickns in BOTH their matchups, so they'd win the tiebreaker.

This is unofficial, as I am drunk.

EDIT 2:
The following teams can guarantee a playoff spot for themselves and avoid tiebreaker bullshit by winning tomorrow:
Wisconsin Cows
Spinnin Freeneys
Power of Palmer
Naptown Sleepers

Again, plz do not hold it against me if I'm wrong here, as I'm just doing a cursory glance.

EDIT 3:
In case you're wondering, yes, I'm such a nice person, I even use tiebreaking rules for the consolation ladder. Of course, as we're comparing cross conference guys, it's a little more lax there.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 1, 2013

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JetsGuy posted:

Exactly. :siren: ESPN DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW WE DO TIEBREAKERS. IGNORE THEIR PLAYOFF PICTURE. :siren:

I use NFL rules, see here: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Be aware that some of these I'll never use. For example, I would never use "margin of victory" because you have no control over how many points your opponent scores.

Most of the time the second or third tiebreaker does it. There has, however, been ONE time (I think year one) that I literally had to flip a coin (last tie breaker by official rule). The reason being that after SoS (tiebreaker 5 / 6), all the other ones are based on *net* points.

Anyway, win your damned conference games is the moral of the story.

EDIT:
I just did a quick check. 3 of the 4 division winners are already set (because they're two games up).

HOWEVER, THE CHICKINS CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY, AND MUST WIN IF THEY WANT THE DIVISION
If the Chickins lose, and "Power of Palmer" wins, they will have tie-ing records.. but Palmer has beaten Chickns in BOTH their matchups, so they'd win the tiebreaker.

This is unofficial, as I am drunk.

EDIT 2:
The following teams can guarantee a playoff spot for themselves and avoid tiebreaker bullshit by winning tomorrow:
Wisconsin Cows
Spinnin Freeneys
Power of Palmer
Naptown Sleepers

Again, plz do not hold it against me if I'm wrong here, as I'm just doing a cursory glance.

EDIT 3:
In case you're wondering, yes, I'm such a nice person, I even use tiebreaking rules for the consolation ladder. Of course, as we're comparing cross conference guys, it's a little more lax there.

With Carson Palmer and Justin Hunter leading the way Power of Palmer will emerge victorious.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

JetsGuy posted:

Goddammit.

I still would have more points too :mad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Why oh why didn't I start Ben Tate in this league and two others? I only started him in one and he's got 33 points. Arrrgh.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

It feels really really weird wanting a Denver QB to torch the Chiefs. Like, uck.

What happened to you this year Stevonne Smith :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Looks like a tough week ahead for JetsGuy, there's going to be lots of tiebreakers it looks like.

• Locked thread