Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I legitimately don't know if that really happened or if that was something Dean Rasmussen wrote.

It's from their board and Dean hardly ever writes about wrestling anymore. He still posts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I legitimately don't know if that really happened or if that was something Dean Rasmussen wrote.
All that needs to be said about DDT Pro is "Bread eating deathmatch"

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Oh DDT, please never change. That said, didn't Muscle Sakai retire 3 years ago?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yes. But then he came back as a ghost that only Sanashiro Takagi and Dino couldn't see.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Ditch posted:

Yes. But then he came back as a ghost that only Sanashiro Takagi and Dino couldn't see.

Germansimp posted:

Oh DDT, please never change.

I agree completely.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Just a little update from me...
Got a new puro source so I'll be getting all of the new titles. Top quality, HD sources to DVD in what appears to be flex mode (fills the disc to max the quality out).

Recently added:

BJW 2012-12-12 Death Vegas (upgrade)
DDT 2013-11-02
Michinoku Pro 2013-11-04 JJJ Series (2D)
NJPW 2013-11-06 Super Junior Tag Tournament (2D)
NOAH 2013-10-25 Global League (2D)
NOAH 2013-10-27 Global League (2D)
NOAH Di Colosseo #544
Wrestle-1 2013-09-08 Raising An Army (2D)

More BJW, NOAH, NJPW coming soon, as well as Stardom.

Running a 25% off sale until Wednesday, so you can get these all on the cheap (hoping I can regain my costs) by entering 'november' at checkout.

I'm putting a lot of these on Google Drive so if anyone wants them digitally shoot me an email. I don't have a new digital system in place (yet, we'll see) but can offer them on a case by case basis. :)

RudoReels.com - Your #1 stop for international pro wrestling DVDs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That Super Jr. Tourney DVD :D

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
I did a double take when I saw the date, myself.

Amusingly, the rest of the tournament will come after. Not sure when, but next couple days or so.

IVPvideos
Feb 21, 2013
Black Friday sale going on right now. 35% off all orders using coupon code BlackFriday. 40% off all orders over $100 using BlackFriday100 and 20% all download orders using coupon code 3Y95327X

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This is from a few days ago but I didn't see it posted. 11/21 AJPW show at Korakuen. Apparently drew either 468 or 615 depending on the source. Can they really even stay in business at this rate?

IVPvideos posted:

Black Friday sale going on right now. 35% off all orders using coupon code BlackFriday. 40% off all orders over $100 using BlackFriday100 and 20% all download orders using coupon code 3Y95327X

Thanks, I'll probably pick something up.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahaha @ 468 people

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I will be genuinely sad if AJPW go out of business.

Because, y'know, it's AJPW.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
They're drawing less at Korakuen than Ice Ribbon. Yeesh.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

That depresses me :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AJPW's owner seems like the type who will double down before he gives up completely. Looking forward to a purchase of NOAH.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahaha @ 468 people
I can't even count 50 people.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

VogeGandire posted:

I will be genuinely sad if AJPW go out of business.

Because, y'know, it's AJPW.

it died years ago

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I just found out now through this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY3NWUESOs8 that Hard Gay was designed to help kids change their eating habits.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

I can't even count 50 people.

FB you are bad at counting bro.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Things are bad, but blatant "unknown time before the show started" shots are really unfair.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Things are bad, but blatant "unknown time before the show started" shots are really unfair.

Even NJPW's smaller shows don't draw that great. If it was AJPW's biggest show of the year and they only drew 400, I'd say its time to wrap it up.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

Even NJPW's smaller shows don't draw that great. If it was AJPW's biggest show of the year and they only drew 400, I'd say its time to wrap it up.

