Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

SedanChair posted:

These folks should hang out with that Russian guy who thinks all of recorded history is only like 400 years and a bunch of historical figures are actually the same people.

Oh, this sounds good. Got any more info on this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My facebook feed is filling up with more and more anti-government propoganda and "united slaves of america" tripe than ever before these days.

I can't help but wonder if the people who get far too deep into this sort of things are expecting more from their government. You get the feeling that people realise that they arn't born into the world to get everything for nothing and having to work for a living and make their own way in the world is a horrible sin.

I guess a lot of conspiracy theorists are of the thinking that being a human being means you should get everything essential provided to you for nothing without realising that if that was the case, people would probably just breed uncontrollably.

I dunno. It just angers me because it's fairly obvious the government doesn't have peoples best interests in mind but it's just lazy to claim you should come into the world and get everything you need provided for you.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh, this sounds good. Got any more info on this guy?
He's talking about New Chronology, I believe. Kasparov supports it!

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

SedanChair posted:

Oh yeah, good call, surveillance isn't total. Therefore, something.
Therefore nothing. All I asked was why haven't we seen the photos the FBI used to identify the bombers?
Especially seeing as we have photos of near-everything-else that went on that day, including the gore. Why the photos are withheld doesn't make sense to me.

It's a perfectly harmless question.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

truther posted:

Therefore nothing. All I asked was why haven't we seen the photos the FBI used to identify the bombers?
Especially seeing as we have photos of near-everything-else that went on that day, including the gore. Why the photos are withheld doesn't make sense to me.

Okay, why does it matter to you?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

truther posted:

You realize "Just asking questions" is never that, right?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

truther posted:

Do you mean "harmless" or "inane"? Because it's both. Why does your brain short circuit to "there must be a picture and they're hiding it from me?"

Do you understand that when a bomb goes off, people start taking more pictures?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ramagamma posted:

My facebook feed is filling up with more and more anti-government propoganda and "united slaves of america" tripe than ever before these days.

I can't help but wonder if the people who get far too deep into this sort of things are expecting more from their government. You get the feeling that people realise that they arn't born into the world to get everything for nothing and having to work for a living and make their own way in the world is a horrible sin.

I guess a lot of conspiracy theorists are of the thinking that being a human being means you should get everything essential provided to you for nothing without realising that if that was the case, people would probably just breed uncontrollably.

I dunno. It just angers me because it's fairly obvious the government doesn't have peoples best interests in mind but it's just lazy to claim you should come into the world and get everything you need provided for you.

Please tell me more about this Just World that you inhabit and how much you achieved in it through your own hard work and merit without anyone's help :allears:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For some reason I glanced at the Youtube comments for a video about the Young Turks show talking about some douchey 15 year old conservative radio host, and the top rated comment said;

"Feminizism is a zionist plot to double tax income and get women out of the home so children will be indoctrinated in the zionist run liberial conformity factories!"

Why poo poo on women when you can poo poo on them and Jews at the same time!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SedanChair posted:

Do you mean "harmless" or "inane"? Because it's both. Why does your brain short circuit to "there must be a picture and they're hiding it from me?"

Do you understand that when a bomb goes off, people start taking more pictures?

It's my understanding that the actual images of them placing the bombs came from a private security camera and not bystanders. I assume they'll show the pictures/video in court if it comes to that which is probably why they don't plan on releasing them yet.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
If nothing else we have them in the crowd with bulky backpacks and them leaving without said backpacks. Combined with everything else that happened and we know I'm willing to bet they got the right guys.

Besides what is the purpose of the government faking those attacks? To help the red sox won the world series?

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Forgall posted:

Please tell me more about this Just World that you inhabit and how much you achieved in it through your own hard work and merit without anyone's help :allears:

As opposed to the legions of people that lap this poo poo up who a) don't have a job and b) spend all their benefit money on dope??

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pook Good Mook posted:

If nothing else we have them in the crowd with bulky backpacks and them leaving without said backpacks. Combined with everything else that happened and we know I'm willing to bet they got the right guys.

Besides what is the purpose of the government faking those attacks? To help the red sox won the world series?

Patriots too :unsmigghh:

Seriously though a lot of conspiracy nutjobs say it was a "test run" for martial law, and since Watertown so eagerly accepted the jackbooted police rolling in on tanks and SWAT gear with assault rifles, it means the American people are becoming too complacent.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 27, 2013

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ramagamma posted:

As opposed to the legions of people that lap this poo poo up who a) don't have a job and b) spend all their benefit money on dope??
"Legions of unemployed who spend all their welfare money on drugs" are about as backed by evidence as orbital laser cannons.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

truther posted:

None of those pictures of gore were released by the FBI. All were taken by other individuals on the scene and are not contextless and grainy security cam stills that are being used as part of an ongoing investigation/prosecution.

Also, is it even true the FBI hasn't released these images? I recall seeing these or something similar to them on tv. Let's assume the FBI hasn't released said images - what would change if they did? Why should they be compelled to?

