Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Could never get into Homeworld 1. Too old to pick up quickly and I wasn't patient enough to learn it really. Never got a chance to try 2. I am looking forward to their re-release and HD remakes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

dos4gw posted:

Anyone had any luck with getting a refund on this pile of poo poo?

I have been in back and forth correspondence with Steam support since the day after the game came out. They have refused to refund me twice and the situation has now escalated. They are alleging that the Distance Selling regulations do not apply to digital subscriptions. Reading the Regulations, they are wrong in my view. I have threatened to issue court proceedings against them on the basis that the court has jurisdiction given that the arbitration clause in the steam agreement is an unfair contract term under the UTCCR 1999.

I am now waiting to hear back. I hope that they will take a pragmatic view and pay out. It is certainly not worth the hassle of going to court. I just want my £40 back. What a loving poo poo game.

What part of the regs did you cite? I just generally waved that one. If you threaten court action they may stop corresponding pending you doing that.

I did say the OFT might be interested in investigating digital downloads and returns if they keep releasing buggy shite.

Edit: they also said they can't cause I played it. For 6 hours. My response was yeah I tried to find the game and keep checking after updates to see if it didn't run like poo poo but no luck. Of course I loving tried to play it why did I buy it otherse? Cheeky fuckers.

BastardySkull fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 27, 2013

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

BastardySkull posted:

Edit: they also said they can't cause I played it. For 6 hours. My response was yeah I tried to find the game and keep checking after updates to see if it didn't run like poo poo but no luck. Of course I loving tried to play it why did I buy it otherse? Cheeky fuckers.

To be fair, if they don't know anything about the game, it's not unreasonable to think that 6 hours would be enough time to complete it, seeing as how that seems to be the average length of your typical blockbuster FPS.

dos4gw
Nov 12, 2005

BastardySkull posted:

What part of the regs did you cite? I just generally waved that one. If you threaten court action they may stop corresponding pending you doing that.

I did say the OFT might be interested in investigating digital downloads and returns if they keep releasing buggy shite.

I opened a ticket and just asked for a refund without saying too much. When they refused I just mentioned the regulations without going into any detail.

They refused again and said that the regulations didn't apply so I referred to specific provisions. Regulation 4 says that the regulations apply "to distance contracts other than excepted contracts". Regulation 6 sets out the exceptions, none of which apply (they include things like sale of land etc.). I referred to those and also the definition of "distance contracts" within regulation 3. The definition states "any contract concerning goods or services". My reading of that is that it includes the purchase of a licence to use a digital download. I said that those provisions alone were enough to show that the regulations apply. I also referred to the ECJ decision in UsedSoft where it was held that the purchase of a licence to use a digital product does transfer ownership to the purchaser and that any contractual term which purports to exclude that is void. I referred to clause 2 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and argued that it is meaningless, though even if it does apply then it is still a distance contract in any event.

They said the same to me about not being entitled to a refund because I had played it. I said that whether I had played it or not is irrelevant. I mentioned regulation 13(d) which states that a customer cannot get a refund for a physical copy of a game where it has been unsealed. There is no mention in regulation 13 or otherwise of using a digital download as grounds to refuse a refund under the regulations.

It seems that so far, every time I have sent them an email it has taken 2-3 days to get a reply so I will have to wait and see. If you want to refer to any of the above in your own correspondence then feel free but I don't know whether it will work or not.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

dos4gw posted:

I opened a ticket and just asked for a refund without saying too much. When they refused I just mentioned the regulations without going into any detail.

They refused again and said that the regulations didn't apply so I referred to specific provisions. Regulation 4 says that the regulations apply "to distance contracts other than excepted contracts". Regulation 6 sets out the exceptions, none of which apply (they include things like sale of land etc.). I referred to those and also the definition of "distance contracts" within regulation 3. The definition states "any contract concerning goods or services". My reading of that is that it includes the purchase of a licence to use a digital download. I said that those provisions alone were enough to show that the regulations apply. I also referred to the ECJ decision in UsedSoft where it was held that the purchase of a licence to use a digital product does transfer ownership to the purchaser and that any contractual term which purports to exclude that is void. I referred to clause 2 of the Steam Subscriber Agreement and argued that it is meaningless, though even if it does apply then it is still a distance contract in any event.

