Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
19 characters or le
Sep 28, 2005

God is Santa Claus for adults.
So Subtleedit(who isn't even a goon) made his thread on the ED forums:

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/64751-how-i-ninjaed-2-t2-hats-in-two-minutes-and-how-my-guild-managed-to-forgive-me/

I think it's too weak of a challenge.

I asked him to take a picture of himself with moose horns and a lobster bib on, and attempt to recreate the scene somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

19 characters or le posted:

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/64751-how-i-ninjaed-2-t2-hats-in-two-minutes-and-how-my-guild-managed-to-forgive-me/

I asked him to take a picture of himself with moose horns and a lobster bib on, and attempt to recreate the scene somehow.

That's amusing. I saw someone posting in gchat about explosives and I saw subtleedit posting about corpse running into what I assumed was a horde city and thought maybe somebody was trying to recreate the Mal'Ganis Ironforge bombing run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgmc0mvgZAI

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Flurry procs when you get a critical hit, right? I think I heard from someone that it doesn't proc if you get a critical on the last hit of a flurry? And it's supposed to? Maybe? I have no idea.

Yes, additionally, using instants like bloodthirst and whirlwind eat flurry charges when they shouldn't. Honestly at my gear level I crit so much when raid buffed it hardly maters, but back when I first started it was very noticeable.

Bohemienne
May 15, 2007

tadashi posted:

What's the deal with the random disconnects between 10-11 pm EST? Has Feenix ever explained what's going on with that? That's the one hour during weeknights I know I want to play but it's almost not worth it because I never know when I'm going to lose small amounts of progress or randomly DC in a terrible spot.

Apparently this is when the server does its nightly restart, which can be really nice if you need to complete a bugged-out quest (ahem, Benediction) or somesuch but is otherwise a total pain in the rear end. It is of course like 4AM for the Euro players, so perfectly convenient for them, but always adds an element of "fun" to US raids. Just plan on it and .save often between 10 and 11.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: MC raid in 2 hours :siren:

Depending on turn-out, we'll clear whatever we're capable of clearing.

Due to the holiday, we could definitely use the help of anyone that doesn't typically come to raids, but still reads the thread.

Not gonna bang our heads on any walls though, so if it's obvious that we do not have enough people, we might just do the first 3-4 bosses in MC, or maybe Onyxia, which require less numbers.

If we have pretty decent numbers, we'll make a run at completing MC, but this will not be an overly long raid... I need to leave for home tomorrow morning pretty early, and don't want to stay up later than 11:30 PM or so.

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse posted:

This is ICQ, I will probably be late for the raid tonight because I'm going to my parents for dinner

It's me again, I won't be raiding tonight, Winnipeg is in a snow storm and I'm gonna watch the hockey game at my parents

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

mewse posted:

It's me again, I won't be raiding tonight, Winnipeg is in a snow storm and I'm gonna watch the hockey game at my parents

Go Islanders. :colbert:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

mewse posted:

Keep that snow up north, I need to drive home tomorrow and that's uncomfortably close to me

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Questions:

Does this server allow botting of any kind, like one guy can play 2+characters? Reason I ask is a lot of EQ Emu servers are like that and now it's impossible to find a group unless I'm with one of the few goons that play on the server because everyone else is just leveling themselves. Mainly looking for lots of grouping, and grouping being easy to find. Also not into poopsocking whatsoever. I only played a Rogue up to level 40 I think when it first came out, so everything would be new to me.

Second, I read the OP and went to this link (https://www.emeralddream.com/guide/mac) and it directed me to the following link to download the client:http://www.macgamefiles.com/item/19146/World-of-Warcraft-Installer-MacOS-X/ However, it gives me a file not found error. Anyone have an updated link to get this working on mac?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

nwin posted:

Questions:

Does this server allow botting of any kind, like one guy can play 2+characters? Reason I ask is a lot of EQ Emu servers are like that and now it's impossible to find a group unless I'm with one of the few goons that play on the server because everyone else is just leveling themselves. Mainly looking for lots of grouping, and grouping being easy to find. Also not into poopsocking whatsoever. I only played a Rogue up to level 40 I think when it first came out, so everything would be new to me.

Second, I read the OP and went to this link (https://www.emeralddream.com/guide/mac) and it directed me to the following link to download the client:http://www.macgamefiles.com/item/19146/World-of-Warcraft-Installer-MacOS-X/ However, it gives me a file not found error. Anyone have an updated link to get this working on mac?