EDIT: Yeah, they did release photos and video. So "Why haven't we seen this?" is answered by "You didn't do your research."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-releases-video-of-2-boston-bombing-suspects/

Ramagamma posted:

This is a myth, and it has nothing to do with conspiracy theories anyway.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 27, 2013

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Also, is it even true the FBI hasn't released these images?
The FBI have not released the images, no.

EDIT: Yeah, they did release photos and video. So "Why haven't we seen this?" is answered by "You didn't do your research."
Um your link doesn't show that. It shows their faces and them in the area, exactly what I said earlier. Good one! I guess your post is answered by 'You didn't read the post!'

Surprised so many of you are so enraged over a simple observation. At least duz had the sense to point out it is probably withheld until after the trial. At least one person realises it's a reasonable question.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

truther posted:

Um your link doesn't show that. It shows their faces and them in the area, exactly what I said earlier. Good one! I guess your post is answered by 'You didn't read the post!'

Surprised so many of you are so enraged over a simple observation. At least duz had the sense to point out it is probably withheld until after the trial. At least one person realises it's a reasonable question.

It's not really a reasonable question. It's a stupid question, designed to sow doubt without providing any actual logical basis for any doubt. Appealing to the "what are they hiding from us" instinct is only valid if you have some goddamn reason to believe that they are hiding something, other than your own paranoia.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Oh yeah dude you're totally right. My mistake. I'm a massive conspiracy theorist and it was clearly a false flag attack. I didn't realise until you corrected me.
Thanks so much.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

truther posted:

What would you gain from those pictures? If the event was faked the pictures could be easily faked ("photo of guy putting down a backpack" is a pretty easy thing to fake if you've got "photos of explosions and mutilated bodies" covered).

This information wouldn't lead you anywhere new, it wouldn't confirm the reported story and its absence isn't damning either.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

truther posted:

Oh yeah dude you're totally right. My mistake. I'm a massive conspiracy theorist and it was clearly a false flag attack. I didn't realise until you corrected me.
Thanks so much.

No one starts out as a massive conspiracy theorist. They just start out by "asking questions."

Forever.

edit- I'm not saying you personally are a conspiracy theorist. I was saying that your question was not really anything anyone should care about at all. It was a stupid concern.

The first question of the Birthers was "why can't we see the birth certificate" even though there was absolutely no basis to question Obama's birth. And what is more, showing the birth certificate to the public didn't actually help at all.

predicto fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 27, 2013

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Why are you assuming I think it was faked? I never said that. In fact I specifically said I don't think that.

I was merely asking why they hadn't released the photos.
Turns out it's because of the court process.

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx

truther posted:

Why are you assuming I think it was faked? I never said that. In fact I specifically said I don't think that.

I was merely asking why they hadn't released the photos.
Turns out it's because of the court process.

So what you're saying is that you're just asking questions.... right?

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
I asked one question, as I've repeated several times because people seem intent of making it into a big issue.

Not everything is some big government conspiracy dude. Simple questions usually have simple answers. Occam's Razor and all that.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

truther posted:

I'm not enraged? I assumed you were some kind of goofy gimmick asking standard truther posts under the handle 'truther' and so far you're about what I expected. This is a pretty weird and limp wristed troll, dude. Have some self respect and step up your game.

The FBI has released video and while it may not be in the article I linked, the article should be sufficient to demonstrate that your "Why haven't they released the video what are they hiding" is based in laziness or paranoia.

truther posted:

I asked one question, as I've repeated several times because people seem intent of making it into a big issue.

Not everything is some big government conspiracy dude. Simple questions usually have simple answers. Occam's Razor and all that.

Occam's Razor indicates that the simplest solution is that you aren't aware of what the FBI have or haven't released.

Asking "where is the proof" is a common truther question begging tactic, like Obama's birth certificate or grainy and useless images of a jet hitting the pentagon. This demand for evidence is just a red herring to support an otherwise unsupportable assertion. You're basically putting your opponents in the situation where they have to prove a negative in order to participate in the debate on your terms.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 27, 2013

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

truther posted:

Then why didn't you look a little harder before giving this question you had as an example of "I don't believe in conspiracy theories but"

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

Asking "where is the proof"
Except I didn't say that, did I?

Why are you continuing on wasting your time on something that doesn't even exist? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, it was a perfectly reasonable question with a perfectly reasonable answer. Why aren't I saying 'b-b-but we haven't seen the photos so how do we know it was them?!'

Not even going to ask why you'd take my tag literally but not what I actually post.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

truther posted:

Except I didn't say that, did I?

Why are you continuing on wasting your time on something that doesn't even exist? I'm not a conspiracy theorist, it was a perfectly reasonable question with a perfectly reasonable answer. Why aren't I saying 'b-b-but we haven't seen the photos so how do we know it was them?!'

Not even going to ask why you'd take my tag literally but not what I actually post.

I am taking your posts literally. Your posts are asking stupid questions and then you get mad that nobody takes your stupid questions seriously.

The FBI has released the images you said you would like to see, not that said images actually matter to anyone who isn't paranoid or incompetent.

