Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I'm not sure if this this manwha has been posted before, but it is really good so I thought I should share it.
It's called I don't want this kind of hero and is mostly a comedy manwha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

A new Naver webtoon, "Magical Exam Student", got its first chapter translated. Could be good, I guess?

I assume the teacher was an ally of the protagonist's magical girl sister, and that's why he's wearing a magical girl outfit? Would also give more of an explanation for how he knew her name.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Silento posted:

A new Naver webtoon, "Magical Exam Student", got its first chapter translated. Could be good, I guess?

There's an extremely short ch. 0 up there as well, if anyone missed it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yea, I assumed that was a preview of a bit that will happen in a few chapters.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Latest chapter of The Gamer
http://mangafox.me/manga/the_gamer/c011/1.html

Funny nod to Tower of God.

Also, funny stat requirements :allears:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, I'm liking where it's going. Obviously, since Jee-Han is the protagonist of a video game, he is special and will have special powers. I'm wondering if being "The Gamer" is that power, or if there's more to come.

Sun-Il's face when he gets healed is amazing. :allears:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think The Gamer is quickly becoming my favorite comic in terms of comedies. I sit there laughing the whole time I read it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nahxela posted:

Latest chapter of The Gamer
http://mangafox.me/manga/the_gamer/c011/1.html

Funny nod to Tower of God.

Also, funny stat requirements :allears:

What agoofy comic.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Three new chapters of Feng Shen Ji: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Feng-Shen-Ji/72

It's pretty much nonstop full-color :ssj: at this point, and it's glorious.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sindai posted:

Three new chapters of Feng Shen Ji: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Feng-Shen-Ji/72

It's pretty much nonstop full-color :ssj: at this point, and it's glorious.

It really is! It's seriously one of the most gorgeous drat things.

Also I love how poo poo is probably going to seriously go down as soon as Tian gets back, wife all permanently dead this time.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Double post but two more chapters of Feng Shen Ji.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well, that escalated quickly. Sorry, NiTian ErXing, time for you to job so the final boss can be built up for the main character.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah that's kinda sad but hey, Tian has loving Monochrome. Which also means he doesn't need to be built up any more than he already is but whatcha gonna do. Maybe NiTian will just get a cool death scene where he does okay but dies of petrification sickness.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

While I like Knight Run I constantly feel like things come out of nowhere with either no explanation or a lot of :techno:. Maybe it is the structuring or the quality of the translation. Or just me having no attention span.

Either way I constantly feel like I forgot or accidentally skipped sections as new things get introduced like everyone but me were already informed beforehand.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Knight run has some interesting ideas and characters, but the writing is lousy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I really like the core conceit of Knight Run (I don't think I've ever seen sci-fi wuxia before and it's an amazing idea) but yeah I don't know what's going on half the time and the translation is barely decipherable.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
New Waves 138

Wasn't expecting them to get wiped out basically in a single chapter by one person, holy poo poo. Given that this is the person at the end of the original series seemed pretty much equal to Goomoonryong after he had snapped it makes sense.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 22, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You'd think martial artists of all people would know to be more wary of perfectly serene old men.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Sindai posted:

You'd think martial artists of all people would know to be more wary of perfectly serene old men.

Yeah, he even had the Claymore "eyes half-open and completely nonchalant" act going too. They had no chance against him.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Reiche posted:

Yeah, he even had the Claymore "eyes half-open and completely nonchalant" act going too. They had no chance against him.

The translation seems kind of lovely, but I assume that Goomoonryong was telling his soldiers that they were all going to die if they attacked the head of the Murim? I forget his name but he is Three-Arts Dragon and the claim was the only reason he didn't claim more of the titles was out of propriety/respect. Seems like Goomoonryong doesn't care about his comrades all that much.

