Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
The Greatest* Googly-Mooglies (*not really) select 2011 Doug Fister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Fourside Department Store Spooks select 2006 Ivan Rodriguez with the 38th selection.

Wests are up.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
On the Brewers, please swap Sanders and K-Rod in the bullpen.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Chitown Wests select 1892 John Clarkson.

Pungry is up!

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Pungry

I have travis jackson who's a decent enough shortstop (in that he is a hall of famer) if you'd be interested in a trade

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
This loving computer is on the fritz so I can't even get to my roster document right now but The Worst select 1936 Ernie Lombardi.

Thanks but no thanks Cthulu.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Not-Unspecifieds, or whatever blackmongoose is calling his new team, select '95 Jim Thome, per his PM.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That leaves Grinnblade and his band of merry mashers from the state of gems, also known as the Idaho Potatoes, up next.

Draft Spreadsheet link for the new page.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 27, 2013

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am now shopping my upcoming third round (pick #47) pick!. At this point it's all about patching holes, so I would move it for 3 of the following 4.
code:
- A right handed 1st base bat
- A backup corner outfielder (Right field preference)
- A lefty reliever 
- A 4th round draft pick
Also a friendly reminder that I am shopping one of 1948 Richie Ashburn or 1950 Dom Dimaggio for a 4th rounder!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mks5000 posted:

I am now shopping my upcoming third round (pick #47) pick!. At this point it's all about patching holes, so I would move it for 3 of the following 4.
code:
- A lefty reliever 
- A 4th round draft pick
Also a friendly reminder that I am shopping one of 1948 Richie Ashburn or 1950 Dom Dimaggio for a 4th rounder!

'95 Jose Canseco, '95 Mike Stanton, and pick #76?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

mks5000 posted:

code:
- A lefty reliever 
- A 4th round draft pick

'05 Konerko, '50 Carl Furillo, and '11 Aceves (he is a RHP, but has no platoon split at all).

Cthulhu, you wanna do Tenace for Jackson straight up? Power and patience off the bench!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

'05 Konerko, '50 Carl Furillo, and '11 Aceves (he is a RHP, but has no platoon split at all).

Cthulhu, you wanna do Tenace for Jackson straight up? Power and patience off the bench!

This is my favorite offer that I have received so far, but I'm gonna sit for a bit and see if anyone else pops up with an offer.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Marauder!

I wanted to know if I could use you and your other yous as a heel stable in Super-League Wrestling, but I wanted to run it by you first.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
e: well that went over like a fart in church, soooo

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

The Idaho Potatoes send:
Dispersal Draft XI Pick #42
1989 C Mickey Tettleton

to the Detroit Protectors for:
Dispersal Draft XI Pick #83
1890 C/RF King Kelley
1984 RF Larry Parrish

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 28, 2013

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Grinnblade posted:

:siren: TRADING BLOCK ALERT :siren:

Dispersal Draft XI Pick #42 is on the block.

What I am looking for: RF/C have priority but let's be honest you've seen my roster so if you can sell me on it I might be interested.

Current Offers:
IDA Pick #42/1989 C Mickey Tettleton for DET Pick #83/'?? C King Kelley/1984 RF Larry Parrish

1890 Kelly, so he's a little younger and closer to his prime than the one in the draft.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Marauder!

I wanted to know if I could use you and your other yous as a heel stable in Super-League Wrestling, but I wanted to run it by you first.

Totes. Sounds villainous.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

Smasher basically told me I was going to die unless I got some better pitching, so I've cooled off on getting a catcher sorry. I probably need to sell him for pitching.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

With my recently acquired pick from grinnblade, the Protectors select 1988 Barry Larkin so I can get Eric McNair the gently caress out of Neo-Detroit. Mr.Locke, you're a go for your pick.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
The Babylon Boneheads will take 1966 Dick Allen

You're up TKBomber.

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
The Dorchester Phantoms select 1959 Hoyt Wilheim

Kensei is now on the clock.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Trade

The Muggers Ol' Stubblebeard (Burleigh Grimes 1923) for the Thunder's Marty McManus (1930), 4th round DD and 2nd round SD pick.

