Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Grittybeard posted:

Jesus. You'd think he might have gone for the "Winston didn't do it and is a half foot taller than whoever did" angle but I guess that's another option.

Yeah he really had to cover all of his bases there. "It wasn't him. But if it were him, then she deserved it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

blueandmaizeballs posted:

I guess he was all talk about academics and it wouldn't surprise me that are struggles made his choice to go to bama easier. Thanks Borges.

"all talk about academics"
"are struggles"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Alabama is a really good school though. Football brings a lot of money in.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chichevache posted:

Honestly if I were a Steelers fan I would love being able to respond to fans of the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks, Lions, etc with this sig.

I don't know why, but it is infectious.

Wow, that actually made me a little mad.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

Honestly if I were a Steelers fan I would love being able to respond to fans of the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks, Lions, etc with this sig.

I don't know why, but it is infectious.

GBS 2.1 here I come

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Wow, that actually made me a little mad.

Your head coach is a walrus and your locker room smells of bbq. Your quarterback's throws are like a fart in the general direction of the receiver.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not another forum, but someone on my Facebook feed posted this status on the Incognito-Martin situation:

quote:

Starting to not hate incognegro so much. Kinda just sound like Johnathan Martin is soft.
When I said that a racist who threatens to poo poo in people's mouths might be kind of an rear end in a top hat he said "yeah, he for sure is in the wrong in most aspects but it sounds like they were friends, so it is kinda out of context. \"

Today he posted:

quote:

If it's one guy in the NFLi don't like more than Tom Brady it's scam Newton. Go pats smh
This is a 21-year-old black guy. He has the opinions of a 60-year-old white man.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Speaking of Facebook, I was shown through a friend's account someone talking about "Colin Caperdick" and basically how much he sucks now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Arschlochkind posted:

Speaking of Facebook, I was shown through a friend's account someone talking about "Colin Caperdick" and basically how much he sucks now.

If you're making a stupid nickname up and you don't call him "Colon" then you're probably the worst person ever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So the Seahawks signed Noted Rapist Perish Cox. I wonder what the Field Gulls comments have to say about it

quote:

If you do a little searching on the internet the woman who accused Cox of Rape was a video whore/ Stripper/adult magazine vixxen. She knew what was going on but was pissed when Cox nor thomas claimed the baby.

quote:

Girl goes out and gets trashed and goes home with player and has sex with player.
Then when she tells him she’s pregnant and he doesn’t want to deal with it she cries rape and files suit. Obviously not as cut and dry as you people make it out to be. In this country of money grabbing lawsuits, can you really believe everything you read? Seems moronic to me.

:stonk:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I just want to remind the world that Browner and Thurmond are getting suspended for weed but Cox is still allowed to play after raping a woman.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Benne posted:

So the Seahawks signed Noted Rapist Perish Cox. I wonder what the Field Gulls comments have to say about it

:stonk:

Holy poo poo balls that's... a thing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chichevache posted:

I just want to remind the world that Browner and Thurmond are getting suspended for weed but Cox is still allowed to play after raping a woman.

He caught a lot of flak for it, but I LOVE that Pete Rose came out and said that if he had driven drunk and beaten his wife instead of gambling, he'd be in the hall of fame right now. It's really weird what the sports media chooses to vilify and what gets a pass.

Is it Browner who's up for a possible year ban? For weed/"adderall"?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Chichevache posted:

How do we know it was weed?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DeimosRising posted:

How do we know it was weed?

Because he says it isn't a PED and weed is pretty much the only drug that will be caught by testing. We will find out more later, but Browner is probably weed.

Of course that is all irrelevant because Thurmond is definitely suspended for weed and Cox still raped a woman so the NFL is still arbitrary and lovely and it is really worth being upset over.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Chichevache posted:

Cox was found not guilty. That doesn't mean he necessarily is, but I'm not sure I'd want the NFL conducting parallel rape investigations or firing from the hip with their best guess when there's no conviction.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Because he says it isn't a PED and weed is pretty much the only drug that will be caught by testing. We will find out more later, but Browner is probably weed.

Of course that is all irrelevant because Thurmond is definitely suspended for weed and Cox still raped a woman so the NFL is still arbitrary and lovely and it is really worth being upset over.

This post is amusing to me since Browner has already tested positive for amphetamines in the past. It's plenty easy to get popped for any of the substances on the list.

Josh Gordon was suspended for Codeine just this year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gendo posted:

Cox was found not guilty. That doesn't mean he necessarily is, but I'm not sure I'd want the NFL conducting parallel rape investigations or firing from the hip with their best guess when there's no conviction.

I'd rather they take their moral arbiter role to the point where it might actually kick out real poo poo heads than have them target players for a rather harmless non-crime.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

il serpente cosmico posted:

This post is amusing to me since Browner has already tested positive for amphetamines in the past. It's plenty easy to get popped for any of the substances on the list.

Josh Gordon was suspended for Codeine just this year.

His posts are utterly littered with assumptions taken as extreme truth so there's no point to breaking down just one

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

His posts are utterly littered with assumptions taken as extreme truth so there's no point to breaking down just one

Please go into more detail about what is wrong with that post. Obviously I am taking Browner's word that it isn't a PED this time and is instead a recreational drug, but I'm not quite sure what assumptions are utterly out of line in that case. Yes, I am assuming that if he was busted for a recreational drug that it was marijuana instead of crack cocaine or ecstasy, but from what we know of drug testing and of the popularity of marijuana it doesn't seem like that assumption is unfair either.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There are a few pretty large assumptions on your part, not just concerning browner. As for the whole "WE HAVE A RAPIST OVER A POT SMOKER"... I'll simply point to what Gendo said, as he put it better than I could have.