If you don't want to be branded as a conspiracy theorist, don't ask questions that conspiracy theorists would ask and then resist when you get told that your questions are deficient. If you're not trolling or a conspiracy theorist then the only other possibility is that you are somehow incapable of typing "FBI release images boston bomber placing bag" into google.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 27, 2013

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS

The FBI has released the images you said you would like to see, not that said images actually matter to anyone who isn't paranoid or incompetent.
No, they didn't. As duz pointed out, those particular images are withheld because of the trial. Your own link didn't contain such images so it's really a wonder why you keep claiming they do. Reminds me of people looking for Mason symbols in 9/11 wreckage or something.

And so the only paranoid person is you. I'm perfectly fine with the answer. I didn't understand why it was withheld and now I know. You however are acting like a paranoid person digging for answers that aren't there, making insinuations based off your own speculation and ignoring simple facts.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

truther posted:

No, they didn't. As duz pointed out, those particular images are withheld because of the trial.

The only paranoid person is you. I'm perfectly fine with the answer. I didn't understand why it was withheld and now I know. You however are acting like a paranoid person digging for answers that aren't there, making insinuations based off your own speculation and ignoring simple facts.

Whatever you say, odd person who really wants to pick an internet fight for some reason. You can find these videos if you care to look.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Sums it up. Best of luck to you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

truther posted:

Sums it up. Best of luck to you.

What is this rear end-out? Maybe you would like to post this as well to give yourself an undeserved sense of superiority?

Or would you prefer to call George Noory on Coast to Coast AM and have him act like your question was meaningful?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

predicto posted:

No one starts out as a massive conspiracy theorist. They just start out by "asking questions."

Forever.

edit- I'm not saying you personally are a conspiracy theorist. I was saying that your question was not really anything anyone should care about at all. It was a stupid concern.

The first question of the Birthers was "why can't we see the birth certificate" even though there was absolutely no basis to question Obama's birth. And what is more, showing the birth certificate to the public didn't actually help at all.

I do think that D&D shits on people who are "asking questions" a little excessively sometimes. Asking questions is how public suspicion of genuine malfeasance/conspiracy/crime/whatever is often disseminated - people were "asking questions" about the NSA long before Snowden leaked anything, and an awful lot of those questions turned out to be valid. Asking for a smoking gun on a terror plot is not really equivalent to asking about Obama's birth certificate and it's silly to imply that it is. Do we have a lot of public evidence that renders actual footage of the placement rather irrelevant? Yeah. Is it crazy to want to see it? Not really.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Questions never turn out be valid, answers can.

Radio Prune
Feb 19, 2010
I don't know guys, maybe somethingawful.com forums user truther was sincerely curious :shrug:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jazerus posted:

I do think that D&D shits on people who are "asking questions" a little excessively sometimes.

I think there's a definite spectrum between asking a question and "just asking questions" where people, both those asking and those responding, can be easily mistaken as to which side the question falls on.

Genuine questions, like "I've seen so many photos from the bombing, but none seem to show the bombs being placed. Is it likely that there are any photos like that and would law enforcement have a reason not to release them?" are a lot different from the faux-socratic "I've never seen them actually placing the bombs, law enforcement must be deliberately hiding those images. It's very suspicious and makes you think, hmmm?"

The "just asking questions" is never about the information, it's always designed to turn discussion to a preconceived conclusion of some sort. But some people will still, with all honesty, ask these sorts of questions because they're unaware of their own bias.

I think we should, at the very least, make the person aware of what they're doing before jumping up and down on their heads.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 28, 2013

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyway, has Bob Tuskin been mentioned in the thread? He popped up since he got wrecked by Chomsky at a recent event and was even nice enough to post video of it with a pithy description.

http://www.bobtuskin.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i9ra-i6Knc

He's also got some very awesome headlines on his site, but it's surprisingly lacking in water purification and seed bag ads.

BREAKING: JFK SS Agent's Death Bed Confession

30,000 more people freed from water fluoridation after Australian town rejects poison

BITCOIN value jumps after mostly positive Senate hearing

'I AM THE LIVING MAN PROTECTED BY NATURAL LAW!' YOU ARE PROBABLY GOING TO WANT TO WATCH THIS EPIC COURT TESTIMONY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbVWY_dQQoc

Why do sovereigns always dress like Civil War rein-actors or pilgrims?

edit

http://www.infowarhorse.com/? Do we really need another Alex Jones wannabe site?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

An oldie but a goodie - lots of artifacts. Do you guys think the CIA faked this particular video?

In case you don't remember it, this one was different from his proclamations, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKVpGq7estQ

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Iron Man 3 blew the lid off of that story, but it was too subtle for the sheeple to understand.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

twistedmentat posted:

For some reason I glanced at the Youtube comments for a video about the Young Turks show talking about some douchey 15 year old conservative radio host, and the top rated comment said;

"Feminizism is a zionist plot to double tax income and get women out of the home so children will be indoctrinated in the zionist run liberial conformity factories!"

Why poo poo on women when you can poo poo on them and Jews at the same time!

I'm wondering if he didn't call it "feminazism" because it tarnished nazism by association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I swear truthers literally cannot tell the difference between what happens on a TV screen and real life, in that (among other things) they think anything significant that happens must have a perfectly focused video camera pointed at it.

• Locked thread