They said the same to me about not being entitled to a refund because I had played it. I said that whether I had played it or not is irrelevant. I mentioned regulation 13(d) which states that a customer cannot get a refund for a physical copy of a game where it has been unsealed. There is no mention in regulation 13 or otherwise of using a digital download as grounds to refuse a refund under the regulations.

It seems that so far, every time I have sent them an email it has taken 2-3 days to get a reply so I will have to wait and see. If you want to refer to any of the above in your own correspondence then feel free but I don't know whether it will work or not.

I'll have a go, thanks for that. I'm a fan of the Distance Selling regs and any consumer protection rights anyway so it's worth raising this. I said in my original email that they should pass some feedback up the chain for them to vet products a bit more before whacking them on Steam.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

BastardySkull posted:

I'll have a go, thanks for that. I'm a fan of the Distance Selling regs and any consumer protection rights anyway so it's worth raising this. I said in my original email that they should pass some feedback up the chain for them to vet products a bit more before whacking them on Steam.

The best consumer protection is exercising good judgement. At the risk of being a dick, I want to point out that it was clear to everyone in this thread prior to release that this was going to be a steaming pile at launch. Those that jumped in anyway did so knowing the risk.

Laterbase
May 18, 2011
It'd be nice if I could get refunds on games I'd dropped 6 hours on. Half my library never got that long.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

You are not entitled to a refund because Steam games are covered under 13(a), not 13(d). 13(a) states the following:

quote:

(a)for the supply of services if the supplier has complied with regulation 8(3) and performance of the contract has begun with the consumer’s agreement before the end of the cancellation period applicable under regulation 12;

The important part of this is regulation 8(3) which is the following:

quote:

(3) Subject to regulation 9, prior to the conclusion of a contract for the supply of services, the supplier shall inform the consumer in writing or in another durable medium which is available and accessible to the consumer that, unless the parties agree otherwise, he will not be able to cancel the contract under regulation 10 once the performance of the services has begun with his agreement.

The clause in the Steam subscriber agreement that fulfills 8(3) is under section 3:

quote:

IF YOU ARE AN EU SUBSCRIBER YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM A PURCHASE TRANSACTION FOR DIGITAL CONTENT WITHOUT CHARGE AND WITHOUT GIVING ANY REASON UNTIL DELIVERY OF SUCH CONTENT HAS STARTED OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE HAS COMMENCED. YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM A TRANSACTION OR OBTAIN A REFUND ONCE DELIVERY OF THE CONTENT HAS STARTED OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICE HAS COMMENCED, AT WHICH POINT YOUR TRANSACTION IS FINAL. YOU AGREE THAT DELIVERY OF DIGITAL CONTENT, AND THE ASSOCIATED SUBSCRIPTION, AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF THE ASSOCIATED SERVICE, COMMENCES AT THE MOMENT THE DIGITAL CONTENT IS ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT OR INVENTORY OR OTHERWISE MADE ACCESSIBLE TO YOU FOR DOWNLOAD OR USE.

You don't even have to play the game, simply making it available in the library is considered commencement of services and thus you are no longer entitled to a refund.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 27, 2013

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Domattee posted:

their AI wigs out and will sometimes shoot you instead of the enemy
This would be funny if I didn't love X3, it's just sad.

From your post I gather that:
- you can't have wings, you can only add ships to your squad that is probably the equivalent of asking ships to follow you in X3
- you can have fighters and destroyers on your squad and have them attack stuff you're attacking but can't order them to attack without you (I figure "destroyers" = "M6" maybe?)
- no ships carry fighters anymore, it's only drones now (loving seriously?)
- Capital ships are now the equivalent of TS on X3 except bigger and with more turrets (since they lack hangars and bigger guns, right?)

