Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Can you still get banned from CoD servers for using perks like Last Stand or Martyrdom? I tried playing MW1 at a friends ages ago and took Martyrdom and that's apparently a huge faux pas. I was promptly kicked from the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Distinct servers as a concept haven't existed since MW1.

Black Ops 1 was the only exception. Those quickly turned into "oorah o7 o7 o7 tactical crouch walking only" spergboxes.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

scamtank posted:

Distinct servers as a concept haven't existed since MW1.

Black Ops 1 was the only exception. Those quickly turned into "oorah o7 o7 o7 tactical crouch walking only" spergboxes.

The more salient point is that those perks don't exist anymore anyways. The last time you were able to do anything at all after death was Mod 3.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Lady Naga posted:

The more salient point is that those perks don't exist anymore anyways. The last time you were able to do anything at all after death was Mod 3.

Technically not true. There is a fun game called peekaboo where you cook a grenade and chase an unsuspecting victim you win if it explodes and surprises them. If they catch on and kill you, well, they have a set time to get away. Those rage mics were the best.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Splode posted:

Lets give the players who are already winning abilities which make it easier to win! That's genius!

The ultimate CoD griefers are the devs.
Alternative version : Rather than try to rubber band your game to make sure everyone has a happy fair time by giving Super Lightning Powers to whoever is losing, whichever person or team has sufficient advantage over the opponents are accelerated towards their inevitable victory to ensure it isn't a drawn out painful process.

There's a reason most Go games end in one player conceding; playing an inevitable result to conclusion is boring and pointless compared to starting afresh.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Soulex posted:

Technically not true. There is a fun game called peekaboo where you cook a grenade and chase an unsuspecting victim you win if it explodes and surprises them. If they catch on and kill you, well, they have a set time to get away. Those rage mics were the best.

This is unironically one of the most fun things to do if you're messing around. There's even an XP awarding challenge for it in MW2 which is how I first found out about it. It's pretty easy to catch snipers even in splitscreen if you're sneaky.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The horrible OP has been updated to look a little less horrible.

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control
I'm trying to find a video I saw a couple months ago of a dude who would find people streaming bf3 or 4 or something and crash MAVs/UAVs into them and play their reactions alongside him killing them, does anyone know what I'm talking about? He was named 'unlimitedmavammo' or osmething.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Uhn posted:

I'm trying to find a video I saw a couple months ago of a dude who would find people streaming bf3 or 4 or something and crash MAVs/UAVs into them and play their reactions alongside him killing them, does anyone know what I'm talking about? He was named 'unlimitedmavammo' or osmething.

That'd be this Youtube channel.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I got the cod gun game knifing from this PBS show called Game/Show. It's like Idea Channel for but video games and they had an episode called Has League of Legend Tamed the Trolls Forever? that is cut up with some great griefing montage (links in the description). Here's another one where the griefing acts dumb/polite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhXQqRGfdkQ

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

Thanks a ton. This is totally the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHv-iyUDTPA

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Uhn posted:

Jesus christ. :psyduck: Is this really such a common thing? I mean, people catching teens having these exposing, emotional fits at their parents on their Online FPS Livestream. I always figured this is more of a lightning strike type of deal, but I see it happening WAY more often than I ever thought I would.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

i am tim! posted:

Jesus christ. :psyduck: Is this really such a common thing? I mean, people catching teens having these exposing, emotional fits at their parents on their Online FPS Livestream. I always figured this is more of a lightning strike type of deal, but I see it happening WAY more often than I ever thought I would.
It didn't twig until about 3 minutes into the video where the guy brings it up... these guys are trying to snipe, which requires cover and concealment, while streaming. How did they expect that to work?

Splicer fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 3, 2013

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

The emotional breakdown towards the end is epic

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

i am tim! posted:

You have to consider the sample size. In a given city, lightning might strike anywhere from only a few dozen to over a 100 times in a given year. Worldwide? It happens about 45 times per second (thanks wikipedia!). If you had a camera hooked up to every part of the world, one of them would always be showing lightning. It's the same thing here.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Splicer posted:

It didn't twig until about 3 minutes into the video where the guy brings it up... these guys are trying to snipe, which requires cover and concealment, while streaming. How did they expect that to work?
Other than people watching the livestream and going "man, I should troll them", the odds are astronomically low that someone else playing the same game let alone in the same match are watching their livestream to find out where they're hidden.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Buried alive posted:

You have to consider the sample size. In a given city, lightning might strike anywhere from only a few dozen to over a 100 times in a given year. Worldwide? It happens about 45 times per second (thanks wikipedia!). If you had a camera hooked up to every part of the world, one of them would always be showing lightning. It's the same thing here.

