Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

.This current game at IEM Singapore has a duo Orianna/Annie lane. That's uhh... an interesting choice

I tuned in thinking it was 3.14 lanes, but it's a Ori/Annie lane in 3.13, even stranger.

Apparantly their coach is jungling, and their jungler is laning on Shen, because their Mid is not in attendance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Further info about Complexity - Prolly was interviewed and implied he was removed by choice of the other teammates, perhaps due to an argument or due to his insisting on practice: http://www.ongamers.com/articles/jason-lake-and-pr0lly-discuss-departure-from-complexity/1100-211/

Pretty meh, really.

I mean Pr0lly has bad history when it comes to maintaining a team. Legion ended up breaking up because DemunLul and Cruzer couldn't stand working with Pr0lly anymore, while iNoobish stuck with Pr0lly (Laute was neutral, but decided to not get involved and stopped playing for a bit). There's a pretty good chance Pr0lly was difficult to work with, that the team itself was difficult working with him, and if they can't work together it is a good reason to swap someone.

However so close to LCS quals is way scary.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I tuned in to the WCG and the caster's are talking about Fall Out Boy. A few minutes later the German teams' top Nasus is almost dead against Singed so he Teleports... to a minion right next to him. This really isn't an ultra prestigious tournament, is it?

Routah
Feb 6, 2012

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I tuned in to the WCG and the caster's are talking about Fall Out Boy. A few minutes later the German teams' top Nasus is almost dead against Singed so he Teleports... to a minion right next to him. This really isn't an ultra prestigious tournament, is it?
Not at all. I mean there's a few really good teams in World Elite, OMG and CJ Entus Blaze. Then there's MYM and yoe Flash Wolves who are basically ex-Gama Bears. Then the rest are just uhh, kinda there I guess?

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

I guess with the whole "one team per country" thing they're kinda doomed to end up with mostly filler teams. I mean most of the European teams have members from various countries so they can't compete. So at best you'd end up with a US team, Korean team, Chinese team, a couple of decent teams from the SEA scene, and uhh i guess Gambit could compete if they wanted to, and then the cannon fodder.

I kinda feel like with the set-up they have it'd be more interesting with like, a "no professionals" rule. Then at least it'd be a good chance for some unknown teams to get some exposure and make the results a bit more interesting than "i wander if Blaze or OMG will stomp everyone harder".

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

I guess with the whole "one team per country" thing they're kinda doomed to end up with mostly filler teams. I mean most of the European teams have members from various countries so they can't compete. So at best you'd end up with a US team, Korean team, Chinese team, a couple of decent teams from the SEA scene, and uhh i guess Gambit could compete if they wanted to, and then the cannon fodder.

I kinda feel like with the set-up they have it'd be more interesting with like, a "no professionals" rule. Then at least it'd be a good chance for some unknown teams to get some exposure and make the results a bit more interesting than "i wander if Blaze or OMG will stomp everyone harder".

US Team? Where?! :wth:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm not going to watch wcg, I'm just going to assume blaze and omg will end up in the finals. Maybe I'll watch one game of that, but blaze will probably stomp everyone they play.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

Sexpansion posted:

I'm not going to watch wcg, I'm just going to assume blaze and omg will end up in the finals. Maybe I'll watch one game of that, but blaze will probably stomp everyone they play.

Doubt they can stomp OMG. I'll probably tune in during the later stages when OMG/WE/CJ play vs each other or vs mym or ex-gama bears if either of those two get that far. Does anyone even have a schedule when quarter/semi-finals take place?

And when does IEM Singapore happen?

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

uaciaut posted:

And when does IEM Singapore happen?

It's started already, the amateur semi's where earlier today. Amateur final and the start of the pro tournament is tomorrow. (Although the amateur/pro divide is apparently totally arbitrary cause there are GPL teams in both tournaments, I guess it just sounds better than "Less good teams tournament" and "better teams tournament")

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure Gambit can't compete, because Edward is Armenian.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Yuran M. Bazil posted:

Wcg is a joke and the money is laughable. Its mostly for renown. If they held out in the west, i doubt most Asian teams would even come.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

Pretty sure Gambit can't compete, because Edward is Armenian.