This is some brutal removal of features and this is only the combat part. And what did we get out of it? Seamless universe and being able to shoot parts of a capital ship. I was thinking we would get something different but this is actually X3 minus loads of features, plus two new features.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
Not REALLY related to X3 but Evochron Mercenary is on sale for 14.99 maybe I'll get my space fix there. I'm in the mood for an Elite wannabe.

Funkysauce fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 27, 2013

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Yep, no wings. You can assign a smaller ship to a bigger ship or a station and then the bigger ship/station will manage the smaller ship, but that's it. In theory you can assign crew members to ships and those add some functionality but that is very aneamic too and doesn't work very well at the moment because :egosoft:

The way the fleet/property management system is supposed to work is that a lot of the micromanagement of the previous games is hidden behind middle management. So if you want your combat ships to protect one of your stations and its freighter you just assign the ships to the stations manager and then the station will use the combat ships to protect itself and its freighter fairly intelligently. The problem is that this doesn't go nearly far enough, and the middle management doesn't give you updates enough on what is happening. So if your freighter takes damage the manager won't have it repaired and if it dies the manager won't get/ask for a replacement and he won't tell you that a ship died either. So you end up having to constantly dig through menus anyway to see how your stuff is doing, and it's particularly annoying when the AI fucks up and you see a freighter try to dock to a hostile station since you don't have the tools to order it to jump away as you did in X3. I don't know why they decided to take almost all commands away for ships that are under your directly control, because that's just loving stupid.

I kind of like the new combat system. X3 had a constant problem where smaller ships were either useless cannon fodder for bigger ships to stupidly waste shots on, or overpowered damageboats that ate bigger ships for breakfast. Nevermind how hosed up that got in OOS combat. So having cap ships attack hostile ships with their drones while using their guns to fend of hostile drones works pretty well. At least as long as the AI doesn't go full retard and has its drones uselessly idle while it tries to broadside the other cap. And then it flies through the other cap because caps are more sluggish now and its guns have poo poo range. Calling the new caps bigger TS is complete nonsense though and you should really look up some videos of Rebirth Combat in action.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Oh sweet albion prelude is 5 bucks gonna make my space PMC again.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Domattee posted:

Yep, no wings. You can assign a smaller ship to a bigger ship or a station and then the bigger ship/station will manage the smaller ship, but that's it. In theory you can assign crew members to ships and those add some functionality but that is very aneamic too and doesn't work very well at the moment because :egosoft:

The way the fleet/property management system is supposed to work is that a lot of the micromanagement of the previous games is hidden behind middle management. So if you want your combat ships to protect one of your stations and its freighter you just assign the ships to the stations manager and then the station will use the combat ships to protect itself and its freighter fairly intelligently. The problem is that this doesn't go nearly far enough, and the middle management doesn't give you updates enough on what is happening. So if your freighter takes damage the manager won't have it repaired and if it dies the manager won't get/ask for a replacement and he won't tell you that a ship died either. So you end up having to constantly dig through menus anyway to see how your stuff is doing, and it's particularly annoying when the AI fucks up and you see a freighter try to dock to a hostile station since you don't have the tools to order it to jump away as you did in X3. I don't know why they decided to take almost all commands away for ships that are under your directly control, because that's just loving stupid.

I kind of like the new combat system. X3 had a constant problem where smaller ships were either useless cannon fodder for bigger ships to stupidly waste shots on, or overpowered damageboats that ate bigger ships for breakfast. Nevermind how hosed up that got in OOS combat. So having cap ships attack hostile ships with their drones while using their guns to fend of hostile drones works pretty well. At least as long as the AI doesn't go full retard and has its drones uselessly idle while it tries to broadside the other cap. And then it flies through the other cap because caps are more sluggish now and its guns have poo poo range. Calling the new caps bigger TS is complete nonsense though and you should really look up some videos of Rebirth Combat in action.

Thanks for all the answers, it makes much more sense now. At least I can see what they are trying to achieve and I'm starting to see how it is in fact a new a different gameplay. Maybe if everything starts working as intended I'll maybe try it out.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ok guys, X3: AP question.