Probably a bit of an overpay, but eh.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 28, 2013

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
The Muggers accept. Tradezzzzzz

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Welp, after talking to some folks and getting a few more offers I want to make it official:

The Chitown Wests send:

Pick #47

to The Fukoka Fingerbangers for:

2005 Paul Konerko
1950 Cark Furillo
2011 Alfredo Aceves

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

I have some disappointing news. The scheduling issues that plagued my game caused a full-restart of the simulation. I don't have to redo the rosters but I am going back and re-adding players I missed or who had an incorrect age, plus redoing lineups/rotations with the latest info that I have. This means that the update will be posted later on tonight instead of right now, which I had previously planned on doing. Sorry guys, I feel horrible about this but I want an error-free sim for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That's good news though since now you can get the Pirates into the game. Take your time, dude, and happy Thanksgiving.

And on a stupid overwrought note: thanks, all of you. 2013 started out a pretty lovely year and while it turned out amazing, the Super League was a welcome, amusing, and wonderful distraction when poo poo was less good. So...yay, I guess.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

McFreeze make me an offer

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

That's good news though since now you can get the Pirates into the game. Take your time, dude, and happy Thanksgiving.

And on a stupid overwrought note: thanks, all of you. 2013 started out a pretty lovely year and while it turned out amazing, the Super League was a welcome, amusing, and wonderful distraction when poo poo was less good. So...yay, I guess.

And then you reminded me of the Pirates. poo poo. I'm going to have to get another team on top of that, to keep Mogul balanced.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

kensei posted:

You're still looking for a SS, right? Maybe one of mine and my 4th round pick, or something like that?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

You're still looking for a SS, right? Maybe one of mine and my 4th round pick, or something like that?

Who do you have at SS?

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011
Here's my Red Sox lineup to help with the balancing of the one-team league

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

kensei posted:

Who do you have at SS?

If you're interested in soliciting non-McFreeze offers, I have both Joe Sewell and Alan Trammell. I could certainly consider selling one of them.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

kensei posted:

Who do you have at SS?

I have 1974 Toby Harrah (who has been hamstrung by terrible BABIP every season of his Super-League career) or Jose Reyes 2008.

Or let me know if you want other positions, relievers, whatever.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'll pop into IRC tomorrow to chat.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

cbx, if you want to add the Royals to the mix, I have made a team in the same spreadsheet as before.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mr. Cool Ice posted:

I have 1974 Toby Harrah (who has been hamstrung by terrible BABIP every season of his Super-League career)
I'm picturing toby just standing to admire his hit at home plate regardless of where the ball goes, creating a record number of 7-3, 8-3, and 9-3 putouts.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Are we sure it's terrible BABIP luck? Maybe Harrah is slow as poo poo or hits a lot of fly balls or something.

e: yeah. Don't have batted ball information for him, but he had 2 seasons with a BABIP over .300 and several with a BABIP under .270. His career BABIP was .274. He stole a bunch of bases so I guess it's not a speed thing, but he must've just been a pretty significant fly ball hitter in his career. Which makes his SL BABIP of like .265 or whatever not really that outlandish.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 29, 2013

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FairGame posted:

Are we sure it's terrible BABIP luck? Maybe Harrah is slow as poo poo or hits a lot of fly balls or something.

e: yeah. Don't have batted ball information for him, but he had 2 seasons with a BABIP over .300 and several with a BABIP under .270. His career BABIP was .274. He stole a bunch of bases so I guess it's not a speed thing, but he must've just been a pretty significant fly ball hitter in his career. Which makes his SL BABIP of like .265 or whatever not really that outlandish.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

FairGame posted:

Interesting. I would not have guessed that a non-Adam Dunn could sustain such a low number in his career. But looking at the league stats, the league average BABIP hung around the .280s from 1970 to 1992. Then in 1993, it suddenly jumped up to the .300 average that we see in today's game.

This reminds me of http://steroids-and-baseball.com, which claims the "steroid era" was actually significantly affected by a secretly introduced, more lively baseball in 1992-93.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

kensei posted:

I've got 1930 Travis Jackson to build around as an offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I've got 1930 Travis Jackson to build around as an offer.

talk dirty trade to me