Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
OK, I love Gaben as a GM, but that Royal Rumble win was total nonsense. That should have been Kefka's shot to win :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

7 minutes into the night I called it:

6:07 PM - [PRX] Cheeseman: Proto has a new caw supposedly, so maybe he and grey fox can be Team Robot resurrection

So much hype for this, Haggar vs Gaben, and Duke vs Ganon next week.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Really great episode, but I'm sort of disappointed Badman lost. Gabe winning the rumble by coming in as #40 was absolutely perfect though.

TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!
Let it be known THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Cheeseman posted:

7 minutes into the night I called it:

6:07 PM - [PRX] Cheeseman: Proto has a new caw supposedly, so maybe he and grey fox can be Team Robot resurrection

So much hype for this, Haggar vs Gaben, and Duke vs Ganon next week.

Hagger v. Gabe will probably be the week after. Next week is Knuckles v. Segata.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Serpentis posted:

OK, I love Gaben as a GM, but that Royal Rumble win was total nonsense. That should have been Kefka's shot to win :(

Reaching the cusp of victory via god-tier troll tactics and manipulation only to get knocked the gently caress out at the last minute seems to be Kefka's thing in VGCW. It really is eerie how these things work out.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

We lost the 2/3 falls stipulation to #Bazzaquality. :negative:

Oh well. We'll always have Badman's new entrance.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Supersonic Shine posted:

But holy poo poo, Protoman, what are you doing still assembled properly?

Like Zero, he hid himself while he tried to repair himself.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Tonfa posted:

We lost the 2/3 falls stipulation to #Bazzaquality. :negative:

Oh well. We'll always have Badman's new entrance.

Vegeta demands a rematch!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The power level of everyone seem to be about the same as 2k13, but some caw probably could do better without their aerial move screwing them up. Namely, Red.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd say the more aggressive AI has made some of the lower tier characters a little better, and the speedy characters especially seem better, but a lot of the original powerhouses are still super strong. All in all it makes the matches more interesting but so far it seems like you're still able to spot the strong ones. I like it.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Mayor owns, sorry you're so wrong haters.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I will say the Gaben rumble win could make for some nice plot

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Dragongem posted:

I will say the Gaben rumble win could make for some nice plot

Yeah, I hope that the inevitable interview results in a Gabe/Kefka backstage brawl.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Here's that spectacular botch from Pyro vs. Airman tonight:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Mayor of America, President of Earth: Mike Haggar. :smug:

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

You have an incorrect opinion and I will fight you over it. :colbert:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Haggar's cool, he's just had the problem of his last two opponents being two of the most popular characters on the stream. One of which in his first match back since April or May.

I hope The Mayor puts that corrupt rear end in a top hat Gaben back in his place :argh:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I nominate Haggar for new GM.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Petit Gregory posted:

Here's that spectacular botch from Pyro vs. Airman tonight:

Haha holy poo poo it really does look like Air Man blew Pyro out of position.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Gimnbo posted:

Air Man is probably one of my favorite new additions. The notion of a glorified cooling unit being Wily's ultimate killing machine is just too good.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Gimnbo posted:

"Do you know what it's like to be built this way? With only the power to push others away?"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Dunno what people are up in arms about the Rumble, I thought it was perfect. Kefka gets a brief opening to escape his interview position and reclaim his glory, only to have that taken away from him by the boss who brought him down in the first place. Also fit in with Gabe's character well of being the guy in charge who does what he wants without consequence, but only pissing off the bad guys (and Jensen) in the process. Reminds me a lot of that one rumble IRL that Vince won over Austin, except the authority/employee face and heel roles were reversed. If Bazza plays his cards right, this could be a fantastic feud between the two going forward that'll be a great subplot to the Dark Age of the Law storyline.

I'm also not a fan of the Mayor as champ. Too far out of character for my tastes.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Prozach posted:

I'm also not a fan of the Mayor as champ. Too far out of character for my tastes.

What's out of character about it? Isn't he a like a champion pro-wrestler turned politician?

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

CommonSensei posted:

What's out of character about it? Isn't he a like a champion pro-wrestler turned politician?

More his promos than anything. He seems a bit too arrogant for a guy that's supposed to be a humble Dad figure. Not saying he doesn't belong in VGCW, because of course he does.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Captain LeChuck Status Report:

I made some minor tweaks to LeChuck (mostly his logos, reduced the size of his abdomen and legs, and made his chest a little bigger to compensate) and I realized the reason people are having difficulty is probably because I've done a piss-poor job of showing off just how big LeChuck already is.

Edit: Also, I hate working Tuesday nights. The wait for matches to be uploaded is even worse than the wait for The Night itself!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Prozach posted:

Dunno what people are up in arms about the Rumble,

Because every time Gabe wins anything it's because he's the evil corrupt GM, and not because he's a very powerful wrestler who got lucking in a random drawing.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

I have to say, I don't like the way the main title scene has gone about lately, namely immediately giving Vegeta a title shot instead of just giving him a spot in a contenders match. Now guys who've been tearing it up lately like Bowser and AVGN and D.K. (who has probably missed his chance after his loss to Duke) have to wait even longer to get a title shot.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

SoggyBobcat posted:

I have to say, I don't like the way the main title scene has gone about lately, namely immediately giving Vegeta a title shot instead of just giving him a spot in a contenders match. Now guys who've been tearing it up lately like Bowser and AVGN and D.K. (who has probably missed his chance after his loss to Duke) have to wait even longer to get a title shot.

Vegeta got a "title shot" because he was never beaten as champion when he killed himself to try and take out Dracula. It's like a guy leaving with the title and then coming back to challenge the new "champion" for both of them.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Vegeta got a "title shot" because he was never beaten as champion when he killed himself to try and take out Dracula. It's like a guy leaving with the title and then coming back to challenge the new "champion" for both of them.

Dracula beat him. :v:

Also, death is a totally legitimate means to lose your title. :colbert:

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Because every time Gabe wins anything it's because he's the evil corrupt GM, and not because he's a very powerful wrestler who got lucking in a random drawing.

You believe that ability and random chance govern entirely who wins... in a wrestling match.

One's born every minute.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it's different when it's a video game played by computers. The matches in VGCW aren't staged.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
As its been joked about before, VGCW is more real than actual pro wrestling.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The Royal Rumble got blocked on Zylche's channel. :(

Edit: Problem solved. I love Firefox's add-ons.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 27, 2013

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

I can't tell what's kayfabe anymore! Aaaaaaaa!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Man, I really miss DK's old face. I wonder why Bazza changed it, the CAW was remade with that old design and everything :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

TaurusOxford posted:

The Royal Rumble got blocked on Zylche's channel. :(

Edit: Problem solved. I love Firefox's add-ons.

I'm just not seeing it listed on his channel at all - how did you watch it?

• Locked thread