I reinstalled it because I crave space games, but I'm tired of the ol' spreadsheets and micromanaging trading empires. I was in the mood for a more straight-forward experience, but it looks like the vanilla game isn't offering what I'm looking for (it's pretty much impossible to make significant upgrades unless you build a huge trading network to make millions upon millions). If only you could earn some good credits without having to micromanage the hell out of dozens upon dozens of ships and complexes...

Alternatively, I'd be interested in trying one of the two full conversions, XTC (I played this a bit with TC and it was good, very good, now it's also for AP) or XRM (I tried it before AP 2.5, performance was incredibly lovely so I removed it and called it a day). Which would be best? What are the main differences between the two?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 27, 2013

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

TorakFade posted:

If only you could earn some good credits without having to micromanage the hell out of dozens upon dozens of ships and complexes...

Soooo... not to turn you off other mods, but spend literally 10 minutes playing the stock market/SETA game and you'll have enough money to fund a small army. Basically just buy stock in an item that has a lot of turnover (eg. Construction Equipment which will have tens of thousands of units vs. Debris which will have only a couple hundred) when the index is 100+, then sell it when the index is low... maybe 40 or below.

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the game's terrible UI well enough to manage a huge empire, so I use that tactic to fund a small fleet which I then use to terrorize whatever system I'm in. Bonus points if you park satellites outside a stock market station (forget what they're called) so you can continue to explore and gently caress with the rest of the galaxy while you play the markets.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How up to date is the OP on Albion Prelude? I've never actually played it, only Terran Conflict.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Flipswitch posted:

How up to date is the OP on Albion Prelude? I've never actually played it, only Terran Conflict.

Aside from not mentioning the XRM supermod, it's still accurate.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is it worth taking just XRM, or get the compilation and bonus pack mods in the OP?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you're coming at it new, don't go XRM first. It's geared to provide a challenge (read: early game grind) to those already familiar with the base game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks. Trying to get my mitts on the EST, but the links in the Egosoft forums are completely knackered.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Since it's my understanding that the new game totally blows I'm trying to finally learn X3. One thing I can't understand is automated trading. I bought a trading ship and equipped it with all the necessary software (trading software up to MK 3, best buy/sell locaters, remote trading extension), but I can't seem to get it to do much. If it tell it to start sector trading it doesn't seem to know what to do so it just sits there, and I can't tell it to start universe trading for some reason.

Are there additional requirements to universe trading besides trading software m3? Am I doing something wrong with sector trading?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

kedo posted:

Soooo... not to turn you off other mods, but spend literally 10 minutes playing the stock market/SETA game and you'll have enough money to fund a small army. Basically just buy stock in an item that has a lot of turnover (eg. Construction Equipment which will have tens of thousands of units vs. Debris which will have only a couple hundred) when the index is 100+, then sell it when the index is low... maybe 40 or below.

Not to bag X3, I love that game, but the stock market has to be the dumbest feature ever added to this series. The gameplay has nothing to do with space. The commodities don't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the game. There really is no value in playing the stock market above simply cheating money in. When I first heard about it, I thought it would actually reflect other occurrences in the game, like if I bought stock in some commodity and then went around blowing up traders with that commodity in their holds, my stock would rise, but it's really just random. An awful, awful feature.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

I think it's based on the stock of various stations within the influence area of the exchange, which is part of the reason it seems so random since NPC traders buying/selling drives it up and down in ways completely disconnected from any actual supply/demand consideration.

EDIT: Some traders buy energy cells from a solar plant. This causes the price to go up since there are now less energy cells in the station. If you blow those traders up, nothing happens because it doesn't impact the amount of cells in that station. Over time the price drops because there are no longer enough traders so the energy cells build up.

EDIT2: VVV Yeah, I'm not saying that it's working in any sensible fashion, just that that's how it works.