Also man the conclusion to this is seemingly going to be a rush, we haven't seen any progress on the tease of Shi-Ho recovering in the bacta tank (Star Wars reference) and I can't quite figure out how the relationship between Shioon and Goomoonryong will turn out. Whether they end up reuniting or as enemies,...I hope reuniting and destroying everyone with the Sun-Woo but who knows.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Lyon posted:

The translation seems kind of lovely, but I assume that Goomoonryong was telling his soldiers that they were all going to die if they attacked the head of the Murim? I forget his name but he is Three-Arts Dragon and the claim was the only reason he didn't claim more of the titles was out of propriety/respect. Seems like Goomoonryong doesn't care about his comrades all that much.

That's how I parsed it. Yo can we have a crack at this guy? Sure, but you better believe he's gonna murder you straight up. And then they get straight up murdered.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The Breaker is actually a manga thats purpose is to teach everyone to respect their elders.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The Gamer Ch. 12

More of a set-up chapter, but I'm excited to see what happens next week.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Afterschool War Activities has a new chapter.

This series started off slow, but now it seems like poo poo is hitting the fan left and right. In 10 more chapters it'll be 3 people left alive if they keep loving things up in the field against these things.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Nondevor posted:

The Gamer Ch. 12

More of a set-up chapter, but I'm excited to see what happens next week.

Ahaha, titles! I have clearly played too many MMOs, but then so has the MC. I hope he has cheevos now, and he starts off hating them because they don't actually do anything, but then hunting them out becomes a minor obsession. :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lyon posted:

Also man the conclusion to this is seemingly going to be a rush, we haven't seen any progress on the tease of Shi-Ho recovering in the bacta tank (Star Wars reference) and I can't quite figure out how the relationship between Shioon and Goomoonryong will turn out. Whether they end up reuniting or as enemies,...I hope reuniting and destroying everyone with the Sun-Woo but who knows.

Somewhat literal translation.

Glasses Mook: "Hey boss."
Glasses Mook: "That guy, I don't know who he is, but can I fight him?"

Chunwoo: "You're gonna die, you guys."

Glasses Mook: "Heh."

Glasses Mook: "If I can get thrill out of it, it's worth the risk!"

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Chapter 2 of Magical Exam Student is out.

I think that is a direct Madoka Magica reference/parody here.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse, I freaking love Frankenstein. Did the 5th elder say that the Lord of the werewolves is one of the top two in the Union? I wonder who the other top elder is, maybe just a human but somehow I doubt it... probably something ridiculous like the anti-Noblesse who is even more secret than the Noblesse.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Holy poo poo that was a terrible translation...

Frankenstein is cool though, yes.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
We also got a new Chapter of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School :black101:

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011

Still the best manga also that beard

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Feng Shen Ji 78&79 are up

That Fist of the North Star reference.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm a bit surprised Cheese in the Trap isn't listed in this thread. It's a romance/comedy/drama with some mystery elements that I've wound up completely hooked on. The translation javascript is super handy and the group scanlating it has been putting out a chapter every few days. The chapters are pretty significant in length, and while the artwork might not be the most detailed, I find it charming. The expressions are good and I think the artist is really good at doing the low-detail comedy faces. Hong Sul reacts to stuff in great ways, and a lot of the characters are flat-out hosed up, with multiple cowardly, deceptive people, straight-up manipulators and sociopaths, stalkers, etc but also obviously plenty of normal folks. The story moves along at a fairly brisk pace, and it's interesting to see some characters redeem themselves or burn every single bridge they've got over the course of the 90 or so chapters I've read. I like a lot of the side characters like Bora, Eun Taek, and Hyung(HONEY~). I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a fairly lighthearted romcom/drama.

edit: and welp, 10 chapters later(chapter 99) and all I can do is :catstare:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 27, 2013

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

And another Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

Now all we need is some more Space China Dress.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/135

Ox King is pretty rad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New chapter of The Gamer

I love where this is going :allears:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

RatHat posted:

New chapter of The Gamer

I love where this is going :allears:

I like the message here how excessive playing of videogames makes you overpowered in real life. :v:

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

Chapter 3 of Magical Exam Student is out.

My eyes are rotting :D

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Another chapter of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School came out today :black101:

Horny Cat was/is a major player. Not too surprising given that he hang out with the principle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. The ending to this one actually made me laugh out loud.