Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Avshalom posted:

please feel free to ask me at any time for a detailed rundown of what women find attractive in a man as i consider myself the last word on the subject

You feelings on; Hawaiian shirts, Jam shorts, crocs and a fedora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

You feelings on; Hawaiian shirts, Jam shorts, crocs and a fedora.
no, no, no, only if you're leonard cohen

the above sentence is also what i say to men who are trying to seduce me (see below)

but sometimes i will consider them if they provide evidence that they'd be a suitable mate. possible mating displays include buying drinks (coffee yes, cocktails yes, bottled water no, methylated spirits no), ostentatious dress/peacocking (alarming wig + feather boa + horn-rimmed glasses + sequined nipple pasties combination yes, fursuit no) dancing (quickstep shuffle yes, white guy convulsions no, poledancing maybe) or straight-up dropping their pants and waving their dong at me in front of everybody (only consider this if your dong is impressive or you are prepared to physically battle the 2-5 policemen who come to arrest you, which i find quite erotic but only if you win)

behaviour is everything, physical traits like skin/hair/eye pigmentation, body size and general hairiness are less important than generally assumed as long as you're not one of those creepy british guys with bright red skin ginger hair and no eyebrows as i will not have that poo poo in my bed, i will not have it (exceptional cases will be considered on a case-to-case basis)

note: hawaiian men are exempt from the no-hawaiian-shirts rule

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Old blues dudes can wear Hawaiian shirts and fedoras or whatever they drat well please. There's no excuse for crocs or whatever jam shorts are, though.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
females respond to advances from unsuitable mates in various ways depending on the individual; my personal display is lying down on the floor and peeing straight up into the air while screaming loudly, which i believe is quite common and distinctive. if a woman does this, it is time to leave.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crow Jane posted:

Old blues dudes can wear Hawaiian shirts and fedoras or whatever they drat well please. There's no excuse for crocs or whatever jam shorts are, though.

Crocs are fine shoes for puttering in the garden. :colbert: No big deal if you spray them with the hose, or get a rock in them, or step in the mud, nothing hurts them. All with more protection that going barefoot, and less cumbersome than rubber boots.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

They are the 80's. Look upon them and despair!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Avshalom posted:

please feel free to ask me at any time for a detailed rundown of what women find attractive in a man as i consider myself the last word on the subject
Really pretty men that look like women

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Really pretty men that look like women
n

unless they've got some freakish juxtaposition going on where they take their shirt off and it's just this monstrous thicket of hair and a python cock hanging to their ankles and i think, my god, you really are a man and what a man, i'm blessed to perceive you

otherwise, unsatisfactory

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

VendaGoat posted:

They are the 80's. Look upon them and despair!

And you wear these with a Hawaiian shirt you say?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

You could camouflage yourself at Rainforest Cafe and then jump out and scare people

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Shithouse Dave posted:

And you wear these with a Hawaiian shirt you say?

What? Is it like Denim on denim?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dinosaur chicken nuggets: better than regular chicken nuggets?

Charles Bronson
Sep 16, 2010
More scar chat:

I had some serious boob surgery because I never really sprouted a right boob and my left one came in all wonky so now my chest is covered in scars but I don't really care. Scars are cool in my opinion.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Dinosaur chicken nuggets: better than regular chicken nuggets?

yes, because regular chicken nuggets are boring but dinosaur chicken nuggets are dinosaurs

every single time I've seen the inside of a freezer at college it's had dino nuggets in it

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Charles Bronson posted:

More scar chat:

I had some serious boob surgery because I never really sprouted a right boob and my left one came in all wonky so now my chest is covered in scars but I don't really care. Scars are cool in my opinion.

My sister had a similar issue. Amazon boob . The right side just didn't really develop. She just had an implant put in that side to even them out and she's content now.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LingcodKilla posted:

My sister had a similar issue. Amazon boob . The right side just didn't really develop. She just had an implant put in that side to even them out and she's content now.

