Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Shithouse Dave posted:

I dont know if there is a stereotype for mousy brown if there is I probably don't want to know it because it won't be flattering. Much like my natural hair colour.

mousy brown is supposed to be nerdy and bookish. I have brown hair and glasses and I read books like I'm eating chips so I just fulfill the stereotype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I think some people assume that redheads are naturally awkward or nerdy compared to brunettes and blondes.

Crow Jane posted:

I think we're actually supposed to be sassy.

VanSandman posted:

firey
the adjective is firey
i dont know what it means
maybe you are supposed to commit arson

Pick posted:

redheads are traditionally "free-spirited" and "adventurous" and freaks in the sack, etc. in dumb lovely stupid media that thinks hair color indicates personality

I think it's like all of this. Either awkward and nerdy or fiery and tempestuous. Amy Pond or Rita Hayworth. I've noticed that a lot of people think they know me from somewhere, I think it's 'cause they think all redhead look alike. (this will date me but in high school, people told me I looked like either Molly Ringwald or Annie Lennox. I look nothing like either of them, I just have red hair) When I meet a redhead freak, I imagine it must be what it's like to have big boobs; they're only focused on the hair, not the person.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Livingtrope posted:

silver hair looks awesome imo

I agree, I also really like salt-and-pepper hair where it's mixed in with a darker color
My boyfriend has a few strands of grey in an otherwise dark brown head of hair and I think it's really cute :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Portals posted:

mousy brown is supposed to be nerdy and bookish. I have brown hair and glasses and I read books like I'm eating chips so I just fulfill the stereotype

But then you rip off those glasses and give that hair a shake and PHWOAR

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

and then I stare vacantly into space or run into something because I'm blind as gently caress

\/\/\/ lol that has to be a parody \/\/\/

Portals fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 28, 2013

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLH_5ErxqY

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
this is why I wear contacts. though I look "european" with a certain style of glasses and that's cool I guess

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I like being dirty blond. I put chamomile and lemon in sometimes to get more highlights

Honey also works, it has peroxide in it, but you have to leave it in damp for a while

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Shithouse Dave posted:

I dont know if there is a stereotype for mousy brown if there is I probably don't want to know it because it won't be flattering. Much like my natural hair colour.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
People irl say I sound like Daria. Is this a compliment or not.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

-

Portals fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 3, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Portals posted:

and then I stare vacantly into space or run into something because I'm blind as gently caress

\/\/\/ lol that has to be a parody \/\/\/

not another teen movie
a surprisingly excellent and insightful film

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
daria was way fuckin smart so she felt really alienated from her peers
also dry sarcasm
lots of dry sarcasm

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

VanSandman posted:

not another teen movie
a surprisingly excellent and insightful film

With baby Chris Evans, pre Captain America glutes.

BTW, this is my lap atm:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
My cat is killing a little stuffed red m&m man. And I am supposed to be doing organic chemistry

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'm painting my nails while streaming a documentary about the dust bowl. We've come a long way, babies

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Crow Jane posted:

I'm painting my nails while streaming a documentary about the dust bowl. We've come a long way, babies
I'm wearing "austin-tatious turquoise"
.... it's ok

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Is it on netflix? I really don't want to study

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

"Black Illusion" here. My dream job is being the person who comes up with names for cosmetic colors

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Crow Jane posted:

Is it that Ken Burns documentary series?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Is it on netflix? I really don't want to study

Yep! Just beware of getting sucked down the Ken Burns wormhole. He's addictive.

And hello, btw

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I've got "Drunk Dial" from Superblack on, I usually don't like chunky glitter type stuff but this rocks

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

I'm watching "John Dies at the End" and playing computer hearts. Exciting times.

Fake edit: I'm wear OPI's La Paz-itively Hot. OPI has the cheesiest names.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Crow Jane posted:

Not really, that was a bad and oversimplified documentary. Ken Burns has lost it. (Hated the Prohibition one, too.)

Silver hair here (silver in the front, brown in the back) I bought some bluing to rinse it with, but keep not getting around to make up a bucket of blue rinse water. Left to itself, grey hair yellows. I want to be that fabulous 60something model, although of course she's always had those cheekbones.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Ken Burns' docu series on the National Parks system is loving awesome and I won't accept any other opinion.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
here's some cool names sephora can buy from me for their saucy house cosmetics:

gold did'er
juicy cooch
slut markup
the mathbads
what's a tire jack?
whore slop
glitter hussy
twinkle oval office

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
one of those is a real sephora makeup name btw

i hate sephora

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I assume it's the fifth one down

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

t_violet posted:

I'm watching "John Dies at the End" and playing computer hearts. Exciting times.

Painting my nails China Glaze Harvest Moon (for Thanksgiving) and watching gameplay of a Civ 5 game.

There are some stunningly terrible polish names out there, I have one called Here's Lilac-in At Ya, Kid but it's actually a pretty nice purple.

e: I also have a blue indie polish called A Bad Case of Blue Balls

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Not really, that was a bad and oversimplified documentary. Ken Burns has lost it. (Hated the Prohibition one, too.)

Silver hair here (silver in the front, brown in the back) I bought some bluing to rinse it with, but keep not getting around to make up a bucket of blue rinse water. Left to itself, grey hair yellows. I want to be that fabulous 60something model, although of course she's always had those cheekbones.

Carmen Dell'orefice. She's actually 82 now. I wonder if she's had anything done, her jawline and neck look amazing.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Portals posted:

and watching gameplay of a Civ 5 game.

how unbelievably boring does this have to be

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Wildlife Analysis posted:

how unbelievably boring does this have to be

they're mostly making dick jokes and talking about poo poo that's not related to the game so it's not too bad

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am listening to the December album by George Winston. I think it's pretty nice

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

I am listening to the December album by George Winston. I think it's pretty nice

Year of Hibernation by Youth Lagoon here. :fap:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

That there is a lovely rich cartoon brown. Mine is not really brown but not really blonde either. Mouse.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

t_violet posted:

i read on a blog once how the writer thought that essie had the worst names and all i could think "what dumb fucker doesn't own anything by OPI?"

opi has the worst names, bar none. they do great polishes, though.

Pick posted:

one of those is a real sephora makeup name btw

i hate sephora
technically, it's an opi name.

which makes sense, because it's loving opi.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Frozen was v lovely but I also really really loved tangled.

hope you all have a merry thanksgiving bye

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I've been baking cheesecake for the past 5 hours

gingerbread my dudes dudettes

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

t_violet posted:

Carmen Dell'orefice. She's actually 82 now. I wonder if she's had anything done, her jawline and neck look amazing.

she has def had a few facelifts, you dont get skin that tight on the skull without facelifts.

also now i want some fuckin cheesecake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
nothing wrong with well-done facelifts

• Locked thread