Domattee fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 28, 2013

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Domattee posted:

I think it's supposed to be based on the stock of various stations within the influence area of the exchange, which is part of the reason it seems so random since NPC traders buying/selling drives it up and down in ways completely disconnected from any actual supply/demand consideration.

EDIT: Some traders buy energy cells from a solar plant. This causes the price to go up since there are now less energy cells in the station. If you blow those traders up, nothing happens because it doesn't impact the amount of cells in that station. Over time the price drops because there are no longer enough traders so the energy cells build up.

That's rather backwards isn't it? Embargos don't cause the price of the embargoed commodity to drop because nobody is buying it. The fact that it has this effect on price would seem to be a weird artefact of the system rather than how it's actually intended to work.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

kedo posted:

I simply cannot wrap my brain around the game's terrible UI well enough to manage a huge empire, so I use that tactic to fund a small fleet which I then use to terrorize whatever system I'm in. Bonus points if you park satellites outside a stock market station (forget what they're called) so you can continue to explore and gently caress with the rest of the galaxy while you play the markets.

This is sound advice, I'm sure, but what little I saw of the stock market looks boring... If I have to SETA waiting for stocks to go up without my intervention, I'd rather just cheat the money in.

After a bit of further reading, XRM ups the challenge and early game grind as stated a couple posts above, so that's not my cup of tea; I want to swat enemy fighters out of the sky with ease, and I look for less grinding, not more. I like the idea of the new ships and weapons, but I also like having a jump drive on M3s thank you very much.

XTC looks good in this regard because destroyed ships drop shields, weapons and other valuable stuff you can sell besides missiles, and you really don't have to give much up. Along with the easier claiming of ships, I think that's what I'm looking for... I'll try it with the experimental AP patch and if it's not a huge mess of bugs maybe I'll stick with it long enough to actually have fun :)

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 7, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Unimpressed posted:

Not to bag X3, I love that game, but the stock market has to be the dumbest feature ever added to this series. The gameplay has nothing to do with space. The commodities don't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the game. There really is no value in playing the stock market above simply cheating money in. When I first heard about it, I thought it would actually reflect other occurrences in the game, like if I bought stock in some commodity and then went around blowing up traders with that commodity in their holds, my stock would rise, but it's really just random. An awful, awful feature.

Actually, the local stock market is tied to the actual amount of a given commodity in the market covered by the exchange. I set up a scheme in one of my games where I built a complex that quickly produced a large amount of a single ware. Once I had produced enough of it, I would load it onto my docked freighters--basically dumping it onto the market and tanking the price of the commodity shares. Once the share price went down to basically nothing I would buy it all up. Then I would "buy" back the wares from my transports by transferring their cargo back to the factory. This had the effect of removing them from the market and driving up the price. Then I would sell my shares on the stock market for an obscene profit.

In fact, I didn't even have to keep producing the wares; once I had enough I could just endlessly transfer them to my transports, buy the stock, transfer them back to the factory, sell the stock, profit.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

In positive Rebirth news this mod does indeed restore trade to the universe. I'm gonna go see if I can destroy the Argon and set up my own base in Radiant Haven.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Flipswitch posted:

Thanks. Trying to get my mitts on the EST, but the links in the Egosoft forums are completely knackered.

Here ya go, I recently tracked down everything.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5990181/X3AP%20Mods.rar

This is what it all includes:
http://i.imgur.com/pVGlz80.png

EST is in this case Wirtshaftshaendler_X3TC-V3404.zip
The developer is German.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

You are a beautiful person.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

TorakFade posted:

If only you could earn some good credits without having to micromanage the hell out of dozens upon dozens of ships and complexes...

It takes a while to get there, but once you have a high enough fighter rank you'll start being offered assassination missions in the millions to tens-of-millions range, where you'll generally be going up against M8s and M6s, and later M7s like the Carrack. With a jump drive and a reasonably scrappy ship (ignore your target's escorts, pew pew, jump out) you can make a lot of money before your fight rank gets high enough to start spawning M1s and M2s on you. At that point you can afford an M7M and a small missile complex, and have won the game as far as combat goes.