Hey did you ever kill that bird? I assume it was a turkey.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

VanSandman posted:

Hey did you ever kill that bird? I assume it was a turkey.

Lol. I think you misunderstood my enthusiasm for prepping my turkey. He was already done in when I got my hands on him. I spent a good thirty minutes lifting his skin off his carcass without ripping it. Once I had a turkey skin sock I rubbed salt and herbs on to the meat and tooth picked back in place the skin sack. Stuffed it with onions and carrots and it's sitting in the fridge ready for the oven tonight. I'll add most of a bottle of wine for it to baste in also.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

LingcodKilla posted:

Lol. I think you misunderstood my enthusiasm for prepping my turkey. He was already done in when I got my hands on him. I spent a good thirty minutes lifting his skin off his carcass without ripping it. Once I had a turkey skin sock I rubbed salt and herbs on to the meat and tooth picked back in place the skin sack. Stuffed it with onions and carrots and it's sitting in the fridge ready for the oven tonight. I'll add most of a bottle of wine for it to baste in also.

I hope your fam or whomever you're going to be eating with appreciates that, that sounds pretty good and I usually gravitate more towards the ham on Thanksgiving.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i just brine the son of a bitch

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LingcodKilla posted:

Haha I did, I thought you were gonna kill and prep a living bird.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Okay, here is another question for someone who is sometimes slow up on the uptake:

I have been looking at the thread title for like weeks and trying to parse the joke or pun in it. "Ladies yes" I get but "m'ladies no"...does that mean "Male Ladies, no" or "Maladies, no" or is it just a way to say...ladies no? But there are supposed to be ladies! Or is this some reference that I don't get?

:iiam:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

Okay, here is another question for someone who is sometimes slow up on the uptake:

I have been looking at the thread title for like weeks and trying to parse the joke or pun in it. "Ladies yes" I get but "m'ladies no"...does that mean "Male Ladies, no" or "Maladies, no" or is it just a way to say...ladies no? But there are supposed to be ladies! Or is this some reference that I don't get?

Gross neckbeards call women "m'lady". This thread is a neckbeard-free zone.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

m'lady is a stupid malajusted fedorabeard way of addressing a woman

none of that here

e: dammit jane

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

fedora neck beard types say "m'lady" instead of "miss" or "ma'am"

e: double-drat

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Crow Jane posted:

Gross neckbeards call women "m'lady". This thread is a neckbeard-free zone.

Is it a good thing that I didn't know that?

I learn so much from Something Awful, but maybe I am better off knowing what "HBD" and "Dark Triad" mean.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
It means "my lady," for clarification.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I was once walking down the street and it was raining a little. A neckbeard was walking by me, and said "Would you like some of my umbrella, m'lady?". I declined and got rained on instead.

Also a dork in a comic book shop once called me mademoiselle.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I actually have never heard anyone say "m'lady" irl. "Ma'am" has always sufficed for me.

e:
That thread is scary

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Crow Jane posted:

Also a dork in a comic book shop once called me mademoiselle.

I should not find this as funny as I do

but jesus christ

did he even say it right?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

but jesus christ

"Good afternoon madam muscle"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

but jesus christ

He tried to get overly French with it, like Pepe LePew or something

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I have to admit I do use "excusez-moi" more than I should. foreign languages are fun

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
PUPDATE

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 27, 2013

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
MY TABLES

cute dogs

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
IN YO FACE

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 27, 2013

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Also gently caress tables I'm doing this from my phone and it's a bitch and a half.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Ugh fine I'll do timg

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Look at those fat little things :3:. If I was in a house with those puppies, I would never get anything done.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

:swoon:

Lookit that big pile of furry turds. LOOKATITOMGSOCUUUUUUUTE furry little poos.

Can I have one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shithouse Dave posted:

:swoon:

Lookit that big pile of furry turds. LOOKATITOMGSOCUUUUUUUTE furry little poos.

Can I have one?

1.4k and a long dog related questionnaire.

• Locked thread