The pic probably is unfair as Ditch said, but even at the more generous estimate that sounds really bad. NJPW sometimes runs really small buildings but they almost always seem to either sell out or come very close to doing so when they run Korakuen. Hell, DDT almost always seems to draw 1k+ at Korakuen according to cagematch and also did much better for their big show at Sumo Hall.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 27, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

The pic probably is unfair as Ditch said, but even at the more generous estimate that sounds really bad. NJPW sometimes runs really small buildings but they almost always seem to either sell out or come very close to doing so when they run Korakuen. Hell, DDT almost always seems to draw 1k+ at Korakuen according to cagematch and also did much better for their big show at Sumo Hall.

DDT also doesn't try to operate outside their means, and from the sounds of it, the new owner of AJPW is a nut who doesn't care about such things.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

coconono posted:

Their last big show from three weeks ago took place in a 80%-empty Sumo Hall.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Illinois Smith posted:

Their last big show from three weeks ago took place in a 80%-empty Sumo Hall.

thanks for the memories, AJPW.

I found the Champions Carnival shows up on Youtube, are they worth sitting through?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

El Gallinero Gros posted:

DDT also doesn't try to operate outside their means, and from the sounds of it, the new owner of AJPW is a nut who doesn't care about such things.

So, a sane Dixie Carter?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The man called M posted:

So, a sane Dixie Carter?

No, even crazier.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

I found the Champions Carnival shows up on Youtube, are they worth sitting through?
The KAI stuff is fun.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lineup for the December 7th Taue retirement show courtesy of the Observer

quote:

The complete lineup for what is the promotion’s biggest show in a long time, including a number of older legends from the 80s and 90s, has Super Crazy vs. Pesadilla, Mohammed Yone & Atsushi Kotoge vs. Daisuke Harada & Hitoshi Kumano, Yoshihiro Takayama & Hajime Ohara vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Mitsuhiro Kitamiya, Maybach Taniguchi vs. Katsuyori Shibata, Akira Taue & Takeshi Morishima & Takashi Sugiura & Genba Hirayanagi vs. Genichiro Tenryu & Tatsumi Fujinami & Masao Inoue & Kentaro Shiga, Jushin Liger & Tiger Mask defend the GHC jr. tag titles against Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr., Taiji Ishimori defends the GHC jr. title against Tatsuhito Takaiwa, Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste defend the GHC tag titles against Naomichi Marufuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima and KENTA vs. Yuji Nagata for the GHC heavyweight title. They also announced Harley Race would be coming in his role as the figurehead member of the GHC championship committee. It’s the first time Race has come to Japan since the 2004 show at the Tokyo Dome.

Looks like an interesting show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The latest Observer says AJPW's latest semi major show in Nagoya drew 1,700 which was considered pretty good. NOAH after a run of decent numbers seems to be back down.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Tenryu wrestling in someone else's retirement match in December 2013 is never going to make sense.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Somewhere in a nearby parallel universe there's a reality where NOAH didn't go to poo poo and Misawa is still alive and him and Taue wrestle card-opening comedy matches well into their 60s. :unsmith:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
gonna be a lotta hips breaking in that 8 man tag

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
What's up with Kawada? Any particular reason why he wouldn't be involved in Taue's retirement?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

david carmichael posted:

What's up with Kawada? Any particular reason why he wouldn't be involved in Taue's retirement?

He's informally retired but he's indicated he'll be in the building for the ceremony.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

david carmichael posted:

He never officially retired but hasn't wrestled for years. Taue visited Kawada's noodle shop as part of the promotion for the retirement show and Meltzer thinks he'll make an appearance.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

MassRafTer posted:

He's informally retired but he's indicated he'll be in the building for the ceremony.

I'm reading that as "Kawada is planning an ambush."

Taue will come through the curtain, and BAM, Dangerous Kick upside the head.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Does Kawada himself make the noodles? I'm not a noodle-eater, but I couldn't pass up Kawada noodles.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

On December 6, 1991 the match of Giant Baba and Andre the Giant vs. Abdullah the Butcher and Giant Kamala II took place. Does this match exist in full anywhere and how do I see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am struggling to think of a worse tag match than one that involves those four people in 1991.