Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Holy poo poo the 2* black widow is going to be broken as hell with her new ability. Check this out.

IceX posted:

It's currently a separate tick that double dips on Strike tiles. So a max level 3 match of Black will do 117 base and 112 bonus for 229 damage total. An 18 damage Strike tile will raise that to 135 with a 130 bonus for 265 total.

That means when you put 500 damage of strike tiles, she will actually deal an extra 1000 damage. And steal purple ap which lets her steal other ap. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3/5/5 Black Widow here I come. I AM READY.

I've seen so many poor fools with 5/5 black widows. hahaaaaah

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So did they make the chances to get anything other than 20 ISO really low or have I just been having the worst luck with drops for the last couple of days?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

3/5/5 Black Widow here I come. I AM READY.

I've seen so many poor fools with 5/5 black widows. hahaaaaah

...we're talking about the new classic black widow, yes?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Yeah, it's the new one with the dumb glasses.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, it's the new one with the dumb glasses.

Who has 5/5 black widow original already? :psyduck:

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Deep Winter posted:

Who has 5/5 black widow original already? :psyduck:

People with poor impulse control.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Once you have both base cards, it's 500 points to level each up once. Soo... 4000 coins to max?

Bahahahah.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That new Widow power sounds like it'll combo nicely with Wolverine. Bet the covers are rare as gently caress though. Mines only 2/2 so far, will definitely want to max the new power.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Once you start getting maxed characters, coming across enough hero points to just buy power levels isnt that hard. I'm currently sitting on a pile of 2k points from the past few contests.

I also won my first X Force Wolverine from a lottery ticket. Hahahah, 2250 points to buy a level.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Once you have both base cards, it's 500 points to level each up once. Soo... 4000 coins to max?

Bahahahah.

Well you could have up to 3/3 by rewards so far I think. 2000 isn't so bad. Course some people on game forum has spent over hundred dollars so far :psyduck:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Once you start getting maxed characters, coming across enough hero points to just buy power levels isnt that hard. I'm currently sitting on a pile of 2k points from the past few contests.

I also won my first X Force Wolverine from a lottery ticket. Hahahah, 2250 points to buy a level.

I bet you the Hulk will have a five star rare version that costs 4-5k per level but will destroy every tile of a single color per level of an ability until using it for like 20 green/purple AP will destroy the whole board at the cost of a 2-5 turn stun while the Hulk returns to being Bruce

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Well you could have up to 3/3 by rewards so far I think. 2000 isn't so bad. Course some people on game forum has spent over hundred dollars so far :psyduck:

I got 2/5 playing legitimately. without paying to win. :v:

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Looks like they're releasing for Steam.

http://york.launchrock.com/

Bugger all info at the moment, but it's relevant to my interests. It would be nice to get in at the very beginning (although I was only a couple of weeks out this time), maybe make fewer mistakes (buying covers with gold heh).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wonder if there'll be cross play, but honestly I prefer playing on my phone rather than on my computer these days.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I have, as I type this, a total of 27,297 points.

And two other players can complete one mission each and knock me out of Top 2.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Either my bracket is napping or we've collectively decided that doing anything other than waiting for the end to push is a silly thing.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, 'push' is a strong word. I've scarfed up 8/8 in Yelena and 6/8 in the last one and don't care about those last two (a boostpack and 100 ISO), and while the extra 500 HP would be nice I can land anywhere in the top 30 and be happy with what I get, so for now I'm just loving around.

Where we are at:

and 300 points per mission means that nobody on this board is untouchable.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My bracket is pretty chill at only 18k points in the top bunch.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I gave up after 1000. Those prizes were enough. Having to grind another 24000 points just feels like too much hard work.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. I must have done 10 Yelenas since finishing the first run through, and have moved from 5th to... 4th.
The guys ahead of me keep bouncing off each other, moving the goalposts further and further ahead. Since it's costing boosts every time (and the occasional bad luck run where there are no goddamn blue matches on the board so my team gets snipered for 6000), meh.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, for the most part it wasn't really that much work; one pass through Venom Heroic every twelve hours with a nice ISO / token reward each time. The repeatable today was an unpleasant surprise.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why can I not retry any levels in this venom event?! :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All are one-shot missions except the final two.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

delfin posted:

Well, for the most part it wasn't really that much work; one pass through Venom Heroic every twelve hours with a nice ISO / token reward each time. The repeatable today was an unpleasant surprise.
Yeah, that's what I did and ended up top 10 on the final day. The repeatable isn't too bad in my bracket - it looks like only 3 of us really care about jockeying for first/second so it'll probably come down to whoever can sneak in the last match to steal first as it's impossible to get an actual lead while there when the next person down gets 20 times your points.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Having Original Widow at 5 blue is so great. I've been fighting through the lightning rounds and have hardly used any heal tokens. :allears:

Until she stood at the front when 7 of Doom's demons attacked for 411 damage each. :stonk:

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

delfin posted:

and 300 points per mission means that nobody on this board is untouchable.