I didn't really have problems finding groups while leveling. You may run into issues if you try to do the handful of instances that nobody bothers with (BFD, RFK, etc), but that was always the case in vanilla. Not that you should expect a group ready to go and needing your class at any time, but I found people for every dungeon I wanted to do shortly after reaching the appropriate level range. Don't count on full goon groups for all of your leveling instances either - we have plenty of people, but it's doubtful you'll find 4 other goons of reasonable classes in the same level range online at the same time very often. Partial goon groups though, sure. Botting is not allowed, but you can multibox. Not all that many people do it though, and mutiboxing 5 characters is a very poor and frustrating replacement for an instance group.

I can't help you with mac issues.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I got mine for the Mac 3 weeks ago from the torrent link. I don't remember which one.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

There's a mac torrent floating around that should work, I downloaded it the other day. I think I got it from a link on their forums?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

SubliminalTomato posted:

Well i surely did not know that, but what about Mortal Shots??

Mortal Shots has always worked?

19 characters or le
Sep 28, 2005

God is Santa Claus for adults.
Oh god the pictures are up here :

http://getweirdwith.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=427

You gotta see them, there are even haikus!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
The first Haiku is good, but the second one is 5-7-6; Apologize has 4 syllables :colbert:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Posting for confirmation I'm a goony goon. Rolled a druid, Arcadius. I will whisper someone for an invite.

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

19 characters or le posted:

surelynotdhorn posted:

That guild better be worth it considering all the weird stuff they are making you do

heh... weird.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Let's get weird!

Stryfe
Jun 20, 2006
Death is instant, Pain will end, glory is forever

tadashi posted:

What's the deal with the random disconnects between 10-11 pm EST? Has Feenix ever explained what's going on with that? That's the one hour during weeknights I know I want to play but it's almost not worth it because I never know when I'm going to lose small amounts of progress or randomly DC in a terrible spot.

Feenix claims that it is when server provider does their nightly backup and so it cannot be changed. Recently instead of waiting for reset we've been just continuing until crash and it seems to have good results.

gco
May 8, 2007

Stryfe posted:

Feenix claims that it is when server provider does their nightly backup and so it cannot be changed. Recently instead of waiting for reset we've been just continuing until crash and it seems to have good results.

That was actually just some guy on horde who thinks he knows everything. Feenix never actually responded to my post.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
So has anyone done the mage aoe powerleveling thing on here that could suggest some good spots for it? So far I've done:

20-24 Wetlands, 4 Gnoll camps
24-29 Darkshire, Mummy Crypts
29-33 Arathi, Dabyrie Farm (Go'Shek for alliance)

Not sure where to go next, Arathi was kinda slow because I had to wait on respawns. I'm just rounding up the mobs with the mage, then throwing dynamite with the low level char to tag, then aoeing them down. I'm assuming that's how I'm supposed to do it.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Arakan posted:

So has anyone done the mage aoe powerleveling thing on here that could suggest some good spots for it? So far I've done:

Not sure where to go next, Arathi was kinda slow because I had to wait on respawns. I'm just rounding up the mobs with the mage, then throwing dynamite with the low level char to tag, then aoeing them down. I'm assuming that's how I'm supposed to do it.

I haven't, but google found this list of Mage AoE locations which might be useful.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Think I'm being a retard, but could somebody tell me how to teach my pet more skills? I taught him growl, but how do I get him more? I've done some Googling, but because this is vanilla I'm confused as gently caress. Some sites talk about having to catch other animals that have the skill, and others say there should be a trainer, but I've so far failed to find any in either Stormwind or Ironforge ;/

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Roid666 posted:

Think I'm being a retard, but could somebody tell me how to teach my pet more skills? I taught him growl, but how do I get him more? I've done some Googling, but because this is vanilla I'm confused as gently caress. Some sites talk about having to catch other animals that have the skill, and others say there should be a trainer, but I've so far failed to find any in either Stormwind or Ironforge ;/

Hunter petskill trainer is in darnassus, but it only knows lame poo poo like higher ranks of growl, and some passive resistances and such

you can get more unique better skill, and higher ranks of poo poo by taming beasts that know them and doing some poo poo i dont remember

Meveeh
Dec 22, 2008

Roid666 posted:

Pet trainer is next to every hunter trainer. Pet skills cost training points, it gains more points as it becomes more loyal to you. There is a nice pet skills guide, it will tell you what you need to tame to get some usefull pet skills.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Roid666 posted:

You need to stable your actual pet, then go tame a pet that has the skill you want to train. Make it use the skill (autocast a lot) until you get a message that you've learned it. Then the skill is permanently on your list and can be trained to any pets that can have that skill. The only skills you can outright train from a trainer are Growl, Stamina, Armor and the resistances. Hunters in classic are either an adventure or a chore, depending on how you look at it. Bite 8 and the ZG bat were cool things you just couldn't talk about when TBC made the pets all the same.

To answer your next question, the web archive version of tkasomething is decent. I've got a mod that has the more basic skills (before prowl, furious howl and a bunch of other ones were added) but most of the time it's just a lot of googling.

