Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

'No bulgarian has been refused a UK work visa!'

Surely he should be happy as they're working and therefore paying tax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

'No bulgarian has been refused a UK work visa!'

Surely he should be happy as they're working and therefore paying tax?

He won't be happy until the Balkans is nothing but ash.

"This year we are not having a Black Asian Bulgarian Father Christmas!"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Scotland has only to gain from independence. AGC

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Kilts, everywhere.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wait, Scotland and England already have actual border crossings with guards and everything? Why on earth would do they do that?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Not sure if you're joking but we don't. There's a pub and the trees go from round to pointy, that's about it.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

There is a clearly marked border. With no barrier, no guards. It's just a line with some signs saying SCOTLAND and ENGLAND.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Party Boat posted:

Not sure if you're joking but we don't. There's a pub and the trees go from round to pointy, that's about it.

Oh, now I see. I had mistaken the boarder crossing in that cartoon for an actual boarder crossing as opposed to just the entrance to the NATO base.

It wasn't a very good cartoon...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Flython posted:

He won't be happy until the Balkans is nothing but ash.

"This year we are not having a Black Asian Bulgarian Father Christmas!"
For authenticity they should all be Greek. Turkish-born Greek a plus.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
It always irritates me how whenever the topic is Scotland even the decent leftish cartoonists like the Independent go completely "hah, look at these stupid jocks and sweaty socks, trying to do things" bigoted.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

If there's a line I've not seen it on the A1. There is a Welcome to Scotland sign though, and it's always amused me that there's no corresponding Welcome to England sign on the other side.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

Oh, now I see. I had mistaken the boarder crossing in that cartoon for an actual boarder crossing as opposed to just the entrance to the NATO base.

It wasn't a very good cartoon...

No it is meant to represent the fact there's a border, the NATO base sign is just to say one exists in Scotland, like Nessie and stags.

You just mistook Adams for something other than a lazy stereotyping Tory hack, that's all

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Party Boat posted:

it's always amused me that there's no corresponding Welcome to England sign on the other side.

Give the Mail and Express their chance, and in a few years and there'll be a "gently caress off, we're full" one.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Alex Salmond and Scottish independence – 670-page document published prior to referendum in 2014"

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Conservatives and immigration - Labour has accused David Cameron of panicking over measures to curb benefits for migrants"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Mail:
"It has been revealed in court that Nigella Lawson has a serious cocaine habit."

quote:

“You won’t need knives or forks… It’s a Nigella recipe.”

Express:

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
That indy cartoon is great. love duck!Farage.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Duck? He's Mr. Toad.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
Yeah he's Toad of Toad Hall. Does look a bit like he's got a bill in that one though.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Glad to see those Daily Express petitions in the correct receptacles

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mods namechange to Infinite Bulgarian Romanians please

Fluo
May 25, 2007

This weeks IF... is quite funny:

Marxist polar bear!

Fluo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 28, 2013

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This is the best If... yet.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Is that Marxist Steve Bell?

Reminds me of him in that old Rowson cartoon (on the left)

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Bell's usual rendition of himself is in the person of Monsieur l'Artiste.

It's certainly not a million miles away!

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Trin Tragula posted:

Bell's usual rendition of himself is in the person of Monsieur l'Artiste.

It's certainly not a million miles away!

Some great little details in there. You're still the best Bell.

:argh: : You gotta give me the fangs!

:geno: : Sure. Make em bigger.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I've just realised that it's also got a pretty big resemblance to how he drew Gerry Adams:

(This is from 1996, and it was the first half of a glorious extended setup for one of the best jokes Bell's ever done)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
"The fan is finally about to hit the poo poo" is an excellent line.

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the outrage over Boris Johnson's IQ comments - London mayor accused by Nick Clegg of talking about people as if they were dogs"

Independent:

Cigarette packaging: Ministers launch fresh review

Express:

:byodood: "Are you scared of foreigners yet!?!?!?"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Did Paul Thomas have some traumatic experience involving Romanians a couple of weeks ago, or has he always been this obsessed with immigrants and I didn't notice? Maybe it's just that the royal family hasn't done anything interesting lately to distract him.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Angepain posted:

Did Paul Thomas have some traumatic experience involving Romanians a couple of weeks ago, or has he always been this obsessed with immigrants and I didn't notice? Maybe it's just that the royal family hasn't done anything interesting lately to distract him.

He's always been a rightwing racist, Daily Express is like the (more) tabloidy version of the Daily Mail.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 29, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

baka kaba posted:

Is that Marxist Steve Bell?

Reminds me of him in that old Rowson cartoon (on the left)

Who was being called a gently caress in this comic again? I forget.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

Who was being called a gently caress in this comic again? I forget.

The newspaper that printed it - the Times I think, when the new management dropped him after he'd just started a long-term deal with the paper

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Question: Can swarthy Eastern European types actually walk on the bottom of the ocean

Fluo
May 25, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Question: Can swarthy Eastern European types actually walk on the bottom of the ocean

I think Daily Mail and the Daily Express think they're C'thulhu. :cthulhu:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

:byodood: "Are you scared of foreigners yet!?!?!?"

Is he saying foreigners are bringing Winter?

Edit: blargh I read it at "It's snow from the migrants from the east".

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Kurtofan posted:

Is he saying foreigners are bringing Winter?

Edit: blargh I read it at "It's snow from the migrants from the east".

The British snow is pure and white and holding off the black hordes. Draw your own conclusions.

Angepain posted:

Like Fluo said, they alternate bland inconsequential Little England coverage and outright nasty bigotry and drum-beating. It's the fact they can go between the two so smoothly that makes it more disturbing.

Right now they're literally running some Slawen Raus campaign, which is probably why Thomas is so indulgent lately

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

baka kaba posted:

The newspaper that printed it - the Times I think, when the new management dropped him after he'd just started a long-term deal with the paper
No, I think he specifically put the new editor's name in there below the big gently caress. But honestly I can't remember who it was.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cliff Racer posted:

No, I think he specifically put the new editor's name in there below the big gently caress. But honestly I can't remember who it was.

Ohhhh yeah you're right, now you mention it. I'll find his talk on youtube

That's the sad thing really, he managed to get this printed and in public, but even when we're looking for it it's near impossible to actually see :v:

(gently caress Brock sounds right actually...)

e- bingo! George Brock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeoeIPG_YrY

If anyone hasn't seen it before (or wants to enjoy some Blair impressions again)

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 29, 2013

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

A better world.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

:allears:

Obviously the best way to satirise the media saturation of a specific show is to represent cynics as achingly lacking in any kind of intellectual curiosity about its fantastical subject when it appears in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and the green agenda – PM signals return to green agenda after 'cauterising' energy price fears sparked by Osborne's autumn statement" Also Hope still for 'dead' Comet Ison

Telegraph:

Government asks energy firms to hold prices

Independent:

Italy's Senate expels ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi After Sebastiano Del Piombo

Yesterday's Mail:

quote:

“Promise now….No peeking.”
Wyoming diplodocus skeleton fetches £400,000 at auction

• Locked thread