I'm at the top of my bracket and there are 3 people within 300 points of each other. It's pretty ridiculous, one of us will go into first, the other two will gain exactly 300 points, and then we go back into the waiting game until someone blinks and goes into first place again.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I was sitting at #1 on the reinforcements event, but then I forgot my phone at work. :suicide: I'll be lucky to get top 100.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Reinforcements has three days to go yet. You should be fine.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

vibratingsheep posted:

I'm at the top of my bracket and there are 3 people within 300 points of each other. It's pretty ridiculous, one of us will go into first, the other two will gain exactly 300 points, and then we go back into the waiting game until someone blinks and goes into first place again.

That's my bracket, only with four people. This is a messed up tournament.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, I think I ended up in #1. I hope. I did the minimum number of individual Venom quests to unlock the repeatables, then got myself up to around 5-7ish in score. In the last 15 minutes, I blasted through all the easier missions and rocketed to the top. :v:

edit: Yesss! Cmere you giant pile of coins.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 27, 2013

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm hoping for a top 2 prize as well. Dropped to #3 in the last few minutes and #4 was more than 300 points down. Finished my match and got a first-completion prize so best case scenario it went through and me and #2 get to 2 by last minute leapfrog.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Yeah I got my 1k too :D

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
'Sup Top 2 buddies. A lot less drama in my case -- our bracket went 34K, 34K, 31K and I was one of the 34s.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Yea I made #2 (ugh) I got a nice looking IM40.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Same here, went back and forth with one guy a bunch, but wasn't really in any danger of falling below #2 - I think I ended around 31k or so.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Now to figure out where to spend my golden booty. I'm at 2490, so ten more and I can do either two 3* skillups or five 2*s.

Throwing 2500 on Spider-Man was the best investment I've made in this game, but he's 5/4/2 now and going from 3 to 2 on All Tied Up isn't as major a leap as 6 to 4 was. I feel like I can outwait Heroic/Standard tokens for that last blue cover or find it as a progression reward somewhere. Doom is 5/5 already, he's done.

My Magnetos are tempting: Classic is 1/1/4 but I can try for more covers in Lightning Rounds, and I have his big gun (Purple) where I want it already. Reducing costs on Magnetic Field would be good but it's not a huge upgrade 'til I get it to 5. Grey is 5/2/2 and would look great at 5/5/3 or 5/4/4. Bullseye is 4/5 and that's good enough for now, Widow Original is 1/2 but I'm not going nuts with her until the black power arrives.

Widow Grey is 2/2/3, so she's also an option; 5/3/5 is my desired end result for her.

Or I could just sit on them and wait for new characters to arrive.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I coasted in to the top 15 due to :effort:. I happily finished off my IM40 blue, sold the yellow and red, and bought another green Rag skill point.

Five skill blue on Spidey is pretty great. It will let you lock down the whole team on the first turn of a match with boosts. If there is any blue on the board after that, you can sometimes finish a match without letting them take a turn.

Edit again: My Grey Magneto is at 4/3/4. I was planning on skilling him at 4/5/4, but I just got another blue cover from a standard token. I was thinking that destroying 40% of the board for for 2/3 the ap cost and one turn shorter timer was a decent trade off. Am I going to regret raising his red skill to 4? I kinda think his purple skill has to be at 5.

Edit2: Argh, meant Grey Mag red skill at 4.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 27, 2013

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

As Bandire said, You'll find 3 to 2 AP on All Tied Up is actually a much greater bonus than 6 to 3. Your getting another 50% bonus in the number of webs you can shoot out, and since the stun in based on the number of web tiles, you'll be doing 5 turn / 2 AP stuns after only 8 AP spent (vs 12 with 3AP ATU). Also using boosts will let you completely shut down the opposing team turn one, which you can keep going if you can make even one blue match!

Definitely best 3750 I've spent!

Bandire posted:

Edit again: My Grey Magneto is at 4/3/4. I was planning on skilling him at 4/5/4, but I just got another blue cover from a standard token. I was thinking that destroying 40% of the board for for 2/3 the ap cost and one turn shorter timer was a decent trade off. Am I going to regret raising his red skill to 5? I kinda think his purple skill has to be at 5.

My Magnetos aren't decent, but my guess is that yes, you'll regret taking Iron Hammer to 5. From my experience with 5-green-generating Widow, I'd say rank 5 purple isn't absolutely necessary. You'd still be able to make at least one 5-match, but rank 5 will regularly let you make 2 5-matches or extend the legs of you 'T' matches to pick up rows as well.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Delfin - I think Spider-Man blue would be a good bet, but so would waiting for a new character. I'm sure there will be some new buffed character for a PVP event that everyone gets 1 or 2 covers for (like that Iron Man tournament). Get whoever that character is and skill them up too.

Bandire posted:

I coasted in to the top 15 due to :effort:. I happily finished off my IM40 blue, sold the yellow and red, and bought another green Rag skill point.

Five skill blue on Spidey is pretty great. It will let you lock down the whole team on the first turn of a match with boosts. If there is any blue on the board after that, you can sometimes finish a match without letting them take a turn.

Edit again: My Grey Magneto is at 4/3/4. I was planning on skilling him at 4/5/4, but I just got another blue cover from a standard token. I was thinking that destroying 40% of the board for for 2/3 the ap cost and one turn shorter timer was a decent trade off. Am I going to regret raising his red skill to 5? I kinda think his purple skill has to be at 5.
I'm planning on doing 4/5/4 too. I'm at like 1/4/4 right now.