Oh yeah. Man the more i think about this rule the sillier it gets. I guess they where really attached to the concept of being the World Cup of eSports and just didn't think about how it really doesn't work. I'd say they should just do the same thing real sports do and get each country to enter like, a national team of their five best players instead of sticking to already established teams, but that'd probably be hell to organise (and wouldn't really solve the problem of it being a contest between Korea, China and the fodder)

Man i have put way to much thought into how this internet video game tournament that is considered a joke even by internet video game tournament standards is badly designed and how to improve it. This is what being unable to actually play LoL does to me.

Lightglobe
Oct 15, 2005
Watching the OMG game that is going on at the moment in WCG and there has been like 5 pauses already to start the game. It's like I'm watching Euro LCS.

Link for anyone that wants to watch this terrible tournament: http://www.twitch.tv/wcg_stage_a_eng

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Latest in the rumor mill...Evil Geniuses bought out Velocity's LCS spot so they could have an NA LCS team -- Krepo support, Yellowpete ADC, Snoopeh jungle, Pobelter mid, and Innox top.

Apparently wickd and Froggen will stay on the EU team and be joined by Tabzz, Shook, and Nyph.

dexter1 going to jungle for CLG.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Debonhare posted:

Latest in the rumor mill...Evil Geniuses bought out Velocity's LCS spot so they could have an NA LCS team -- Krepo support, Yellowpete ADC, Snoopeh jungle, Pobelter mid, and Innox top.

Apparently wickd and Froggen will stay on the EU team and be joined by Tabzz, Shook, and Nyph.

I think the worst part of this being true is that whoever the strongest NA Challenger team is would then win the prize of getting poo poo on by EG instead of rolling over velocity.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I completely approve of replacing all NA teams with European ones. Except C9.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Aww c'mon. Bjergsen is so lovable!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Cameron posted:

Aww c'mon. Bjergsen is so lovable!

Oh, he can stay.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Where did that rumor come from?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

HiggsBoson81 posted:

I think the worst part of this being true is that whoever the strongest NA Challenger team is would then win the prize of getting poo poo on by EG instead of rolling over velocity.

If Quantic can't beat this thrown together EU team they don't deserve to be in the NA LCS. Gambit and Fnatic EG is not.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

curiousCat posted:

Where did that rumor come from?

Alternate's manager, Olly, who also accidentally revealed the dissolution of Lemondogs by accident on Alex Ich's stream.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Did they ever figure out how to handle that, by the way?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

If Quantic can't beat this thrown together EU team they don't deserve to be in the NA LCS. Gambit and Fnatic EG is not.

You're probably right, I read the original post wrong and somehow thought Froggen was coming to NA. That's not really the best part of EG they're sending to play in qualifiers against (probably) Quantic.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1ro674/krepo_snoopeh_yellowpete_to_join_velocity_gaming/ There's a reddit post about it right now with more details and supporting info for the rumor.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'll still take Quantic.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

Debonhare posted:

Lmao at CLG taking an EU jungler all of a sudden.

Also i really don't see snoopeh/pete/krepo being dumb enough to risk their spot in EU LCS for a potential spot in NA LCS with 2 people they don't know at all and i don't see EG tearing their team down for something as risky as dumb like this. And remember EG almost made it to worlds and EG has kept worst performers (in other games) in their team so why would they break up a fairly successful team.

The only way i see EG breaking up is if froggen found himself a better team.

Ves selling their potential LCS spot does make sense in the context but i really doubt these are the circumstances.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Shook used to be like the most toxic player on EUW that was actually really good. Like best Lee Sin EUW easily, but toxic as gently caress and billion permabans.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

EG did not look good for most of season 3 so maybe this is less EG making a NA team and more them creating a new EU roster.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Dexter would be an enormous upgrade at jungler for CLG if that rumor is true. That would be a team that could contend for NA I think.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

uaciaut posted:

Also i really don't see snoopeh/pete/krepo being dumb enough to risk their spot in EU LCS for a potential spot in NA LCS with 2 people they don't know at all and i don't see EG tearing their team down for something as risky as dumb like this. And remember EG almost made it to worlds and EG has kept worst performers (in other games) in their team so why would they break up a fairly successful team.