Meveeh
Dec 22, 2008
Also core hound packs in MC are bugged as poo poo and give insane amount of xp so you can level your pet from 25 to 60 in 5 minutes, get your Lupos today. Or you can boost a lvl 55 alt/friend to 60 in one pull if he tags them outside the raid. :feenix:

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Roid666 posted:

It might be an idea to post a 'how to' for vanilla hunter pet skills in the OP as this question seems to be asked every page.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Thanks everyone, so I was being a retard ;]

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Here is petopia from 1.12, before the change to TBC (but it has info on the TBC pets). Pick the family of pet you want, look at the skills then can learn, then click those skills to find which mobs in the world know them. For leveling, key mobs include Elder Ashenvale Bear and the Snapjaw turtles in Hillsbrad, as they have Claw 4, Bite 4, and Shell Shield respectively, and are easy to find and low level. Your pet is a decent chunk of your DPS while leveling, but not enough that you NEED to train every rank of every skill. I leveled with an owl, and learned Claw 2, Claw 4, then just tamed a Winterspring Screecher for the highest ranks of Claw, Dive, and Screech. Bloodaxe Warg in LBRS will give you the highest available ranks of Bite, Dash, and Furious Howl. There aren't too many skills you need outside of those, so basically just shoot for those two pets at 60 and you're set. The only other skill of note is prowl, which you can grab off the Shadowcats in STV.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070222054323/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/articles/skills_list.shtml

\/\/ - Just having basic spacial awareness not being terrible also works

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Nov 30, 2013

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
You need prowl if you plan on taking them into any instances.

Blunder bus
Jan 27, 2012

All aboard the Blunder Bus!

Arakan posted:

Have you got any links on how to do this? Genuinely curious as despite having a mage in vanilla I never did this. In my experience it was grab mobs, frost nova, start blizzard, frost nova breaks, angry mobs reach squishy gnome mage, sad times follow.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

McSpankWich posted:

\/\/ - Just having basic spacial awareness not being terrible also works

OR you can just have your gorilla pull Rend randomly in the middle of a fight. May not be the best strategy, but it sure is funny.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

FutuerBear posted:

OR you can just have your gorilla pull Rend randomly in the middle of a fight. May not be the best strategy, but it sure is funny.

Not just any rend. Invincible, untargetable, cleave spamming Rend. That was a good day.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Blunder bus posted:

Have you got any links on how to do this? Genuinely curious as despite having a mage in vanilla I never did this. In my experience it was grab mobs, frost nova, start blizzard, frost nova breaks, angry mobs reach squishy gnome mage, sad times follow.

Oh, well my mage is 60, these are spots for power leveling alts. Aoe leveling the mage was too hard before ice barrier so I only did 40-60 on him that way. And incase anyone was wondering I tried a bunch of spots in the 30's and it looks like Dustwallow Marsh murloc camps are the best. 30+ mobs on a 5 1/2 minute spawn. Did 33-40 there fairly quickly.

And if you're solo from 40 on it's just round up mobs, frost nova, blink, blizzardx2, cone of cold, frost nova, blizzard. You have to spec improved blizzard for the slow obviously, and don't spec frostbite. But that's about all there is to it.

Arakan fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 30, 2013

Somescrub
Jan 5, 2012

Winning...
In as Somescrub. Joined mostly to pass the time between trade runs and poopscouting in SHK. Additionally it is a nice break from Grad school work. I will probably only be playing casually, but if the raid situation looks good I may delve into that as well. I have raid leader experience from burning crusade through lich king on retail, though from what I hear vanilla was always the hardest. Honestly I love a challenge :hist101:

What is the pvp situation like on this server? Wouldn't mind getting into some pvp as it isn't as time intensive as raiding...

Youth with a Skull
Aug 16, 2004

Hit 'em with one-a dees
Grimey Drawer
Left the server for a bit, would like to join back up to be a jerk with ya'll.

Want to join as Mexibeam, 20 Warrior

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Somescrub posted:

In as Somescrub. Joined mostly to pass the time between trade runs and poopscouting in SHK. Additionally it is a nice break from Grad school work. I will probably only be playing casually, but if the raid situation looks good I may delve into that as well. I have raid leader experience from burning crusade through lich king on retail, though from what I hear vanilla was always the hardest. Honestly I love a challenge :hist101:

What is the pvp situation like on this server? Wouldn't mind getting into some pvp as it isn't as time intensive as raiding...

We really need a new raid leader, the guy we have right now is such a totalitarian. No fun allowed, yeesh!

gco
May 8, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

We really need a new raid leader, the guy we have right now is such a totalitarian. No fun allowed, yeesh!

You were already on thin ice prior to this post. Enjoy Stormlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
A guild kick?! Why I never!!! :supaburn:

• Locked thread