The Internet is like having a camera hooked up to every idiot in the world and of course it shows!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You are a true griefer if you can spark of a family argument with legit tactics. :hattip:

VV: Hah, forgot to link in the kid and father BF3 thing above. But xmas is coming up, you can use it then.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 3, 2013

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

happyhippy posted:

You are a true griefer if you can spark of a family argument with legit tactics. :hattip:
Man, where were you with this info a week ago? I could've trolled my grandma HARD on Turkey day (aka Thanksgiving).

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That was loving beautiful.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

Uhn posted:

I never expected that sweet melt-down at the end, holy poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Uhn posted:

This needs to be given a loving award.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Meltdown kid is such an attention whore he uploaded the video onto his own channel as well. Sans mommy! part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0BFhpPBVs

He turned off comments though. When he first posted it they were active. It went about as well for him as you'd think.

Speaking of old videos that have been posted before though - there's something I'm way too lazy to search through the thread for. Anyone got a link to an old San Andreas grief video? A couple guys messing with people that try to run a taxi service to earn money. Player A calls a cab while at the end of a pier. Cab shows up, and player B comes barreling down the pier ramming the taxi into the water. Sounds dumb as Hell, but it just killed me to see it.

CaptainBob posted:

Found it, the original post was back on page 268. It's still amusing after all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lvUXR95uM

Excellent. Thanks. Giggling like an idiot and I don't know why.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 3, 2013

CaptainBob
Jul 20, 2013

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Speaking of old videos that have been posted before though - there's something I'm way too lazy to search through the thread for. Anyone got a link to an old San Andreas grief video? A couple guys messing with people that try to run a taxi service to earn money. Player A calls a cab while at the end of a pier. Cab shows up, and player B comes barreling down the pier ramming the taxi into the water. Sounds dumb as Hell, but it just killed me to see it.

Found it, the original post was back on page 268. It's still amusing after all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lvUXR95uM

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
I was inspired by Zelmarked's vids and annoyed some BF4 Recon-only streamer with the MAV, right after China Rising was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAigP3eIUFw

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

erotic dad posted:

I was inspired by Zelmarked's vids and annoyed some BF4 Recon-only streamer with the MAV, right after China Rising was released.

My understanding is that it is no longer possible to kill people with the MAV in Battlefield 4. Which makes the grief so much better. :allears:

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
You can definitely kill people with the China Rising UAVs though. The SUAV doesn't seem to get destroyed if you crash into someone.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

erotic dad posted:

Shoving people around to screw with their aim seems like it almost has more potential than just killing them, alot of these guys seem to value their "sniping skills" rather highly. Well done.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

erotic dad posted:

You did a good job getting a rise even though he was blitzed :)

Really loved when you trapped him in the watch tower.

thekimjong-illest
May 8, 2007
Is this your homework Larry?

Uhn posted:

Dear sweet Christ this is quite possibly the most incredible griefing video I've watched. That freakout at the end is pure gold.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

erotic dad posted:

Loved the end where he just ragequit. I also liked the guy's expansive vocabulary :jerkbag:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Who was the young chap arguing with? His Dad?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

jerichojx posted:

Who was the young chap arguing with? His Dad?

Naw, the guy selling Watchtowers entered the house because he heard all the yelling and decided to give him what-for.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It occurs to me that it would be very easy to just open up the stream of the MLG STREAM player on a second monitor and stalk them for the entire game. Just make it your entire goal to ruin this one person's ego strip

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is livestreaming another form of Let's Play or is there something else going on?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

It leans much more on the presenter's personality, off-the-cuff commentary and audience participation.

And occasionally begging for money I suppose.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
It's people playing video games and streaming it in realtime over the internet. This means if you find a live-stream in progress you can try to find the streamer in game to troll him.

Let's plays tend to be older games as well, live-streams are usually to show of new games or content.

edit: loving typo

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 4, 2013

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Lagomorphic posted:

This means if you find a lifestream in progress you can try to find the streamer in game to troll him.

So that's how Sephiroth got his start.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Opinion Haver posted:

So that's how Sephiroth got his start.

"Okay, just this one last guy and I win... Ahaha, okay, got him stabbed, no way he'll live. May as well do this with sty-- WHAT THE loving gently caress HOW IS HE-- loving HACKER!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.
New BF4 vid, showing off the SUAV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDUEvaJxmsk

• Locked thread