The only way i see EG breaking up is if froggen found himself a better team.

There have been rumors about the team having internal conflicts. Alex Garfield (the man who runs EG and Alliance) is far and away the best businessman in esports, if he's doing something it's probably a good idea.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Honestly, if this was true, it's a pretty brilliant move on his part. Regardless of their successes or failures, EG has a following because of the personalities on the team. What better way to foster this than by splitting the team and giving people two teams to cheer for?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Alex Garfield (the man who runs EG and Alliance) is far and away the best businessman in esports, if he's doing something it's probably a good idea.

He fired Idra. He's good, but he's not that good.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008

K8.0 posted:

There have been rumors about the team having internal conflicts. Alex Garfield (the man who runs EG and Alliance) is far and away the best businessman in esports, if he's doing something it's probably a good idea.

What the hell has EG even won in recent (or not even recent) history? I always had the impression that EG is simply a good drama and persona seller and since that's what seems to get so much publicity they have good financial results (which is why i dislike that and EG as an organization overall). I wouldn't say that the owner of EG is successful based on money alone. Then again Alliance did actually get #1 in the last TI.

Anyway regardless of what the guy's reputation moving 3 eu players with 2 na players they have no synergy with all of a sudden would still be a dumb move, especially since EG had decent results in the second split (to parallel did any of EG's SC2 players even come close to getting to blizzcon?) and there are some decent teams to fight VES for their spot atm.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Well Krepo is streaming NA ladder. I don't know if that validates the rumors but something is probably up!

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Frgrbrgr posted:

To be fair would you want to be known for a giant man-child player who doesn't have very good sportsmanship? Also who rage quit a game to a fake Protoss army in a tournament?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Frgrbrgr posted:

after 5748 pr disasters (stop calling your fans bad things greg) it was pretty nessecary

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

Well Krepo is streaming NA ladder. I don't know if that validates the rumors but something is probably up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJqteHn6DUY he's also in this Intel ad. Not sure what to think about it, really.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Apprentice Dick posted:

To be fair would you want to be known for a giant man-child player who doesn't have very good sportsmanship? Also who rage quit a game to a fake Protoss army in a tournament?

Jackie D posted:

after 5748 pr disasters (stop calling your fans bad things greg) it was pretty nessecary

Anytime you have to fire somebody, you've done a bad job. If Idra refused to listen to management, he should have been let go long ago. If he wasn't getting managed well and told not to act like that, well, he drat well should have been. This wasn't a new player to the team acting out, it was one of the oldest veterans and most well-known players in the industry. They have commercials of him driving around in a Veyron. I don't know why anybody would throw that away.

vvv: Not when you've sunk tens of thousands of dollars into developing that person. It was far from the first time he had spoken out, and at the time his actions have become increasingly less hostile. Since he was fired, he's pretty much had a clean record and has done a great job staying relevant. Which makes EG look even worse.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 30, 2013

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Frgrbrgr posted:

Anytime you have to fire somebody, you've done a bad job. If Idra refused to listen to management, he should have been let go long ago. If he wasn't getting managed well and told not to act like that, well, he drat well should have been. This wasn't a new player to the team acting out, it was one of the oldest veterans and most well-known players in the industry. They have commercials of him driving around in a Veyron. I don't know why anybody would throw that away.
Uh, aren't being fired and being "let go" the same thing? I know jack poo poo about what happened with that dude, so I'm probably missing something, but isn't firing someone because they're acting out a sound thing to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The 8 teams left in WCG are decent quality, and they are playing live starting a few minutes ago:
http://www.twitch.tv/wcg_stage_a_eng

It looks like they are playing 3 matches at once and then 1 match? I'm not sure. I wanted to see the Red play but it doesn't look like they are streamed.

Support Elise in this match.

e: Lucian/Elise is a dirty loving lane, my god.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 30, 2013

• Locked thread