CodenamePink
Jan 27, 2011
I regret pre-ordering this X:R...

I've honestly put in 2 hours and haven't touched it since release day. It's just so bad on so many levels.. it's not just the buggyness but overall the content and everything about the game is just so blarg. loving piece of poo poo really, there's no better way to put it.

Ap0calyps3
May 14, 2009

I don't so much regret buying the game, as much as wasting the time I have spent playing it so far. I think I will try coming back in two to three months when, hopefully, most of the bugs have been fixed.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

TorakFade posted:

Ok guys, X3: AP question.

I reinstalled it because I crave space games, but I'm tired of the ol' spreadsheets and micromanaging trading empires. I was in the mood for a more straight-forward experience, but it looks like the vanilla game isn't offering what I'm looking for (it's pretty much impossible to make significant upgrades unless you build a huge trading network to make millions upon millions). If only you could earn some good credits without having to micromanage the hell out of dozens upon dozens of ships and complexes...

As said above, combat missions are the way to go. Start with the argon military start and follow the plot for the first few missions until you are given an m6. Once you have that, Ive been able to breeze through missions giving 3 or 4 mil each. Ignore convoy missions and prioritise station defense and (best of all) assassination missions.

Aggressively use the jump drive to find the missions to avoid travel time.

Fitting out ships is a pain without an industrial empire so make sure you install the Improved Races mod. Within its menus you can order fitted ships to the shipyards for the appropriate costs and a delay for construction. You can disable the sector invasions in that mod if you want to.

if you don't mind 'cheating' a bit, then the npc bailout mod in the OP and the ship repair laser mod will also net you a load of cash if you just focus on abandoned m3 ships.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

i wish there was a way to switch it to German and have english subtitles. I am almost positive that it would be a lot better story wise.

SovietPotatoe
May 14, 2011

Master of the Duncspawn Taint

BERGfu posted:

i wish there was a way to switch it to German and have english subtitles. I am almost positive that it would be a lot better story wise.

It isn't. They just have a really lovely writer.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

dos4gw posted:

Anyone had any luck with getting a refund on this pile of poo poo?

I have been in back and forth correspondence with Steam support since the day after the game came out. They have refused to refund me twice and the situation has now escalated. They are alleging that the Distance Selling regulations do not apply to digital subscriptions. Reading the Regulations, they are wrong in my view. I have threatened to issue court proceedings against them on the basis that the court has jurisdiction given that the arbitration clause in the steam agreement is an unfair contract term under the UTCCR 1999.

I am now waiting to hear back. I hope that they will take a pragmatic view and pay out. It is certainly not worth the hassle of going to court. I just want my £40 back. What a loving poo poo game.

I emailed them saying I knew of people who had gotten a refund. And quoted the developer saying the ~20 fps is enough~ thing and told them I thought that was rubbish, and that I didn't wish to support somebody who had that little respect for the people buying a product from them. I then told them I was happy to have it in steam credit rather then a full refund as I would no doubt put the cash back into steam anyway.

I had the refund the next day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

tehsid posted:

I emailed them saying I knew of people who had gotten a refund. And quoted the developer saying the ~20 fps is enough~ thing and told them I thought that was rubbish, and that I didn't wish to support somebody who had that little respect for the people buying a product from them. I then told them I was happy to have it in steam credit rather then a full refund as I would no doubt put the cash back into steam anyway.

I had the refund the next day.

They will give steam credit more freely than money, not sure if you'll ever get your money back but steam credit is viable from what I know.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

If you gently caress up horribly, the game will replace every invalid ship type with a mammoth.

Is this something that can happen in a completely untouched game? In TC I'm playing it without mods (I need my achievements :shepicide:) and there is this random mammoth flying around Senators Badlands. The Yaki leave it well enough alone, I can't really do anything with the ship either.

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
That's supposed to be there, you're fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

SovietPotatoe posted:

It isn't. They just have a really lovely writer.

Well that's just too bad

• Locked thread