Also you are starkly defending the guy as if it's clear as day he was busted for weed. It wasn't. This is like the hawks fan who claimed this was an unfair escalation because he was automatically placed on stage 3 for being out of the NFL and going to the cfl.

As said before, he's tested positive for recreational drugs outside of weed before, hasn't he? I'm not saying it's wrong to believe the guy at his word, I'm saying you're going to two extremes pretty quickly with regards to BOTH players based on assumptions, IMO. That's all.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 27, 2013

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

There are a few pretty large assumptions on your part, not just concerning browner. As for the whole "WE HAVE A RAPIST OVER A POT SMOKER"... I'll simply point to what Gendo said, as he put it better than I could have.

You're right, Cox was not actually found guilty of rape). He just happened to have fertilized a woman that he claims to have never had sex with. At the very least Cox is a liar and the accuser is lying about rape as well. I'm making an assumption that he did actually rape the woman because I can not imagine a plausible scenario outside of rape, maybe you can present one. I also do not seem to be alone in this conclusion, as evidenced by pretty much every single other member of this forum calling Cox a rapist.

quote:

Also you are starkly defending the guy as if it's clear as day he was busted for weed. It wasn't. This is like the hawks fan who claimed this was an unfair escalation because he was automatically placed on stage 3 for being out of the NFL and going to the cfl.

As said before, he's tested positive for recreational drugs outside of weed before, hasn't he? I'm not saying it's wrong to believe the guy at his word, I'm saying you're going to two extremes pretty quickly with regards to BOTH players based on assumptions.

That's all.

I'm not defending the guy at all. If he did use a PED then he should be suspended for violation of the rules (the debate over whether or not PEDs should even result in suspension is a separate one which we should set aside). He claims he did not get suspended for a PED, meaning it was something recreational. Fine. Maybe it wasn't marijuana. I don't recall him ever being suspended for anything but the PED charge from 2012. Maybe he was using heroin and smoking crack while occasionally using meth too. (probably not meth though, as I believe the league considers that to be a PED not a recreational drug) All I did was point out the irony of two players being suspended for drug use while a third is still allowed to play after committing a far more heinous crime. Maybe Perrish Cox wasn't found guilty in a court of law, but neither were Browner or Thurmond. At the end of the day the league's discipline is arbitrary as gently caress and horribly enforced.

Epic High Five posted:

He caught a lot of flak for it, but I LOVE that Pete Rose came out and said that if he had driven drunk and beaten his wife instead of gambling, he'd be in the hall of fame right now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well, the Seahawks already waived Cox so this all became moot

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gendo posted:

This is true, the real horror story is that Cox dodged a conviction with the ludicrous "dumb woman regretted it in the morning and cried rape" defense

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

This is true, the real horror story is that Cox dodged a conviction with the ludicrous "dumb woman regretted it in the morning and cried rape" defense

Seminole fans everywhere breath a sigh of relief.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Pretty sure the league groups amphetamines with recreational drugs. If they don't, then they are dumb.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

il serpente cosmico posted:

Pretty sure the league groups amphetamines with recreational drugs. If they don't, then they are dumb.

Well I'm not a chemist but adderall and a few other stimulants are amphetamines, I believe. The league considers those to be PEDs, not recreational.

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Rap posted:

Yeah that's a much bigger problem to me than him catching fringe roster spots for the next few years.

Anyways, The Vikings posted a Happy Hanukkah message to their team Facebook today:

:ughh:

:confused:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gendo posted:

Yeah that's a much bigger problem to me than him catching fringe roster spots for the next few years.

Anyways, The Vikings posted a Happy Hanukkah message to their team Facebook today:

hahahaha That's amazing. Motherfucker scrolled back through 11 months of posts hahahaha indignant scrolling all mauling the mouse wheel with a scowl going

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gendo posted:

loving Christ Hawks fans are evrywhere.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Which one of you god drat goons was this?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Some dudes are just really into Jeff Teague

Gendo
Feb 25, 2001

Rap posted:

hahahaha That's amazing. Motherfucker scrolled back through 11 months of posts hahahaha indignant scrolling all mauling the mouse wheel with a scowl going
Holy crap this seems to be all she posts about

https://www.facebook.com/jane.wallen.16

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gendo posted:

She hates Black Friday so she can't be all bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It came from SB Nation

quote:

Pete Carrol and the Seahawks time is coming
From what I have heard they wanted information from him about the niners and he would not give it up. It is a conflict of interest. The seahawks can continue to try to cheat but watch what happens to them come playoff time. It will be a funny sight.

I....what? :psypop:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Gendo posted:

ahahaha I am literally laughing out loud at this oh my god

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Glad someone else other than Maurice Clarett has the stones to stand up to the Jewish Mafia.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rap posted:

ahahaha I am literally laughing out loud at this oh my god

I love that people like this are usually religious and don't want God out of the Christmas holiday and the person has some sort of modicum of decorum about it. This woman is posting about "holiday trees" like we post about bad roster moves.

"AW NOW WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS rear end in a top hat poo poo BAG DOING?"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

It came from SB Nation

More posted a couple days ago at the Saints SBN blog Canal Street Chronicles.

quote:

Sea Hawks weak link…………….
Big game experience and Night games. I just don’t think they will have it Monday night. They will be relying on the elements to get a win.
Seattle is easy to run on I just heard on ESPN. And their DB’s are easy to pass on also. I am getting a little more confident now. All stadiums are loud if though Seattles is a little louder it’s not like we have never heard it before. Payton has planned for it.
[Somebody mentioned the cold weather and the chance of snow] Sounds like a bad night for a Sea Chicken. We have a better running game IMHO

TFF Saints Goons, I've never appreciated you more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yes if I were to figure out a weak link on Seattle its the defense. I mean what the hell?

• Locked thread